The Marching Alliance and The Stand of our Family

Between the Sun and the Moon

 

Previously:

 

Jay: Would you be the pack's alpha? I am not worthy of the position anymore. I have not been open enough to the pack. I have left them in the time they need me most.

I stood up too. 

Taecyeon: But I have left you too.

Nickhun: We understand you left too Taecyeon. But we know the purpose of it.

Junsu: You left to protect us.

Sungmin: And Jay thinks it is more noble than his departure.

Jay: Yes. And I am sure everyone in this table here, ever wolf, every pack member in this table here agrees.

The pack's eyes shifted from Jay to me. They smiled at me coaxing me to accept. Taeyeon smiled at me. Then all of the coven members did. Yoona held my hand and said.

Yoona: Taecyeon ah.. Ne sarang.. We have come back at the right moment.

I looked at her and she stood up. Kissed me on the lips then hugged me. I looked at Jay then at Sungmin, Junsu and Nichkhun and each male at the table holding hands with their mates.

Each person in this table would gladly go to war with me. Against creatures that they haven't encountered yet. Creatures that we haven't even come up against. And they need me. To lead them into war. No not lead them into war. Not to lead them to their deaths. I could not let them die. Not Jay or Jessica, Sooyoung, Chansung, Junho, Hyoyeon not them. Not Yonghwa or Seohyun, Junsu, Tiffany, Taeyeon, Wooyoung, Sunny, Sungmin or Nichkhun and Yuri. Not Jinwoon and Baifern. Not Yong-joo who has sacrificed her life for me and would gladly sacrifice her life for my wife and son.  Not my son.

I would lead them.. into a new life. A better life. I stood up and walked over to Jay. Hugged him. He hugged back. Then I looked at the people gathered on the table. I am now standin in Jay's shoes.

Taecyeon: I accept. I would be your Alpha now.

I.. would lead.. them.. to victory.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up and the feeling of being at home with my wife and child was the best feeling I could have after the events of the past few weeks or months or so. I woke up and looked at Yoona who rested her head on my chest. She's beatiful when she's sleeping. And Jr. who looked like he was four now, also rested on the left side of my chest. I looked down on both of them.

I tried to get up without waking Yoona up but she woke up with a smile on her face as I tried to move her head away from my chest. Jr. also woke up and lifted his head but his eyes were closed and ended up laying his head on myu chest and nuzzling it closer to my neck.

Yoona: Good morning handsome.

Taecyeon: Hey beautiful.

She kissed me on the lips. We both stood up careful not to wake Jr.

Taecyeon:  He's handsome.

Yoona slid her hands around my waist and hugged me. We looked down on Jr.

Yoona: Yeah. he's as handsome as you.

Taecyeon: Maybe even more.

Her cold skin against my warm chest made me feel like everything was perfect. Forever together. With the pack and the coven. We brought Jr. out to the living room. Yong-joo was sleeping on the couch. Her head popped up when she heard us coming downstairs.

Yong-joo: Oh you guys are up..

She had glasses on. She was reading something. And hot steaming coffee was on the table beside her. At the sound of her voice Jr.'s head popped up and he was fully awake. He turned his head around to look at Yong-joo and gave her a smile.

She got up from the couch and walked over to us. She took Jr. from my hands and she said there was breakfast for us on the table. Well for me at least.

Are parents are out. Out. Out of this country. We didn't want them to partake in the war. They were not in their prime now. We didn't want them to get hurt. Jr. and Baifern were originally set to leave with our parents but the two cried when saying goodbye to Jinwoon and Yong-joo. And Jinwoon and Yong-joo cried the hell out of their eyes too.

We all washed up for the day. Ready to meet the pack and the coven outside.

As Yoona and I walked out, Yong-joo followed with Jr. in her hands. I could see from across the house that Yonghwa and Seohyun walked out the Jung's household with szome other pack members and their mates. Chansung, Sooyoung, Junho and Hyoyeon. They must've slept over. Easy access to each other. 

From the right side of our house. Jay walked out with Jessica. And on the left side, Jinwoon walked out first with Baifern in his hands followed by Nichkhun and Yuri. Sungmin and Sunny walked out of their house. Junsu and Tiffany walked out the house with Taeyeon and Wooyung. Oh right, Taeyeon is Junsu's sister. I forgot. Well at least that explains the strange familiarity I had with her name.

We all looked at each other. Knowing that today would be the day. The day of reckoning and redemption.It's been a week since our arrival. And every day we used for training.

We all rode into our rides and met up at the field.

Jay stepped out of his Lamborghini. And met with us. Chansung and the others stpeed out of his pick-up truck. Yoona, Yong-joo and I stepped out of my Black Ferrari.

Taecyeon: Gather round!

They all mad a circle around me.

Taecyeon: Here's the plan.. A pair would only make the kill together. Not one person would make the kill alone. It'll be better, more sure that the kill is done.

I looked at each couple.

Taeyeon: And uhh, Taecyeon.. the Giants?

Taecyeon: We take them first, after Nichkhun, Sungmin, Jay, Junsu and I take the Giants down. The younger pack members would take the cyclops down. Vampires hold your ground til we get them. Stay on high ground.

Jay: Yeah, the trees would be good ground for you first.

Yoona: Taec, the children..

I looked at Yong-joo and Jinwoon. Then I looked at Nichkhun, I couldn't decide for her daughter.

Nichkhun: Jinwoon, I'm sorry but I need you to take my daughter to a mountain.

He pointed at a snow-capped mountain peak.

Yuri: She'll be safe there. And Yoona...? What about Jr?

I looked at Yoona. Yoona took a deep breath and sighed it out. She looked at me with pleading eyes.

Yoona: Jr. stays.

Yong-joo: But-

Taecyeon: We've decided Yong-joo.

Jessica: Taecyeon, Yoona.. why make him stay? He'll be safe with Yong-joo, Jinwoon and Baifern up there.

Jay: Taec let's be rational.

Taecyeon: Jay.. Jessica.. No. Jr stays. He'll be our.. salvation.

Junsu: Or he could be the spark to ignite the war. Taecyeon c'mon!

Taecyeon: Junsu, I've decided.

Yonghwa stood up. Seoohyun followed suit. Junho and Hyoyeon did too. Chansung and so as Sooyoung stood up and walked behind me. 

Yonghwa: Hyungs.. Taecyeon hyung made an order.

Tiffany: Yonghwa.. Junsu, Taec let's all be rational here. Why are you letting Jr stay though?

Yoona: Unnie.. You don't understand..

Taecyeon: I want to lead you to victory..

I cut off the growing argument.

Taecyeon: Jr's life might be short lived.

They all stopped. Looked at me. Yoona started to cry. But I pulled her head into my chest and hugged her I rested my chin on her head. 

Taecyeon: And we want to spend it with him if ever.

Jay: Then we can't let the fear of the alpha happen.

I looked up to see Jay smiling at me. He nodded. We traded places, and he was doing what a Beta is supposed to do. He was supporting me. Somethin I have failed to do as a beta.

Jay: We can't let Jr.'s life be short lived. So Taec, please send him with Jinwoon and Baifern.

Yong-joo: Taec please.. It's time I ask a favor from you..

She came close to me and Yoona. She was crying.

Yong-joo: and what's the deal with all of us having a grimm look on our faces?

She was right. We all wer sad or mad, fearful of what's waiting for us beyond the day. 12 noon and we would know. Yong-joo was at least trying to lighten the mood. Trying to cheer us up. Our sullen moods were no good for war.

Yong-joo: C'mon guys.. Let's share a laugh. It might be our last.. C'mon guys.. Please?

She was starting to tear up. But at that we all smiled.

Chansung: Yeah.. We'll get through this right.

Sooyoung: We've gone past through the nomads right? 

Taeyeon: And Leeteuk's death. You guys made it easier for me to accept it.. And you guys helped me find my true mate..

Wooyoung walked close to her and hugged her.

Sunny: Yeah and .. and-

Sungmin continued what she was trying to say.

Sungmin: And we found love with each other.

Hyoyeon and Junho spoke up.

Junho: You guys you brought us together.

Hyoyeon: So thank you.

Seohyun: For everything. If not for you I would not have met..

Yonghwa continued her sentence.

Yonghwa: .. the love of my life.

I looked at them. And I know that what they said was true and meaningful. So I decided that Yong-joo should go to the mountains and Jinwoon would stay. But Yong-joo objected to my plans again.

Yong-joo: I'll stay. Let Jinwoon protect the kids. Please Taecyeon..

I was about to say more things. We were all smiling enjoying the moment. Maybe our last moment together. But from afar I could here.. them. The march of a thousand feet. The stomp of a thousand monsters, the flap of wings. The hiss of the grass where they step on. The sound of destruction. The chaos in their hearts as it pumped venom into their veins. The Marching Alliance. The March of A Thousand Creatures set to destroy us. Then the marching stopped. 

From the faces of the pack and the coven. At first they were surprised. But the shock on their faces turned into the face of war. War descending into their eyes. The heat of battle. I nodded at Jinwoon. He picked up Baifern and took Jr. from Yong-joo's hands. He gave us one last look as Yong-joo gave Jr. a kiss on the cheek. Jr. started to cry.

Jr.: Yong-joo.. Gwanchanayo? Be safe..

With that said. Yong-joo cried.

Jr: Umma.. Appa.. Saranghanda!

Jinwoon ran. To the west. He ran for the mountains. I knew what Yong-joo was going to say but she said it anyway.

Yong-joo: Taec, it is in me now. To be part of your life. My heart lay with you once but now my loyalty is also with you. To the death.

The air started to blow harder. The sound of rustling leaves from the trees became more audible. The clouds in the sky started to block out the sun. The sun that was high up in the sky. A sign that the Alliance HAVE arrived 12noon. I looked at Jay. He nodded.

From afar Hyori, the Immortal Mistress, the only one left of four. The four who represent the elements. Her being water. The sign of balance. She started to speak up.

Hyori: A very touching moment huh? Are you ready though?

She started to get ready for battle. She unsheathed a sword from her side. She was in full armor. The avians too. The giants had cudgels in their arms, the cyclopes were in chain mail armor, the centaurs in armor saddled an seated on their horse half were elves equipped with spears. Trolls with their war hammers, ghouls weary of the sigh, ghosts and banshees screaming. 

Jay looked at me. He started to chane his eyes into that of a wolf. I said in wolf telepathy to them.

Taecyeon: Remember the plan. Vampires up first okay?

I looked at them one by one, repeating the last three words Yong-joo gave me. I looked at Jay and he nodded in approval and understanding of the plan  full well that we would not end this without casualty.

Jay: To the Death..

I looked at Yonghwa and Seohyun.

Seohyun: Oppa, gomawo.

Yonghwa: To the Death Taecyeon Hyung.

Junsu let go of Tiffany's hand and kissed her on the lips.

Junsu: Taec this is all your fault okay? But you know that the pack members will follow you even to the depth of hell. To the Death.

Sungmin: Yah! Kim Junsu, stop ruining the moment. Taec, to the Death okay?

Sunny: Taecyeon-ah.. To the Death is fine but To Victory is better..

Taeyeon looked at me.

Taeyeon: I've trusted you with Yoona's life. And now I trust you with mine and the rest of the coven's. To the Death.

Wooyoung kissed Taeyeon. He let go of her hand and stepped in a defensive line with me. I was at the center. Jay, Junsu, Sungmin, Nichkhun and Yong-joo at my right respectively. And Wooyoung, Junho, Yonghwa and Chansung at my left. The coven made an attack line at the back.

Wooyoung: We've had some crazy time huh hyung? But this is the craziest.

Junho: Crazy, stupid, irrrational.

Chansung: Illogical, ludacris not the rapper, insane moments. 

Yonghwa: But remember hyung..

Yonghwa caught my attention the most. He was the one who resented me most, the one who deserved to resent me most. But now he didn't. Now he even trusts me enough with his life.

Yonghwa: .. I've always trusted you. I've always respected your decisions, this is a bit unrespectable but the pack would always follow you to the Death.

Their chests were high and mighty now. They were filled with courage. And I wish i would not go to waste. All of it not to waste at all.

Then I looked at Yoona. We started this, we should end it right? We've promised to follow each other for better or for worse, til death do us part. I am the Sun and she is the Moon. And nothing would ever come between us. Only love. Love for each other, for the family, for our son. We've upset the balance.. I wonder.. tipped the scale. We made a mistake is what we thought but looking at the couples that are mated for life.. we haven't made any mistake at all. Everything is destined. Only LOVE is between us now.

Jessica said from the back.

Jessica: To the Death. Taecyeon, you've given me Jay. And I could not thank you enough. Coming into battle with you isn't even enough.

Tiffany said too.

Tiffany: Taecyeon, to victory and to the death.

Sooyoung: To the Death. For our Family okay? We've grown now.

Hyoyeon: We're more than friends now.

Sunny: More than this.

Taeyeon: We're a family okay?

Yoona looked at me smiled and said.

Yoona: Taecyeon..

She walked over to my side.

Yoona: I can't make you attack first. We'll do it together.

I nodded at her. I could not speak at first. She said.

Yoona: You are the Sun..

And I continued from what she started.

Taecyeon: You are the Moon..

Yoona: There is nothing else between us...

Taecyeon: Evn Oceans can never come Between the Sun and the Moon..

Yoona: Nothing else is between us..

Taecyeon: But love..

I looked at her. The forever in her eyes hasn't disappeared. The love in her eyes, the intensity of her love surged from her stare and seeped into my soul. She is my Soulmate. They ar my family.. And I promised them.. That I would lead them to victory.. and no to the death. But I would gladly follow them there too.. To the highest of heavens and the depths of hell.

I looked at Yoona.

Taecyeon: Saranghae Im Yoona.

She looked at me. Pulled me in for a kiss.

Yoona: Saranghae Ok Taecyeon..

From afar the Alliance started to walk.

Hyori: Ravage the field of these creatures and get me the Hybrid!

She raise her sword made of nevermelting ice. Crafted by the moon and forged by the sun. The Alliance started to gain speed. The monsters and creatures behind her back starting to gain speed. A Unicorn, the only one left she had gained control of and rode into battle against us.

I closed my eyes. Smelled the air. Maybe the last breath of air I would ever have.

Taecyeon: To the DEATH!

We all ran for it. The Vampires jumped onto trees first. It was as planned the Alliance let the big guys attack first. We let the wind touch our lether clad bodies. We all decided to wear leather cause it was a great material for an armor, not too heavy and just enough toughness. If it breaks through, the toughness of wolf hide and vampire crystal hard skin is still a great match for any weapon.

I changed my eyes into that of a wolf, bared my fangs, let my claws out. In a few seconds we would clash into a wall of giants and cyclopes and go into a full blown war with the Alliance. An Alliance set out to kill us. We might be the tip to the scale and the imbalance to the balance but they have planned something much worse.

And my family could not let them do it. This is our stand. The Stand of our Family. To make it or break it, to move forward, never look back and never back down. To follow each other to the other side. To the sky or the ground. To Victory.. and if all else fails.. even.. To ..the.. Death.

 

To Be Continued..

 

Next Chapter:  A War in its Peak is Never without Casualty...