Imprinting is Troublesome and Training for the War

Between the Sun and the Moon

Previously:

They all made jokes but then I started to realize Yong-joo wasn't around.

 
Taec: Hey where's Yong-joo?
 
Yonghwa: She made it safely back hyung.
 
Jinwoon: yeah she's..
 
From afar Jinwoon spotted her.
 
Jinwoon: She's right there, she just got snacks and drinks for the wolves.
 
Seohyun: Noona!
 
Seohyun waved from afar.
 
Then Yong-joo saw me. She smiled at me and Yoona. But when Jr. came into her view. She curled up and fell on the ground. The snacks she brought and the drinks all fell down with her. She was clawing something at her back and baby Jr started to cry.
 
Jinwoon also screamed like he was in pain. His shirt started to smoke from the back. Like he was being branded.. Oh gods now. But it's impossible right? But then I remembered the nymphs sayong they "healed Yong-joo more than she needed."
 
Yonghwa and Seohyun ran first to Yong-joo. Then Yonghwa looked at me. She was clawing at her upper left back. Right at her shoulder blade. Jinwoon was doing the same thing. Yoona was also rubbing Jr.'s back.
 
We all ran over to Yong-joo except for Chansung, Sooyoung, Junsu, Tiffany, Sungmin and Sunny stayed with Jinwoon. His shirt was burning. And he was thrashing around. In the process giving me a glimpse of his back. I looked at Yong-joo and her shirt was also burning but then I realized.. my son's shirt.. was also.. burning.. and so did Jinwoon's.
 
----------------------------------------
 
It wasn't expected at all. Not by Yong-joo, Jinwoon and Yoona and I as parents of Jr. But we did not realize there was more to the Imprint Triangle we first saw. It wasn't a triangle. It was a square. An Imprint Square. Maybe?
 
My boy creating a love line a day after his birth. How awesome.. I mean.. how manly is that?
 
Yoona and I and the others walked over to Yong-Joo. Yonghwa was calming her down and Seohyun helped. She thrashed around reaching for her left shoulder blade. Her shirt smoked and started to burn from the intense heat and pain that she was feeling being branded like that. Imprinting is our way of preserving the wolf kind. But Imprinting is as troublesome as it gets in our life. 
 
Yonghwa: Noona. Calm down.
 
Seohyun handed him a bottle of water Yong-joo initially carried to the field. Yonghwa opened it and poured it on Yong-joo's back.
 
Taecyeon: Yong-joo calm down.
 
I thought Jr. imprinted on Baifern. 
 
I tossed a water bottle to Junsu near Jiwoon's side. And I thought Baifern imprinted on Jinwoon and Yong-joo also imprinted on Jr. But I was totally far out from the truth of what really is happening right now.
 
Jay: Let them heal.
 
That was the next process of imprinting. Claiming. After the branding happens claiming is up next. Well according to the stories of Chansung and the others, Yonghwa, Seohyun, Junsu and Tiffany and the rest right after their brand the female partner was already claimed just as fast. Now Yong-joo and Jinwoon would have to speak for themselves. Baifern and Jr. can't talk yet. Jinwoon must claim for one of the three and so does Yong-joo. It would be easy if Jinwoon was imprinted on by Yong-joo and Baifern imprinted on Jr. But fate got more plans than we want and know.
 
Nichkhun: Aigoo.. Jinwoon, Yong-joo.
 
He looked at them and gave a weak smile. He tried to support the two.
 
Yuri: Aigoo.. Good thing our baby here isn't imprinted on just yet.
 
Well the couple was roght at some point. Baifern wasn't imprinted on. Her mate couldn't do that.  Yong-joo stood up and so did Jinwoon. Jr stopped crying and he was opening and closing his outstretched hand to Yong-joo. Baifern was doing the same for Jinwoon.
 
Yong-joo looked at Jinwoon with an apologetic look and Jinwoon gave the same apologetic look to Yong-joo. From the looks of it the two seem to have grown to each other. I feel sorry for them now though. I hate to say it but I think my son ruined what was supposed to be love between them. But good thing too that it wasn't only my son that ruined what was between Yong-joo and Jinwoon.
 
Yonghwa: Noona can you stand well? Are you dizzy?
 
Yong-joo nodded in disapproval. Seohyun held Yong-joo by the hand and asked her.
 
Seohyun: Noona.. Are you okay?
 
Yong-joo was looking at me. And my fears were real. I could say I liked it a t first well as a joke. But the words of the nymph rang to my ears again. And I looked at Jinwoon staring intently to the eyes of Baifern. Nichkhun noticed this and turned Baifern out of Jinwoon's sight. And it dawned on him what was happening.
 
Yong-joo looked at Jinwoon with apologetic eyes again. And all Jinwoon could do was smile. She walked to Jinwoon and we all followed her. Jinwoon met her halfway. I was at the back of everyone else. With Jay and Jessica. Yoona was holding Jr. near Yong-joo. Jr. hugged her arm where her tattoo is. Baifern was being carried by Yuri now from a small distance away from Jinwoon.
 
Yong-joo started to speak up. Everyone looked at her with curiosity on their minds. But Yoona wasn't catching up to everything yet. Yuri had already realized what was happening and from afar she was smoldering at Jinwoon. Nichkhun controlled his feelings very well and by the looks of it he already accepted the fact.
 
But us new fathers are worried of our wives who where still very attached to their kid.
 
Yong-joo: Jinwoon, mianhae. I told you it wouldn't work out.
 
Jay looked at them from my side and let go of Jessica's hand. I walked with him in between Yong-joo and Jinwoon. Sunny, Sooyoung, Chansung, Sungmin, Junho and Hyoyeon scattered themselves. The guys walked near Yuri and the girls near Jinwoon. 
 
Yonghwa and Seohyun came close to Yoona. Jessica, Tiffany, Taeyeon, who just arrived came near Yoona too. Wooyoung was undecided but figured out that everything isn't going to be peaceful after the imprinting. The rest came near Yong-joo.
 
Jinwoon: I know Yong-joo yah. We'll stay friend though. 
 
The two changed words as if we weren't there.
 
Yong-joo: We thought what we have.. had was special..
 
Jinwoon: But we're wrong. We could not have loved each other. We were only.. what we were feeling was..
 
Yong-joo finished Jinwoon's sentence..
 
Yong-joo: Infatuation. But it- it's over okay? We can still be friends..
 
Yong-joo hugged Jinwoon and he hugged her back.
 
Jay: Okay enough. This is the hardest part of telling us about your relationship with Jinwoon, Yong-joo. But it's time to claim.
 
Jessica: Come here baby boy. I know it's hard.. It's probably for the best okay?
 
He rested his head on her shoulder and slid her hand on his back. Rubbed it and patted it. She comforted their youngest or at least physically youngest sibling. He was never a complainer, but this time I think it was about time he complained. But he didn't he let the world fall perfectly into it's place and its pieces into place too. 
 
Yong-joo walked over to Yoona. Yoona was shocked. She held Jr. in her arms. She looked at Yong-joo with eyes that was staring right into her soul. She took a step back.
 
Yong-joo: Yoona yah. Mian..
 
Yoona took another step. She gave Jr. to Yonghwa. Yong-joo cried. She was shaking her head from side to side. Yoona was also nodding like realizing something that was obvious.
 
I walked over in the middle of Yong-joo and Yoona. Jay was also at the back of Yoona giving me a look that said we shoul get in control before everything gets outta hand. Seohyun held Yong-joo by the shoulders. Yong-joo was sobbing uncontrollably. Jessica looked at Jay too. She still had Jinwoon in her arms.
 
Taecyeon: Now let's not be too hasty with our actions.
 
I walked close to Yoona. Jay was now in between. Yoona's nostrils were flaring now. She looked at Yong-joo with venom dripping from her eyes.
 
Yong-joo: Yoona.. Mi-mian-mianhaeyo.
 
Yong-joo made a deep bow.
 
Yoona's eyes turned red now. I was scared when that happens too. When that happened once when we fought when I was late going home one time cause I was chased by giants. Her eyes turned red and she threw everything in sight. Even trees. Yup.. even.. trees. She looked down on the ground. Sungmin, Sunny and Chansung were all at the sides of Yong-joo ready to protect her. Sooyoung was with Jessica, Tiffany and Junsu comforting Jinwoon. Yuri was talking to Nichkhun. Yuri was still trying to put things together. I could hear them from afar.
 
Yuri: Nichkhun.. Is this.. What's really happening..
 
Nichkhun looked at me with a clear look of panic in his face. We accepted the fact I know for sure. But our wives.. our inhumanly strong, beastly mad, vampiric.. no not vampiric actual vampire wives were starting to get irritated by what was happening.
 
Nichkhun: Uhh.. Yuri-ah.. Can we stay calm first? Baifern might cry..
 
Then Yoona who was breathing heavily now who stared at the ground snapped her head and looked at Yong-joo.
 
Yoona: You..
 
Yong-joo stood up from her deep bow.
 
Yong-joo: Yoona, Taecyeon.. Mianhae..
 
She cried again. I just looked at her with a look that said everything was gonna be okay, somethings would hurt but it all would be okay for her and maybe Jinwoon. Assuming that our wives don't kill them.
 
Yoona: You.. You IMPRINTED... ON MY SOOOOOOOOON?
 
She shouted. She shouted her dead lungs out. Wait, it was more of a roar than a shout. She ran to Yong-joo. Jay blocked her path and but she pushed Jay out of her way. Junho tried to tackle her but she just spun to her right and Junho missed her. Seohyun and Hyoyeon tried tomake a grab for her hands but she just shrugged them off. Yonghwa ran to his sister and so did Jessica who gave Jr. to Tiffany and Junsu tried to make a grab for Yong-joo and tried to protect her but Yoona was faster than them.
 
She was now face to face with Yong-joo. Yong-joo closed her eyes. Yoona raised her hand. I was running over to Yoona and Yong-joo. Everyone who tried to stop Yoona was now attempting to get up. Bugt it felt like time stopped. Tiffany didn't know what to do now. Wooyoung and Taeyeon were runnning for Yoona. Sungmin and Sunny also were trying to make it before Yoona smacked the hell out of Yong-joo.
 
All was like a scene in war. A war we were about to fight. I was looking around as I ran. I was screaming for Yoona to stop. But she could not have heard me. She was deaf with madness and blinded with rage.
 
Taecyeon: Yoona! STOP! HAJIMA! STOOOOOP!
 
She lifted her hand higher and was about to swing it down and slap Yong-joo across her face. Yong-joo just closed her eyes accepting the beating that she was about to receive from Yoona.
 
But we all looked at a sound that caught all our attention. Yoona halted her hand from landing onto Yong-joo's cute cheeks. She made an abrupt stop with it. She looked at the source of the sound. Everyone else stopped what they were doing. Those who fell trying to attack Yoona stopped what they were doing. Wooyoung,Taeyeon, Sungmin and Sunny stood their ground and stopped running. Yuri and Nich stopped arguing and looked at Jr. 
 
Jr. was crying. He was trying to say something. But he could not make the words out. He was a baby for the gods' sakes. He looked four but he was still a day old.
 
Jr: Umma......
 
He cried again. Yoona's hard look towards Jr' softened. She put her hand down. I looked at my son. He looked at me too. His eyes was tearing up. His mouth was in a pout, his cheeks flushed red. And then he said again.
 
Jr.: Appa..
 
Then he looked at Yong-joo. He cried but then he smiled. She smiled at him too. Tiffany who held him walked over to me and gave me Jr. I walked over to Yoona. Yoona stepped back from Yong-joo.  I let Jr. crawl. It was the only way to make Yoona accept this. 
 
I let Jr. down on the grass. He looked at me as he sat. Then he looked at Yoona and smiled both at us. I walked over to Yoona and left Jr. on the grass. I slid my hand over her back and so did she. I kissed her on the forehead. She was still in shock though.
 
Taecyeon: Ne sarang, let's make JinYoung decide.
 
She looked at me then I made her look at Jr. Our kid looked at us then he smiled.
 
Taecyeon: Go on son..
 
I nodded at him.
 
He tried to stand up. Then he stood up perfectly. He made his first step and then his second. We all watched him, observed him looked at where he was going. Or WHO he was goint to. He ended up at Yong-joo's feet. She hugged her thigh and said in his baby voice.
 
Jr.: Y-yo.. Y-yooong... Yong-joo.
 
He rubbed his face on her bare thighs. He hugged her. Yoona and I walked over to Yong-joo and Yoona picked Jr. up. She kissed our son. And I looked at her. She nodded at me.
 
Yong-joo: Yoona.. Taecyeon mia-
 
Yoona cut her off.
 
Yoona: Anniyo Yong-joo. Mianhae. I am the one who should say sorry.
 
Yong-joo looked at me and Yoona. She hugged us and as she hugged us. She was looking down on Jr. who was in the middle of our hug and they smiled at each other.
 
Jr.: Yong-joo..
 
Yong-joo. I'm happy you came home Yoona and Taecyeon. But I'm happier you bought him into this world.
 
Yoona hugged Yong-joo back. So did I. I gave Jr. to Yong-joo. She hugged him. She gave him a look that said the he was her life now. Then Jay spoke up. We all looked at Jr and Yong-joo's imprint and Branded scar that they gave to each other. Jinwoon looked up and could only smile at them now. But his mate hasn't been revealed yet.
 
Jay: Yong-joo and Jr. are accounted for now. Both have imprinted on each other which leaves..
 
You thought the commotion is over now right? Nope, you are wrong. Anniyo, completely wrong, eobseo, andwae. No. Nada.
 
Yuri realized and heard what Jay said. She ran with Baifern in her hands. She gave Baifern to Nichkhun before walking, more like stalking to Jinwoon. She had her claws out and her fangs bare. But before she could do anything she hid them all. She placed a hand over Jinwoon's shoulder. Nichkhun was holding his breath. Everyone was. We were scared of what could happen next.
 
Nichkhun ran over to his wife. Yoona was shocked too, though she had the same episode just right before, exactly before Yuri has hers. Then she spoke up. And what she said surprised us all.
 
Yuri: Love her. Feed her. Never leave her. Make her cry and I'll make YOU, cry. Break her heart and I swear Park Jinwoon I. WILL. BREAK. YOUR. EVERYTHING.
 
After that said. She smiled and picked up Baifern from Nichkhun's arms. And walked over to Jinwoon again. We all looked at her with our mouths agape. Jay too was stunned at this even my wife. Even Taeyeon and Wooyoung. Sunny and Sungmin was also in shock. Sooyoung was looking at Chansung though trying to close his mouth.
 
Yuri: Park Jinwoon, remember everything I said.
 
She said her eyes into slits almost closed when she said that.
 
Yuri: Baifern Yulkhun Horvejkul, my daughter.. 
 
Before she continued she waved Nichkhun to walk over and stand by her side.
 
Yuri: Baifern Yulkhun Horvejkul, our daughter, meet Park Jinwoon...
 
She gave Baifern to Jinwoon. She smiled at him. She was a month old but she smiled at him. And so did Jinwoon. Jinwoon started to tear up. Jr. and Yong-joo also smiled at them
 
Yuri: .. your mate.
 
Jay cleared his throat and we all snapped out of our daze. Well at least Yuri accepted the fact more lightly than my wife did. I kissed her on the forehead then on the cheeks then on the lips.. Our kiss started to deepen but Jay cleared his throat again.
 
Jay: Ehem.. Jinwoon and Baifern are now claimed and accounted for. So guys can we go back to training now.
 
We all shared a laugh or two again. Jr. was talking to Yong-joo at his best. Well he was baby-talking to Yong-joo. Jinwoon was too. We all gathered around Jay and he briefed us for Yoona and I's sake with the how far their training went. Jinwoon and Jay talked simultaneously on how to kill som creatures. But I realized they lacked training for some creatures Yoona and I have met that Yong-joo didn't know were part of the plan.
 
Jay: So yeah. That's how far we've known with training.
 
Jinwoon: I've trained them on how to kill the creatures present in the meeting in the cave by the Alliance.
 
Taeyeon: We know that elves should have their heads cut off and their bloods dried out.
 
Wooyoung: Meaning that we should bite them on the jugular first.
 
Sunny: And dwarves should be decapitated too.
 
Sungmin: And foxes should be ripped apart and burned.
 
Yonghwa: Yeah limb by limb.
 
Seohyun; And their heads crushed.
 
We all started to share knowledge on how to kill these creatures. I just smiled at each person who started to pitch in something they learned and something they wanted to add. Of course Yoona and I already know these. And even know more than killing just these creatures.
 
Junsu: And if our fangs are long enough we should bite down on the hearts of the faeries.
 
Tiffany: Bite down straight into their hearts.
 
Sooyoung: But we could claw them out too.
 
Chansung: Yeah and trolls. Well trolls are easy to kill. We can scare them off their wits and they'd kill theirselves. Knowing that we are their natural predators.
 
He said we referring to us. Wolves and vampires alike.
 
Jessica: But it would be safer if we burned them all.
 
Jinwoon; Ghouls too, ghouls are killed with vampire venom.
 
Yong-joo:Ghosts are well, ghosts are easily scared of by wolf eyes. We won't have to worry about the ghosts that much.
 
Jay: Yeah everybody is right. Taec do you need to add anything?
 
I told them the creatures they know of are just half the creatures that would come our way. I told them that giants were against us too, avians. Avians, thos half bald eagle up their waist and human down there. They have arms but wings protrude from their shoulder blades. Centaurs were present too. Half-man, half- uhh.. I mean horse. Half-horse. They even got the cyclops. Those, stupid, one-eyed cannibals.
 
I told them all about these. And Yoona was the one who told them on how to kill the creatures we've encountered.
 
Yoona: The only way to kill giants is to break their knees. Then bites and vampire venom can kill them when bitten in the right places. 
 
She looked at me. The pack and the coven all now sat cross-legged, some on the back of Chansung's truck while he was sprawled on the grass, his feet outstretched.
 
Yoona: Chansung, come here.
 
She made Chansung her example. She pointed at his neck and at his wrist.
 
Yoona: the spots where venom would traval fast or blood would rush out faster. And the way to kill avians is to break their neck.
 
Yong-joo was listening intently at our lecture. Jinwoon was too. But Baifern and Jr just played in between them. The tension between the two seemed to have been lost in an instant.
 
Taecyeon: To kill a centaur, bite their waist. Their human half is only strong because they are connected to their mystic half which is the horse. And to kill Cyclopes..
 
Jinwoon stood up and gave Baifern to Yuri.
 
Jinwoon: The eyes. A claw to the eye would be enough. Taecyeon hyung, Yoona noona, you really have learned so much. It;s a good thing you're back.
 
We smiled at him and at the rest of the pack and the coven. 
 
Training resumed for us all that day. Jinwoon had brought out wooden dummies for the vampires to practice their bites on and logs for thw wolves to practice our bites on. Yuri and Yong-joo took turns watching the kids since she's part of this whole war now. Jinwoon, Yoona and I even gave the pack and the coven one-on-one sparring time.
 
After the training we all had to go to Jay's house for barbecue. We hunted the meat of course together with the coven, we hunted cows and bears and even turkeys. The coven drank the animals dry and of course we cooked the meat. We all enjoyed the smell of the food first. Jessica, Taeyeon, Tiffany, Junsu and Jay cooked the meals. We were all sitiing in a very long table.
 
The food came in and we all prayed first before digging in. The bear meat was tender and soft enough to fall of the bone, the roast turkey Jessica and Tiffany prepared was the best. Junsu and Jay's burgers were also great. But as we ate, Yonghwa said something we should all think and talk about. It was not so good news but it was a good thing he opened it up.
 
Yonghwa: Taecyeon hyung.. How long til the army arrives though?
 
Seohyun looked at her mate and she realized he was right.
 
Seohyun: Neh, and umm.. unnie are we trained enough.
 
I looked at Yoona and at the others. She said she could handle telling them the news.
 
Yoona: On our way home.. We met some nymph.. 
 
Yong-joo: The nymphs who healed me of my wounds..
 
Taecyeon: and your imprint on me.
 
Yoona: Right. And they are Jr.'s godmothers. They said they could buy us time. 
 
Taecyeon: A week before the army could arrive.
 
Jay: Right cause the half that's chasing you would realize they were on a wild goose chase..
 
Jessica sat next to Jay. The table was wide enough for two people to seat together in the middle. Yoona and I sat on the other end.

Jessica: And they would have to meet together again and they would come our way.

Taeyeon: But another week of training would be enough before we go into war.

Wooyoung: She's right.. Taeyeon is.. everybody is. Right hyung? Yoona?

We both looked at each other and nodded at Wooyoung.

Junsu: Then we should use every second for training.

Tiffany: Right.

Chansung: WHOA WHOA WHOA... WHOOOOOOAAH..

Sooyoung: Waeyo?!

Chansung: No eating?

Junsu: Aish.. Let me rephrase that. Every second for training and some of it for building ourselves up physically..

Chansung nodded like he was satisfied with what Junsu said. But Tifffany continued what her mate had said.

Tiffany: Emotionally too.

Evry couple held hands. Even Yong-joo who was carrying Jr. on her lap had hugged him. Jinwoon rested his head on baby Baifern's head. Baifern tried to reach for his nose.

Sunny: Spiritually.

Sungmin: And mentally.

With that said. Sungmin looked at Jay. Then Junsu, Nichkhun and I looked at him. Junsu and Nichkhun seemed to know how "mentally" was connected to Jay.

Nichkhun: Jay.. You have to say something?

Junho: Hyung.. Hyungs.. what? What aren;t you telling us?

Everyone was confused.

Hyoyeon: Yeah Jay. What?

Sungmin: Jay, Nichkhun, Junsu and I have talked about this.

Nichkhun: We've talked about this the day Jay came back.

Junsu: It isn't our choice though.

Jay stood up and let go of Jessica's hand. He kissed her on the forehead. Jessica also seems to know what the older guys were talking about. 

Jay: What the guys are talking about it.. Taec.. Ok Taecyeon.. Would you..

He looked at me. His eyes intently into mine.

Jay: Would you be the pack's alpha? I am not worthy of the position anymore. I have not been open enough to the pack. I have left them in the time they need me most.

I stood up too. 

Taecyeon: But I have left you too.

Nickhun: We understand you left too Taecyeon. But we know the purpose of it.

Junsu: You left to protect us.

Sungmin: And Jay thinks it is more noble than his departure.

Jay: Yes. And I am sure everyone in this table here, ever wolf, every pack member in this table here agrees.

The pack's eyes shifted from Jay to me. They smiled at me coaxing me to accept. Taeyeon smiled at me. Then all of the coven members did. Yoona held my hand and said.

Yoona: Taecyeon ah.. Ne sarang.. We have come back at the right moment.

I looked at her and she stood up. Kissed me on the lips then hugged me. I looked at Jay then at Sungmin, Junsu and Nichkhun and each male at the table holding hands with their mates.

Each person in this table would gladly go to war with me. Against creatures that they haven't encountered yet. Creatures that we haven't even come up against. And they need me. To lead them into war. No not lead them into war. Not to lead them to their deaths. I could not let them die. Not Jay or Jessica, Sooyoung, Chansung, Junho, Hyoyeon not them. Not Yonghwa or Seohyun, Junsu, Tiffany, Taeyeon, Wooyoung, Sunny, Sungmin or Nichkhun and Yuri. Not Jinwoon and Baifern. Not Yong-joo who has sacrificed her life for me and would gladly sacrifice her life for my wife and son.  Not my son.

I would lead them.. into a new life. A better life. I stood up and walked over to Jay. Hugged him. He hugged back. Then I looked at the people gathered on the table. I am now standin in Jay's shoes.

Taecyeon: I accept. I would be your Alpha now.

I.. would lead.. them.. to victory.

 

To Be Continued..

Next Chapter: The Marching Alliance and The Stand of our Family