Yong-Joo has arrived!

Between the Sun and the Moon

Previously:

 

Taeyeon: She transformed faster than planned. Since she is already dead. She transformed rifht away and completed her transformation in about fifteen minutes.

Wooyoung: She's full now hyung.

Jay: There is nothing to regrey now Khun. You have made the right decision.

Jessica: Right. She gave you another family member. And you gave us one.

Seohyun: Gomawoyo oppa.

Jinwoon: Neh hyung. Gomawo.

They all said reassuring thoughts to think about for me. They all supported me. And I really didn't have anything to regret. There is nothing to regret. At least she could be with me now when I hunt.

Yuri: Yeobo. Saranghae. I love you and Baifern.

Still not meeting her eyes I said.

Nickhun: Yuri-ah. I love you and our baby forever. Til i breathe my last breath.

Yuri: I can't say that though.

She looked me straight in the eyes and I looked back at her. She still had that loving look in them but her eyes told me that she was not human anymore. I remembered my dream. She was fading slowly. She was dying. She turned back. Yes she did. But her eyes now bore.. the color.. of her meal.. they were.. red.

 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
I've been running for days now. Maybe even weeks or months. It's been so long that I've lost count of the plans I overheard from The Alliance. That's what they call themselves now. An Alliance agains the Guradians, us and the Dead Walkers, the Cursed of the sun which apparently is the Coven.
 
I've been running to come back to the Pack to tell them all about this. But there's something, someone that's prolonging my way back home. Let's call it by the name of the elf Donghae. He's spotted me eavesdropping on the plan in the cave that night. And since then I've been hunted down by that elf.
 
Tonight hopefully I can come back home to the Pack. I've been running around the forest, under tree roots, sliding down ravines. Just to get hime off my scent. But this elf is persistent.
 
He's been ordered by the immortal mistress to hunt me down since I heard their plans of killing Taecyeon and Yoona's unborn child. The child they call hybrid which could be the end of us all since a hybrid is forbeidden to be sired. A hybrid is the last straw in tipping the scale and upsetting the balance. 
 
By this time Yuri must have given birth already. And In 3 weeks Yoona will too.
 
I was running through the night. The only light illuminating the forest was the silver light of the full moon above. Not a cloud in sight, the stars twinkling high above. I would have appreciated the scenery if it weren't for the fact that I was running away for my dear life.
 
I was running in my human form trying to conceal the smell of the wolf within me. My white shirt now tattered and caked with mud, my jeans almost in the same state as my shirt. And I got a feeling that this would be the day Donghae caught up with me. I ran and I heard his footsteps getting closer to me. But in the distance I could see a light, torches lit in the dark forest. I ran for it only to find the most repulsive, disgusting, smelly, ugly and annoying king of creatures of all.
 
Psy.
 
He was with a horde of trolls. Hundred maybe even thousands marching with him in lead. At my sight he almost lost his cool. Trolls, like dwarves and other small creatures are scared of wolves.
 
Psy: Well what do we have here? A she-wolf? Trying to make it back to your pack? You lost little ? Where'd you come from? 
 
He said almost smug. This little troll got the nerves. He looked behind my back.
 
Psy: I see you're being chased by who-
 
Then Donghae appeared in the middle of the heated stare down I was having with the troll king. He was smiling when he barged in on our uhh.. conversation so to speak.
 
He looked at me and said.
 
Donghae: Troll king.. You caught my prey for me. You eavesdropping .
 
Psy looked at him.
 
Psy: Oh is this the eavesdropper the immortal mistress wants dead?
 
I growled at Psy and he cowered behind his army.
 
Psy: Ah! You dare laugh at the troll king.
 
Yong-joo: You and your toy army. What are you gonna do? Bore us to death.
 
Psy was infuriated at me and drew his sword.
 
Yong-joo: Aww cut little knife. Does your mom know you're playing with it?
 
Psy was about to attack me but Donghae stopped him. The elf looked at me his eyes green and his skin green too. The runes around him glowed. Signifying that he was about to make a kill. A kill for the wild. I don't get the deal with these elves, they call themselver nature guards but now they're working for the immortal mistress. Her plans are just.. not what I think they really are.
 
Donghae: You'll die by our hands wolf. You and your kind.
 
My mind worked at his remark. What does he mean me and my kind? Maybe there really is more to the plan.
 
Yong-joo: What do you mean?
 
Then Psy brooke loose from Donghae's grasp and said with a little annoyance and a dash of fear from his voice.
 
Psy: Don't tell her. She's tricking us.
 
Donghae: No we'll let her know. After all.. her death and journeys will all e in vain and the regret in her would be much greater if she knew the whole plan.
 
I looked at them both, smoldered at them. Gave them a look of the wold inside me. My claws were coming out and mjy eyes turned the color of my wolf form. My fangs started to bite into my gums.
 
Donghae took a step closer to me and I stepped back.
 
Donghae: The hybrid is ours..
 
Taecyeaon and Yoona's child.
 
Yong-joo: Yes, to kill. And we can't let you do this. My pack and the-
 
Donghae: No. He's ours to be a weapon. Hybrids are an empty cup.
 
Psy: Don't you know your history wolf?
 
My mind was running at top speed now. I tried to recall the books I used to read when I was younger. The books appa had. About the Urbat and a hybrid.. and the hybrid being a.. I can't remember. And then Donghae spoke up again.
 
Donghae: Your mate's child will be our weapon. We've been hidden enough from the world that is rightfully ours. After we take the hybrid it will drink from us and be our pawn. A hybrid is indestructibel.. immortal.. and unkillable. The only thing to kill it is with the help of an immortal which is with us on our side. With you standing in our way.. you also will be eliminated with the human race. And then our kind.. the supernatural and paranormal will claim the city as ours..
 
Psy: Today Seoul, tomorrow the world.
 
And they are perfectly correct. Taecyeon and Yoona's child can only be killed by an immortal. And a hybrid is the key to the destruction of humans. Long ago, hybrids used to roma the wolrd uncontrollable of their hunger and lust. A hybrid can live on human and vampire food. A hybrid used to be a child of an angel and a human or another creature. Us being Urbats or wolves of heaven have created a hybrid with a vampire which is the main reason of the flood of Noah's time. 
 
God flood the earth to cleanse it of the impuritiies. Impurities being hybrids.
 
I had a look on my face that showed that I fully understood the plans of the Alliance. They would take Yoona and Taec's child let him or her drink of their blood and be against the race of which it did not come from. Which is a human.
 
Donghae: Do you not see ? The world is rightfully ours. We should no longer serve the humans. they only kill the world slowly.
 
Psy: The immortal mistress would welcome another kind. Will you join us?
 
Donghae looked at me with eyes of an ork. And ork is an elf that has done wrong to his duty to nature.
 
Donghae: Or will you perish with your kind.
 
He held out a hand to me. Asdking me to join them. Asking me to help them burn the world and resurrect it from the ashes better than what they see right now. But I see the world as perfect as it can be. I may not be happy with Taecyeon and his life choices and his destiny but I am happy. And being happy and contented with taht is better than having to live my life miserably. I'm still miserably in love with Taec. And wherever his love may lie, I will protect it. And now his love is in Yoona and his child.
 
I looked at Psy and Donghae and the troll army. I crouched down on all fours my knuckles kissing the moist forest floors.
 
Yong-joo: How about no.
 
At that I leaped in the air and so did Donghae as I lunged at him I transformed mid-air and twisted my body enough to reach his sword arm with my jaws and ripped his right arm clean off his shoulder. I landed on the other side of the army's defensive line. All were in shock. Psy was looking at me from afar and Donghae was screaming his lungs out. Psy had a clear look of terror in his eyes. The look of a prey I was about to eat. But then he shouted orders from the frount line.
 
Psy: Get the wolf!!!!
 
Donghae: No. You go march ahead toward the cave of the immortal mistress. It'll be a long march from here. You'll meet the half heading for the pack and the other would go for Taecyeon and Yoona. 
 
Donghae's shoulder spurted out blue blood. The blood of elves. I looked at Psy who was still scared our if his wits with what I did to the now left-armed Donghae. But Donghae still had the look of a predator in his eyes.
 
Donghae: I'll kill you .
 
I ran again as fast as I could. I ran for five straight hours, on the fifth hour Donghae caught up with me.
 
I was still in my wolf form when he leaped down from a tree with a perfect sommersault.
 
Donghae: Dead end she wolf.
 
I pushed tha last drop of adrenaline in my body. I lunged for the bleeding elf. He drew his sword but I guess he realized that he was too weak to attack and out of blood to live any longer. I bit his face clean off his skull. I crunched his head off. But I remembered that he drew his sword. And It's hilt was sticking out my left thigh.
 
I ran again. Away from my hunter. He has been my prey. I ran with what strenght I have left. I pulled out the sword from my left hind thigh and spit it out.
 
I could no longer hold my wolf form so I transformed back into my human form. I was without clothes since I transformed. I saw a creek nearby and maybe a drink would numb the stab wound I have sustained from Donghae's sword. And maybe I could wash it off too.
 
I walked or rather limped to the creek. Sat with my legs on my side. I scanned my body, I had a stab wound to my left thigh, two slashes on my right shoulder and three slashes under my left .
 
It hurt but I could hold onto it. At least til I reach the Pack. Taecyeon and Yoona must hold on till we get to them. I just hope the pack is open enough to accept them back now.
 
I had a drink from the creek. It was cool and clean, I could even see my reflection. I washed my hair and my wounds. My left ached a bit from the cold water. I looked at my reflection again but this time another person's face appeared.
 
I jumped back in fright. Then four girl figures rose from the creek. The four girls had water-like skin. Their skin was literally made of water. And their hair colored like the snow and their ice like the clouds and the sky. And good thing was, they were as as I was. Only a thin mist covering their uhh.. most private part.
 
One spoke up. She looked like the leader of them. I don't know what they are yet. Good thing the eldest looking one spoke up.
 
Gyuri: We are nymphs. I am Gyuri, and these are my sisters.
 
Seunggyeon: I am Seunggyeon.
 
Hara: I am Hara.
 
Jiyoung: and I am Jiyoung. We are the nymphs of this creek.
 
Yong-joo: are you with the Alliance.
 
They all nodded in disapproval.
 
Yong-joo: Then what do you want from me?
 
They all looked at me. Eyed me with no suspicion at all. If there was something in their eyes, it was pity. Seunggyeon lifted my arms and hands that was covering my s and private part.
 
Gyuri: She wolf. You are the one the elf is hunting down right?
 
Yong-joo: How do you know?
 
Hara: The elf, he visits us. He violates us and the creek.
 
I looked at them again and realized they had red welts on their wrists. Donghae must've forced himself upon them.
 
Jiyoung: We were nymphs til Donghae came. He violated our sanctuary.
 
I gave them the look of pity they gaveme first and realized I have done something that might cheer them up. It would help if I cheered them up since, I don't kinow what they might do to me.
 
Yong-joo: I've killed him you know. He won't bother you again.
 
Gyuri: Is this tru moon child?
 
Seunggyeon: I told you Gyuri. The wolves have no turned their back on their duties. They still are the Hounds of Heaven.
 
Yong-joo: Are you part of the Alliance?
 
Hara: No we are not moon child But You did us a favor. A favor we did not ask you for.
 
Jiyoung: You're bleeding. We should heal her unnie.
 
Jiyoung said to her eldest sister.
 
Gyuri: We are thankful of you moon child. You have favored us and we can repay you. 
 
They held hands and encircled me. Chanted in a language that I did not understand and place a hand over each wound, bruise or scar I have had or sustained the past month or so. Their eyes glowed and after they lifted their hands from my wounds. They were all gone.
 
Gyuri: This is a thank you gift from us.
 
I looked at her. She was serious. But the other three obviuosly loved to smile.
 
Hara: This is the best we could do.
 
Jiyoung: We know that you need help for the army that is stirring and marching towards you to raze your territory of the wold kind.
 
Gyuri: And sadly the vampire kind too.
 
Seunggyeon: But us nymphs, we are peaceful. War was never part of our beings or personality.
 
Hara: But we have healed you more than you should know.
 
I didn't get the last part Hara said. But I thanked them.
 
Yong-joo: Kamsahamnida nymphs. But I have to go now.
 
Gyyuri: Yes you should your family is close.
 
Yong-joo: But what if the army towards us see you? What would happen to you?
 
Seunggyeon: Worry not of us moon child. We can hold them for you. I believe your pack and the coven have much to learn to fight this army.
 
Gyuri: As for us, we can hold out for ourselves. Take care now moon child.
 
I leaped back and tranformed into a wolf again. The four waved me goodbye. And I bowed my head and howled to the moon. A salute to the hymphs.
 
I ran towards the west but from afar I could hear Gyuri say. In a very cryptic voice.
 
Gyuri: We have healed you for the better Yong-joo.
 
I looked back but I could not see them anymore. They must have vaporized back into their creek.
 
I ran again. For 8 straight hours. On the seventh hour the sun was with me. It followed me. It lit up the forest and the tired look on my face. 
 
From afar I could see my finish line. Topless guys and several female and a male vampire. The pack and the coven. Yonghwa sitting hand in hand with Seohyun. Jay back hugging Jessica. Junsu and Tiffany kissing. Junho, Sungmin, Sunny, Hyoyeon, Chansung and Sooyoung running around. And Nichkhun. He's holding a baby. A baby girl. Wow, he must have won their bet. From the smell of it I didn't recognize only one. Nichkhun passed his baby girl to Jinwoon and Wooyoung and played with her. The He kissed a female vampire. Could it be? Then what the hell happened to Yuri?
 
Then I ran and revertad back to my huma form. From afar I could see Yonghwa run towards me. i was starting to lose consciousness. Maybe the exhaustion build up inside and started to blow up a lik a surpise right now.
 
Yonghwa: Noona..
 
Jay: Chansung, Your truck now! Let's get Yong-joo back to the Jungs. 
 
Wooyoung: Call your mom Seohyun. We might need her.
 
Chansung and the other pack members carried me to Chansungs's pick up truck after Yonghwa covered me with Seohyun's jacket.
 
Jessica: Oh god Yong-joo. Where have you been all this time?
 
Sooyoung: Yong joo yah..
 
The I out.
 
When I came to my senses again Taeyeon's smile was there to greet me. I tired to get up but Taeyeon warned me not to yet. Then the girls of the coven came in. Jessica led them throught the doors of my room. Then the boys, our boys came in. Chansung was the first one to speak up.
 
Chansung: Noona! You're awake!
 
Junho: Noona! 
 
The pups all said and jumped and clapped at the same time. They looked like retarded seals.
 
Then the sound of a flushing toilet came from my bathroom and Yonghwa walked out. He was waipping his hand on the handkerchief I told him to always carry around. All eyes were on him and I looked at him with the eyes of a wolf. I glared at him. My eyes turned to slits as I said.
 
Yong-joo: What. did. you. do. in. my. BATH. room. ?!
 
He gave me the same intense look.
 
Yonghwa: Took a dump. It's hard waiting for uh.., never mind.
 
Then Seohyun came close to me and whispered in my ear. 
 
Seohyun: Unnie, he was waiting for you to wake up. He hasn't left you since you passed out.
 
Then I looked at Taeyeon.
 
Taeyeon: It's been a day.
 
Then I looked at Yonghwa with the same intense look and slit eyes. But then softened to the thought of him being by my side til I wake up. Then I smiled at him with a hint of gratitude in my smile I missed my brother. Annoying little wolf. But he still is my brother.
 
Yonghwa: Noona, stop giving me that look.
 
He walked over to Seohyun and held her hand.
 
Yonghwa: But I miss you too. Don't hide it. I should know. I'm an empath remember.
 
Yong-joo: Okay aegi dongsaeng. Arasso.
 
Then Nich came in with their baby in his hand.
 
Nichkhhun: I'm sorry to interrupt your noona-dongsaeng talk but I want you to meet Baifern YulKhun Horvejkul. 
 
He handed me baby Baifern. Wow she really looked like a perfect miz of Nich and Yuri's features. Her smile could brighten the whole room. Baifern laughed a little and held my nose and we all laughed. I gave her back to Nichkhun and asked what bugged me since I passed out.
 
Yong-Joo: where's... Eodiseo Yuri ah?
 
Where was Yuri and who was that girl Nich kissed on the field.
 
Then a vampire girl walked in. 
 
Yuri: Yong-joo yah, I'm here. Wae yo?
 
Yong-joo: But Who was.. But.. Aish.. 
 
Wooyoung: Let me explain.
 
Wooyoung explained everything to me. From the couples that happened whenever I was out uhh.. helping Taec. Maybe I'll tell them later. He explained how Jay came back and Jessica's uh.. stupid? Yeah let's call it that, her stupid suicide attempts. And baby Baifern's birth.
 
Woyoung: And when baby Baifern here was being labored for..
 
Nich interrupted Wooyoung.
 
Nichkhun: Yuri and I will take it from here Wooyoung.
 
Nichkhun and Yuri explained everything to me up to this point. One person pitching in details as the other one told the story. Nichkhun explained that Yuri dide giving birth to Baifern and the only thing to save her was to turn her. She transformed noticeably faster than Yoona since she was alreaady dead when they transformed her. There wasn't enough blood to stream against the venom to spread around. And the Vampire Venom did not have much left to kill in her body since she's already dead that time.
 
Yuri: It's a lot to process we're sorry Yong joo yah.
 
I just hugged her since she was seated next to me bed.
 
Yong-joo: Yeah.. And if you javen't come in on time I would have strangled Nichkhun here cause I didn't recognize you at first when I arrived at the field..
 
We all laughed a good laugh. We needed it. And it might be our last laugh together. Then Juns spoke up untangling his fingers from Tiffany's grasp.
 
Junsu: Speaking of the field.. What happened there? Why were you all battered up and tired?
 
Sungmin too spoke up.
 
Sungmin: Yeah, where were you all this time?
 
Sunny: Where were you going?
 
I looked at Taeyeon. She knows. She visited them once too. To look at the condition of Taec and Yoona's baby.
 
Junho: And noona, why have you been constantly away.
 
Then Jay looked at me. He smiled and signaled me that it was my time to explain. Good thing he's come back to the pack.
 
I explained where I was going and why and who I was helping. Taeyeon helped explaining too. Wooyoung nodded with every story. The rest also listened to me carefully. But I took it from there when I explained about the Immortal Mistress first plan and the Real plan. That half would be going after Taec and Taec was protecting us all this time. He already knows this would happen. Half was heading towards us. And we didn't have enough knowledge on how to kill those creatures. I even told them about the nymphs.
 
Yong-joo: Half is coming our way. So that there won't be any help for Taecyeon and Yoona. I could tell Taecyeon using my telepathy but unfortunately something is blocking my mind. My telepathy is no good anymore. 
 
Jessica: Maybe the elf magic Donghae left still lingers around you. He may have blocked your telepathy.
 
Jessica looked at me with a different look though. And we both had the same thought when I mentioned the nymphs. And that they healed me.
 
Yong-joo: What now..
 
They all had a grimm look on their face.
 
Junho: How do we kill them then?
 
Everybody looked at him.
 
Junho: The way I see it we need to train now and if ever we can kill them earlier than possible we could still track Taecyeon hyung and Yoona.
 
Jay spoke up too.
 
Jay: Right. Junho is right. Arasso. How far is the army Yong joo?
 
Yong-joo: Three weeks. Around the time Yoona would give birth.
 
They all had a hopeful look on their faces now. Too bad the moment was killed by Yonghwa. Annoying little brothers do that don't they?
 
Yonghwa: But we still don't know how to kill them. And haven't we noticed the creatures that aren't near us anymore. They're a lot to kill.
 
Seohyun: I'm afraid to say it but Yonhwa is right.
 
Sooyoung: Yeah he.., he.. he is. It's easy tro kill some elves.
 
Chansung: Even dwarves.
 
Hyoyeon: But how about the undead kind. And some of the creatures we haven't encountered yet?
 
Tiffany: Right. Yong-joo mentioned some... foxes. Foxes right?
 
She looked at me for confirmation.
 
Jessica: Foxes.. and the Fae.
 
Sungmin: Trolls too. The troll kind might be scared of us but they put on one hell of a fight when on is not knwoledgeable of how they are killed.
 
Sunny: Ghouls, goblins, poltergeists. Those are really hard to kill you know.
 
Taeyeon: We might not even stand a chance. 
 
Wooyoung hugged her.
 
Wooyoung: And we're greatly outnumbered.
 
We were all deep in thought.
 
Nichkhun: What then?
 
Yuri: Do we fight or flight?
 
We were all thinking of another plan. Then we all realized at the same time that the only one who didn't pitch in the arguement was Jinwoon. He stood up from the chair near the window. He was azing out the window. And said.
 
Jinwoon: If I may umma..
 
He looked at Taeyeon. Taeyeon nodded.
 
Jinwoon: Before I transformed, I was a Korean War veteran. And in my time I have ebcountered all of these. No one said the the South won over the North all because of HUMAN soldiers. I was a vampire already that time. Leeteuk appa and I fought the war. And with us being vampires. We could not help but draw attention to us from the other worldly.
 
Jay: So you can teach us right?
 
Jinwoon nodded.
 
Jinwoon: Three weeks before they arrive you say? Three weeks to train and Taecyeon hyung and noona.They might arrive earlier you know Yong-joo noona. 
 
I nodded.
 
Jinwoon: We should start training then. If they come earlier. Then we could beat them earlier. And we could track Taecyeon hyung and noona earlier. We could just hope they could stall the army from reaching them until we locate them.
 
Jay: Okay then. Tomorrow. Training. For.. as hard as it is.. I have to say it right? We're training for war.
 
They were right. All right. Jinwoon's plan might even work. Crazy but it just might work. Jay ordered us to sleep in early. But how could I sleep that night when Yonghwa's room was right next to mine and Seohyun slept over. I could hear moans and screams and Yonghwa howling. The bed from the Yonghwa's room was knocking on the wall that divided our rooms. I had to bare with it the whole night since vampires and wolves have greater stamina than humans.. Yonghwa and Seohyun banging was only one reason I couldn't sleep. 
 
Another is the reason that tomorrow we would be training for war. The scale is unbalanced. The balance is upset. I could just hope that Taecyeon and Yoona could hold on a little while longer. Before.. the Alliance.. catches up.. with.. them.
 
To Be Continued..
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Next Chapter: The Return and the Comeback, the Arrival of the Baby Boy
 
Coming Soon: Imrpinting is Troublesome