Nichkhun and His Son... ???

Between the Sun and the Moon

Previously:

 

We walked out the station and apologized to the station master. We drove to our house first expecting the siblings would be there and they were. We explained everything to them and they all explaimned to Jay. We all reconciled for the things we did and things we haven't.

Next we went to Jay's home. We were nervous at first as we knocked and held hands in front of their porch. The door swung open and we were greeted by his father with a stoic face thet immediately turned into a smile. The smile that was once gone. His father said.

Jin Young: Jessica, I told you he only needed time and that he would come back.

He said as he hugged his son and motioned his jand for me to join the hug. His face is now full of joy. His once barren face that was devoid of any emotion but sadness and anger and even anxiety is now full of joy. Jay accepts everything now. We walked out the house and his dad invited everyone to a barbecue. You know, he thought of it as a thanksgiving for the return of his son.

The pack and the coven had to hunt the meat though. They drained the blood so we could join in on the feast. Yong-joo wasn't present though. And now I realized that I wasn't the only one that pulled Jay back to us.But also it was his family, his pack siblings and his tribe. Now I know and inderstand when Taec said that our lives would never be the same again..

Because before the night ended.. we all.. were surprised.. and panicked by.. a piercing scream from..

Yuri: Ahhh!!!!!!! My water just broke!!!! The baby is coming!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

My what the moment has finally arrived.

My wife, Yuri is about to give birth to our baby.. boy? Yeah, she keeps on telling me that our baby is a boy. But I made a bet with her that our baby's gender wouldn't even be close to a boy. And that's how I like it. My baby girl, away from boys.

Jay: Yuri, Khun? Wth? I just got back and y'all are already taking my attention away from me.

It was funny though Yuri thought rather the opposite. We were carrying her to Chansung's truck when she glared at Jay and said.

Yuri: Then you shouldn't have even left in the...

She sighed. Probably of the pain.

Yuri: First.. place!!!

Jay hid behind Jessica.

We carried her and we all made a convoy to the hospial. The coven girls rode with their respective boyfriends and Tiffany rode on Junsu's harley. Except for Sooyoung who had to ride with Yonghwa and Seohyun since Yuri and I took up all the space in Chansung's truck. Nice truck, too bad it's gonna be messed up now.

Nichkhun: Seoul Gen. Chansung and step on it.

Chansung: But the traffic lights.. And the cops and speeding ticket..

Yuri glared at Chansung who was looking down on us from his rear view mirror.

Yuri: I'll step on you! If you don't step on it.

Chansung stepped on it alright. It felt like he had installed nitrous on his truck.

Nichkhun: Yuri ah.. Breathe.. Breathe.. Inhale exhale okay? Remember your breathing. D#don't push just yet. Arasso?

Yuri: I want this out of me!

Nichkhun: Aish. Yeobo, don't call our baby "IT."

Chansung: Hyung uh.. now's not the time to complain..

Smart little pup. Too bad he didn't tell me this earlier.

Yuri: I'll call him whatever I want to call him.

Nichkhun: Or her..

Yuri glared at me. Her eyes must've held the depth of hell cause I was sure scared as . My eyes got wider than usual and I looked at Chansung.

Nichkhun: Chansung! Are we there yet?

We arrived just in time. The nurses carried Yiri onto a bed.. that bed with wheels.. you know.. the ones they use on hospitals? Aish! There's no time to think! Remember? It's my what the moment?! Then a nurse asked.

Nurse: Weren't you here just five months ago?

Chansung: No. You must've lost count on time there nurse.

The nurse shrugged it off. Good thing Chansung took my look as a call for help when the nurse asked. Smart little pup.

Then another nurse asked as Taeyeon arrived and greeted me with a smile that was reassuring. She must've seen this face I had on a thousand times.

Other nurse: Uhh.. she weighs a ton. What is she carrying anyway?

Then Yuri looked at me with a face full of pain. Excruciating, deadly pain.

Yuri: A wooooooooolf!!!

It sounded like a howl. You must be here to hear this. Then she looked at me again. 

Yuri: Khun I swear to the gods if I die giving birth to your child I will kill you.

I gulped. It was the hardest gulp I have ever had. It was like gulping down a ball of solid concrete. I just held her hand tight and said.

Nichkhun: You'll make it Yul. Taeyeon.. ?

I nodded to Taeyeon.. 

Taeyeon: I'll take care of her.

Nichkhun: Yeobo do you want me there with you?

They were wheeling her in now into the laboring room. Chansung in tow.

Yuri: No. You'll just faint at the sight.

Nichkhunu Aish.. You'll do great!!!

Taeyeon said some final words before she closed the doors.

Taeyeon: Khun, will you wait here then?

Khun: mmh.. neh.

With that the doors closed to the laboring room and Chansung and I sat outside the waiting room. Waiting for the guys and the coven to arrive. Waiting for our baby to come out. Jay and Jessica together with the rest arrived in time. I was pacing the lobby outside the labor room uneasily. Worried. My face couldn't have hid the anxiety and worry in it.

Jay: Khun.. Don't worry.

Jessica: You're gonna make a path in the hospital's tiles if you pace uneasily.

I just looked at them with nervous eyes.

Yonghwa: Hyung.. Your face looks sour you know.. You'll get wrinkles.

Seohyun laughed at her mate's remark.

Sooyoung: Chansung wanna go and grab a bite?

Chansung: yeah sure. I've had enough of Yuri noona's screams of.. uhh joy... anyway?

He almost squeeled the word anyway.

He looked at me and I looked at him with a look that said that he was definitely not helping the situation in anyway whatsoever. Junsu let go of Tiffany's hand and held on to my shoulder. I looked at them. Then Tiffany spoke up.

Tiffany: Oppa, have a seat. You'll tire yourself out and if that happens you won't be awake when the baby comes.

Jinwoon: Yeah hyung. You won't get to see your baby if you pass out from anxiety.

Wooyoung: Chill hyung.

He turned to Junho.

Wooyoung: Let's go grab a cup of tea for him Junho.

Junho nodded in agreement to Wooyoung. He also asked Hyoyeon to join them. Then Sungmin and Sunny arrived.

Sunny: Did we miss anything?

Jay spoke up.

Jay: No, not much. except for Khun here who's wearing the hospital floors down.

Sungmin went closer to me and held on to my shoulder.

Sungmin: She'll be fine Khun.

But they were all wrong.

No one had foreseen what is going to happen next. I could just prepare myself for the unexpectable. That's how father's are supposed to feel right. But also as a husband, I ahould not be feeling this eerie feeling that's tic,ing me in a very strange.. odd way.

Like a premonition.

Of death.

When I fell asleep on the lobby's couches, I dreamt of Yuri when I passed out from exhaustion. She was walking with a baby in her hand on the field in our territory. I was a few feet away from her. She laid the baby down on the grass. The baby cried. She was starting to walk away. I ran to the baby and carried it. When I held the baby.. I was just so sure that the baby I am carrying right now is our baby.. girl. She kept walking away into the trees.. Her image was flicjering.. Fading. The baby cried and I called for her.

Nickhun: Yuri? Yuri? Yuri ah! Yul! Yeobo!

With every utter of her name she just walked away from us. With every step she took the baby's cry just got louder. When our baby's cry got to her. She was already half gone. She looked back at us and her eyes were as r-

A baby piercing scream woke me up. And Jay was shaking me.

Jay: She's here.

They all led me on by one shaking my hand and the girls giving me hugs al over before I got to Yuri. She was sweaty and her lower body was all drenched in blood.

Yuri: Yeobo.. Our baby.. girl.. She's.. here..

I cried as I saw our baby girl in her hands. Closed eyes but her lashes were long and curly. Her nose was straight and elegant like mine. Good thing she didn't have my eyebrows. Her lips were tight and pink like her mother's. Her ears were a bit larger than normal, a clear sign that she inherited her mother's ears. Yuri's head rested on my shoulder as she handed our baby to me.

Yuri: Baifern. Can that be her name? It's a thai name. I get to name her right. Since she's a girl.

I nodded my head, tears falling down my face. All exhaustion that was ganging up on me the past months have all been wiped away by our baby girl.

Nichkhun: Baifern, uri baby girl, you look like your mother so much. Uri aegi, you'll grow up into a beautiful woman. I lov-

A monotonous beep interrupted what I was about to say to our baby girl. Everyone came rushing in and I handed Baifern to Jinwoon. Our baby cried. And the scenes of my dream came back to me.

Yuri, walking away.. Fading.. Her image flickering and slightly glowing under the sun. Her skin cracking a bit.

Nichkhun: Taeyeon, what's gappening. Tell me.. Tell me!!!

I was shaking Taeyeon by the shoulders. She was hurt. Her neck turned a bit red. Then Wooyoung tackled me onto the wall.The wall cracked. He held my left arm and Junho held my right. Junsu choked my neck. The perfect stance to prevent a wolf from transforming. Then Jay walked up to my face and said.

Jay: Nichkhun, calm down.

Jay pinted at me with two fingers. When the alpha commands you have this urge to follow. But I felt what Taec felt now. I didn't follow his order right that moment in a snap just like that.

Nichkhun: Ahhh!

I roared. Yuri was dying. how could I calm down. The coven was now helping Taeyeon stand up.

Sooyoung: Umma, what's happening.

Taeyeon was still looking at Wooyoung reassuring him with her thous that she was just fine.

Hyo: Umma, is Yuri..

Taeyeon looked at me with apologetic eyes.

Taeyeon: She lost a lot of blood. She's dea-

Nichkhun: Wait! Wait!

Chunsung: Hyung..

Chansung was crying for me. Yonghwa also held Seohyun and Baifern in his arms. Jinwoon was comforting his sisters. Sooyoung was hugging Chansung from behind. Jeasica was crying on Jinwoon's shoulders and Hyoyeon was hugging Jessica. Sunny ws hugging Sungmin. I bowed my head. Let the tears fall. I thought of all the moments Yuri and I had.

The day we met in Thailand when I was visiting. She was a tourist. But my dad was a native. I was a Thai boy. The day we shared a bed. The day I imprinted on her. The day when it was so hard to explain everything to her. My being a wolf and all. The day we shared a home, a meal and a bed for the first time as man and wife. The day we knew she was pregnant. The day we shared our hopes and dreams. 

Dream.

I raised my head.

The idea was as crazy as it could get but it just might work.

Nichkhun: Wait just let me go. I have a.. crazy idea. That just might work.

Jay: are you calm enough now?

I nodded to Jay. They let me go. I walked over to Taeyeon and Wooyoung who walked faster than me towards her. He hid her behind him.

Woo: hyung don't make me push you again. I'll break every bone in you this time.

I looked at him. More like glared at him.

Woo: Just.. hehe.. just kidding.

Khun: let me talk to Taeyeon, Woo.

Taeyeon gripped Wooyoung's hand in approval of lwtting her talk to me. Everyone was curious as to what I would say. I told them about my dream before Yuri successfully delivered our baby. And how I was interrupted by our baby's cry.

Nichkhun: And when she looked back before I woke up. Her eyes were..

All were deep in thought. Sungmin got the idea first. Then Sungmin whispered to Sunny. Junsu and Tiffany got it at the same time. Taeyeon was deep in thought with Wooyoung hugging her. Junho was explaining to Hyoyeon that a wolf's dreams are sometimes premonitions to death. Yonghwa was explainging this to Seohyun and Jinwoon who still held baby Baifern.

Jay was also explaining the same thing to Jessica, Sooyoung and Chansung. Jessica looked at me as if the idea dawned on her. Jay held her hands as did Chansung to Sooyoung. He walked over to me. Jay and Chansung and so did the rest of the pack and the coven. Baifern cried in the arms of Jinwoon.

Jessica: Are you sure about this?

I was at Yuri's bedside. Her skin starting to turn cold and tough as I held her hand. How could our baby grow now without her beautiful mother? My wife. I cried again as soon as I started to calm myself down.

Jay: Are you sure Khun?

Junsu: This is crazy.

Tiffany: Aish you ahjussi wolf.

Yonghwa: KEKEKEKE. But yeah, this is totally crazy Khun hyung.

Wooyoung: Taeyeon would this...?

Taeyeon: I can't assure you guys though.

Sooyoung: But if you really want to...

Chansung: I can see this as the only way too.

Sungmin: Khun, Taeyeon needs your approval now.

Sunny: Yeah, that's the only thing umma is waiting for now

. I looked at them one by one as they said their arguments and statements or approvals and disapprovals.

Seohyun: Umma, wouldn't the uhh.. wouldn't it just rot her? She doesn't have enough blood to stream it into her heart to pump it all through out her body..

Jinwoon: She has. I can see it. It would be enough. But we would need to do it now though.

Vampires can see through the skin. Like heat seeking vision but only their vision could see where the blood flows most. Where the blood flows in the veins. How fast, how thick. Taeyeon looked at me asking me. And said. 

Taeyeon: Khun, do you want this? If we do this now there would be a good chance that she could.. live.

I was having my doubts. She could die. She could rot. Burn. But Baifern's cries said that I have to make a decision now. I could not let my daughter live without her mother.

I looked at Taeyeon and I noded in agreement.

Nichkhun: Do it now.

I took Baifern out the room. The pack had gone out too and so did the coven. The coven went out to hunt and uh... make preparations.They came back into the hospital uaing the back entrance with bottles full of dark red liquid. I fell asleep and so did Baifern. She nuzzled close to my chest and stopped crying.

I woke up again and everyone had tired faces plastered on their heads. Tight lips and contained smiles. Taeyeon took Baifern from me. An I walked into the room again when I stoop up from the couch from where Baifern and I slept. I walked inside looking down. Wooyoung: It's done hyung.

Jay: She's better ow Khun.

He hugged Jessica.

Jessica: It's.. It's the right choice. For baifern okay.

I lifted my head and looked at everyone who gave me a strong smile of reassurance. Chansung hugged me and so did the others we were locked in a massive group hug. But only her caught my eyes when I laid them on her.

Her back was slender and curvy. Her hair was long and blacker than ever. They handed me Baifern. The bottles of blood laid at her feet. Now empty. I could tell she was full enough not to be provoked by a newborn baby's smell. She turned around, her hair flowing. Her lips curled into a smile.

Nickhun: Our baby.. She's as beautiful as you.

I handed Baifern to her. She said.

Yuri: She'll be as strong as you my love.

The others came close to us now. They all hugged us. Baifern at the center. This was how it is going to be now. She is the center of my world now together with her mother.

Taeyeon: She transformed faster than planned. Since she is already dead. She transformed rifht away and completed her transformation in about fifteen minutes.

Wooyoung: She's full now hyung.

Jay: There is nothing to regrey now Khun. You have made the right decision.

Jessica: Right. She gave you another family member. And you gave us one.

Seohyun: Gomawoyo oppa.

Jinwoon: Neh hyung. Gomawo.

They all said reassuring thoughts to think about for me. They all supported me. And I really didn't have anything to regret. There is nothing to regret. At least she could be with me now when I hunt.

Yuri: Yeobo. Saranghae. I love you and Baifern.

Still not meeting her eyes I said.

Nickhun: Yuri-ah. I love you and our baby forever. Til i breathe my last breath.

Yuri: I can't say that though.

She looked me straight in the eyes and I looked back at her. She still had that loving look in them but her eyes told me that she was not human anymore. I remembered my dream. She was fading slowly. She was dying. She turned back. Yes she did. But her eyes now bore.. the color.. of her meal.. they were.. red.

 

To Be Continued..

 

The 411 on this Chapter. Baifern is an actress in Thailand. She is the Baifern I am referring to here. Here is a pic. This is what she'll grow up to be. Want a trivia? She'll imprint. Yeah she will.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Her name is Baifern Pimchanok. A Thai actress best known for her role in A Little Thing Called Love.

 

And Yes, Yuri is a Vampire now.

 

I Do not own any of the pictures okay?

 

Next Chapter: Yong-joo has Arrived and so Has the Baby Boy

 

Coming Soon: The Return and The Comeback of the New Alpha