The Nomads' Hunt and the Start of a Deadly Friendship

Between the Sun and the Moon

Previously:

Yoona said something in her mind "Taecyeon, I can't resist it anymore. I've waited my human life for someone to feel the way i feel right now towards me. And I think you have this. You made me feel complete. I love you. But we can't be together. We'll be upsetting the balance. But this is a shot in the dark."

Yoona blushed. And looked straight into my eyes

Yoona: probably?

She chuckled sweetly.

Taec: let's go back to class then?

Yoona: yeah we should probably go to our class now.

We were off to a good start. Bad for my relationship with Yong-joo. But one thing was clear now. Yoona, was in love with me. I love Yong-joo, but I need Yoona. Love is tearing me to shreds. In pieces. But it seemed like Yoona was picking my pieces up and putting them back together. And I was allowing her. And I wanted to do the same for Yong-joo. But I can't.. I was more in love... with a vampire.. I.. was.. in love.. with Yoona.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yoona and I agreed to meet along the highway connecting the west wolf territory to Seoul. On the way there we would meet. Before we went to our last class, we made sure that no one would follow us tonight. I would tell the pack I had the intention of helping her rather than the pack. I still loved Yong-joo, but Yoona, Yoona is my life now. She is the blood that runs through my veins , the air in my lungs.

I might be cheesy at this point but I guess this is how you would feel when you are in love. Class ended early today. And my night was about to start. Yoona was in my last class too, with Yong-joo and the rest of the pack. It was exhausting. I looked at Yoona from the back seat. And I heard her thoughts again.

Yoona: *in her thoughts* Taec, this night, it's crazy. How can you help me like this. I'm turning into a monster while you help me.

The bells rang and it snapped me out of hearing Yoona's thoughts. I walked out the building and waited for the guys at my car. This range rover had been through a lot. We' the pack, have had so many experiences here. I was standing near Junsu's Harley at the parking lot when he arrived. Junsu: hey Taec. sup man? Taec: yah Junsu. let me borrow your harley for tonight.

Junsu: wae-yo?

Should I tell him. Should I tell him that I've imprinted on a half vampire and helping her transform into one by letting her hunt on our grounds. Should I tell a pack member, the pack which is also my family?

Of course.

I did not.

Taec: uhh.. pack business. Beta wolf business.

I tossed him my keys and snatched the keys out of his hands.

Junsu: yah!!! Taecyeon!!!

He shouted as I revved the Harley and sped out campus.

Then Yonghwa and Yong-joo arrived next to Junsu. I could hear them and they could even hear me a mile away, this is possible because of our inhuman super-hearing. And you thought we only had wolf telepathy.

As a human we still posses the strength, hearing, taste and the sight of a wolf. I know. Cool. Yonghwa: where's he heading?

Nichkhun: Junsu, you are so screwed.

He arrived with Chansung, Wooyoung, Junho and Sungmin in tow.

Junsu: Nich, stop telling me I'm screwed, you being married early. I know that you know very well the meaning of screwed.

Everyone: kekekekekekekeke. Then Jay arrived. Jay: oh where's my beta at?

Junho: left with Junsu's harley. don't know where.

Jay: oh yeah. gave him an assignment.

Yonghwa: what assignment?

Chansung: surveillance detail on the east coven.

Yong-joo was there and I could hear her thoughts having doubts on my true destination.

At this point I know this hunt trip with Yoona isn't going to be easy. I was along the road to the forest. Feeling the wind ruffle my hazel hair. Tasting the scent of different kinds of animals. I smelled the scent of a pregnant lamb a mile into the forest and heard the roar of a mountain lion, the yawn of a grizzly cub and the thoughts of a vampire.

Wait, what!?

Something, someone was walking' no running and jumping, gliding along the trees at the speed of the harley.

Yoona:*in her thoughts* is this a date? this is absurd Yoona stop thinking of this as a date. this is just a hunt with a new found friend. your sisters won't mind. Appa and Eomma are even aware of this trip. text. yeah i texted them that i was going to be late out and hunt. they agreed right yoona. they said not in the west. but.. oh god yona yah!!!!

She stopped in a tree and I had to turn around and find her up there. She stopped when she heard me blowing the harley's horn.

Taec: we can stop right here now and hunt if you want to.

I shouted from down the road, she looked at me with those doe eyes as if asking if what we were doing was wrong.

Yoona: mm.. neh.

It was awkward as . She jumped up from about an eighty foot tree and dropped to the ground as if she were the first fallen leaf in autumn. I had to speak up before she shied away from me.

Taec: Ok Taecyeon imnida! We started off in a rough start. Let's be civil and introduce ourselves again. I said holding my hand up for a shake in the process. She stared at me for a second with a stoic face.

That stoic face that I wanted to......

Taec! Get a hold of yourself!

Then she smiled.

Yoona: Park Yoona imnida. East Coven vampires. Third among the youngest. I'm new to this? kekekeke

She laughed not knowing what to say anymore.

Taec: so yeah. I asked you here to hunt right but let's not forget our deal ne chingu.

Yoona: neh, ne chingu.

Taec: let's hike up a mile north this forest. Cape silverback is there. We'll make that our rendezvous point arasso?

Yoona: yeah.

We hiked up in silence for a whole solid minute.

A whole solid, dreadful, awkward minute.

Then to my surprise, she broke the ice.

Yoona: so you're a wolf?

I turned to look at her and answered.

Taecyeon: Yeah. Yoona: mmm.

Let me tell you and Yoona some of the history of my tribe. Or my kind 

Taecyeon: We are the concept of the werewolf.

She looked at me expectantly. Probably waiting for me to continue my story. And here we go again.

Taecyeon: We a called the Urbat, direct translation, Guardians from Heaven. My kind was sent to earth by the gods..

Yoona: The. God?

Taecyeon: no. let's not dwell into the higher power. Anyway.. We were sent to earth to look after it, til the day the box of Pandora was opened.. All other creatures including your kind was released. And we are here to keep these guys at bay. At first we were only wolves until our kind fell in love with humans. That is where our kind's fall started. We rebelled against the gods in an attempt to protect ourselves and our human mates. We imprint...

I was careful in saying the word.

Taec: on our mate. We don't get to choose, it just happens. She was staring at me.

Taec: the gods decided to leave us here and never let us return until it was time. We were immortal back then until slowly our immortality ebbed of our skin. We gain entrance through death. We were left here to protect our kind, and those of our jurisdiction. It included your territory long time ago til your kind rebelled against us and your kind fell off our grasp. Thus the treaty.

Yoona was new to this, she was hearing this for the first time. Her family hasn't told this to her yet. She was as clueles as a newborn.

Which she is.

Taec: the treaty contains the division of the lands for the living and the dead or undead.

Yoona: ooooookay.

Taec: that's it.

Yoona: you haven't told mr anything about yourself though. I looked at her, she was having this smile of a four year old.

Taec: I'mm the only son of Ok Taec Sung and Kim Min Yeon, former alpha family til Jaebeom challenged my father for leadership.

Yoona: thus Taec Yeon. :-)

She smiled in victory after her correct conclusion. I didn't smile the whole way. I was just being civil with her. I was controlling all my emotions towards her despite knowing what was in her mind since the... uhh.. Cape Silverback incident. Yoona was still smiling at me. She had thus innocence of a kid.

Yoona: so how old are you?

Taec: I'm 19.. Should I ask? It says that on dates women don't like to be asked about their age, but this wasn't a date right?

I realized she was talking again.

Yoona: I'm 17. Maybe forever.

Here is the funny part. When wolves imprint we kinda get affected by our mates life force, but since Yoona has none and she would live forever.. I would live forever. Yoona had a sad look on her face, a million thoughts running through her head and a million thoughts were running into mine.

She was sad that she might live forever young as she watched the world age... She was afraid that I would die. This girl was crazy for me, and I am clinically insane for her.

Yoona spoke up again after a brief silence.

Yoona: I was a coma patient in the hospital where Leeteuk appa works. I was there for the duration of my life... I had parents, I was in a coma since the age of four. They put me in life support for a long time. Leeteuk is my paternal great great great grandfather apparently. He had a son when he was still a human. But his wife was scared when she found out that her husband was turned into a vampire when he was dying of the plague. I looked at her. So they were really related. Yoona: My parents died, without me having even a vague memory of them. When I turned 17, yeah that was the time they died. Of a car crash. Leeteuk appa took pity on me. And turned me, and here I am. Still in the process of having a new... uhh life?

Taec: I'm sorry.

Yoona: It's okay. IS this the cape? I was so into her story that I didn't notice we were already there.

Taec: oh yeah, this is it. Cape Silverback.

Yoona: wow, from up here the river looks well.. silver.

And she wss correct again.

Taec: my ancestor named this cape. This is an untouched unseen, for the humans, area of the Han River.

I looked at her, she was very amused.

Taec: this will be rendezvous point, forest is packed with game. will this be your second feed?

Yoona: third. She said holding three fingers.

Oh yeah, she fed on my blood.

Taec: oh yeah.. sorry. let's go?

She put her attention back to me. Then she looked at me with those eyes that held innocence.

Yoona: I actually don't... know... how... to hunt. My first feed was, because I was compelled.

Taec: cause of the attack? 

At least she opened up for what I really dealed with her for. The hunting activities of the nomads. This disrupts our treaty. And they might force us to fight and tip the balance. Which we've already done though.

Yoona: actually, they attacked because I attacked first. I was dead before I was bitten and my first night as a newborn. They were just passing through.

Taec: oooh..

I wasn't mad. I understood her. And I was sad though that I wasn't able to do something for her at that time of her life. The exact same feeling Yong-joo has for me.

Taec: I'll hunt for you then, I'll teach you during hunt too.

Yoona nodded in agreement.

Taec: could you turn around then?

Yoona: wae?

Taec: I didn't bring extra clothes. I need to strip these off and you'll hold them when we go hunt.

Yoona: mmm.. neh.

She turned around, and i stripped my clothes and slid them to her feet. As soon ad she picked my clothes up. I smelled the air, touched the ground and crouched on all fours and transformed into a silver-furred wolf. Yoona looked at me as she turned around in awe. She stepped closer to me and held the fur on the side of my neck.

Yoona: you're... beautiful.

I picked her with my snout and let her ride my back. She held on to the for near my nape and I ran. We spotted a grizzly bear and i pounced on it biting it in the jugular. Yona went down from my back and started to sip in the bite I made for her. Her eyes turned from hazel to bloody red. She dropped my clothes when she went down from me. I put on my underpants and jeans.

Taecyeon: are you full now?

Yoona looked at me with eye smiles.

Yoona: yeah. Kamsamnida

She made a deep bow.

Teac: yah! Park Yoona! Hajima!

I grabbed for her shoulders and held her up to look straight into my eyes.

She was looking down on me from the height of which I held her.

She was shocked.

Then her gaze softened and so did mine. I held her lower.

She touched my cheek. She couldn't reach for my hair so she stood up on my shoes. She held my hair, my ears.

She was moving closer to me. The sensation of butterflies in my stomach came to me, fireworks in the sky were openly firing even thought there were really none. The feeling of kissing Yong-joo for the first time came to me again.

Is this wrong?

She moved closer.

This is wrong.

Yong-joo yah! Saranghanda!!!!

She closed her eyes.

I closed mine.

From afar a piercing high-pitched scream was heard. We both looked towards the source of the scream.

We shyed away from each other. I sniffed the air and took a whiff of.. human blood near the West-East border.

I looked at Yoona and we ran towards it. She had super speed but I was faster than her. I was crouching down on a human teen. She was sliced at the jugular, bleeding to death. All Yoona and I can do is look.

She was trembling in fear. I held her by the small of her back and she hugged me. She was new to our world and she needs to get used to this.

From afar I could hear voices saying..

Seunghyun: a wolf and a vampire.. odd.

Taeyang: yeah. you think they're together?

Daesung: tch.. impossible.

Seungri: Seunghyun, he looks like he's protecting the newborn.

Seunghyun: yeah. that girl should watch out for that wolf. he might imprint on her and upset the balance. if that happens, they both will be targets.. of everyone.

Taeyang: we might be nomads.. unterritorial. but we do not upset the balance wolf.. I know you can hear us.

At that remark I looked towards their direction and they were looking at me. I was gonna speak up but they left.

Yoona: oppa wae?

She ws looking at me like a kid again and I can't help but feel guilty and protective at the same time..

We are tipping the scale and upsetting the balance..

Yoona: ah oppa! wae? why are you looking at me like that?

She caled me oppa again. We just became friends but she's already dropped honorifics with me. With the nomads and all I think i should be closer to her now.

Taec: Yoona-yah.. we're friends right?

Yoona: mmh! neh!

Yoona, if you could only read my thoughts. I need to protect you now. I need you too. We're tipping the scale but even if we fall off the balance I'll catch you and fall with you.

I need to let go of my inhibitions now.

I need to take the risk.

I need to let go of my love for Yong-joo.

I need to be with you.

Yoona: oppa, let's go home.

Taec: yeah. we should go home now. should i go with you or..

Yoona: anniyo.. I can go home by myself. I'm a grown up vampire now Taec: no.  not yet. I'll send you home. We drove off into the night. I let her off near the border of our territories. We said our goodbyes.

Despite the night ending, we started a friendship. A very dangerous friendship. We can't let anyone know of our feelings. I can't let the pack know of my mate. Even though Yong-joo knows, how come she hasn't told anyone yet?

Yong-joo yah, mianhae. I need to be with my true mate. I got home and went to sleep... hoping that.. tomorrow... things might get better... though I.. am gravely..... wrong.

 

To Be Continued..

Next Chapter: The Wolf plays with the Night Child... The Transformation and Complications of a new born Vampire.

Coming Soon: The Pack and the Covens and the aftermath

 

Bonus!: Here's an alternative view of the main image. 

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAmaGMLZzG3wHkPx7O6wrMPeRF0KnMoxrwX3Awll1qymEjn8cg9Q