The Pack and The Covens and The Unfavored Exit

Between the Sun and the Moon

Previously:

 

Seunghyun thought to himself: First I eliminated your father, tour mother however was a wate of time. Leeteuk didn't agree with us as he figured out that we would kill Yoona too before she becomes a vampire and gives birth to their child, The child would be a weapon against other creatures and vampires would be the elite kind. these siblings could join me.

Seunghyun told them about the plan of The West Wolves' elimination. Jessica and her siblings agreed not knowing that they've dealed with their Father's murderer. Leeteuk knew that one's death woukd not bring the the scales back in balance. Taec's death and Yoona's would only please the balance. Leeteuk planned on moving on the other side of the world to protect his family and leave the creatures clueless. The wolves would live peacefully and the weapon.. his grandchild would live a normal life since he or she would be a daywalker. Yoona would live normally as a vampire. Leeteuk knew of his daughter's pregnancy as soon as Yoona started throwing up but he kept it so their move would be cleaner since it would be a lightning trip. But now Leeteuk was dead.

And he would not be there to protect his family. Seunghyun and the Parks moved out and started to run into the forest going west.

Seunghyun thought again: if these siblings do my bidding for me they would be rewarded well, if not let them join their soon to be deceased sister. I will make my vision come true. Leeteuk how come you could not see my vision brother? When we were created you started this, I will finish it. I will raise the hybrid as my own. He will be my weapon.

Seunghyun: My brethren, we eliminate the beta wolf known as Taec if the pack protects him, have no hesitation.

The sibings agreed.

Seunghyun's coven smiled.

The Pack is oblivious to this. Yoona too. A vampire's pregnancy only lasted 4 months faster than humans. Yoona would give birth three months from now.

She was fertile right after they have done the act.

Now, the balance was tipped in favor of the east. The west might fall tonight. The west... must... not.. Or else. The balance will be held by only... one.. kind.

_____________________________________________

It was a cold winter morning today the pack and I was enjoying a relaxing game of football with our families.

The Jangs joined us. Uncle Geun Seuk was with us, he took a day off from the police station. Aunt Shin Hye and Min Kyung were setting up food. Uncle Ji Hoo, the Jungs' father even joined us which is a rare event. Min Ho samchon was also with us. Aunt Wonhee was out sick so she asked Junsu to have fun with us despite her illness. Chansung's father was even with us.

Yuri was also with us. Nichkhun is so screwed, slapped. Jay and his parents eere also present. Appa and umma were also here. The adult wolves greeted each other. It was a picnic day. We were enjoying what's left if the wsrmth before winter comes. Yuri had announced that a pup might join the pack soon. She was 3 months pregnant. Wolf babies only have to be in the womb for 5, so Yuri is due around a couple of months from now.

During the weeks Yoona and I spent apart I tried to patch up what is left of Yong-joo and I's relationship. I stirred clear of Yoona's way and tried to close my mind from her thoughts. But it was hard. I could not reak free from my mate easily though Yong-joo helped me.

We were playong football today but from a mile away I heard leaves crunch. And steps so quick they were like gliding. I estimated around 11 people. Maybe they were hikers I thought at first but I listened harder... they didn't have heartbeats. Appa looked at me suspisciously and Geun Seuk too. They both smelled the air and caught the scent of vampires. I told Jay imeediately and he warned the pack and our families.

Our parents were just driving away when eleven cold pale vampires came running out the east side of the forest and almost attacked Jay...

Jessica attacked him but Jay blocked her strongly. Holding up both his arms like in a what the hell manner and said. Making me realize that she was not reaching for Jay but for me.

Jay: you are not welcom here, we should have attacked you and hunted you down a mile away when Taec heard you yet you disrupt my pack's peace, and attack its alpha? are you insane bloodsucker?

The vampires were all in a fighting stance. Fangs bared and claws sharp. Eyes red as blood.

Taec: you even brought the nomads.

Seunghyun: I am not at fault here. Ask yourself wolf.

Tiffany: the nomads are not in fault here wolves.

Taeyang: we are just passing through.

The nomads turned around in the direction of the west again.

Odd.

Taec: you are outnumbered vampires. You even lack Yoona.

Jessica: don't speak of her like that wolf. you are not worthy of her name.

Junsu: easy Jay.

Junsu and Nich were restraining Jay from attacking.

I looked around and saw the pack all draw over their shirts revealing fierce wolf bodies. Yong-joo was even in her bra already ready to transform anytime.

Nichkhun: what is your business here Jessica, why are you here with your siblings? Sheathe your claws and hide your fangs, let us talk in peace.

Wooyiung was serious. Dead serious when he said.

Wooyoung: or beasts shall draw blood from you vampires and burn you down to ashes.

Jinwoon: You have the guts wolf?

Yonghwa stepped forward.

Yonghwa: yeah we do. fully functioning guts.

Seohyun: is this still all games to you wolf?

Jay looked at all of us and we did not dare to speak, except I spoke up.

Taec: Then tell us why you're here already.

Jessica looked me dead in the eye, I tried to move my gaze to each vampire and they all looked at me. Each one giving me death stares. Jinwoon smoldering and Seohyun flaring her nose at me.

Jessica: you tipped the scale wolf.

What are they talking about!?

Tiffany: you imprinted on Yoona.

Jay pushed me. Shoved me more. The others moved closer to us. Yonghwa, Wooyoung, Junho and Yong-joo ignored the vampires and moved closer towards me while Chansung, Sungmin and Junsu restrained Jay from shoving me more.

Nichkhun was in between us and guarding us from any sudden attack from the vampires. Jay got losse from his restraints and attacked me his hand clenching my neck tighter with every word he said next to me.

Jay: Taec, you ing idiot!!!!!!! You tipped the scale!!! You of all people. I love you like a brither but you have gone too far. You ing selfish bastard!!!! You imprinted on a vampire. Wasn't Yong-joo enough???!!

The others couldn't stop him. The vampires smirked at the sight. In jay's hands, I could only cry and give every pack member an apologetic look. And said.

Taec: I'm sorry..

Jessica: Sorry isn't enough you mutt.

Jay was walking away from the commotion. Jessica and her siblings were still infuriated. Yonghwa as if reading the minds of the vampires,transformed and clashed with one.

A girl vampire, Seohyun one of the youngest.

Yonghwa: They want taec, they want to eliminate him!

He said reverting into a human then back to a wolf still pinning Seohyun down.

Jay: stop!!!! the balance can not be pleased with only one death!!!

He attacked Jessica.

I was dumbfounded.

Struck with ignorance.

Yong-joo attacked Jinwoon and pinned him to the ground. She snapped at him but he caught her ribs and kept pushing her away. Junho was circling wuth Hyoyeon measuring each other's moves then between them rolled Junsu and Tiffany that signaled the two to attack each other. Nichkhun and Chansung were ganging up on Sooyoung, Sungmin was in the middle of a biting contest with Sunny and all I could do was watch. Then Jay's words a while ago rang in my ears.

I transformed into a silverback wolf and knocked every pack member down all at the same time. All of us stopped for a while the vampires shocked. I had to take the chance.

Taec: Hajima!!! everyone listen to me. My death would not balance anything, It would the death of me and Yoona to brong the scale back to balance. Where do you think the nomads are right now?

Everyone looked around. The nomads' weren't in the field with us.

Sooyoung: Jessica, I think Taec is right.

Chansung who was battling with Sooyoung whike back couldn't help bit agre with her.

Chansung: hyung was never wrong. Jay hyung, everyone, Taec was avoiding Yoona though he imprinted on her. He was doing the right thing.

A phone rang.

Jinwoon: Yeobosaeyo?

Jinwoon answered it and it was Taeyeon. Bringing shocking news.

Jinwoon: Appa is dead. They killed him. the nomads killed him. Umma is alive she was fast enough to escape.

Taec: Do you guys understand now, they want to kill both of us. Yoona and I. To restore the balance. Not only did they trick you guys but they're also using you to raise the vampire kind. Tipping the balance in Seunghyun's favor.

Jessica: Then.. no. Yoona.. They can't kill Yoona. If they kill her.. No.

Tiffany: they'll use.. it's a weapn.

Seohyun: a weapon to put us in favor of the scale.

Jay spoke up.

Jay: The nomads tricked us all. But it doesn't make you right Taec. The balance will never be the same again.

But, what weapon?

Jessica breathed once.. twice..

Jessica: the weapon, a hybrid.

Taec: Hybrid?

Tiffany: Taec, Yoona's pregnant.

With that said all I could do was run east to the Parks' household. Ran as fast as I can. And saw Seunghyun holding Yoona by the neck.

Seunghyun: not one more step mutt.

I growled.

Seunghyun: I break her neck, take out the baby. And leave. That's all I could do. I can do. But no, I want to see you suffer.

Taeyang, Daesung and Seungri all held me. Restrained me from reching Yoona.

Seunghyun: our kind was always treated as scum, virus, monsters. guarded by you. but no, we are the cure for humans. Immortality, forever young, perfectly healthy. Me end my brother's vision, Leeteuk.

He kept babbling about his plan.

As if it wasn't explained enough in the last chapter. I thought of every word he said. Hoping my plan would work. I transformed back into a human.

Seunghyun: You wolf, you're the monsters. We nomads live by the rule. If we kill you and your mate, balance would be restored. I was hoping the parks woild do my bidding for me, but you ruined it all.

Yoona was awake now, still acting asleep. She was crying.

Yoona said in her thoughts: Taec, ne sarang, help me. Seunghyun broke Yoona's neck. And enraged me more. As if on cue the parks and the pack arrived. All attacking Taeyang, Daesung and Seungri holding them by the limbs with jaws and clawed hands. Seunghyun stil overlooking us wass in shock.

Seunghyun: my children.. my family release them!!!!!

He leaped from the rooftop down to a balcony. And was greeted by a very angry Jay and a smiling evil Jessica.

Jessica: hello uncle.

Jay: nomad.

He nodded as if introduicng himself.

Seunghyun was in shock. I was too. My plan worked. Yong-joo was listening to my thoughts, though I could read hers in protest she wasn't happy about my reaction but talked to me and said

Yong-joo: Taec i want the best for you, I'm happy and this is better than nothing.

I walked to Yoona, Jay and Jessica still holding Seunghyun about to break his neck.

I cut my arm and let Yoona drink from my blood to speed up her healing and woke up.

Yoona: did we restore the balance?

Taec: not yet my love.

Yoona: then should we?

Taec: no if it means being away from my mate again, never.

Taeyeon, the maternal figure of the Parks arrived.

Taeyeon: my children.. As she said the words she cried. Her children all came to her and hugged her and kissed her.

Yoona and I watched from above.

Yoona: oppa, the nomads are dead and so is appa.

Taec: but the balace is not restored yet.

Yoona: what now?

Taeyeon walked close to Jay holding Seunghyun.

Taeyeon: You are not nomads. Nomads abide by rules. And for that the guardians must punish you.

Jay: you choose judgement.

Taeyeon smiled and said in a cold voice.

Taeyeon: I watched my husband die, my children get played and one almost die..

Jinwoon walked over to Taeyeon and held her by the shoulders. Trying to console herTaeyeon: let him go. Everyone was shocked though the Parks could not go against their mother's decisions. Then Taeyeon said .

Taeyeon: but his sons die.

At Taeyeon's command the vampires snapped the necks of Taeyang, Daesung and Seungri. Burned them to the brim. All seunghyun coukd do wqs watch in pain and horror.

Taeyeon: It is better to die than live without the ones you love, Leeteuk said one time.

Then be punished Seunghyun. Taeyeon, despite her initial judgement, broke Seunghyun's neck. Her children cried eyeing the pack with a look of apology and gratitude.

Taeyeon: Kamsamnida.

Junsu looked at her suspisciously.

Wooyoung was getting pissed off at how Junsu stared at Taeyeon.

Jay: this will be the last time we will work together. Farewell.

Then Yong-joo read my mind and looked at me with warning. Yonghwa stopped in his tracks and looked at me not even phased by Jay's unspoken orders.

Nichkhun: Taec, let's go.

Junsu: c'mon.

Sungmin: Taec.. kaja.

Jay: taec for the last time.

Junho pleaded now followed by Wooyoung, Chansung and Yonghwa.

Junho: hyung, jebal.

Wooyoung: Jebal Taec hyungnim.

He made a deep bow.

Taec: then what? back to Jeju island like nothing happened. The balance is still tipped what do you think will happen next. Chansung is a smart pup and caught up to what I'm planning again.

Jay: Let us protect you then. Only you. The Pack will protect you. But if we protect her then we let the balance be upset again.

Yonghwa: Hyung I respect your decision always. You were my role model.

Taec: i'm sorry, Yonghwa, Jaebeom, everyone, but this is my decision if you can not protect my wife, my child your future pack member then I will protect them in the processm protecting you too.

I picked up Yoona bridal style and clung to my neck and nuzzled her head close to my chest. Jay spoke up from where he was. Jessica looked at him and even Taeyeon.

Jay: Taec, I know what you're planning.

Taec: I'm leaving. With Yoona and our child.

Jessica: Yoona is this what you want?

Yoona looked tpat her sister and nodded almost unnoticeably.

Tiffany: then we support you.

Taeyeon: my child you are one of the loved ones I have left. If you leave now we trust you that you will always know that we are family, even you Taec.

I was happy at the thought but saddened that I have to take Yoona away from my in-laws.

Jay: This is the last straw Taec.

Jay was about to attack but Yong-joo stopped him and even Jessica.

Jessica: Hajima!! You're alpha you're supposed to protect him. he's you're beta.

Jay: we are a pack. we are a family.

Tiffany: and that means wouldn't close your doors to him. but open it wider.

Jay waved them off. He knew that I was gonna be with him for the last time after this talk. The Pack and I will never cross paths again.. Or so I say. Jay knows that leaving is not the answer to tha balance. He wants me to stay and not care about the coven. But my damily is bogger now, the coven is my fanily too. We're leaving to protect them from being hunted by the creatures. At some point the creatures will find out and I can not risk this happening.

Not my family.

We'll run away and never look back and never back down.

As far as we could get.

Jesica, Taeyeon, Tiffany all the coven members understood. I was protecting them and Yoona and even the Pack. Yong-joo and I were having a silent conversation at the same time.

Yonghwa: be safe hyung.

Wooyoung and the other dongsaengs said goodbye.

Nichkhun: take care man.

Junsu: Taec, be careful.

Sungmin: Be careful ne chingu the world is crazy. We'll try our best to keep this, what ever happened tonight at bay.

Taec: I will. Be safe hyung.

Jessica and her siblings also said goodbye and even gave me a hug. Hyoyeon even joked and said.

Hyo: take care of our niece..

Sooyoung: or nephew!

Sunny: or vampire..

Seohyun: or wolf.

Taeyeon walked over. The pack and the coven still not in good terms but she walked close to Jay and said.

Taeyeon: let him be.

Then over to me and Yoona.

Taeyeon: My daughter loves bears, she feeds 3 times a night. And you my son should never let her out of your sight.

Taec: neh Taeyeon ssi.

Taeyeon: call me umma..

Taec: neh umma.

Yoona blushed.

Jay could only smolder at me. I turned around smelling the forest for the last time. I looked at Yoona and she smiled at me. Then Yoona thought, knowing that I could read her mind.

Yoona said in her thoughts: Chagiya, Niga sarangi yeonghwoni. I'll love yoi forever. This is the risk we shoukd take to protect the ones we love.

I said aloud.

Taec: I know ne sarang. I know.

We started to walk away, the coven watching us. The pack seeing me walk away for the first and last time. Then Jay said.

Jay: You can't walk away just like that Taec. Taec! Taec! Taeeeec!

He kept shouting at me. I turned my head and said.

Taec: I'm walking away to protect you but you don't understand. And if you think I can't hyung... then.. watch me.

I ran away Yoona in my arms and child in her womb.

Not sure where to go but far away. Far from danger, from the coven, the pack and our families. I'm sorry Yong-joo and Jay hyung.. Everyone I am sorry. But I know soon enough.. the pack.. the coven.. will understand my situation.

 

To Be Continued...

Next Chapter: Whereabouts and the growth of My Family

Coming Soon: Junsu and His Sister