Dinner and A Contract

Fear Itself

I know it's kinda late, but, Merry chirstmas my lovely readers! Hope you guys enjoy your xmas holiday! xD anyway, this is my christmas present for you guys! Enjoy~

 

Tiffany's POV

I rushed to my front door wearing my robe and with my hair half done to answer it, finding a grinning Sooyoung on the other side holding a bottle of wine. Damn she looked beautiful. No matter how often I see her I am always blown away by how stunning she is. That night she was wearing a grey denim skirt and a brown waistcoat over a cream silk camisole, perfection.

I tilted my head and gave her a sweet smile, "Hey there Brown, come in. I'm sorry I'm running so late. The damn violin master at work went berserk today and smashed his freaking violin when the students in his class couldn't get this piece of music right! I had to spend the rest of the day counseling traumatized students and then shopping for a new violin for the psychotic jackass I work for."

Sooyoung burst out laughing as I finished my rambling story and sat down on my sofa. "Oh my God Tiffany that's ing hilarious!" Sooyoung choked out as she tried to control her laughter.

"Yeah go on laugh it up Brown, this is my life," I said in a mock serious tone before I burst out laughing and flung myself down on the couch beside her. We sat there laughing until we were able to get the giggles under control. "Ok now I'm going to go finish getting ready, make yourself at home," I said as I jumped to my feet and headed down to my bedroom to finish getting ready.

I hurriedly finished straightening my hair and touched up my make-up before I slid on the outfit I had already picked out. Seeing as it was just a dinner at Dad's I figured it was good to go for casual. I slid on my charcoal grey shorts and a midnight blue halter-neck top with a pair of black gladiator sandals. I slipped a black leather cuff onto my left wrist and scooped up a dark grey cardigan in case it got chilly. Surveying myself in the mirror I figured I looked ok.

I walked down the hall and found Sooyoung in my music room sitting at the piano. I knew I'd find her in there. She was as drawn to that room as I was. I leaned against the door frame and smile over at her. She grinned and started playing Pachelbel's Cannon in D, her slender fingers dancing across the keys.

I laughed and stepped into the room, "I thought I was the classical musician Miss Choi?" I said teasingly.

"Well I'm a woman of many talents Miss Hwang, many many talents," Sooyoung said coyly. I laughed again and leaned against the wall.

"You ready to face dinner with the Hwangs?" I asked with a beaming smile on my face. I had been smiling a hell of a lot more the last few days, I kinda think Sooyoung might have had something to do with that.

Sooyoung grinned at me and got to her feet, "Absolutely Hazel, let's get this party started!"

I burst out laughing and shook my head, "get this party started? Wow I never knew you were such a big dork!"

Sooyoung looked indignantly at me and crossed her arms over her chest, "Hey! I resent that! I am so not a dork."

I chuckled and smirked at her, "Sure Choi, you tell yourself that." I rolled my eyes at her and walked out of the music room with Sooyoung trailing behind me.

"Tiffany! I am not a dork! Say I'm not a dork!" Sooyoung begged in a child-like tone.

I just laughed and kept walking. I scooped up my bag and grabbed my cell phone off the charger before opening the front door to let Sooyoung lead the way down the stairs. We climbed into my car with Sooyoung still trying to convince me that she wasn't a dork.

I laughed as I turned the key in the ignition, "It's ok Sooyoung you may be a dork but you're a y dork." As soon as the words came out of my mouth I blushed a spectacular crimson and clapped a hand over my mouth.

Sooyoung looked over at me and grinned in amusement, "Well thank you Hazel, now how about we head to your Dad's." I nodded, still too embarrassed by my little confession. I reversed my car out of the parking space and drove the familiar route to my father's house.

I parked my little blue SUV in front of the familiar home and climbed out. Sooyoung met me on the front path and we walked to the door together. "Brace yourself you are about to be interrogated by the Hwang clan," I said, being absolutely seriously. Sooyoung laughed and then stopped when she saw my expression, "I am so not kidding Brown, brace yourself." I lead a now scared looking Sooyoung through the front door into my family home.

As I closed the door behind us my Dad walked in wearing his 'Kiss the Chef' apron and a huge welcoming smile. "Tiffany, Sooyoung you made it! Come on into the living room the others are already here!" My Dad ushered us in where the rest of my immediate family waited to greet us.

Kris jumped to his feet and pulled me into a suffocating hug before doing the same to Sooyoung, "So good to see you Soo!" He gushed like an excited old woman. I laughed and led Sooyoung over to Kris's girlfriend.

"Sooyoung this is Nana, the poor girl infected with my brother's spawn!" I teased, earning me a glare from Kris and a chuckle from Nana.

Sooyoung took Nana's offered hand and said with a grin, "it's nice to meet you." Nana was a pretty girl with long blonde hair and dark brown eyes, she was also sporting a pretty impressive baby bump seeing as she was now almost eight months pregnant.

Next I hugged Yunho and BoA before they both pulled Sooyoung into warm hugs as well. "Sooyoung it's so great to see you again!" Yunho gushed excitedly. I smiled as I watched the way my family interacted with Sooyoung. I couldn't see them ever interacting with Siwon or Eunjung like this (even before they both attacked me, I really know how to pick em don't I).

"Ok troops, dinner is ready!" Dad called from the dinning room. I grabbed Sooyoung's hand and dragged her along behind me so that we got the best seats, which were next to my Dad. Dad always served the people on his right first so me and Kris had always fought to get that spot. Almost pulling Sooyoung's arm out of its socket we beat Kris to the table and got the prime seats.

Kris stuck his tongue out at me and sat opposite Dad at the other end of the table, very graciously letting Nana sit next to Sooyoung. Yunho and BoA took the other side of the table, both of them laughing at me and Kris's antics. It was something they had been subjected to many a time. Poor Sooyoung looked confused yet amused.

Dad just shook his head at us and said, "You know you'd think that when company was here you two would at least try and act your age." I had the decency to look a little embarrassed while Kris just shrugged. Sooyoung chuckled and looked back and forth between us.

"Sorry Dad," I mumble before picking up my fork. Now that Moon Ye Seul is gone we are no longer forced to say grace, thank ing Christ! (okay..)

"Ok guys dig in while it's still hot!" My Dad ordered. We all dug into our dinner. My Dad had out done himself, yet again. He'd made his famous lasagna and homemade garlic bread with the hugest salad and a mammoth chocolate mousse for desert.

I saw Sooyoung slide a forkful of pasta into and moan in pleasure at the taste. I have to admit that little moan of hers had a rather Pavlovian response in me and yes that means I may have started drooling a little. I don't think it was noticeable, at least I hope not.

The only sound in the dining room for a while was the sound of cutlery against china and the sound of chewing. My Dad's food is so damn good that it renders you unable to speak.

"Oh my God this is the best lasagna I have ever tasted!" Sooyoung finally exclaimed, right before she stuffed another forkful into . I laughed at her, earning me a playful glare.

"Thanks Sooyoung, you can come round for dinner anytime if you compliment my cooking like that. These pigs I raised barely say anything between shoveling their food into their mouths," Dad said with a teasing twinkle in his big hazel eyes.

I glared at my Dad as an embarrassed blush colored my cheeks. You know if I had a dollar for every time I have blushed around Choi Sooyoung I'd be a multi-millionaire by now, seriously.

"Ok so Sooyoung what exactly do you do?" Yunho asked as he took a drink from his water. I glared at him, damn the interrogation was about to begin.

"Well actually I am just focusing on my music right now. Um my Dad left me quite a bit of money when he passed away so I'm living on that while I try to make a real go of it with my music," Sooyoung answered with a nervous smile.

"So you're saying you're unemployed?" Kris asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Kris!" I snapped, staring daggers at him while Sooyoung just blushed.

"No it's ok Tiff. Um well I went to KNUA (Korean National University of Arts) and studied music and worked for a while after college at a record label but quit when I met Jonghyun and joined the band. My Dad always told me to go for my dreams, to throw everything I am at them so that I never have to regret not giving it my all so that's what I did," Sooyoung shrugged and ate another mouthful of her dinner.

"Hmm good answer…so you got many exes?" Kris asked. I picked up my bread roll and threw it at him, hard.

"I think that's enough questions for now," My Dad said with an amused twinkle in his hazel eyes.

The rest of the meal passed with minimal humiliation for me, a few intrusive questions for Sooyoung and a lot of light hearted banter and conversation between all at the table. I loved how well Sooyoung got along with my family, it meant a lot to me seeing as I had hopes of her being around for a long time, like forever.

Dad had just brought out the coffee and chocolate mousse when the topic I really didn't want to discuss came up. "So Tiff have you heard from the police about the investigation?" Yunho asked as he took a sip of his coffee.

I felt all eyes on me as I slowly swallowed the mouthful of mousse I'd just taken, "Um no not since they interviewed Sooyoung, Dad and Kris. Detective Kim said he'd call me this week to update me."

Sooyoung reached under the table and gave my hand a comforting squeeze. I smile over at her and squeezed back. My Dad looked at my in sympathy and changed the subject, "So how's work then Tiff?"

"Work is good, I'm only doing three days a week now which I love, it makes it easier to get to band rehearsals and stuff like that, plus a three day working week is a hell of a lot more appealing that a five day working week," I answered with a smile.

The rest of the night passed smoothly with only a few more inappropriate questions for Sooyoung, but being the trooper that she is she took them all in her stride and answered all their (and by their I mean my brothers) out there and invasive questions. I think the worst being the questions about her ual history and then asking her when she'd last been tested for STDs. I slugged Kris hard for that particular line of questioning.

We said good night to my family, with Sooyoung getting smothered in hugs from all of them, and headed out to my car. Once we were inside and away from the prying eyes of my family I turned to her with an apologetic smile, "Soo I am so sorry about that, they can be a little intense sometimes and they wonder why I have rarely if ever brought dates home! I mean are you ok?"

Sooyoung chuckled at my rambling and gave my hand a squeeze, "It's ok Hazel, I like that they are so protective of you. It makes me happy to know that they care about you so much that they feel the need to interrogate people you bring home, plus they weren't that bad."

"Weren't that bad?! Do you not remember when they asked for an alphabetized list of all your past relationships and a copy of your medical records?!" I asked in disbelief.

Sooyoung burst out laughing, making me shake my head and start giggling too. Pretty soon we were both laughing so hard we were in tears and clutching onto each other. Once the laughter had died down I started my car and drove back to my place.

After parking my car I walked Sooyoung over to hers and surprised both of us by pulling her into a fierce hug. I held her close to me and took in all that was Choi Sooyoung. I buried my face in the crook of her neck and just held her to me. After a few moments of just silently holding each other I whispered, "Thank you Brown."

"What do you have to thank me for Hazel?" Sooyoung whispered back, her arms tightening around me.

"Well for starters for making me laugh and smile more in the last five days than I would have thought possible. Did you know that today it is two weeks since Siwon tried to…uh…since he attacked me? Two weeks and its only when I'm with you that I feel almost human so I guess that's what I'm thanking you for Soo," I murmured shyly.

"You have nothing to thank me for Hazel, I want to be here with you and getting to see you smile and laugh and let go of what he did, even just a little bit is more than enough reward for me," Sooyoung beamed her nose-crinkling smile. I leaned in and kissed her softly on the cheek before stepping back out of her arms.

Sooyoung reached up and ran her fingers over her cheek where my lips had just been with a dreamlike smile on her lips. I grinned and started to walk towards the stairs to my place, calling back over my shoulder, "Good night Brown."

I heard her raspy, tantalizing voice call out softly, "Good Night Hazel." Smiling to myself I went inside. Maybe, just maybe with Sooyoung by my side I could get through this.

------------

Sooyoung's POV

Today promised to be a big, no make that epic, day. Today was the day we officially signed on the dotted line and made Jae Hyun our manager. It was all very exciting. I had done some digging, spoken to some old industry friends of my Dad's and they all spoke highly of Jae Hyun so I was confident that he would do right by us.

We were all meeting at Jonghyun's so that we could sign the contract and then discuss recording the demo and all that good stuff. I was nervous but at the same time almost jumping out of my skin with anticipation. This was the start of something major, I felt it in my bones. It was actually kind of like the feeling I'd had when I met Tiffany for the first time.

I parked my Porsche behind Tiffany's dark blue SUV and climbed out, I had left my guitar at Jonghyun's the night before so I began wandering towards the house when I caught movement out of the corner of my eye. I turned around to find Tiffany leaning against her car, eyes closed and breathing deeply. She had the tracks of tears on her cheeks which broke my heart.

I walked to her side and tentatively reached out to lay my hand on her shoulder.

"Hey Hazel, are you alright?" I asked with concern.

Tiffany offered me a small smile, "Yeah I've just come from my counseling appointment and it brought up some stuff that's all. I was just taking a second to calm down before I headed in."

I moved closer to her and draped my arm around her shoulder half expecting her to pull away, instead Tiffany snuggled in closer and rested her cheek against my shoulder. "Do you want to talk about it Tiff?" I asked gently.

"Not right now Brown, we are about to have a wonderful, career changing thing happen so let's not dwell on the of the past, let's get our butts inside and experience the start of our dreams coming true," Tiffany's eyes were shining with excitement and her full lips were now turned up in a beaming smile.

"Ok Hazel, but if you want to talk, ever, you know I'm here," I said locking my eyes on hers.

"Yeah I know Sooyoung, thanks. Now let's go!" Tiffany took my hand and led me inside. I smiled at her, watching her long red ponytail swing as she dragged me by the hand into Jonghyun's house.

We walked in to find all the others were already there, sitting on the various miss-matched sofas chatting to Jae Hyun. "Well now that the vocal goddesses are here we can begin!" Jae Hyun called out excitedly on seeing us wander in.

Tiffany and I greeted everyone enthusiastically and took a seat next to Minhyuk on a well worn olive green sofa, Tiffany held my hand the entire time.

"Ok now that we are all here I have a contract for you guys to sign, please take some time to read over it, I know your lawyer had a look but have a look yourselves, I'll give you a moment," Jae Hyun smiled kindly as he wandered out the door of our practice space.

"Well my Dad got a partner at his law firm to have a look at the contract and it's solid, no dodgy bits or anything, but you guys have a look and see what you think," Yuri said passing the contract over to Minhyuk. Tiffany and I leaned over and read through it with Minhyuk. It all seemed pretty damn good to me.

We talked about it for a while and then each took a turn signing the paper in front of us, our grins getting bigger as each person signed their name. "Wow I guess this is real now!" Jonghyun gushed as he held up the now signed contract.

"Yep J man, now when people ask us if we have management we can answer in the affirmative," I replied in a teasing voice, making everyone laugh.

Jae Hyun chose that moment to wander back in, "So what do you guys think, we got a deal?" We all nodded excitedly and Jonghyun handed over the now signed contract. Jae Hyun read over it quickly, making sure it was all signed and all and then gave us a huge grin, "Ok guys well I just put in a call to a contact of mine at a little recording studio in downtown Seoul and if you guys are interested we could get you in there next week to record a demo so I can get it out to some labels, how's that sound?"

"Wow, that sounds incredible, thanks Jae Hyun-ssi," Tiffany said with a huge smile, we all were quick to echo her sentiment. This was a dream come true, I had wanted to get somewhere with my music and now it was all looking possible. It was then that it hit me, all of this possibility came about when Tiffany joined the band, she was the missing piece that was now making my dreams come true.

"Great well it's all set up, and if you guys are interested the owner of this club called Entropy is eager to have you guys play a gig there, it's a slightly bigger venue than you've played before and it has been known to get some big names in there, both celebs and industry people. They want you to play next Saturday, I know you have your gig at Seoul Pub on Friday so I though Saturday would work," Jae Hyun said with an excited grin. You could tell he really cared about us and getting our music out there.

We all looked around at each other and nodded, "Yeah that sounds great," Yuri answered for us.

"Perfect, it's on then. Ok guys now what we have to do is decide what songs you want to put on the demo. Usually there are between three and six songs so I was thinking we'd aim for five?" We all nodded so Jae Hyun continued, "Ok so there is only two songs I really want you guys to use, Breakeven and The Resolution, but you guys have to be happy with this so it's your call."

We all thought about it for a moment, we had so many songs now! Our catalogue had practically doubled since Tiffany joined the band. "Ok well I'd like to suggest Come Down To Me and that new song Tiff and Soo wrote, Perfect Way To Meet, as well," Jonghyun said with a thoughtful expression on his face. I smiled gratefully.

"Ok so that's four we're all happy with, how about we see which songs get the best response at this weekends gigs at Seoul Pub and Entropy and go from there?" Yuri suggested, tucking her now short auburn hair behind her ear.

"Yeah I think that's a good idea," Tiffany said and she leaned into me. I could see that under her excitement Tiffany was pretty worn out, she was such an inspiration for coping as well as she was.

"Ok so are we agreed then?" Jae Hyun asked, we all nodded our assent and then got down to the serious business of celebrating with an impromptu jam session, we even gave Jae Hyun a tambourine so he could join in. The best part of the whole night for me was watching Tiffany's eyes light up when the music started playing.

We jammed for hours playing good old 70s rock and a few tragic 80s tunes, until we were all totally exhausted. After a round of hugs we all left Jonghyun where he had fallen asleep on his sofa and headed out to our cars. Tiffany and I stood waving as Yuri and Minhyuk pulled off in their respective cars and then she turned to me with a heartwarming, tender smile, which I knew she only ever bestowed on me.

"Well it was certainly a great night, totally took my mind off, well everything," Tiffany murmured with her smile still in place.

"I'm glad Hazel, are you ok now?" I asked, giving her a tender smile of her own.

"Yeah I am. We were just talking about the past a lot today in counseling, you know talking about all the stuff with Eunjung and it still hurts. I don't know if it will ever stop hurting Soo," Tiffany admitted quietly.

I stepped closer to her and placed my hands on her shoulders as I looked into her eyes, "Tiffany you have been through more in the last few years than most people ever go through in a lifetime. I think you are stronger than you give yourself credit for, eventually it will hurt less, each day it will hurt a little less until one day it won't hurt at all. I'm not saying that you will forget what happened, but soon the good days will outnumber the bad. You just have to keep letting time and the music heals you."

Tiffany's beautiful hazel eyes filled with tears as she smiled adoringly at me, "How do you always know the right thing to say Soo?"

I gave a little chuckle, "Oh honey I don't, I just say what I feel and hope it makes a bit of difference, hope that I make a bit of difference."

"Sooyoung, never underestimate the impact you have had on me. I think it's fair to say that if you weren't in my life I wouldn't be here now," I shook my head and went to protest only to have her place a finger on my lips to silence me, "No my turn to talk. Sooyoung you saved my life. That morning with Siwon, I wouldn't have survived had he actually… me. I couldn't have survived that a second time. Before you burst in I was praying that Siwon would kill me when he was done so that I wouldn't have to live with the aftermath of it again." Tiffany stopped as became tight with unshed tears.

I felt tears of my own start to fall. Tiffany tenderly wiped the droplets from my cheeks with her thumbs. "And then in the weeks that have followed what happened, you saved me again by not giving up on me, by not letting me disappear into the darkness like I was so tempted to. I know you know this, but I haven't said it in a while, Sooyoung I love you," Tiffany murmured quietly.

My tears started falling hard and fast as I choked out, "I love you too. I know you aren't quite ready for us yet and that is understandable given what's happened, but I want you to know I'm here, always."

"There can't be an us until I feel I can give you all of me. I want to Soo, so badly but I'm not quite there yet, I know I will be if you just give me some time," Tiffany smiled through her own tears and pulled me into her arms. I held her for the longest time, soaking in the feel of her pressed against me. Tiffany pulled back slightly and started laughing.

I looked at her confused and she shook her head and said, "I was just thinking that a whole lot of the monumental moments in our…uh…relationship? Have happened outside Jonghyun's house."

I had to laugh at that, plus I was on a bit of a high since she told me she loved me, "Yeah you're right about that Hazel, now how about we get you home."

"Yeah I have to admit that I'm pretty exhausted. I'll talk to you tomorrow?" Tiffany asked with a soft smile.

"Absolutely. Good night Hazel."

"Night Soo." We each got in our cars and headed to our respective homes. We were making progress, not just the band, but Tiffany and I as well. Baby steps, but at least they were baby steps in the right direction.

-------------

 

loveeee yaaa~