A War in its Peak is Never without Casualty...

Between the Sun and the Moon

 

Previously:

Taecyeon: Saranghae Im Yoona.

She looked at me. Pulled me in for a kiss.

Yoona: Saranghae Ok Taecyeon..

From afar the Alliance started to walk.

Hyori: Ravage the field of these creatures and get me the Hybrid!

She raise her sword made of nevermelting ice. Crafted by the moon and forged by the sun. The Alliance started to gain speed. The monsters and creatures behind her back starting to gain speed. A Unicorn, the only one left she had gained control of and rode into battle against us.

I closed my eyes. Smelled the air. Maybe the last breath of air I would ever have.

Taecyeon: To the DEATH!

We all ran for it. The Vampires jumped onto trees first. It was as planned the Alliance let the big guys attack first. We let the wind touch our lether clad bodies. We all decided to wear leather cause it was a great material for an armor, not too heavy and just enough toughness. If it breaks through, the toughness of wolf hide and vampire crystal hard skin is still a great match for any weapon.

I changed my eyes into that of a wolf, bared my fangs, let my claws out. In a few seconds we would clash into a wall of giants and cyclopes and go into a full blown war with the Alliance. An Alliance set out to kill us. We might be the tip to the scale and the imbalance to the balance but they have planned something much worse.

And my family could not let them do it. This is our stand. The Stand of our Family. To make it or break it, to move forward, never look back and never back down. To follow each other to the other side. To the sky or the ground. To Victory.. and if all else fails.. even.. To ..the.. Death.

-----------------------------------------------------------
 
War is Never WITHOUT Casualty. We as a family standing against the Alliance, a horde, a mix of creatures against us must fully understand this. And I am sure all of us have accepted this fact even from the start.
 
From afar the ground shook as the giants came closer to us. Yoona let go of my hand as we were about to make contact witht the giants and the cyclops, the Alliance's army close behind the massive creatures. A head  count gives us 7 Cyclops and 3 Giants. In a fast blur all of the pack members transformed into wolves. 
 
I leaped into the air and bit a cyclops in the jugular. Blood spewed out from his neck. And that was a sure kill. One down. I paused for a moment and looked up. Avians were about to make an aerial ace on us, a fast claw was about to dive on us but as fast as arrows shot from a bow 8 vampires, black blurs in the sky picked out avians. As fast as that 8 avian bodies fell from the sky. The coven leaped from the trees using the branches as leverage and jumped from it. As I looked at the bodies that fell I saw that their chests were clawed out and they had their hearts removed.
 
One avian had his head cut off, his limbs severed and his inners were imploded. Taeyeon's work. From my left I could see Wooyoung, Junho, Chansung and Yonghwa take down a giant. Wooyoung bit it in the calf and knelt in pain. Chansung made a beeline to it's neck and bit it. Blood gushed out it's neck and Yonghwa and Junho bit off its arms. 
 
Jay took down a cyclops all by himself too. He had clawed its eye out and bit its neck. Draining its blood. Nickhun, Sungmin, Yong-joo and Junsu took down 2 giants and 3 cyclops. Yoona was also doing her job in war. She was drinking the blood of a cyclops. It must've given her enough or even extra energy since she made a straight jump into the air and picked off 3 avians. Her face was caked with blood and her hands held two avian heads. Beaks open and tongues hanging out.
 
I was admiring the war too soon that I didn't notice two cyclops were about to attack me from behind. I lowered my head and Yoona ran and stepped on my head and made my body gave her a boost up. She leaped into the air again and punched both the cannibal cyclops in the eye. Casualty count for the Alliance? 10 Avians down, 3 giants and 5 cyclops. 2 Cyclops left.
 
I walked over to one cyclops and stepped on its eye. I bit him in the jugular and blood came out it like a fountain. My fur was turning red now. Dyed with enemy blood. Yoona's claws were like daggers she pierced the cyclops in the eye and the eye stuck to her fingernails. She slashed the cyclops at the neck with her hand.
 
Yoona: Honey, you should be more careful and pay attention. Enemy advancing.
 
From afar I could hear the rest of the coven drop down from the trees and meet us at the defensive line.
 
Taeyeon: Avian blood tastes like chicken blood.
 
Jessica: Umma, they are chickens.
 
Yuri: Guys centaurs advancing.
 
Jay and the older wolves came to my left side with the olde half of the coven and Yoona and the younger coven and pack members at my right. We ran for the centaurs again. The elves on their backs lowered their spears and pointed them at us. In total there were 12 cantaurs, 12 elves on centaurs and 4 on their feet. Heechul, Siwon, Eunhyuk and Ryeowok were the elf kings. They are brothers and from the looks of it Donghae was their brother too. And apparently they are not happy with Yong-joo being here and still alive.
 
Sunny: Here they come!
 
Sooyoung: Wolves against centaurs,we'll make the elves dismount the centaurs.
 
Tiffany: By pair okay guys?
 
I looked at Yoona and she nodded at me.
 
Junsu leaped into action first. He slid under the feet of a centaur and bit its tail. The elf lost balance and let go of its spear. It fell to the ground and Tiffany jumped and landed on the elf's neck. Decapitating it. She bit it in the neck and said.
 
Tiffany: Have a taste of vampire venom.
 
The centaur shook Junsu off but he instantly regained footing and rode it at the back. Imagine a full grown oversized wolf riding a centaur. He bit it at the neck and the centaur fell down. Tiffany ran to him and bit the centaur at the neck too.
 
Tiffany: Wow. Rabies and vampire venom.
 
Yonghwa from afar I could see him do almost the same as Junsu did except he bit the centaur in the stomach as he slid under it. Seohyun bit the elf and it crumpled on the ground. She pulled the elf's arms off and Yonghwa bit the head off. Chansung made his way to a centaur with Sooyoung at her back. Sooyoung picked a spear. As they were about to clash with the elf and the centaur Chansung slid under and Sooyoung jumped off into the air above. She stabbed as she was landing behind the elf and centaur and skewered the creatures in their necks. It entered the elf at the back of his neck and the spear tip protruding from the centaur neck. Sooyoung bit the elf and the centaur for good measure.
 
Sooyoung: Chansung, double tap. Just to make sure these bastards are dead.
 
From afar Yuri shouted some suggestions that were pretty good.
 
Yuri: Rip them apart now, burn them all later!
 
I nodded at her. She was ripping an elf apart as Nichkhun was biting on a centaur. He bit the centaur at the back of his neck. Hard.
 
From afar Wooyoung was munching down an an elf and Taeyeon was drinking from a centaur. Hey, maybe they needed a water break.. uhh I mean a blood break. Or whatever. Junho jumped at a centaur and his teeth sank at its neck and slid sideways he kicked the elf off the horse back and Hyoyeon took the kill. Sungmin and Sunny were biting everything in sight. We didn't notice that the trolls and dwarves were marching ahead now.
 
Yoona and I ran for Psy. He was about to make orders but he didn't finish them. It would be hard to shout orders if you were gushing out blood everywhere from vampire claw slashes and wolf bites in your neck. The four elf brothers marched forward. Jay and Jessica were running for them so Yoona and I decided we should help them.
 
Jessica: Yoona! Taecyeon! One elf each! 
 
I ran for Ryeowook. He was gonna put up a fight. He raised his sword as I was about to attack. Good thing at the moment I lunged at him I twisted my body in the air and landed in his side. I bit his waist as he tried to stab me with his sword. I let go of him and let him bleed to death as I helped Yoona with Heechul. Heechul had his sword horizontally placed under Yoona's chin.
 
Heechul: One more step wolf and she-
 
Yoona broke his neck from behind. She threw it at me and I broke the skill with one crushing chomp.
 
Yoona: War is noisy enough. Don't add to it you elf.
 
If I could laugh while I am a wolf. I would have. Jessica and Jay were ripping Eunhyuk apart. And Yoona realized that Siwon was nowhere in sight.
 
Yoona: Where's Siwon?!
 
Jessica: Molla! Yoona we're kinda busy.
 
I was ripping apart some trolls and dwarves. One almost hit me in the head with a war hammer. Yoona scanned the surroundings, more of surveyed the battlefield. The wolves were now in our line fighting the trolls. The vampires were enjoying ripping out dwarf hearts, and ripping off ghoul heads and elf heads even troll heads. They were in a biting frenzy, tasting every creature's blood. Yuri was enjoying this the most. But what caught Yoona's attention was..
 
Yoona: Taecyeon, Siwon is running for Yong-joo let's go.
 
I left the trolls advancing towards me and Yoona jumped on my back. Siwon was about to raise his sword and lunge for Yong-joo with it as he shouted.
 
Siwon: For our brother!!!!
 
Yong-joo turned around. Her wolf fur was now also caked with blood from different types of creatures. Just in time Yoona arrived and kicked Siwon's head off. I ran for Siwon's body and ripped his limbs apart with my jaws.
 
Yong-joo dipped her head a little to thank Yoona and I.
 
Yoona: NO time for thank yor's Yong-joo. Thank me later. Now we kill. Arasso?
 
Yong-joo ran off to help Taeyeon and Wooyoung with some trolls. I scanned the field again. The faeries were just sbout to march forward but Jay and Jessica started to run for them too. I howled and caught the attention of some of the pack members. Good thing they understood. We ran for the defensive line of the Fae.
 
Nichkhun and Yuri immediately made it to Seunggi and did not let him talk anymore. Seohyun and Yonghwa arrived next to them.
 
Yuri: Seo.. You wanna taste faerie blood?
 
Seohyun: Bwoya?!
 
Yuri: Hey, I'm a new vampire. Don't blame me. I wanna taste some new delicacies.
 
Yonghwa and Nickhun were circling Seohyun and Yuri who were being approached by trolls and ghouls and faeries. Every time a creature lunges for the two, Yonghwa or Nichkhun would bite its head clean off.
 
Yuri picked up Seunggi's dead body and she drank his blood.
 
Seohyun: Yuck..
 
Yuri had a face plastered to it was a look like when you have a shot of tequila.
 
Yuri: You're right. Yuck!
 
They ran again and fought some more.
 
Junsu and Tiffany teamed up with Sunny and Sungmin who were fending off some faeries.
 
Yoona and I did our share of killing. As we were on a kill of 70 trolls and 30 faeries. We realized that the foxes haven't marched forward yet. The forxes would be our most fordable foe. They were as big as us wolves.
 
Yoona: Taecyeon, you wanna dance with these foxes?
 
The batttlefield was in total chaos. Several bodies were sprawled everywhere. We even sustained some knife cuts on several part of our body.
 
I ran with Yoona to the foxes and met with Shin Min ah. The fox lady. Yoona attacked first. She kicked some fox . She was awesome. Maybe this is what you call parental instinct. But I was tired now. I was running on adrenaline. But I have to finish this. 
 
Jay caught up with me and Yoona. Jessica, Junho, Hyoyeon, Junsu and Tiffany followed. We plowed through the battalion of foxes and faeries and Ghouls. Th ghosts were not present. They might have backed down. Scared out of their minds that we were there. Yonghwa, Seohyun, Sooyoung and Chansung followed suit. Yuri and Nichkhun were finishing off some elves and trolls. Yoona was drinking the blood of the last fox, the leader of the foxes, Min ah.
 
We were winning. But the battle was not over. I turned around and saw some fires starting. Some trolls were killing theirselves, not able to cope with the chaos that rained down on us mentally. Taeyeon and the coven had laghters and small bottles of gasoline. They started to burn the bodies. I looked back and everybody's faces were caked with blood, slashed even. Their jacket's showing some skin that were clawed or mauled. 
 
But I realized that the main enemy was not in the battlefield. Her unicorn lay on the ground dead. Yonghwa was biting it.Yoona looked at me with a curious look.
 
Yoona: What is it Taec?
 
Seohyun: Wae unnie?
 
Taeyeon and the others came closer. She had a scratch on her neck that was already healing. Sooyoung also sustained some claws to her back and arms, so did Hyoyeon, Tiffany and Sunny. But Yuri was not even touched by a creature. Nichkhun had sustained some minor injuries as well as the other pack memebers.
 
I searched the area. She wasn't there. I looked at Yoona and howled and ran to the east. Yong-joo realized what I have at the same time. She ran after me.
 
Yonghwa reverted back to human.
 
Yonghwa: Why?
 
Yoona looked at him.
 
Yoona: I think we're missing something.
 
Taeyeon: Yoona..
 
The othe pack members transformed.
 
Yuri: Our children.
 
Yoona ran after me too. So did Yuri and Nickhun. The others stayed behind to clean up after the debris the war has left. The ruins. But the main battle I have waited for did not take place there. Hyori was not there. She only caused a distraction. She did not care about us. She just used the army as a distraction.
 
I ran through the forest. Yoona and Yuri were jumping from tree to tree as Yong-joo and Nichkhun ran beside me. We reached the peak after two minutes.
 
And there she stood over an unconscious Jinwoon and a crying Baifern. Jr was ni her hands. She looked at him like he was a prize. A prize she can use for world domination.
 
Yoona: What have you done with Jinwoon?
 
Hyori: The power of the world in the palm of my hands.. Tell me Yoona..
 
Yoona's eyes were red with rage. Nichkhun and Yuri controlled the anger inside them. Yong-joo almost blew off the top of her head. And I could only look at Hyori with venom in my eyes.
 
Yuri: Let our children go. 
 
Hyori: No.. Not now.. not ever. Don't you want to walk freely in the world. No one, not a race would be out to get us. We could have the world for us. We are the apex kind. The supernatural, the mystic..
 
She had a point. But we can not let that happen. We are out to set the balance back and the scale into a balanced one too. We stand against her. Yoona's eyes held hell.
 
Yoona: No.. We were made to prot-
 
Hyori: Protect the ones who destroy our world. Your son..
 
She paced from side to side. She lifted Jinwoon to block out the sun.
 
Hyori: Your son is the one to destroy the balance forever. He will bring the world to us.
 
I transformed back into a human. Nichkhun and Yong-joo too. We didn't mind that we were . 
 
Taecyeon: How?! Tell me how!? You'll kill the humans?! Kill them all? Have you forgotten of our existence, the reason to it? You are an immortal, a guardian to the waters.
 
Hyori: You do not know a thing about me wolf!
 
Yoona backed up a bit. Nichkhun and Yong-joo were at my sides. Yuri was angry but crying at the back and Yoona comforted her.
 
Taecyeon: Why do you even need my son?
 
Hyori: My plans are vague Wolf.. You would not understand.. All this.. the War? All a play..
 
Yong-joo: Then why do you really need him?
 
Nichkhun: You ! You already are an immortal! What more do you need?
 
Hyori: You would not understand.. The nomads.. They understood. Killing a wolf and a vampire is the answer to restore the balance and killing the hybrid. But I do not want that.. I want to hold the balance.
 
I was hell of confused.
 
Hyori: The hybrid.. Your son, alpha. Your son is a born hybrid, but he can turn humans into hybrids. And they would be my servants. Servant to kill the world and ressurect it upon the ashes.
 
Yoona: Wae?! Why do you need to do this?
 
Hyori: All I want is a balance world. Without the humans. The world is rightfully ours.  And with the hybrids I am as immortal as them. Newborn hybrids ar destructive..
 
Nichkhun: And if you die.. Who would do your bidding?
 
Taecyeon: Who would?! Who wouold you feed to your hybrids? WHO?! Your plans.. They are stupid.. I- I can not let you do this. Not to my son.
 
Jin Young, as if on cue cried. Yong-joo cried too. She almost took a step forward but I stopped her. She cried too. Her heart she said feels like burning and jumping out her when Jr cries, she said to me one time.
 
Hyori: If I die, I would tie the life force of this Hybrid with me and take him to Elysium with me. The heaven of the gods. And his soul would be strong enough to kill a god up there. And We would kill them. Death is scared of us. Why do you think hybrids are not allowed to exist?
 
Then I realized. She can't. She can't tie her life force to Jin Young my son. She can't be immortal with him. Her plans, they have all gone to waste now. ong-joo has helped me more than I know. I was about to say it, but the realization travelled to Nichkhun an Yoona. And even Yuri and Yong-joo. All of us, the five of us who looked down. All looked up at the same time.
 
Yoona: But y-you can't.. Hah! Your plans Hyori, they have flawed. And failed you.
 
Hyori had a surprised and curious look on her face.
 
Nichkhun: Dumb ! You can't tie your life force with him anymore.
 
Yuri: He already tied it with another.
 
Taecyeon: You've failed Hyori.
 
Yong-joo: You have failed so much. 
 
Hyori looked at Jr again.
 
Yoona: Uhh his back. You might wanna check it. Guess your plan isn't full proof huh?
 
Yong-joo turned her back on Hyori. She showed the three claw marks that was branded onto her skin. I had a brand too but it's gone now. Seeing this, Hyori loked at Jr's back too. She looked at it with insane anger.
 
Hyori: ! this! You'll all die now.
 
She lunged at me. She threw Jr into the air. Yoona leaped into the air too and caught Jr and landed behind Hyori. Yuri ran for Baifern and tried to wake up Jinwoon. Nichkhun, Yong-joo and I transformed into a wolf again.
 
Then Hyori drew her sword. And I lunged at her. It all happened so fast.
 
She lay on the ground. Her body headless. Her head severed clean off her shoulders. Her eyes still blinking. She managed to say one last word.
 
Hyori; I would not die in vain..
 
Nichkhun and Yong-joo could not believe what they saw.
 
Yoona..
 
in front of me..
 
The edge of the sword sticking out my back and the hilt sticking out her back. She managed to have come between Hyori and I as we lunged at each other. The sword had gone through her back through her chest through my chest and through my back. The sword had pierced us both. Blood started to trickle down my back and chest.
 
Jinwoon woke up at the same time. Yong-joo held a crying Jr. and Jr. looked at us.I hugged Yoona and held the hilt of the sword at her back. I pulled it out. And kissed her. I gave her the kiss of my life. One last kiss.
 
Yoona: Saranghae.. Jin Young..
 
She looked at our son. Our son.. His eyes turned dark. His eyes full of rage. His nostrils had flared. I looked at him. The forever in his eyes was lost now. Replaced by hatred and resentment. From the looks of it, he understood what was happening all along.
 
And all started to fade. Nichkhun, Yuri, Yong-joo and Jr in her hands, Jinwoon and Baifern in her hands had rushed to Yoona and I. The others had arrived already. Nichkhun was shouting orders.
 
Nichkhun: Chansung! Yonghwa! Over here!
 
The world had fallen dark in our eyes. And all I could see was the faint smile that stayed still in Yoona's face. My solace, my moon, my love, my forever.. We had been stabbed together. And if this is our last stand together..I am still happy.. that even after this.. we will still be.. together.
 
 
 
 
To.. be.. CONTINUED..... ?
 
 
A/N: I wrote this story with a heavy heart. I could not write it at first. It was very hard for me guys. But do you thinks this is the end? I hope not. Do you hope not? I hope not.. :(