The Music

Fear Itself

Ok, so here is the first chapter of my new fic! Enjoy! xD

 

Sooyoung's POV

"That was great guys," Jonghyun called out as he lay down his guitar and wiped the sweat from his brow with a towel he then chucked over the amps.

I lifted the strap of my bass guitar over my head and placed it in its stand carefully, "Are you kidding me Jonghyun? That ! The whole sound was off, not to mention your voice is totally wrong for that song." I tucked a curl of chestnut hair behind my ear and groaned in frustration. We had been working on this new song I'd written for over an hour now and it was going up creek.

"Well you know I have a way of fixing all this…" Jonghyun began only to be cut off by yours truly.

"Save it Jonghyun. We do not need another band member, we just need to work harder to get this right!" I snapped. Jonghyun had been going on and on about this friend of his, some girl with a beautiful eye-smiles (well, at least that’s what he told me) was supposed to be insanely talented. It was starting to piss me off just a tad.

"Look Soo you just said it yourself that something is off, maybe a new band member is just what we need. Can't hurt to hear the girl play now can it?" Yuri asked as she leaned on the keyboard in front of her. I glared hard at her, us girls were supposed to stick together! It's like the rules of feminism!

"Soo you know they're right, how about we go and see this chick, just see what she's like and how she plays. It's not like we're committing to anything, it's just a look," Minhyuk said as he idly tapped on the symbol with his drum sticks. I hate it when they gang up on me, bastards!

I sighed, I knew when I was beaten, "Fine we'll go see this chick, but I'm not saying I want a new person in this band, you got it?"

I saw Jonghyun holding back a triumphant smile, I would have to castrate him if he let it show. "Ok Soo, that's fair. Tiffany is performing tonight with the SACA orchestra so we should check it out and then meet her afterwards. I really think you guys will love her."

I grunted and rolled my eyes, I was really mad at myself for caving and now my punishment had to go and see some pretentious orchestra play a bunch of ty classical crap…worst night out ever.

"Jonghyun-ah, what's the SACA?" Yuri asked tucking a strand of raven hair behind her ear.

"It's the Seoul College of the Arts. That's where I met Tiffany while I was studying the cello and she was studying the violin and singing. She got a job there right after graduation as a tutor and teaching assistant and she's been the principle violinist in their orchestra for over a year now, she is the youngest principle violinist in the history of the SACA orchestra." Jonghyun said with pride, seemed to me like this Tiffany chick meant a lot to him, didn't mean I wanted her in my band.

"Classical musician, huh? That'll go really well with the whole rock band thing we got going on," I deadpanned.

"C'mon Soo, stop being so damn negative. Just wait till you see her perform and meet her before you judge, ok?" Jonghyun pleaded.

I rolled my eyes and sighed, "Fine we'll go see little Miss violinist tonight." I guess the universe hates me, that or I have some bad karma to work off. It’s probably the second one.

I guess it really wouldn't hurt to go see this chick play, the band was one of the most important things in my life and if little miss principle violinist could help with that then I guess I had to give it a shot. Don't ever tell the others I said that, Choi Sooyoung does not admit to being wrong!

The band had formed a year ago. Jonghyun had been in another band with Minhyuk since high school and Minhyuk was friends with Yuri who had dated my best friend Nichkhun. The three of them had come together and then set out to find a fourth band member. Nichkhun tipped them off about me which led them to an open mic night at a local club, Gray. There they found what they were looking for in the form of the last performer of the night, one Choi Sooyoung.

And me, well I'm the child of Rock Royalty. My Dad is Choi Seong-won, lead singer and guitarist in the band Deulgukhwa. They hit it big in the 80s and have been touring ever since. It meant that I didn't see a hell of a lot of my Dad growing up, but it also meant that I inherited some mad music skills. I think my first toy was a guitar actually.

I have been in love with music for as long as I can remember so this band meant a lot to me, which I guess is why I was being such a brat about bringing in someone new. My music was all I really had and I didn't want to around with that, but I said I'd give the girl a chance and I will. Stupid ing band members ganging up on me.

A few hours later I found myself in a rather uncomfortable seat in the auditorium of the Seoul College of the Arts. I was fidgeting so much that Jonghyun promised to buy me dinner if I'd behave myself. Well, I agreed, obviously. Yuri and Minhyuk just laughed at us.

As soon as the music began Jonghyun pointed out a redhead woman sitting in the front row on the left side. From my distant perspective she looked kinda hot, but the whole white shirt, black skirt and plait was a bit too stiff for me. She seemed pretty talented I will say, I mean I know absolutely nothing about classical music but she was good and then she stood up and did her solo.

Oh my God that solo, it was transcendent. You know how I said I knew nothing about classical music, well I don't, but I do know what moves me and the solo piece this Tiffany woman performed moved me to tears. The music was powerful and sad yet hopeful. In short it was breathtaking.

I was captivated for the rest of the performance, my eyes never leaving the redhead who threw so much passion and intensity into her music. You could see how the music invaded her and took over her body while she played. It was like everything fell away for her and all that was left was the magical sounds she was stirring from that violin. After the performance Jonghyun smirked over at me and said, "So you liked it huh?"

"Yeah I did, I still don't think a classical violinist will work in our rock band but I'll grant you she is incredibly talented." I said honestly.

"What? you think the violin is all she plays?" Jonghyun laughed and shook his head, "C'mon guys lets head back stage so you guys can meet her."

We followed Jonghyun back stage and watched as he greeted the majority of performers on his way back stage to find Tiffany. We were informed that she was getting changed so we waited for her in the rehearsal room. I was admiring a rather nice grand piano when the door behind me opened and I heard Jonghyun squeal, yes he squealed. I spun around to find him spinning a drop dead gorgeous redhead girl around in his arms.

He set her down and called us over, "Guys I want you to meet my favourite redhead, Tiffany. Tiff, this is Minhyuk, Yuri and Sooyoung."

Tiffany turned to me and I felt like I was drowning in her hazel eyes. She was so different from the woman who was up on stage. Gone was the uptight look, instead she was wearing a short jean skirt with a frayed hem, a vintage Beatles t-shirt and green Converses. Her long red hair was hanging in loose waves around her face, having been released from the plait she'd had it in to perform.

"Hi guys, it's nice to meet you. So what'd you think of the performance?" She asked. My God her voice was so hot! All husky and y. I completely lost the plot and just watched her as she interacted with the others. I was so lost in her that I didn't even register when they all turned to me waiting for my response to some question.

"Soo, Sooyoung! Yah! Choi Sooyoung!" Jonghyun said waving a hand in front of my face.

"What? What's going on?" I said as a blush colored my face.

"I'll take it from that, that you didn't like the show?" Tiffany said with a smirk.

"What, oh no I really liked it, it was great," I stammered out. Tiffany just nodded with an expression that told me she didn't believe a word I was saying to her. Hell I wouldn't have believed me either.

"So Tiffany how do you feel about coming to a little jam session with us tomorrow, it'll give you a chance to do something other than all this classical crap that's making you crazy," Jonghyun asked with a grin. I was thinking he might have a tiny crush on the gorgeous redhead, not that I blamed him at all she was hot!

"Hmm that's pretty tempting Jonghyun-ah, you certainly know how to woo a girl dontcha?" Tiffany said with a teasing smile, "But actually it sounds great, I'll be there. Hey guys the performers usually go out for drinks at a bar down the street after a show if you guys wanna come? I promise we aren't as stiff and uptight in real life as we seem on stage." We all laughed and agreed to head out with them.

I will admit that I was rather intrigued by this gorgeous redhead and was looking forward to spending some more time with her. She was so not what I was expecting at all.

Ok I think I just had an aneurism! Tiffany just reached up to hug Jonghyun and her t- came up to show off like half of her incredibly toned and perfectly flat abs with an undeniably y tattoo on her right hip. Now I have no idea what that tattoo said, all I know is that it was hot.

"Soo, you're drooling," Yuri whispered to me. I turned around and glared at her before giving her the finger and following the others out of the room.

Thankfully Tiffany hadn't noticed my creepy stalker like staring and was now leading us out of the auditorium and down the street to a funky little bar called Seoul Pub. As soon as we walked in Tiffany was being hugged and kissed by everyone, and I mean everyone! She was like freaking royalty in this place.

Tiffany led us to the bar and then made my mouth drop open in shock when she walked straight behind the bar and asked us all what we wanted.

"Um Tiffany, I don't think you allowed to just walk behind the bar like that," I said nervously, just waiting for the bold redhead to get yelled at and tackled by the burly bouncers.

Tiffany and Jonghyun just laughed and Tiffany leaned over the bar so she could talk to me without having to yell over the music and the crowd, "Honey, it's all good my brother owns the bar and I work her occasionally, plus I kinda live upstairs."

I felt her breath tickle my cheek and I wanted her right there and then, on the bar in front of everyone. Tiffany stepped back and grinned at me, "So what can I get you? On the house."

We ordered our drinks and then watched her get all Coyote Ugly, and by that I don't mean ty and dancing on the bar (not that I would have minded that), I mean that she began mixing drinks like she was a pro. It was a bit of a turn on…ok so it was a lot of a turn on.

Tiffany gave me a gorgeous smile as she handed me my vodka, lime and soda and walked around the bar to stand beside me with a beer. She had the most incredible smile on her face as she bobbed her head to the music. I was about to ask her to dance when Jonghyun grabbed her hand and dragged her forcibly out onto the dance floor. Tiffany giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck as they began moving to the music.

I officially hated Jonghyun in that moment. Yuri came up and stood beside me, "So what do you think of Tiffany?"

I wiped the condensation off my glass with my finger before answering her, "She seems nice and talented, I still do know how a violinist will fit into our band though. I guess we'll find out tomorrow when she comes to play with us."

"Yeah I'd bet you'd like her to 'play with you' ", Yuri said with a smug look on her face.

"What the hell, Yul." I said quickly, a little too quickly going by Yuri's roaring laughter.

"Soo, are you kidding? You've been staring at her non-stop all night. Just admit that you think she's hot. Hell I'm straight and I think she's hot!" Yuri said as she watched Tiffany dance with Jonghyun.

"Ok so she's hot, but that doesn't mean I'm interested in her!" I insisted. Yuri clearly wasn't buying it. She shook her head, laughed and wandered off to join Minhyuk at the bar. I sipped my drink and watched the redhead on the dance floor, God she could really move.

Tiffany raised her eyes and they locked on mine. It was weird, I felt an intense connection with the beautiful redhead as our eyes burned into each other. Tiffany winked at me and smiled before turning around to listen to something Jonghyun was trying to tell her.

I felt all strange inside. It was a feeling I hadn't had before. I had a feeling that things were about to get pretty interesting in my life.

 

 

 

 

So, how was the first chapter guys?

Should I continue it? scrap it?

Please comments, and subscribe, maybe? ;)

Anyway, till the next chappy~~~ xD

 

 

 

 

 

p.s So, yeah, I had to google who's korean rock legend coz I'm to lazy to make up a name for Sooyoung's Dad in this story, then I found this Deulgukhwa, the so called korean rock n' roll legend. Well, I honestly knew nothing about them before, but yeah, I don't give a damn about it, I just need a name, and fortunetely there's actually a Choi in this band, so, why not? but, actually this Choi wasn't a lead singer nor a guitarist on the band but a bassist, but then again, who cares? :p

p.p.s Tiffany with a tattoo? How freaking hawt is that? xD