A Very Rough Day

The Pathway to Failure is Filled with Bliss

 

A/N: I'm sorry about not updating last night. It was just a really busy day and when night came along I just collapsed. Please forgive me.

 

Seunghyun was so happy. This could be Jiyong’s break. He could have his dreams come true, just like he wanted. He just had to help the 1TYM hyungs lighten up a bit and realize how much they like Jiyong. He frowned. He was comfortable around older people but that doesn’t mean he can be persuasive.

He needed Jiyong to be there 100%, which he didn’t seem to be. He looked mildly upset and deep in thought. Jiyong jumped and scrambled to his feet when the washer buzzed. Seunghyun was lost again. Shouldn’t Jiyong be thrilled at this promotion? He worked so hard. He could actually become a YG trainee and work with everyone as an equal, well maybe not an equal, but better than a work-dog.

“Hey, Jiyong. 100 won for your thoughts?” Seunghyun asked.

Jiyong rolled his eyes. “Yah! You owe me 100 won, not the other way around.” Jiyong joked.

Seunghyun snickered. He guessed he was right. “Still, what’s on your mind? Shouldn’t you be happy? I would be going crazy if I were you.” Seunghyun asked.

Jiyong frowned, sitting there in silence, like he was trying to figure out what to say.

“I don’t know. It’s just a lot for me to process. I know that Sean and the 1TYM hyungs know about my music but YG doesn’t know much about it. I’m just wondering why he would want to make me a trainee so blindly. He seems really picky and through.” Jiyong mused.

“Who cares? He likes you. That’s what counts. Now let’s get you on your hyungs’ good side tonight.” Seunghyun said smiling at the other.

Jiyong nodded with a small smile. He reached in his bag for his rapping notebook to look things over. Seunghyun wished he was confident about all of this but he was really nervous. He could hear yelling and grunts and groaning mixed with curses coming from the practice room. Whatever was happening in there was not helping improve their moods.

Seunghyun got up when the dryer buzzed; looking down at Jiyong biting his lip in concentration he smiled. He really did do that a lot. It was so cute it made his heart ache. He started to fold to distract himself. If Jiyong got this promotion, it would be really good for him but how would they hang out? Wouldn’t he be really busy being a star in the making? He shook his head, trying to rid the thoughts. He could still see him sometimes. He wasn’t switching schools or anything.

Soon a smirking man in running pants that Seunghyun had never seen walked out of the practice room. Inside of the practice room came moans for water. Jiyong sprung up and grabbed some bottles, running inside.

Seunghyun kept to folding the towels until he heard a voice call for him.

“Seunghyun, bring us some towels please? A few damp and a few dry.” The voice moaned in request.

Seunghyun rushed to bring the towels. When he walked in it was like he was on the fresh end of a battle. Everyone from 1TYM was lying on the ground, and drenched in sweat. Jiyong was leaning against the mirror, trying to hide his laughter.

“Over here, Seunghyun.” Teddy called, waving his hand for him to give him a towel.

Seunghyun rushed over and gave him one of each dry and wet. The other members all called for towels, not able to get off of the floor.

“What happened to them?” Seunghyun asked Jiyong.

“It seems that YG pulled out the big guns this time and got them a trainer.” Jiyong said, still straining not to laugh at his hyungs.

“Yah! Show some respect for your hyungs. This really kills.” Baek Kyung grumbled, holding his stomach.

“Yeah. They took everything from us. Show us some pity.” Jin Hwan moaned.

“Everything? How did they take everything?” Seunghyun asked skeptically. They obviously still had the group and he doubted that YG would be so mean to give his stars no place to live.

“Help us up and into the studio and we’ll explain.” Danny said, holding his hand in the air to be lifted up.

Jiyong and Seunghyun helped lift them up one by one. They each groaned and limped out of the practice room into the recording studio to collapse on the couch, and Teddy in his chair.

“Arasso. So, on Saturday we all woke up late and started getting ready to go on some show when our manager came inside with some guy who started looking through our refrigerator.” Teddy began.

“Don’t forget to tell them about the room raid.” Baek Kyung added.

“I won’t, just hold on.” Teddy grumbled.

“So, after looking through our cabinets and refrigerator and taking notes, this guy started to move towards our bedrooms. That’s where we decided to draw the line.” Teddy said.

“Or at least we tried to.” Danny grumbled.

“We all barricaded our rooms and asked what was going on and who this guy was but he wouldn’t say anything. He was pretty strong and shoved us aside.” Jin Hwan said defeatedly.

 “He went through our stuff. He was obviously looking for something. He pulled out our snacks and cigarettes. It wasn’t like we were hiding them or anything but he looked everywhere. I never felt so violated.” Baek Kyung said with a little acid in his voice.

Teddy sighed, rubbing his eyes. “Anyways, he took all of the things in our rooms and most of the food from our kitchen and put it in a pile in the living room of our hostel. Our manager sat us down and told us that he is being fired and this is our new trainer and nutritionist and we have to listen to him.” He said with a little sadness.

“This new guy told us that all the things that were in our living room were now off limits. No beer, no cigarettes, no sweets, not even rice! He said he is going to check our place for ‘violations’ whenever he feels like. Who does he think he is, a ing god?” Jin Hwan said frustratedly.

Seunghyun and Jiyong sat in shock. What do you say to that?

“In addition, he is our trainer and comes by every other day to work us into jelly. I guess YG wants us to look more like the other idols, and here I thought he was different.” Baek Kyung grumbled, kicking the leg of the coffee table.

An awkward silence descended on the room after their venting explanation. Seunghyun fidgeted, picking at his hands, his eyes glued to the ground. He hated confrontations. He just wanted to help Jiyong. Guess things can never be simple. He looked up with a grimace on his face. He had to be brave. This was important. He had to do it for Jiyong.

“So, we, uh, wanted to ask you guys something but I guess this isn’t a good time.” Seunghyun said softly, hoping someone would pity them.

“What is it, Seunghyun?” Teddy asked before drinking from his water bottle, barely keeping from sliding out of his chair.

“Well, we wanted to know if we could hang out with you guys and you could help us out with our raps. You see, we’ve been working on stuff all weekend but we can only do so much on our own.” Seunghyun explained as Teddy nodded.

“I guess we can help you but I have to ask everyone else if they are okay with it.” Teddy said looking at the others. Jin Hwan and Danny nodded their consent before reaching over and fist bumping Jiyong and Seunghyun.

Baek Kyung sat there for a moment looking like he was contemplating something.

“So…if we help you, what do we get?” Baek Kyung asked with a little slyness in his voice.

“Hyung, come on. They’re kids who want some help. Can’t you just help them without asking for anything?” Danny asked him.

“Hold on. Baek Kyung may have a point. Do you two pack your lunches to school?” Jin Hwan asked with an urgent look in his eyes.

Seunghyun and Jiyong slowly looked at each other and nodded.

“Would you happen to have any left over, like rolled up egg or pork skewers?” Baek Kyung asked with a little glint in his eyes.

“We had rolled up egg and rice but my omma packed us beef skewers, not pork.” Jiyong said quietly.

Teddy raised his eyebrows almost to his hairline at hearing Jiyong say his omma packed both of them lunches but the reaction was overpowered by Jin Hwan and Baek Kyung.

“Well then go get them!” They urged shoving them out of the door.

Jiyong and Seunghyun rushed to grab their notebooks, pens, and lunchboxes. As they ran down the short hallway they saw all of them peeking their heads out of the door way in anticipation.

“You’ll have to understand, these are only leftovers for us 2 so there may not be a whole lot for you guys to eat.” Seunghyun explained.

The 1TYM members opened Jiyong’s lunchbox, which looked like it hadn’t been touched. Seunghyun looked over at Jiyong in shock to see that he had turned his head to look at the wall, ruffling his hair again. Why didn’t Jiyong eat? Was he that upset or worried?

“What is this?” He heard Baek Kyung exclaim.

They were all hunched over the small remains of Seunghyun’s lunch box. Inside were 2 rolled up egg, a small pile of rice, and 1 piece of beef left on his skewer.

“Who leaves one piece of beef on the skewer?” Danny asked in disbelief.

“I was planning on saving this for a snack later and they were so good that I wanted to save a piece to eat tonight.” Seunghyun mumbled.

He really wasn’t expecting to give his snack to a pack of starving 20 something year old hip hoppers. It really wasn’t much. He hoped it was enough for them. His stomach rumbled remembering the taste of food from lunch but he ignored the complaint.

“What the hell you guys? Let’s just eat.” Teddy said attacking the rolled up egg with a vengeance from above with his takeout chopsticks he scrounged up from the cup of them on the coffee table.

Soon all the 1TYM hyungs were stuffing their faces with the food before them, making moans and small words off approval. Within a minute all the food was gone. Jin Hwan and Baek Kyung were picking up the leftover grains of rice that were in the boxes. They all looked at the empty boxes sadly.

“Do you think you could convince your omma to make more food for you? You could say you are growing and it isn’t enough, or better yet just ask for an extra lunch box because there is a girl you want to impress, then bring it to us.” Baek Kyung schemed.

“Yah! Why would he do that? What do we have to give him? Plus, he would get in a lot of trouble with YG if he found out.” Jin Hwan said, smacking Baek Kyung upside the head.

“I could do it.” Jiyong said quietly.

They all looked at him, surprised that he spoke up.

“I’m sure my omma would be really happy to pack an extra lunch if she thought it was for a girl I liked. I can bring one for you guys.” Jiyong said in the same tone.

It was like a nerd doing the cool kid’s homework but with a better deal for the nerd. They were thrilled. They all ran up and hugged Jiyong, thanking him over and over again. Jiyong looked happy just to be included with them, although his ears tinged pink when he caught Seunghyun’s eye outside of the hugging mob.

Seunghyun gave him a small smile. They liked him, now they only had to like his music. That should be easy enough.

They all separated from each other and sat back in their spots.

“So, what do you need help with? Danny is our expert on image, Jin Hwan on singing, Baek Kyung on harnessing power, and I’d say I’m good at collecting all that stuff and pairing it with beats. What do you guys think?” Teddy asked his band mates.

They all nodded in approval. Seunghyun looked at Jiyong who was biting his lip again. His heart raced. He needed to focus. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity. He needed all the help he could get. He was just about to ask Jiyong what he wanted to do when Jiyong spoke up.

“Do you mind if I go in the booth first? There is something I’ve been wanting to sing but haven’t had the courage. You see, I haven’t sung in a while.” Jiyong said nervously.

“Go right ahead. Do you want us to leave so you can just belt it all out?” Teddy asked him.

“No, no. It’s alright. I need to get this all out. It’s been driving me crazy.” Jiyong said walking into the booth and sitting on the stool inside.

Seunghyun held his breath, his heart racing. He could only imagine what was going to happen next.