Feel The Music

Fear Itself

Hey there my lovely readers! This is 22nd chapter for yaaaa~~~ Enjoy! ;D

 

Sooyoung's POV

I took a deep breath and pushed open the heavy front door of the police station. I straightened my shirt nervously and wandered up to the imposing police officer at the front desk. "Um excuse me, I am here to see Detective Kim, my names Choi Sooyoung," I said.

The desk cop looked up at me with an expression of intense disinterest, "Ah yeah he's expecting you. Have a seat and he'll be right out." I didn't bother thanking him and took a seat on the hard plastic chairs in the waiting room. I was pretty eager to tell the police what I had seen, anything that would help put that piece of behind bars.

I was staring into space when a tall man with a big smile came over to me, "Miss Choi?"

I snapped my head up to look at him and got to my feet, "Yeah, Detective Kim?"

"That's me. How about we get this over with ok?" He asked kindly. I nodded at followed him into the belly of the police station where the interview rooms were. It was kinda weird, I felt like I was on one of those cop shows like Law and Order or something.

Detective Kim led me into the room and then disappeared to get us some coffees, it was 9 am on a Sunday morning so coffee was definitely required. There were very few reasons that I would get out of bed before noon on a Sunday, and helping Tiffany was definitely one of them.

I was sitting watching the clock when Detective Kim came back in. He smiled and handed over my coffee. "Sooyoung I wanted to thank you for agreeing to speak to me, if we want any shot at getting Siwon convicted then your statement is going to be vital. Ok so here's what we'll do. I'm going to record our conversation and take some notes. We'll get you yo sign off on your statement, declaring that you're telling the truth, which I'm sure you will," Detective Kim said kindly.

"Ok sure, I just want to help in any way I can," I replied.

"Thank you Sooyoung," Detective Kim flick on a tape recorder and rattled off the date and time, "Interview with Miss Choi Sooyoung. Ok Sooyoung could you please tell me your relationship with Tiffany Hwang?"

Hmm, that question has a pretty complicated answer, I thought to myself. "Well Tiffany and I are in a band together and are friends. We dated, well went on one date, but all that got put on hold after what happened with Siwon. If I'm honest I am in love with her, but we aren't a couple," I answered, trying to simplify what felt like a very complicated relationship.

"Thank you. Ok Sooyoung can you please tell me, in your own words what happened the morning of the 9th when you went around to Tiffany's apartment," Detective Kim asked.

"Sure, well we had band practice that morning, preparing for some gigs we had coming up, so I went around to Tiffany's apartment to pick her up so we could go to rehearsal together. I walked up the stairs to her apartment and found the front door standing open. It immediately made me concerned. It wasn't like Tiffany to just leave her door open," I paused and took a deep breath the next part was going to be really hard to talk about.

"I uh, I heard Tiffany scream, she sounded so scared, and then the sound became suddenly muffled. I was so petrified that something really awful was happening to her so I ran into her place, I dropped my bag and flowers I had brought for her on the sofa. I saw a broom leaning against the wall and grabbed it, just in case. I ran down the hall way to her bedroom. The door was open and I could see…I could see Choi Siwon pressing Tiffany against the wall, kissing her roughly while she struggled and tried to fight him off. She was and crying, …I uh…I."

I had to stop talking as tears filled my eyes, making it difficult to speak. The image of Tiffany looking so terrified as Siwon pressed into her would forever haunt me and it was extremely hard to talk about.

"Take your time Sooyoung, I know this cannot be easy to talk about," Detective Kim said with a smile of infinite understanding.

I sighed, "No it's not. I just keep picturing it and it makes the fear I felt that morning come rushing back. God that morning was horrifying. I screamed at Siwon to get away from her. I saw that his pants were undone and that he was trying to force her legs open. After I screamed at Siwon, Tiffany's eyes snapped open and caught mine. She just looked so damn scared, it made me want to cry. Siwon said something about how Tiffany wanted it, that she wanted what he was doing to her. He wouldn't move away from her and kept laughing so I hit him with the broom." I stopped, overwhelmed with memories.

"Ok Sooyoung, what happened next?" The Detective prompted.

I my dry lips and took a sip of my now lukewarm coffee. I cleared my throat and began to talk again, "Well once I hit him he was a bit dazed so Tiffany was able to grab her towel from the floor and run to stand behind me. She was so scared that she was trembling. Me and Siwon were yelling at each other. He said that what was happening was none of my business. I told him that anything to do with Tiffany was my business. Siwon was being so smug, like he could do anything to Tiffany and it was ok. I told him to stay away from her and then hit him again with the broom. I wanted him to stay away from Tiffany so I hit him again. He left then saying that Tiffany would eventually go back to him."

I felt tears running down my cheeks, but made no move to wipe them off. I had been holding so much inside since that morning and talking about it all just brought it all to the surface. Detective Kim handed me a box of tissues and I started to mop up my tears.

After a few moments I choked out, "After Siwon left I turned to Tiffany, she was huddled on the floor just staring in front of her. She looked so lost, so broken. I tried to comfort her only to have her pull away. There is nothing more painful than watching the person you love hurting and not being able to do anything to make it better for them. I watched her withdraw into herself right in front of my eyes. He did that to her. Choi Siwon did that to her."

Detective Kim nodded, "Thank you Sooyoung, I know that was hard for you but thank you. If its ok there are a few more questions I need to ask you about that morning, and about Tiffany and Siwon's relationship." I nodded for him to continue. "Ok first of all, about what time did you arrive at Tiffany's apartment the morning of the 9th?"

"It would have been at about 9.15 am, band rehearsal was due to start at 10 and it takes about half an hour to get there from Tiffany's place," I answered, still mopping up my tears.

Detective Kim jotted something on his note book and continued, "Thank you. Do you remember what Siwon was wearing? I know that may seem like a strange question but it's important."

"Um I think so. He had on tan pants, like chinos I think and a dark hazel button down shirt with pin stripes. He was wearing tan shoes but I can't really tell you what type," I answered, trying hard to recall the details.

"That's ok Sooyoung, now can you tell me about Tiffany's relationship with Siwon? What you observed while they were together?" The Detective asked me.

"Well the first time I met Siwon he came across as quite possessive. He was rude and Tiffany acted differently around him, like she had to modify her behavior or something. Tiffany was quieter around him, more reserved. In all honesty she seemed miserable. After a little while she told me about her past and what happened with her ex-girlfriend Eunjung. Tiffany's mother got her together with Siwon and Tiffany went along with it to make her mother happy, to keep the peace." I stopped as rage directed at Moon Ye Seul consumed me. I really hated that woman.

"Yes I know about what happened to Tiffany, I read the file. I have also met Moon Ye Seul a few times and know how she would have reacted to the news that her only daughter was gay. It is hardly surprising that Tiffany let Moon Ye Seul talk her into being in a relationship with Siwon," Detective Kim said. I had forgotten that he was Tiffany's sister in law's uncle.

"Yeah from what Tiffany said her mother didn't take it well when she came out to the family. Moon Ye Seul kicked her out, which is how Tiffany ended up living in her apartment. I don't know how Tiffany stayed with Siwon when it made her so unhappy. He treated her horribly and lorded over her that if she did anything he deemed to be wrong he would run to her mother. I remember after the night Tiffany had told me about what Eunjung had done to her, I stayed with her so she wouldn't have to be alone after dredging up those awful memories. It was perfectly innocent and then Siwon turned up in the morning and went berserk," I said, shaking my head at the memory.

"So he has a history of fighting with Tiffany then?" Detective Kim asked, leaning forward.

"Yeah he does. Siwon seems to have a nasty temper, I mean to get back at her for dumping him he released a video of her being onto the ing internet. That is the actions of a sick, disgusting man," I snarled angrily. As far as I was concerned Siwon could burn in hell for all he had done.

"Yes actually we are looking into that and it looks like we'll be able to prove he released that video, we certainly have enough witnesses to him confessing to it. Sooyoung I think that's all the questions I have for now, I might have to call you if anything else comes up. Is that ok?" Detective Kim asked with a sad, but kind smile.

"Yeah that's fine Detective," I said standing up. We shook hands and said our goodbyes. A uniformed officer led me out to the reception area where I found Mr. Hwang and Kris sitting in those God awful chairs.

They both got to their feet as the noticed me approaching. "Hello Sooyoung, how are you?" Mr. Hwang asked as he pulled me into a warm hug. Kris grinned and did the same once Mr. Hwang had released me.

"I'm ok, I just gave my statement to the Detective, which was hard but you know I want to help. I want Siwon to get what he deserves," I answered tiredly.

"Yeah I understand. You've been so good to Tiffany Sooyoung, I can never thank you enough for all you've done. I am especially grateful for how patient and compassionate you've been, not to mention the fact you were there and got Siwon off her. You saved her Sooyoung and for that I am eternally grateful," Mr. Hwang said, his voice choked up with emotion.

"Thank you Mr. Hwang, I really would do anything for her," I murmured.

"Sooyoung I told you, call me Sung Ki. You know you're good for her Sooyoung, she comes alive around you. I know things have been hard between the two of after what happened, but give her time and she'll be ok. That girl of mine is a fighter," Mr. Hwang, oh I mean Sung Ki, said.

"Yeah as much as I hate the thought of my baby sister dating anyone, if she has to I'm glad its you," Kris said with a smile.

"Thank you, both of you. That means a lot. So I take it you're both here to speak to Detective Kim?" I asked, feeling all warm inside after their kind words.

"Yeah we are. I just want this investigation over with as soon as possible so Tiffany can really move on," Sung Ki said sadly. I nodded, I just wanted this all to be over too.

We talked for a bit longer until Detective Kim called Kris and Sung Ki in. we said our goodbyes and I walked out to my car, dialing a particular hazel eyed redhead on the way. "Hey there Soo," Tiffany murmured as she answered the phone.

"Hey Hazel, how you doing?" I asked as I climbed into my car.

"I'm ok, how are you? Still at the police station?" Tiffany asked.

"Yeah just leaving now. Is it ok if I come round to see you still?" I asked hopefully.

"Yeah for sure, come round, I'm just playing around with some music," Tiffany answered.

"Great well I'll be there in a few minutes then," I said with a beaming smile.

We said our goodbyes and I started the car. I pushed in the CD Tiffany had given me of all the songs she had written and recorded herself and let her musical genius wash over me the whole way to her place.

After parking my car I practically ran all the way up to Tiffany's front door, smiling when I saw the newly installed peep hole. I knocked and waited for her to open the door. Hearing the sound of footsteps on the wood floor I called out, "I hope you use the peep hole before you open the door."

I heard a chuckle as the door was pulled open, "Hey Sooyoung, come on in." Tiffany looked gorgeous in her short denim skirt and olive green tank top. Her long redhead hair was swept up in a messy ponytail and she was wearing a small smile.

I followed her into her kitchen where she flicked on the coffee maker before hauling herself up onto the counter, "So how'd it go with the police?" She asked tentatively.

I moved to stand beside her, leaning against the counter. "Well it was…um hard to talk about, I guess you of all people know what that's like," I said nervously.

"Yeah I do. Thank you for talking to the police," Tiffany murmured. She looked down at her hands and then glanced back up at me, "I've been so caught up in what happened to me that I never asked you how you're coping with it all. I was thinking last night how it must have been horrible to walk in on what you did and I just wanted to know how you're doing."

Again I am in awe of this woman. She has been to hell and back and she still has the capacity and compassion to care about how other people are feeling. She really is remarkable. "I'm doing ok Hazel, really. I just hate thinking about anyone hurting you," I said softly.

Tiffany shook her head with a tiny smile on her lips, "How the hell did you get so strong Soo? How the hell have you coped with everything, especially all I've put you through?"

I laughed in disbelief, "What do you mean how did I get so strong? Hazel you are the strongest person I know. You have endured so much Tiffany and I really admire you."

Tiffany blushed shyly and looked down at her hands, "Soo I wouldn't be able to be strong right now without you. You are giving me strength by believing in me and not giving up on me." She looked a little shocked by her admission, a bit embarrassed. I was just fighting back tears.

I took her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, "Thank you." Tiffany nodded, still blushing quite a bit. She gently pulled her hand back, so I let her go. She hopped down off the counter, walked to the coffee maker and pulled out two cups. She made my coffee, exactly the way I like it and beckoned for me to follow her. We walked out of the kitchen and down the hall to her music room.

Tiffany sat down at her piano and rested her coffee cup on the chest full of sheet music (God help anyone who dared to put anything on that piano, seriously Tiffany would slaughter you). I sat on the armchair and rested my cup on my knee. Tiffany's finger danced across the keys as a quirky little tune flowed around the room.

I smiled and leaned back in the chair. Tiffany smiled back at me and continued the little tune, which kind of sounded like a theme song for a children's cartoon show or something.

"I was thinking you and I could try writing a song together, you know something maybe a bit upbeat or kind of rockin', something that we could put on the demo? It could help me to kind of forget all the going on, you know, get lost in the music for a while. What do you think?" Tiffany asked as the tune she was playing changed to a beautiful melody that almost brought tears to my eyes.

"I think that sounds great Hazel and I love that melody you're playing," I said with a beaming smile.

Tiffany chuckled, "It's a work in progress. Actually it's a song I'm writing about the one and only date you and I went on. Once it's done I might even play it for you."

"I'd like that," I smiled shyly at her and we fell into a comfortable silence as we each thought about that night. For the first time since that night I was able to think about the date itself and not then immediately jump to thinking about the horrific event that happened the next morning.

Tiffany started playing a new melody on the piano, it was amazing. She smiled uncertainly at me, "So what do you think of this melody?"

"I love it, how about we add in some guitar and try for some lyrics?" I suggested excitedly.

Tiffany nodded and I scooped up her acoustic guitar. I strummed a few cords and found it perfectly in tune, not surprisingly. I started playing with a tune to work with the melody Tiffany was drawing out of the piano. We grinned at each other, we both had a feeling that we were onto a good thing.

We played music for hours, tweaking and changing elements of the melody. We jotted down the music and tried a variety of instruments to build the song. It was sounding pretty damn good to me, all we needed to do now was write some lyrics to go with it.

Tiffany held a pencil in her hand as she stared down at the sheet music for our new song. She suddenly got this gorgeous look of inspiration on her face. "What Tiff? You've got that 'I have a great idea' look on your face." I said with a chuckle.

"That Brown, is because I do! Let me just jot down a few notes…" Tiffany trailed off as she began jotting down her thoughts. I watched transfixed as her pencil flew across the page, some words getting scribbled out as her thoughts were transcribed on to paper.

After about ten minutes Tiffany stopped and bit her lip thoughtfully, "Ok what do you think about this," Tiffany grabbed her Gibson guitar and flicked on the amp. Playing the intro of the music we'd just written she began to sing.

"I am waiting for the day
When no one is concerned
So excuse me if I may
This is how we spread the word

Moments from the stage
Now we count in one, two, three
It's time to stop the hate
This is where you want to be."

I grinned at her and nodded as she rested her hands on the smooth wood of the guitar, her chin resting on her arms and smiled shyly at me. "That was great Hazel, I think we should put another verse in front of the first one you sung and then we can come up with a chorus, what do you think?" I asked, leaning forward excitedly.

"Hmm I think you're right and I just want to change," Tiffany paused as she scribbled out a word and jotted in a new one, "I'm just changing Moments to Seconds, I think it works better."

I beamed at her, such an eye for detail when it came to music. We worked on the song for over four hours, just getting everything right. It was so amazing to me to watch Tiffany as she worked on the song. She was so joyful and free. I would make music with her forever if only to see her come alive like this.

Tiffany titled her head and skimmed over the lyrics and music in front of her, "You know what I think this song sounds pretty damn good. How about we run through it?"

I grinned and took the Gibson Tiffany held out to me, "Yeah let's do it!"

Tiffany flashed me a smirk and scooped up her bass. She counted us in and we began playing the music. Tiffany flashed me a toothy grin before I started singing.

"Two hours 'til doors
With my patience running short
I-I am shaking in my seat
As I grind my ing teeth

I-I am waiting for the day
When no one is concerned
So excuse me if I may
This is how we spread the word

Seconds from the stage
Now we count in one, two, three
It's time to stop the hate
This is where you want to be"

I glanced over at Tiffany who gave me a warm smile before we sung the chorus together, both belting out the words.

"Now I'm red, I'm out of breath
Feel the music through your feet
A shot of light, I see the eyes
What a perfect way to meet

Now's the time to move
We've got nothing left to lose
And I-I will swallow all my pride
If you do the same tonight

Aren't you sick of waking up
Feeling like you've wasted time?
Let the demons in your head
Take control of your mind

Seconds from the end
Did it touch you like a priest?
Will you give up all your cares?
Now it's time to make your peace

Now I'm red, I'm out of breath
Feel the music through your feet
A shot of light, I see the eyes
What a perfect way to meet

It's a waste, we can't relate
To this losing industry
But it's alright, we'll always fight
For the things that we believe

Seconds from the end
Did it touch you like a priest?
Will you give up all your cares?
Now it's time to make your peace

Now I'm red, I'm out of breath
Feel the music through your feet
A shot of light, I see the eyes
What a perfect way to meet

It's a waste, we can't relate
To this losing industry
But it's alright, we'll always fight
For the things that we believe."

We played the last few notes and grinned excitedly at each other. Tiffany started to laugh, it was a beautiful sound that wash over me like warm honey. She shook her head and said with a chuckle, "I don't know about the line 'did it touch you like a priest,' that one could get us in trouble."

I giggled, "Well that's kind of the point Tiff, never play it safe when it comes to music. That's what this songs about, it's about fighting for the music, for the songs we believe in. Oh and on the plus side, just think how horrified Moon Ye Seul would be if she knew you co-wrote a song with that line in it?"

Tiffany threw back her head and roared with laughter, "Ok you've sold me that is now my new favorite line!" We laughed together and ran through the song once again.

As I lay in my bed later that night I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Music and the love of those around her was going to heal Tiffany. Despite the hurdles and bumps along the way, she would get through this.

-----------

The song in this chapter is Perfect Way to Meet by Kisschasy (Kisschasy are an Australian band and are totally rad. If you don't know them you should lol, they are also excellent live)

 

anyway, thanks for the new subscribers, hope you enjoy my writting :D

and, thanks for the 'old' readers (lol xP), hope you don't get bored with this story :p

 

p.s upvote, maybe? ;DD

 

ciao!

love yaa~ :*