Interrogation

Fear Itself

Hey ya! How's your monday guys? Mine is AWESOME xDDD. (fyeah its freaking rare!) anyway, this is chapter 21 for ya! Enjoy~

 

Detective Kim' POV

I sighed in frustration as I walked out of the interview room, rubbing a hand over my eyes that were burning from fatigue. It had taken almost twelve hours for us to actually track down Choi Siwon (my money was on someone tipping him off) and now after five hours in an interview room with the man I still had jack squat to work with.

I had an instinct about these kind of things, twenty-five years in the service will do that to you, and I knew that Tiffany Hwang was telling the truth and that this piece of scum sitting behind the glass in the interview room was as guilty as sin. It was now up to me to find a way to prove it and get him locked up.

I had been hearing about Tiffany Hwang since she and my niece BoA were in kindergarten together, even met the girl a few times at graduations, BoA and Yunho's wedding and the odd birthday party or holiday. I respected the Hwang's, well except for that Moon Ye Seul who I thought was a narrow minded bigot, and I genuinely liked the girl. Maybe that's why I was so determined to get this Siwon guy convicted and throw him in prison for what he had done.

As soon as I had gotten Tiffany's statement the night before I had looked up the file on her previous . It was sickening to read what that Eunjung woman had done to her, not to mention the fact that she'd filmed it and then tried to release it to the entire student body of the Seoul College of the Arts where she and Tiffany were both students. That kind of act was unforgivable and people who do that sort of thing to other human beings deserve to be locked away for the rest of their lives.

It was all pretty awful to think about. From what I could tell Tiffany Hwang was a friendly, kind girl who would never intentionally hurt anyone. She seemed polite, family orientated and practically a musical genius. She was a bright young woman who did not deserve the that had been thrown at her, not that any person ever deserved what she has had to endure.

I heard the door open behind me and turned around as my boss came in, "So Kim, has he said anything useful or at least anything remotely truthful yet?"

"Nope sorry boss. This guy is smart and crafty. His story is plausible and if I didn't know in my gut he was lying then I'd believe him. My bet is he is a damn good lawyer because he isn't giving away a damn thing," I said with frustration evident in my voice.

"Well what is he saying?" Lieutenant Park Mi Sun asked as she brushed her steel grey hair back from her face and straightened the wire-rimmed glasses that were perched on her nose. She came across as a tough hard nut, but she was a damn good cop who genuinely cared about the victims she worked with.

"Not a lot Boss he just keeps saying that he was in a relationship with Miss Hwang that she ended about two weeks ago when she left him for another woman. He claims he went round to pick some stuff up from her place but it wasn't there and then she seduced him and panicked when her girlfriend showed up and that's when she accused him of attacking her. He won't say anything else," I answered her with a hint of disbelief in my voice. I wasn't buying a word of this Siwon's bull.

"Hmm well if that's the story he's sticking to let's try and get the evidence to prove him wrong. I wish Miss Hwang had called us right away, then maybe we'd have some physical evidence to work with, but given what that poor girl has been through I really can't say I blame her. Have you heard from that witness yet?" Lieutenant Park asked as she watched Siwon through the window as he sat calmly at the table and looked at the door with a bored expression on his face.

"Nope not yet Ma'am should hear from her tomorrow and then I'll get her in so we can get her statement. I called Miss Hwang's brother Kris this afternoon, he owns the building she lives in and there are cameras on the outside of the building so he's getting those tapes for us and I have him coming in tomorrow too. I also called her father and he's coming in tomorrow morning first thing to give us a statement. I thought it'd be good to get some info about Tiffany and Siwon's relationship," I explained.

She nodded and said, "Ok then, good. Now get back in there and see what else you can get from Mr. Choi. If he won't give you anything else let him go, have him watched and we'll keep digging."

"Yes Ma'am," I said as I picked up a fresh cup of coffee and my notes before I walked back into the interview room. I was determined that this guy was not getting away with what he had done. I would get this guy convicted if it was the last thing I did.

Siwon's POV

I got a tip off this morning from an old friend of my Dad's that the cops were looking for me in connection with an attempted so I high tailed it and hid in a cabin belonging to a colleague from work. I thought I'd be fine there, that the cops would never find me. Sadly I was wrong, I underestimated this detective, a mistake I would not be making again. They turned up pretty late in the afternoon and dragged me into the station to question me about the incident with Tiffany.

I have to say I'm surprise the actually had the balls to go and report what happened, I bet someone had to talk her into it. Not that it matters whether she did or didn't. I will not be charged, besides her little girlfriend witnessing it, there is no evidence and really who is going to take the word of that conniving little dyke over the word of me, a well respected Lawyer from a good family. The answer is no one. Tiffany will live to regret ing with me.

I can't believe I actually felt bad about releasing that damn video of her. She deserves that and worse. She had destroyed my life with her ersion and now seemed intent on finishing the job by trying to get me locked up, when I hadn't really done anything wrong. If she thinks I'm done with her then she has another thing coming.

My attention was torn from my thoughts when that cop came back in. He sat his coffee cup down on the table and sat heavily on a chair across from me, nice of him to offer me a cup. He shuffled through his notes for a moment and then looked up at me with a glare. "So Siwon you ready to tell me the truth about what happened that morning at Tiffany's apartment?"

"I already told you detective. I went around to Tiffany's apartment to pick up some clothes and stuff I'd left there while we were still dating. Tiffany let me in and then told me she had thrown all the stuff out. She went down to her room and I followed her, thinking maybe I'd find some of my things. When I walked in she dropped the towel she had wrapped around her and told me she missed me and was sorry she'd broken up with me. We were getting into it when her new girlfriend showed up. Tiffany freaked and started screaming that I was trying to attack her, I think she was just worried what her new little playmate would think if she knew Tiffany still wanted me. Next thing I knew that crazy girl Sooyoung was hitting me with a broom and yelling at me. I left after that, didn't want to be abuse any more. She's damn lucky I didn't press charges for assault," I said with a smug grin on my face.

"That's not what Tiffany says. According to her report you tried to force on her after she repeatedly told you to stop and asked you to leave. She has a witness to collaborate her story, do you?" Detective Kim said with a cold look on his face.

For some reason that cop was looking familiar to me, maybe I'd seen him in court or something. "No I don't. Look detective, Tiffany can say what she wants but it doesn't change the fact that there is no evidence to back up her story. Sooyoung only saw what Tiffany wanted her to see and if she's you're only evidence then this case won't even make it to court. Now unless you're going to charge me, can I please go? I have been very cooperative and now I'd just like to go home," I sneered.

"Fine you can go, after we get some finger prints and do some paper work," The detective snapped, clearly running out of patience.

"Finger prints will be useless Detective Kim, I dated her for about four months and was frequently in her apartment so there will be finger prints of mine all over her place," I said in a pretty condescending tone, this cop was really irritating me.

"Well I like to be thorough Siwon, so if you'll indulge me and then we can let you go," the detective said with barely concealed anger. I liked that I was getting to him.

"Of course detective, you do have a job to do after all," I said with a smirk. We sat in silence for a moment and then this uniformed cop came and took me away to do the paper work , you know getting me to sign the statement and all that. Then I had to give them some finger prints and get the talk about not leaving the state…cops are so predictable.

As soon as they let me go I strode out of there, eager to go home and wash the stench of the police station off me. I had just walked out the front door of the police station when I heard a voice snarl angrily, "So yet more disappointment and shame for the family huh Siwon. You really ballsed up this time boy!"

I spun around to see my father glaring at my with his hands clenched into tight fists. I had seen him angry before, but never like this. He was absolutely livid. I swallowed nervously and said, "It's all a mistake father, it will get cleared up I promise."

My father scoffed and took a step closer to me so that he could grab my arm in a vice like grip. He dragged me with him until we were around the side of the police station, out of sight of any unwanted attention. My father really did hate scandal.

"Siwon do you think I'm stupid?! The police called me looking for you and told me what they're questioning you about. I didn't want to believe it boy, but you are just about deranged enough to try and force yourself on a girl now aren't you?" My father snapped. I looked at him confused. He was the one who told me I wasn't a man for turning Tiffany gay and all I did was show her how much of a man I was, I was trying to show her that she wasn't gay that she was just brainwashed.

"Father…" I began only to be silenced by him punching me hard on the jaw, which was still pretty tender from the beating that Sooyoung gave me. I staggered under the blow and looked back at him completely shocked. He had never struck me before, it scared me that I had pushed him to this level of anger.

"I don't care what kind of sick ersions that Hwang girl is involved in that does not justify attacking her. Not only can you turn a woman gay but you are such a pathetic excuse for a human being that you can only get a woman by force. You make me sick Siwon. If you thought I would throw my money and influence into this fight to get you off then you were sorely mistaken Siwon. From this moment on you are no longer my son. Do you understand me boy?! You are on your own. You have brought enough shame and disgrace to our family and I won't let you drag us down with you," My father snarled before turning on his heel and storming off.

I leant back against the wall, numb. I had no ing clue what to do next, all I did know was that all of this was Tiffany Hwang's fault. She was going to pay for this, mark my words, she would pay.

------------

Tiffany's POV

I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders after my talk with Sooyoung. It felt so good to actually be open and honest with her, to let her in. I kind of felt like an idiot for pushing her away, given how good I felt letting her in. I remember reading something once on a card. It read, 'If you don't let people in, you aren't giving them a chance to love you enough.' That statement didn't hold much meaning for me until all this.

We didn't talk too much after our conversation, we just held hands and went back inside to our loved ones. That's all I needed in that moment, just to feel her with me and to know that she was there. It was going to take a while, lots of baby steps forward and probably far too many steps back, but I would be ok. I had a feeling that eventually I would okay.

After the celebration had died down and we had said goodbye to our loved ones and band members I was walking out to my car with Sooyoung when my cell rang. I put my violin case on the ground and flicked open my phone, "Hello?" I answered.

"Hello, Tiffany this is Detective Kim," The detective said in his deep, kind voice.

"Hi detective, how are you?" I asked as Sooyoung turned to me with a questioning look on her beautiful face.

"Not so great Tiffany, look I won't beat around the bush here, we questioned Siwon today and he is denying that it was attempted . Look we figured we wouldn't get a confession out of him anyway so this doesn't really change anything. We'll be investigating this as thoroughly as we can, we'll find the proof and get this guy put away. I guess that leads me to why I'm calling you, I was wondering if you'd spoken to Miss Choi yet? It's really important we speak to her." The detective explained.

I froze on the spot and Sooyoung looked at me with concern. I reached out a hand and grasped hers tightly, needing her with me in that moment. "Ok detective, um I did talk to Sooyoung, in fact I have her here with me now if you want to talk to her," I murmured. Sooyoung looked at me questioningly.

"Yeah Tiffany if that's ok can you put her on the phone please," the detective asked me. I held the phone out to Sooyoung who put down my bass case and took the offered phone.

"It's Detective Kim, the one who is doing the investigation into what happened. He wants to talk to you," I said softly.

Sooyoung gave me a gentle smile and raised the phone to her ear. "Hello detective." She nodded a lot as she listened to what Detective Kim was saying, keeping her hand in mine and her eyes locked on my face.

"Sure Detective, I can come by first thing in the morning if you like….yeah 9am is fine with me….yes Tiffany gave me your card….ok great I'll be there in the morning….Thank you Detective." I listened to Sooyoung's side of the conversation, giving her hand a gentle squeeze as she said her goodbyes and hung up.

"I'm going into the police station tomorrow morning to give my statement. The Detective sounds like a good guy," Sooyoung said handing me back my phone.

"Yeah he is. Thanks for doing this, you know going to the police," I murmured, dropping her hand as we reached my car.

"Hey nothing to thank me for Tiff, I want to see Siwon get his. He deserves to rot for what he has done, actually he deserves more than that. I want to know that you're safe and I can't know that until he is locked up and can't hurt you anymore," Sooyoung said softly as we put my bass and violin into my trunk.

Once both instruments were safely stowed away we stood awkwardly at my driver's side door. We were in a strange kind of limbo really, more than friends but not quite lovers. It was surreal. I cleared my throat and began to talk, just to break the silence that had descended on us, "Um I think my Dad and Kris are going to the police station tomorrow too. And I think they're going to contact Moon Ye Seul too, I wonder what she's going to think of all this. So you're going in the morning right? I hope they don't keep you long, you know so you can…"

I was silenced by a soft finger pressing against my lips, "Hazel, you're rambling," Sooyoung murmured with a warm smile. "Tiffany I know all this is pretty strange right now and that everything must be pretty overwhelming for you, I just want you to know you can talk to me about it any time you need to, ok?" Sooyoung asked, still smiling warmly at me.

"Thanks Soo, that means a lot. You know it's been a pretty full on twenty-hours and all I want right now is my bed and about twelve hours of sleep," I said, stifling a yawn.

"Ok Tiff, go home and get some sleep. Is it ok if I stop by after I've been to the police station tomorrow? I mean if you don't have plans or anything that is," Sooyoung asked shyly. I kind of liked her shy.

"Yeah that'd be good. I have no plans tomorrow aside from a huge pile of laundry that is in desperate need of washing and an apartment that needs some serious cleaning," I said rolling my eyes and earning a small chuckle from Sooyoung.

"Ok great. I'll give you a call as I'm leaving the police station. Um I guess this is good night then," Sooyoung bit her lower lips and looked into my eyes.

I swallowed and gave her a tiny smile, "Yeah it is. Uh thanks again for, well everything. I really don't deserve you."

"One day you are going to have to stop believing that Tiffany. You deserve only good things and I think that this thing between us, whatever it may be, is a damn good thing," Sooyoung murmured. I looked down at the ground before stepping back towards my car.

"I don't know about that, but whether I deserve you or not I am glad you're here," I leaned in and gave her a brief hug before pulling back, smiling shyly and getting into the car. "Good night Soo," I murmured.

"Night Hazel," She whispered.

I started my car and pulled away from the curb, watching her as her eyes followed my car down the road. I kept my eyes on her until I turned the corner and could no longer see her in my rear view mirror.

Wow it had been a rather intense week and a bit. So much had happened, so much had changed. I was still reeling from it all, truth be told, and would be for a while yet. All I knew was that I couldn't hide myself away any more, it wasn't helping and certainly didn't make me any happier.

I knew the coming months were going to be hard, I knew that my resolve to fight would be tested and that I would often have to resist the urge to withdraw into myself. I was going to be tested and tried in ways that I hadn't been before after what happened with Eunjung. This time I was not going to be hidden from it all by the protection of Moon Ye Seul's contacts. The difference was that this time I had a group of people who loved and supported me, who would stand with me and not let me disappear when things got too hard.

This time I wasn't alone.

----------------

So what do ya think? Your comments make me a happy writer (which then makes me post faster, yeah that's right I'll resort to emotional blackmail to get your comments lol xD)

bye for now!

stay golden!

love yaaa~~ ;D