School Days and a Vampire's Gaze

Between the Sun and the Moon

Previously:

Then I remembered.. Yong-joo can read my thoughts. From afar I could see her silhouette from her house window across my room's window on the 2nd floor of our house.. Yong-joo yah.. I feel sorry for her. For the pack. If they find out about this.. It would upset the balance.

Imprinting is like being obsessed with someone.

And my obsession for her is impossible.

And with this.. our lives.. will never. be. the same.. again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Pack goes to a school. Yeah, even wolves' go to a High School.

Jaebeom, Junsu, Nichkhun, Sungmin, Yong-joo and I are seniors at Jin Young high while Wooyoung, Junho, Chansung and Yonghwa are juniors.

It was. Exhausting. We had to go to school at day and hunt at night.

Our routine every morning for school was to pick up the Park's, Jang's and Lee's that stayed in one big house.

Jay had a car so he went by himself to school early in the morning also to check on other creatures.

I had to fetch Junho and Sungmin and Wooyoung usually I fetched Yong-joo and Yonghwa too. But today only the Latter was present.

Taecyeon: Where's your sister?

Yonghwa: beats me? wasn't in her room this morning.

Everyone looked at me with a suspicious smile.

Taecyeon: We broke up last night guys. Nothing happened.

Sungmin: Taecyeon-ah.. Let's go.. Fetch Chansung now.

Taecyeon: Neh hyung.

As we parked near the Hwangs,  Nichkhun just got out from his house and said his good morning to us before kissing Yuri goodbye and speeding off with his car.

Junsu past us by riding his motorcycle that matched the coat of his wolf.

Junho and Wooyoung: Hwang Chansung! Palli!

Sungmin: Maknae! We're going to be late!

Yonghwa: Bacon!

Chansung dashed out of their house still in a sleepy daze smelling the air. Yonghwa got TW strips of bacon out from a paper bag gave it to Chansung as Chansung rode the van.

Yonghwa: you wolves ever learn.

Everyone else rode the van and we drove off to school.

Typical. Morning. Routine... NOT.

We parked near each other's cars and Junsu's motorcycle.

We greeted each other in the school's parking lot. The bell rang and class went as usual.

Usual, but still no Yong-joo in sight.

I was waiting for her in our -Ed class, yeah can you believe that? -Ed and it's only 8: 30 in the morning. Jay, Nichkhun, Sungmin, Junsu and I almost had the same classes and schedules though, so it made things in school a bit better. Anyway, I was waiting for her staring at the seat to my left where she usually sat but then..

There she was.. That angel damned to walk the earth came through our classroom doors.

Yoona. It was her. Leeteuk's adoptive kid. And Taeyeon's? Taeyeon? Hmm.. I wonder. I've never seen this Taeyeon before.

Anyhow, Yoona. Yoona was here.

Then Ms.Solstice, our -Ed teacher walked in and noticed Yoona staring at my direction from the back door.

Wait.. Yoona was staring at me. I gave her a stern look and a stoic smile. Imagine how that looked.

Ms.S: Oh, new student! Come up front and please introduce yourself to your classmates please? *In a very pleasant(for her) voice. In also a sing song way.*

Yoona broke eye contact first and walked up front.

Yoona had her gaze low but I remembered I can read her thoughts.

She was shy, thinking of me.

WTH? I don't want this, i tried shouting back at her using my thoughts but I guess this Imprint-to-Imprint only works for a wolf-to-wolf imprint. She doesn't seem to be affected by my telepathy towards her.

At this point I reject any feelings and pull towards her/ But yes you guessed, the imprint thing doesn't let me off the hook that easy.

Yoona: Naneun, Park Yoona imnida.

That confirms it, she's Jung-su's or Leeteuk's kid. Leeteuk is how everyone calls him.

Ms.S: okay please take the empty seat next to Mr. Ok. Taecyeon-ssi please raise your hand.

Yoona walked her eyes glued to mine towards the empty seat next to mine.

Yoona: Is this seat taken?

With that I almost lost it. It was Yong-joo's seat! This was where she usually sat. But she was out today or maybe late. I hope she's okay. I still love love Yong-Joo. I miss her eye-smile and her cute ways. But Yoona asking me if the seat next to me was taken was like asking me if the slot to my heart where Yong-joo used to be was vacant. I opened my mouth in reply.

Taecyeon: N-no. Have a seat.

Yoona: I faced the board as Ms.S started class. Yoona kept glancing my way. It looked like I was listening but I wasn't. I was nervous as hell.

Then I felt Yong-joo's thoughts linger near. She was late.

Yong-joo:*in her thoughts* Taecyeon, you're here again. you ing wolf. Why can't i forget you easily. Stupid imprihnt. Aaaaah!

Yong-joo walked into class and got shocked of who was seated next to me.

She took the seat next to Junsu right behind me.

I looked back and gave her and apologetic look.

Yoona: Uh.. Miss Solstice is calling for you.

I stared at her first, down her lips and then ms.s called for me again.

MsS: Taecyeon-ssi please will you tell us what do you prefer in a mate?

I stood up and answered. Glancing at Yoona.

Taecyeon: Innocence and as long as there is Love. Nothing else matters.

Ms S continued to blabber about things and .

Class ended sooner than expected.

Jay: Taec c'mon we'll be late for Dance Class.

I was walking to my next class and noticed Yoona was following me. I hastened my walk and ducked into class. Yong-joo was there too. I looked at her again with my apology look. But then Yoona bumped at my back shoving me inside class.

Yoona: Mianhe.

Taec: Gwenchanayo.

We held eye contact for a while

All through out the morning she followed me through my classes. Apparently she had the same classes. Bad thing. Worse? Yong-joo was with me too.

~Lunch Period~

The Pack was sitting down with two lunch tables. Jay took the center of the table.

Every others place was fair seat. I took lunch for me and Yong-Joo which I usually  do but then she took out a paper bag and ignored me.I gave Chansung the other tray and he scarfed it down immediately.

I sat at the edge of a seat and then the double doors to the afeteria opened and the Parks walked in.

Jessica the ice princes with that stoic icy look, Tiffany with her provocative eye smile skimpy clothing and curly copper hair, Sunny, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon,Seohyun then Yoona walked in with their youngest brother Jinwoon. She looked very hungry or rather thirsty. They did nothing during lunch they just hung out here. That's what the girls usually do. Vampires don't eat right? They just drink.

She looked me dead in the eyes. Yoona. What's with her?

Yong-joo caught what I was doing again. And gave her an angry look. I don't know why but maybe it was because of her remark about Yoona that I heard again?

Jay: Hey.. Gather round.Geun Seuk ahjussi just texted me. Somthing happened on the east side.

Yonghwa: what happened?

Yong-joo: *inaudible* Yoona happened.

I heard it clearly.

Sungmin: What?

Nichkhun: What happened Jay?

Jay: Elves were dragged to the east side and were drained of their blood.

Chansung: You think it's the nomads again?

Woouyong: I don't know hyung.

I was only listening but still stared at Yoona. She tried to smile at me.

Junho: Hyung! Taecyeon-hyung! What do you think happened?

Junsu caught me looking at Yoona.

Junsu: Taec's right.

Huh?!

Junsu: I think it's that untransformed newborn.

Jay: But why? This is really confusing. Upsetting the balance. Nomads. What? When did this all happen? Why? Why now? What the hell?

Yong-joo: I think it's the new born.

Yonghwa: No it's not. It's the nomads.

Chansung: I say we go East and ask them personally.

JAY: Good Idea. Why do you only speak up now>?

Chansung: Hyung, I'm full.

Yonghwa: Kekekekeke.

I caught a word from Jessica's mouth when she was talking to her sisters.She said "They want Yoona. But they can not have you Sister." Jessica and her sisters were even older than my Father. Jessica was according to what my father told Jessica was the Mayor's daughter during their time. A very long time ago. She was and slayed by her own father. The mayor apparently wasn't her real father. She was disposed of near Han River Leeteuk took pity on her and she was revived intop a vampire. Tiffany was her biological sister who was revived by Dr.Leeteuk. Tiffany had had an abusive adoptive father and mother that adopted everal young teens to enslave them and rent them out as es. Sooyoung, Hyoyeon and Sunny were her adoptive sisters.

During servicing a well known politician that time, they were disposed of also. Threatening the politician that they were gonna tell the police about his indulgence for young women. That time Leeteuk was the politician's doctor. He witnessed the killing of the women. He too was almost killed by the guards but he killed them before they did him. Drank their blood and took pity on the violated adoptive sister.

He made them into vampires and the girls took vengeance on their parents. They were forever thankful to their adoptive father. Leeteuk.

During that time a man brought Leeteuk a baby that grew up to be Taeyeon. She was sick of leukemia but then Leeetuk transformed her on her deathbed. Eventually they fell in love and married.

Leeteuk also has an adoptive son. Jinwoon, a Korean War soldier. On the verge of death when Leeeteuk was a Medic during the war that time.

Anyway, enough about the Vampires.

I started to listen to the Pack Conversation again.

Taecyeon: Let them fix the balance. It is not our problem right? The nomads attacked them. The nomads, I think are after Yoona.

Chansung: the new born?

Nichkhun: But i thought she isn't a human?

Sungmin: Nichkhun, I don't think they're after her because of her humanity.

Taecyeon: Their goals are still ahaze to me.. But it's better not to snoop into vampire business.

Jay: well said Taec. But we still need news on this. Attacks on people by an unidentified animal was reported to Geun Seuk ahjussi just now again

Jang Geun Seuk is the Chief of Police in Seoul.

Taec: I'll have news on this. Let me off just once.

I nodded in agreement.

Jay: okay it's settled. Pack business is Pack business. But next time blood  is shed, human or creature, in our land we talk to them. If not let them taste our fangs.

*Bell rings*

Jay: okay then. off to class.

Yonghwa: Ka-ja.

Yong-joo looked back at me again. But this time she was the apologetic one. Like saying sorry for upsetting me about what she thought of Yoona. But I wasn't supposed to feel this way.

Everyone went to classes. Except me. I walked over to Yoona who was still fixing her things. I was weak to the calls of the Imprint I had on Yoona. I controlled it, tried to keep it at bay. But the wolf in me fought and wanted its mate.

Taecyeon: Hey.

Yoona: What wolf? Here to scold me again?

Taecyeon: You're transforming and you're thirsty.

Yoona looked at me. In total utter shock.

Yoona: You know nothing wolf. Get out of the way.

Taec: there is no life on the east. Only the undead settle there. I know it's hard for you transforming at this time. We can leave early and I'll take you hunting.  I'll take you to the west and guard you. One time deal. I need explanations, my pack is uneasy of your hunting activities lately. For a new born.

Yoona: One time deal?

Taec: yeah. I let you hunt, you give me answers. It's our right to know. We guard the people here. The residents of this city. Of Seoul.With the nomads running around and us having no intel or insight on them we'll be upsetting the balance.

Yoona dropped on the floor. Probably of hunger. I took her out the back of the school.

Rolled up my plaid long sleeves.

I slashed my wrist open enough for blood to run out.

She smelled it and drank out of my arm. Plenty enough to keep her standing.

Yoona: Thank you. But why?

Taec: You won't understand if I told you right now. Deal then?

Yoona: Deal.

For the first time she smiled at me. A human, humane, kind, sweet smile. Her pink lips curled up and I couldn't resist but look and fall for her. Fall.. deeply... in love... with her.

Yoona looked at me. Her gaze was like digging into my soul.

Taec: we're friends now right?

Yoona said something in her mind "Taecyeon, I can't resist it anymore. I've waited my human life for someone to feel the way i feel right now towards me. And I think you have this. You made me feel complete. I love you. But we can't be together. We'll be upsetting the balance. But this is a shot in the dark."

Yoona blushed. And looked straight into my eyes

Yoona: probably?

She chuckled sweetly.

Taec: let's go back to class then?

Yoona: yeah we should probably go to our class now.

We were off to a good start. Bad for my relationship with Yong-joo. But one thing was clear now. Yoona, was in love with me. I love Yong-joo, but I need Yoona. Love is tearing me to shreds. In pieces. But it seemed like Yoona was picking my pieces up and putting them back together. And I was allowing her. And I wanted to do the same for Yong-joo. But I can't.. I was more in love... with a vampire.. I.. was.. in love.. with Yoona.

 

To Be Continued..

Next Chapter: The Nomads' Hunt and the Start of a Deadly Friendship 

Coming Soon: The Wolf plays with the Night Child... The Transformation and Complications of a new born Vampire. [M]