You've Got A Friend

Fear Itself

Hellooooo guysss! Miss me? Coz I miss you guys so bad~~ x"D I'm so sorry, it took me a year to finally post this super late update, lol yea the last time I posted an update was on 2012, and it's 2013 now, so yeah.. but anyway! HAPPY NEW YEAR GUISEEE! Thanks for making my last months of the year amazing. I love you guys, I hope you don't get bored with this story, coz there's still more more more to come. ho ho. Well, enough for the crap, ahaa, here you go 25th chapter! Enjoy~~ xD

 

Jonghyun's POV

 

I had been thinking about Tiffany a lot, I've been really worried about my favorite redhead. I had no damn idea how she was staying sane through all this. A weaker person would have crumbled under the burden of all the she was carrying.

We had been rehearsing almost everyday for the past few weeks, partially because we had quite a few gigs coming up but also because I knew that music to Tiffany was like aloe vera to someone with a nasty sunburn. I knew that she was able to escape all the pain while the music was playing and if I could help take it away for her, even just for a moment, then by God I would.

At each band practice I had looked for opportunities to get Tiffany alone so I could check in and see how she was travelling. Problem was Sooyoung was practically a guard dog, seriously put a spiked collar on the girl and she was a pit bull. I know she was just being protective of Tiffany but I had known the girl a hell of a lot longer and I needed to know she was ok. Tiffany was my family, the sister I never had…beside the fact I actually do have a sister, two of them, but they are both evil shrews who I'm sure were adopted from a box full of baby howler monkeys.

I figured the only way to catch Tiffany without her pit bull was to show up unannounced at her place, yeah I'm so stealth I should join the CIA. I arrived at Tiffany's about an hour after she would have gotten home from work and bounded up the stairs. I could hear her playing her guitar, sounded like she was working on a song given how she kept stopping and then playing different variations of the same tune.

I banged on the door and waited for her to answer it, smiling at the new peep hole in the wood. It was good to know there was some security here to protect her from ever going through the traumas of her past again.

I saw a shadow cross the peep hole and grinned as she threw open the door, "Hey Jonghyun what brings you to my door?" Tiffany asked with a sweet smile and a patented Tiffany Hwang head tilt.

"Well my redhead goddess I wanted to see you so I could bathe in your extreme awesomeness!" I teased. Tiffany laughed and grabbed my hand to pull me into the apartment. I gave her a big smile before tentatively wrapping her up in a hug, giving her the chance to pull away should she need to. Instead Tiffany snuggled into me and rested her head on my chest with a contented sigh.

"I've missed you Jonghyun-ah, we haven't hung out just us in a long time," She murmured.

"I know baby cakes, hence why I'm here. Now tell me if I'm wrong but when I arrived I could have sworn you were writing a song?" I asked teasingly.

Tiffany giggled, "No you're not wrong, actually my ADD brain is struggling with two songs at the moment. You wanna hear what I've got so far?"

"Oh absolutely Princess, lead the way!" I said with a beaming smile. Tiffany grabbed my hand and dragged me through her apartment and into her music room. She plunked herself down on the piano stool and pulled her Gibson onto her lap so she could play me what she had written so far.

"This is a little rough so bear with me yeah? Oh and any input would be so appreciated!" Tiffany said with a shy smile. I nodded and perched on her armchair ready to listen to what I'm sure would be brilliant.

Tiffany grinned at me and rolled her eyes before she started strumming the guitar. I beamed, a handful of notes in and this was shaping up to be a great song. Tiffany played through what sounded like a verse and bridge before hitting what had to be the chorus which was when she got to her feet and belted out the lyrics she had written.

"I wanna I wanna I wanna touch you

You wanna touch me too

Everyday but all I have is time

Our loves the perfect crime

 

I wanna I wanna I wanna touch you

You wanna touch me too

Every way and when they set me free

Just put your hands on me."

 

As soon as Tiffany stopped playing I burst out into thunderous applause, jumping to my feet and wolf whistling loudly, making her giggle and blush self-consciously. "Tiffany I love that chorus and man that riff is amazing, you got any other lyrics?" I asked with a huge smile.

Tiffany nodded, still blushing quite a lot, "yeah I do, but they aren't any good."

I laughed in disbelief, even the test song written by Tiffany Hwang was 100 times better than the swill most singers were putting out there. "Well gorgeous how about you let me have a look and we'll se what we can come up with?" I asked with a grin.

Tiffany nodded, "Sure that would be great Jonghyun-ah. How about I order us some Chinese and we have a few beers while we work on this song, it'll be like our days back at SACA when we would jam away in your dorm room," Tiffany suggested with a warm smile and a nostalgic glint in her beautiful hazel eyes.

"Oh hell yeah Princess, let's do it!" I said enthusiastically, making her laugh and shake her head as she pulled out her cell phone and dialed the local Chinese place. Once our food was ordered she got a couple of beers from her fridge and we settled down in the music room.

Tiffany held out her sheet music to me and just as I went to take them she pulled the papers back towards her chest, "Just be honest with me Jonghyun-ah, if its or you hate it just say so alright?" She said. I rolled my eyes and nodded, putting my hand over my heart. Tiffany giggled and handed over the sheet music.

I settled down in the armchair with my beer and read over her scribbled words. The lyrics were good, a tad disjointed but damn good. I had a feeling between the two of us we could come up with something brilliant. I looked thoughtfully down at the words and then glanced up to find her nervously biting her lip awaiting my reaction.

I chuckled, "Tiff, relax girl, this is a great start, but I have a few ideas if that's cool?"

Tiffany nodded with an earnest expression on her face, "Please, share Jonghyun-ah."

I picked up her discarded pencil and began to jot down some ideas. Tiffany leaned over and read as I went, nodding, adding in her own input and letting out little giggles and gasps of excitement. It made me so happy to see her being herself again, instead of the sad withdrawn girls she had been of late. I hoped that she was healing.

While I was jotting down ideas the door bell rang and Tiffany jogged off to get our food, both of us feeling pretty damn hungry, creativity will do that to you. Tiffany was back pretty quickly with a carton of enough food to feed a small army, utensils and more beers. We sat cross legged on the floor with the food in between us and the sheet music next to it so we could both see it and work on it as we ate.

Over dinner we laughed and joked and worked on the song. By the time we'd finished eating, both so full we felt like bursting, we had come up with a decent draft of the lyrics we were both really happy with. To be honest the song was pretty much done before I put in my two cents, all I was there for was to help her fine tune it. We worked well together, Tiffany and I, we had a similar style and sometimes it was scarily like we could read each other's minds. That's how I figured out that the inspiration for the song was totally one Miss Choi Sooyoung.

After we'd eaten (and washed our hands, Tiffany wouldn't let anyone touch her instruments with dirty hands that would be sacrilegious in her book) Tiffany passed me her Gibson and scooped up her Fender bass, "Ok Jonghyun-ah let's play this song and try out the lyrics. I think you should sing and I'll come in for the chorus, it'll work better."

"Ok gorgeous, let's rock!" I said making the rock and roll sign with my hand and banging my head up and down causing her to giggle, which was my aim for our time together. I slid the strap of her guitar over my shoulder and played a few cords to warm up while Tiffany idly strummed her bass waiting for me. "Ok let's do," I said with a grin before counting us in.

We both started playing, I flashed Tiffany a grin and a wink before belting out the lyrics we'd come up with.

"I never thought that

I was so blind

I can finally see the truth

It's me for you

 

Tonight you can't imagine that

I'm by your side

Coz it's never gonna be the truth

Too far for you

 

But can you hear me say?

Don't throw me away

And there's no way out

I gotta hold you somehow"

Tiffany threw me an excited smile before joining in to sing the chorus with me. Our voices worked so well together, her low husky sound complimenting my more rock edge perfectly.

"I wanna I wanna I wanna touch you

You wanna touch me too

Everyday but all I have is time

Our loves the perfect crime

 

I wanna I wanna I wanna touch you

You wanna touch me too

Every way and when they set me free

Just put your hands on me"

Tiffany winked at me as I went into the second verse. We both had this feeling we'd come up with something really special.

"Take everything that

I know you'll break

And I give my life away

So far for you

 

But can you hear me say

Don't throw me away

There's no way out

I gotta hold you somehow

 

I wanna I wanna I wanna touch you

You wanna touch me too

Everyday but all I have is time

Our loves the perfect crime

 

I wanna I wanna I wanna touch you

You wanna touch me too

Every way and when they set me free

Just put your hands on me

 

Tonight I'm weak

It's just another day without you

That I can't sleep

I gave away the world for you to

 

Hear me say

Don't throw me away

There's no way out

I gotta hold you somehow

 

All I wanna do is touch you

I wanna I wanna I wanna touch you

You wanna touch me too

Everyday but all I have is time

Our loves the perfect crime

 

I wanna I wanna I wanna touch you

You wanna touch me too

Every way and when they set me free

Just put your hands on me

 

I wanna I wanna I wanna touch you

You wanna touch me too

But all I have is time

Our loves the perfect crime

 

I wanna I wanna I wanna touch you

You wanna touch me too

And when they set me free

Just put your hands on me"

We both put all out energy into the last chorus, belting out the lyrics harder than ever before. As we finished playing we were grinning goofily at each other when the sound of applause hit our ears from the doorway and made both of us jump.

We spun around like we'd been electrocuted to find Sooyoung leaning against the doorway with a huge beaming smile of amusement on her face.

Tiffany blushed a spectacular shade of red as she held a hand to her heart, " Soo you scared the crap out of me!" I nodded my agreement and clutched at my own racing heart.

"Yeah you guys were so into the music you didn't hear me banging on the door for like fifteen minutes so I went down stairs and got the keys from Kris and let myself in, I was curious to hear what you were working on and damn it is ing brilliant! I say get the rest of the band in on it, add some drums and all that and it should be on our demo," Sooyoung said enthusiastically moving to stand next to Tiffany so she could give her hand a squeeze.

"Really you think so?" Tiffany asked shyly. I held back a laugh, I loved the interplay between my two favorite lesbians. I just couldn't wait for the day Tiffany was ready for them to get together again, because they were going to be supernova hot as a couple.

"Yeah Hazel I think so, you and Jonghyun have a great sound together, it just worked so well, plus I absolutely loved the lyrics," Sooyoung grinned at me and I slung an arm round her shoulder. Tiffany looked straight into Sooyoung's eyes and beamed, it was obvious how much the brunette's opinion mattered to her.

"Well how bout we work on it tomorrow at band practice and if it works we'll play it at Seoul Pub and Entropy this weekend and see what kind of response it gets?" I suggested, earning eager nods from both women.

The three of us hung out a bit longer and then Tiffany started yawning so we both headed off. I could tell Sooyoung wanted to wait until I'd left so she could have a moment by herself with Tiffany, but then her cell rang and she had to high tail it to her sister's leaving me alone with my redhead best friend.

As we were walking down to my car Tiffany wrapped an arm around my waist. I beamed and slung my arm around her shoulder holding her tight against me. "Tiff, I just wanted to ask…are you ok? I mean are you doing ok with everything?" I asked tentatively.

Tiffany smiled tiredly up at me and nodded, "Yeah Jonghyun-ah, I'm doing ok. Some days are harder than others but I'm getting there. I'm seeing a counselor and that's really helping and I'm trying to stop shutting people out so much, I'm trying to let them in so that I don't have to go through all this alone."

"Tiff, you are not alone. I love you girl and am always here for you no matter what. So you need me, day, night, dusk, dawn, twilight, noon…um anytime you call me and I'll come running. Just remember," I grinned cheekily and started singing loudly, startling the people lining up waiting to get into Seoul Pub,

"When your down and troubled

And you need a helping hand

And nothing, whoa nothing is going right.

Close your eyes and think of me

And soon I will be there

To brighten up even your darkest nights.

You just call out my name,

And you know where ever I am

I'll come running, oh yeah baby

To see you again.

Winter, spring , summer, or fall,

All you have to do is call

And I'll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.

You've got a friend."

The people outside Seoul Pub burst into applause. Tiffany laughed as tears shone in her eyes and then pulled me into a hug, "God I love you Jonghyun-ah, even though you're a big spazz, thanks for being so amazing."

I kissed her gently on her forehead and held her close until she pulled back, "Love you too Hwang, and you my lovely are the amazing one. Now get your inside and I'll see you at rehearsal tomorrow ok?" Tiffany nodded, gave me a quick peck on the cheek and jogged back inside. I smiled to myself and climbed in my car. I had a feeling she was really going to be ok.

 

Tiffany's POV

I took a much needed mouthful of coffee and dug into my plate of pancakes. My Dad had come around to my place to make me breakfast to celebrate a successful gig at Entropy the night before. We had performed to a massive crowd, the biggest we'd ever played to and if I was honest I was still totally on a high!

The rest of the band had been as enthusiastic about the song Jonghyun and I had written the other night, which we were calling I Wanna. We had worked on it for a few hours as a whole band and then played it for the crowds at Seoul Pub and Entropy. The crowds had gone crazy for it and even demanded that we play it again as an encore at Seoul Pub.

My Dad, being the amazing father that he is, turned up first thing in the morning to look after me and in his words, "put some meat on my bones." I truly have the greatest father in the world.

We were sitting down enjoying our breakfast when my door bell sounded. Shooting my Dad a confused look, I had no freaking clue who would turn up at my place before noon on a Saturday, I jumped up to answer the door remembering to cheek the peep hole first.

I swung open the door and swallowed back a wave of nerves as I let Detective Kim into my apartment. "Good morning Detective, how are you?"

"I'm alright Tiffany thanks. I'm sorry to drop by unannounced but I was in the area on my way to the station and wanted to give you an update on the investigation," Detective Kim said with a tired smile.

I heard my Dad walking over and after he had greeted the detective I led them both to the sofas in my living room. I sat down beside my Dad and grasped his hand tightly in mine. I was feeling an intense jumble of emotions waiting for what the detective was going to say, the front runner being fear.

"I don't want to take up too much of your time so I'll get right to it. We think we are almost ready to make an arrest. We want to make sure we have a rock solid case against this guy before we slam the cuffs on him. Once I have him in custody I never want him to walk so we're making sure all the loose ends are well and truly tied up," Detective Kim explained as he rubbed a hand over his head.

I let out a sigh of relief, once they had him in custody then I'd feel safe again and maybe I could fully move on. My Dad gave my hand a gentle squeeze and smiled at the detective, "So, Seung Woo, what does that mean? Do you know when the arrest will be made?"

"We're hoping in the next week or so Sung Ki, we've been working closely with the prosecutor and we think the case is fairly solid, despite the fact that Siwon didn't confess. We have enough evidence and witness testimony to discredit him. I promise you we are doing our damnedest to get this guy locked up," Detective Kim smiled kindly at us both.

"So what is being done to keep Tiffany safe until this guy is off the streets?" My Dad asked with a slight frown.

"Well Sung Ki, we have a restraining order in place so should Siwon come within 100 feet of Tiffany we'll throw him in jail so fast his head will spin. Also we have Siwon under surveillance so should he attempt to contact Tiffany or to see her will pick him up for breaching the court order. I promise you Sung Ki, we're doing everything in our power to get this over with and keep Tiffany safe," Detective Kim replied with a look of understanding for my father. I bet in his line of work protective fathers were people he dealt with a lot.

"Thanks detective, God I just know I won't feel totally safe until I know Siwon is locked up," I murmured softly.

"I know Tiffany and I will call you the moment we get his arrest warrant, I promise you that. Well I'd better go get back to work if we want to get the scum locked up. Call me anytime if you have questions or need anything," Detective Kim got to his feet and shook hands with my Dad, who thanked hi profusely, and me before letting himself out.

I turned around to face my Dad and collapsed into his arms as tears trickled down my face. I think they were tears of relief, but they could also have been because of how emotionally exhausted I was after the strain of the last few weeks. I still continue to be amazed that I still have tears to cry after the ocean I had unleashed of late.

"Well Sweetie, that's good news isn't it?" My Dad asked as he held my close.

"Yeah I guess, but I don't want to get my hopes up. This isn't over until he is convicted and sent to jail," I muttered. My Dad sighed and held me tighter. We stood like that for a while, me drawing comfort from his protective embrace.

I just wanted all this drama with Siwon to be over so I could move on with my life.

 

Detective Kim' POV

After I left Tiffany's apartment I headed back to the station. I don't know what it was about this case, maybe it was because I kind of knew the girl or because she had endured so much, but I was desperate to see this Siwon character pay for what he had done. There was no doubt in my mind that he was 100 per cent guilty and that he was a predator who would more than likely hurt someone again.

I wandered through the nearly empty office, being a Saturday there were not that many detectives around, and headed into the room I had taken over while conducting this investigation. The wall was covered in photos, notes, maps and other pieces of evidence while the large table was completely drowned in files, video tapes and bags containing anything and everything that would help get this monster behind bars.

I was certain we could get him for releasing that video of Tiffany being . We had him for bribery (he had to bribe the clerk in the evidence archives to get the video), illegally obtaining official evidence, slander, a range of ographic charges and even harassment. I was finding every little charge I could to throw at this guy, he was going to rot for all he had done.

As for the evidence pertaining to the attempted , the strongest thing we had was Choi Sooyoung statement and her willingness to testify in court. We had also conducted a search of Siwon's apartment and found a garbage bag in his bin that had the clothes he had been wearing that morning. He had ballsed up when he just threw them in the bin. Forensic tests found traces of Tiffany all over them, including her blood from a cut he'd accidentally given her.

The security cameras around the building had caught much more than we'd ever expected them too. The outside cameras backed up Sooyoung and Tiffany's versions and timing, plus showed Siwon looking dishevelled as he left. If you enhanced the sound you could also make out him muttering to him self about "showing that dyke a lesson she'll never forget" and "him giving her what she really wanted" as he walked in. we'd also been able to make out him talking to himself as he left the building too. He had been muttering about Sooyoung being an "interfering dyke" and how revolting it was that Tiffany would choose her over him. He went on to say that had Sooyoung not "butted in he would have corrected Tiffany in a way only a real man could." These tapes were pretty damaging for Siwon.

The best part though was that the camera in the hallway outside of Tiffany's front door caught the beginning of the fight between Tiffany and Siwon. The video clearly showed her opening the door and then trying to slam it on him to keep him out of the apartment. Tiffany's voice was clearly heard saying, "Siwon what the hell are you doing here?" Once he was inside the door had been left ajar so their conversation was recorded and could be heard once the tape had been enhanced.

Siwon was heard snapping, "What am I doing here? Well Tiffany thanks to you I got a really ing pleasant visit from my father last night. Seems you and he had a little run in while you were on your little date with that dyke"

"Siwon don't do this ok, you're drunk and I have nothing to say to you. You really need to leave," Tiffany was heard replying. The rest of the tape lacked any visual confirmation, but the audio was pretty conclusive. Once we had gotten our tech guys to enhance it quite a few things had been heard, particularly Tiffany screaming at Siwon to leave and Siwon very clearly yelling at her, "Oh don't worry Tiffany I won't be using my fingers. I'm going to give it to you like a man does, not the way your erted little girlfriend would do it."

I had felt physically sick when I'd listened to the enhanced tape of the assault. This coupled with the testimony of Tiffany and Sooyoung should be enough to convict that bastard, but I wanted to be sure. I couldn't stand the thought of a predator like Choi Siwon walking the streets.

I spent the morning going over all the evidence we had accumulated, praying that it would be enough. I would see this guy locked up for what he had done if it was the last thing I did.

 

---------

 

Songs used in this chapter:

James Taylor – You Got A Friend

All American Rejects – I Wanna

 

p.s I might post a double update if I get a fast comments for this chappy, but if not, then, yeah... lol ;P

p.p.s have you guys watch I Got A Boy full MV?

I was like............................................................................................................................................yea.................

Oh oh oh yeah oh, oh oh yeah oh~ xD