Turn To A Friend

Fear Itself

OMG, I'm terribly sorry guys! I've been literally in BUSY, like seriously, my final exam for this semester is coming up, so yeah.. TT__TT hope you still want to read my 'almost' abandon story. :( Enjoy~

 

Tiffany's POV

I didn't know what I was feeling or thinking because all the thoughts and emotions in my head were so damn confused. Sooyoung, Jessica and Jonghyun's words kept replaying themselves over and over in my head, particularly Sooyoung's.

Truth be told I remembered every word she had ever said to me, every look and every touch. It all made it so much harder to keep believing that I had done the right thing by letting her go.

After I left Seoul Pub I drove around for a while without really knowing where I was headed. All I knew was that I had to start fixing things because I couldn't keep going on like this. I was crying hard as I drove and ended up pulling up at my brother Yunho's house. I knew he wouldn't be home, he had gone to work straight from the show, but BoA, my sister in law would be and right now I needed her.

After I had gotten together with Eunjung I had lost touch with a lot of my friends and then Siwon hated the few I'd kept so I'd lost them too, aside from Jonghyun that is. Jonghyun had refused to be lost. BoA and I had known each other almost since infancy, she was the only one besides Jonghyun, and now Jessica I guess, who remained in my life from before I was dating Eunjung.

I tried in vain to make it look like I hadn't been sobbing my eyes out before I stumbled up to the front door and knocked. It wasn't long before BoA was opening the door and I was collapsing into her arms crying so hard I nearly threw up on their welcome mat.

BoA didn't say a word, didn't demand to know what was wrong. She led me into the house and to the living room where she sat me down on the sofa and grabbed a box of tissues for me. For about half an hour I just cried. BoA sat silently by my side, giving me support but not making demands of me.

Once my tears stopped I turned to her and murmured, "Everything is so messed up Unnie. I am so ed up."

"What happened Tiff? Did you and Sooyoung have a fight or something after the show?" BoA asked gently, concern evident in her big brown eyes.

"Well something like that yeah, but its so much more than that Unnie. God I hardly know where to begin, so much has happened lately," I said tiredly. I slumped back against the sofa cushions and sighed. In my head I made a decision, I was going to tell her everything. If I was going to start fixing this then I had to get used to talking about it.

BoA smiled and held my hand in hers, "Tiff, you can tell me anything, you know I'm here for you. I will never judge you. There's no rush, take all the time you need."

I gave her a watery smile and looked down at my hands, "Thanks Unnie. God it all seems so surreal, like something that you never expect to happen to you, but it did." I took a deep, shuddering breath and continued, "Well you know what happened, with Eunjung and then the break up with Siwon and all that. Well Siwon didn't take the break up well, and that's putting it mildly. I know you saw the aftermath of that with the video and that but it got worse from there."

BoA fixed me with a look of concern but just let me continue talking at my own pace. "Um, well Sooyoung and I went out on a date, I was so nervous Unnie. After everything with Jessica and Eunjung I was scared. I didn't need to be. Sooyoung was perfect. The night went great, except for the fact that we had a run in with Siwon 's Dad at the restaurant."

" Tiff, what happened? Mr. Choi always was such a jackass!" BoA said vehemently, almost making me laugh. She'd only met the man once and had already accurately sized him up.

"Yeah you're right about that, he really is a jackass. He makes my mother look like a ing saint, anyway Sooyoung and I were having the most amazing time when I saw Mr. Choi. Unfortunately he saw me too and had to come over. Turned out Siwon hadn't told him we'd split up so that went down well when I'd told him, which got even better when he realized that I was on a date with another woman. After I told him off he left and Sooyoung and I continued our date. It was amazing Unnie," I said with a sad smile at the memory.

"Why do I get the feeling that this story is about to head up creek?" BoA asked sadly.

"Because it is. I wish that had been the worst of what has happened in the last week. Oh , this is so hard! Well the morning after my date with Soo, Siwon turned up at my place. Apparently his Dad had been to see him after he'd bumped into me and cut him off or something. Siwon was drunk and seemed pretty crazed. I have actually never seen him like that before. I was torn between being really pissed off at him and being really ing scared," I paused as memories of that morning overwhelmed me.

BoA wrapped a comforting arm around my shoulder and waited silently for me to continue. She was a good friend, always had been. We had met on the first day of kindergarten, when this horrible little boy Lee Donghae had made me drop my lunch. BoA had seen the whole thing and then shared her ham and cheese sandwich with me. We'd been close ever since.

I took a deep breath and mentally prepared myself to talk about what Siwon had done to me. It would be the first time I had really talked about it. "Well turns out I was right to be scared. Siwon ran down to my bedroom and like a moron I followed him. I should have known better, I should have run. I guess I just never expected him to do what he did." I had to stop as tears filled my eyes and made it hard to speak.

BoA moved to sit on the coffee table so that she was facing me. Taking both my hands in hers she murmured, "Its ok Tiffany, you're safe here. If you want to stop we can, if you want to talk I'm here."

I blinked back more tears and took a shaky breath, "He tried to…uh…he tried to me Unnie. He would have if Sooyoung hadn't turned up and beaten the out of him with a broom of all things."

BoA stared at me with a look of horror on her face before she pulled me into her arms. I sunk into her embrace and sobbed, again. It was funny, but I didn't mind BoA touching me. I had been recoiling from physical contact with everyone else, but that night I craved it. I needed the comfort that only an embrace could provide. If I was honest with myself what I really wanted was to be in Sooyoung's arms again, but I had ed that up.

Once my wracking sobs were under control I looked up at BoA, half expecting a look of disgust or maybe blame. Instead all I saw was understanding, sympathy and love. "Tiffany did you tell the police?" BoA asked in a quiet voice. I just shook my head. "Sooyoung didn't make you call the cops?!"

I gave a harsh little laugh, "You really think anyone could have made me if I didn't want to? She tried though. She tried to be there for me, to help me and all I did was pushing her away and destroy what we could have had."

"What do you mean you destroyed what you could have had? What happened Tiff?" BoA asked in a soft voice.

"I told her we couldn't be together. I can't be what she needs Unnie. She deserves so much more than I am able to give her. She deserves someone who isn't so broken, someone who isn't me with all my issues and baggage. I love her Unnie. I've never felt like this before, and that's only after one date. I just know that I can't make her happy, not right now, not the way I am," I muttered, looking at the floor.

"Oh Tiffany! I don't believe that. I've only seen you and Sooyoung together once and it was so clear how much she cares about you and I know how much you already love her. I bet this is killing her, knowing that you're hurting so badly and not being able to help. Tiffany you are one of the strongest, most amazing women I know. You will get past this, you will. Just please don't push Sooyoung away or you might realize that you've lost her for good. Just let her in Tiffany, you owe her that much," BoA said in the most serious tone I had ever heard from her.

I buried my face in my hands, too exhausted to even cry. I was completely drained. "I don't know what to do anymore Unnie. It's all so ed up. I love her and I am terrified that I am going to lose her. I know what I want and that's to be ok so that I can be with her. Problem is I don't know how to be ok anymore."

BoA grabbed my wrists and moved my hands away from my face, "Ok Tiffany you want to know what to do? Well here it is. You are going to come with me to the police station right now. My Uncle Seung Woo is working today and you can talk to him, he's a detective and he will make sure you're treated right. Tiff I'm not letting you withdraw into yourself again, not this time. I hated myself for the fact that I couldn't reach you after you and Eunjung broke up, obviously I didn't know the whole story at the time, but I still should have done more. I won't make the same mistake this time. Get up we're going!"

I shook my head as a look of horror spread across my face, "No Unnie, I can't. It was brutal last time and I can't go through it all again. Plus there is no proof, so it's a waste of time."

"Bull it's a waste of time! Do you want Siwon doing this to another woman?" I shook my head violently, "I didn't think so. Now get up, we're going!" BoA ordered as she grabbed my hand and dragged me to my feet. I meekly followed her, too ing tired to fight anymore.

The ride to the police station was a blur I stared out the window of her car deep in thought. I couldn't believe I was actually going to report Siwon. I was so scared of what this was going to do to me, but I knew BoA wouldn't let me let Siwon get away with what he'd done. Part of me agreed completely and wanted him to pay for all he had cost me and I wanted to prevent other women going through what I had, the other part of me was terrified of going through it all, the process of reporting it, the investigation and maybe a trial.

The next thing I knew I was in an interview room talking to BoA's Uncle Kim Seung Woo, or Detective Kim as he was known at work. He was a kind man in his late forties with the friendliest smile I had ever seen. You could tell he was going out of his way to try and make me feel at ease, an impossible task given the circumstances.

"So Tiffany, take your time and tell me exactly what happened when Mr. Choi Siwon came to your apartment the morning of the 9th," Detective Kim asked with a kind smile.

I took a deep breath and began talking. I told him everything. From the second I opened my door to find Siwon there to the moment I heard the front door slam as he left after Sooyoung beat the out of him. It was hard to talk about it, often I had to stop as tears overwhelmed me.

The detective took some notes and frowned, "Tiffany what Siwon did to you is a serious crime, I have to ask why didn't you report it sooner?"

I looked down at the grey metal table in front of me, "I've been through something like this before. You'll have it on file somewhere I'm sure. I was…I was about two years ago by my girlfriend at the time. Even though my mother was able to keep that incident out of the public eye going through the interviews and stuff with the police was so hard, I didn't know if I could do it again."

The detective smiled at me with understanding, "Yeah I get that, these investigations can be rough and pretty intrusive. I promise you Tiffany we'll do everything in our power to make sure Siwon pays for what he has done to you. In the mean time we'll see about getting a restraining order to keep him away from you. We're also going to want to speak to Choi Sooyoung as she was a witness to what happened. Do you think you could give her my card and get her to come and see me?"

"Yeah I can do that, I'll be seeing her tomorrow night. Is that ok?" I asked tentatively.

"That's fine Tiffany, we'll go and see Siwon tomorrow and start doing some investigating and then Sooyoung can call me on Monday and we'll sort out a time to get her in to give a statement. If you need anything, anything at all I want you to call me, ok?" Detective Kim said with a warm grin.

I nodded and gave him a tired, but grateful smile. He excused himself and left the room. A minute later BoA came in and just wrapped her arms around me. I sighed tiredly and murmured, "Can you take me home now please?"

BoA nodded and got to her feet. I followed suit and let her lead me from the police station. Once we got to my place BoA walked me up the stairs and made sure I was settled in bed before she headed home. I had to practically kick her out when she insisted on staying. I really just needed a moment to be alone so that I could process everything that had happened that day.

I couldn't believe I had actually gone to the police. I have to admit I was damn proud of myself for doing it though. BoA was right, I didn't want to risk Siwon hurting anyone else. Plus a restraining order would give me some peace of mind.

I sat up in bed and hugged my arms around myself with a small smile. I had taken a huge step tonight, a step forward no less. I was looking forward to telling Sooyoung and Jonghyun, it would make both of them happy.

I glanced over at the clock on my bedside table, it was 4am but I knew there was a call I had to make. Someone who needed to know what had happened to me. Someone who had been kept out of the loop last time, which I wouldn't do again this time.

I scooped up my cordless phone and dialed a familiar number. A very groggy voice answered, "Hello?"

"Hey Dad its me, Tiffany," I murmured down the line.

"Tiffany? Honey what's wrong?" My Dad asked, instantly alert and very concerned.

"Dad there's something I need to tell you. Daddy something happened last week…" I trailed off as tears filled my eyes.

"Ok Honey stay where you are and I'll come to you. Are you at home?" He asked.

"Uh huh. You don't have to come Dad, I know it's late," I mumbled through tears.

"Doesn't matter what time it is Tiffany, I'll be there as soon as I can. Love you kiddo," My Dad said.

"I love you too." I murmured. I heard my Dad hang up the phone and dragged myself out of bed. I threw on a robe and wandered down to the kitchen to get some coffee on the go. I had a feeling we might need it.

I was just pulling my hair into a messy ponytail when I heard my Dad's familiar knock on my door. Ever since we were little my Dad insisted on knocking a certain way so that we would always know it was him and not open the door to a stranger. I unlocked the door and fell into my Dad's arms before he could even step over the threshold. He held me close, dropping kisses on the top of my head. It was comforting in a way that only a parent's arms can be.

I let him lead me over to my sofa and sit me down. He went and closed the door before heading into the kitchen and making each of us a coffee. He came back and sat beside me on the sofa, handing me a coffee made just right.

"Ok Sweetie do you want to tell me what's going on?" He asked kindly.

I sighed and took a sip of the hot liquid, "Yeah it's just hard to talk about Dad. I guess I should just say it." He smiled kindly and took my hand in his, giving it a comforting squeeze. "Well you know that Siwon and I broke up, hell you went with me to his house after he released that damn video, which feels like a lifetime ago..."

Over the next half an hour or so I told my Dad everything. I told him what had happened on my date with Sooyoung (leaving out the kissing, that is the kind of information my father didn't need to hear) and then what had happened with Siwon the morning after. I was also open and honest about the way I had been treating Sooyoung since then. I have never seen my father go so pale so quickly. He grabbed me and pulled me into the tightest of embraces. When I pulled back I saw tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Oh Dad," I sighed and then felt my own tears falling. I snuggled back into his arms and let him rock me like he did when I was a child.

"Tiff I am so sorry I didn't protect you from this. Twice someone has hurt my little girl and that is two times too many. Please tell me you told the police," He said huskily as his tears continued to fall.

"I did, tonight. I know I should have done it sooner, but I couldn't stand the thought of going through it all again after last time. I went to BoA and Yunho's after the show and told Unnie everything, before tonight only Sooyoung and Jonghyun knew. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you sooner Dad," I cried.

"Oh Honey don't worry about that, all that matters is that you've told me now I will help you through this. Tiffany I know you aren't going to like this idea but I'd like you to consider seeing a counselor. There is a lady at work who specializes in working with women who have been victims of violence or ual assault, I think she could help you to cope after all you've endured." Dad said still hugging me close.

I thought about it for a second and smiled a little, "Ok Dad I think it's a good idea, can you set that up for me?"

Dad smiled down at me, "I'm proud of you Baby and I'll call her tomorrow and get a time for you to see her next week."

I snuggled into my Dad's arms, feeling safe and almost ok for the first time since what had happened. I was taking steps to fix things in my life and it felt incredible. My Dad held me tight and gently my hair. Before long I was fast asleep.

I woke up the next morning snuggled in my bed with the delicious smell of bacon wafting down the hall from the kitchen. I glanced over at the clock and almost died when I realized it was after 1! I had no idea I had slept so long.

I climbed out of bed and slipped my robe on, Dad must have taken it off when he put me into bed last night. I padded down the hall and found my Dad cooking breakfast with Kris sitting at the counter. I walked in and both of them glanced up at me with beaming smiles.

"Hey sleeping beauty, nice of you to finally join us!" Kris teased as he jumped out of his seat and gave me a big hug, which I welcomed. I actually felt ok being hugged and wasn't flinching away from physical contact like I had been. I mean it's not like I wanted to go around getting hugged and stuff by everyone, but I could deal with a bit of physical contact from my loved ones and that was progress.

"Hey Kris, you here for a reason or did you just smell Dad's cooking from downstairs?" I asked as we took a seat at the counter.

"Dad called me this morning and said it might be nice if we had breakfast, or a late lunch going by what time it is." Kris answered.

I looked over at my Dad who gave me a meaningful look. I smiled and nodded, I knew it was time to stop hiding.

Over breakfast I told my big brother what had happened to me. Dad had to actually hold Kris back from going to find Siwon. I love that my brother is so protective but I wanted Siwon to be punished legally not in a way that would see my brother behind bars.

Once he'd calmed down, which took a while, Kris hugged me within an inch of my life for about ten minutes. "Tiffany I'm installing a security chain on your door and putting in a peep hole oh and hiring a body guard," Kris said seriously.

"Um Kris I don't think I need a body guard, but thanks. The police are putting a restraining order against Siwon so that he can't come anywhere near me and I doubt he'll try anything again after the beating Sooyoung gave him," I explained.

"Ok, but I'm still putting up that chain and peep hole!" Kris announced. I smiled and nodded.

We helped Dad clean the kitchen and then I told them to leave, I asked nicely I swear. I had to get ready for the gig tonight and needed some time to get prepared. It had been a rather intense time for me and I needed to get my focus on the music.

Reluctantly my Dad and Kris left, both were ordering me to call them anytime if I needed to and both promising to be at the gig tonight. Kris was a tad reluctant to step into a rival venue and Dad was concerned he would stand out and people would think he was a creepy old guy looking to pick up some younger girls. That made me laugh as I shooed them out.

I really was so lucky when it came to the people in my life. They loved me unconditionally (aside from Moon Ye Seul) and stood by me without question. It was time I started to let them in.

I got ready, packed a change of clothes and headed down to my car, which my Dad had gone and picked up from Yunho and BoA's while I was asleep. I then drove across town to the club, Soliloquy, where we would be performing later that night in front of a huge crowd and a potential manager.

I was parking my car when I noticed Sooyoung leaning against the outside wall of the club looking over at me. She looked like she hadn't gotten a lot of sleep the night before, my fault I'm sure. As I got out I saw her walk over.

"Hi Soo," I murmured as she got close.

"Hey Tiff, um I'm sorry I just took off on you like that last night. It was pretty childish of me really," She mumbled.

"I think I've run off on you more than once so it's ok Sooyoung. It was actually good for me I think. After you left I talked to Jessica…"

Sooyoung cut me off, "Please don't tell me you're getting back together with her? I honestly think that might kill me."

I laughed at the absurdity of that, "Um no not at all. She just gave me some advice that kind of hit home. She's been there with me so I guess she knows a bit of what I'm putting you through, of course the situation is somewhat different now."

"Yeah it is. God I drove around for hours last night just thinking about all this and then went home to think some more. Tiffany I can't keep going in circles with you, I love you and want to help please just let me help," Sooyoung pleaded.

I nodded and was about to answer when Jonghyun came out and called for us to get our butts inside so we could get the rehearsal underway. I sighed in frustration, ing Jonghyun and is interrupting ways, and smiled at Sooyoung, "How about we finish this conversation after the show tonight?"

"Ok Tiffany," Sooyoung said softly. I took her hand in mine, surprising her with the contact, and led her inside. I couldn't see her face but I could practically feel her smiling.

-------

The next chapter will have the gig at Soliloquy and then the conclusion of the conversation between Tiffany and Sooyoung.

Thanks to all who are loyally reading, subscribing, and/or leave comments this story.

I love you guys! :'