7 Years, Onwards and Forever

Between the Sun and the Moon

7 years have past..

As I was looking out the window as I sat in the couch. I look 19 but I'm just 7.

The sword of time has put its toll on me. I have grown mature, fully mature. Apparently my kind, yes my own kind, I am the only one in existence. And I have no parents to explain this. They are technically alive, but to me they can never be as dead right now.

The sword of seven was used by Hyori to pierce right through both of them. They "died" together. And for the seven years that they have slept I think it's time to give up on finding the cure to wake them up. The sword of seven puts a seven-year time curse to those who are touched by it. Never lethal but to me it can be as lethal as it gets. It took my parents away from me.

The pack members carried them here. Our house is as grimm as ever. For the past seven years, the only thing alive in this place is the love blooming between Yong-joo and I and Baifern and Jinwoon's. Baiferns looks 19 too. She aged as fast as me since her mate is already fully matured age 19 in appearance her life force hastened her physicaly growth. And Yong-joo looks 19 and so do I. I stopped aging at the age my parents stopped aging. Yong-joo explained this to me on my seventh birthday when I reached full maturity.

She said that when a wolf imprints, the life forces are tied. And as long as one is alive the other will stay still too. This imprinting is what got the pack immortality, every member has imprinted on a vampire and Yong-joo has imprinted on me. The hybrid. I don't blame my parents for this. I just, miss them.. Appa and Umma.. I miss how they would hunt to feed me. How umma and appa try not to wake me up but I still do.

I miss them. Today it would be the seventh year, officially since they died. We can't bury them though. Every family member, coven and pack members agreed not to. I, of course, agreed not to. She walked over from the kitchen holding a cup of coffee for me and her. She set it on the table. She sat opposite me. She was wearing a white shirt and shorts.

Yong-joo: You thinking of them again?

I nodded. I looked at her and we smiled at each other.

The guys were here too. We were preparing for another day of uhh..  expectations. The pack members arrived with happy faces. They always did, they always tried to cheer me up.

Jay held hands with Jessica. They all acknoledged me with an attempt at a cheerful face.

Jessica: Hey Jr.

She smiled at me.

Jr.: Anyeong noona.

Jay and Jessica were the ones who took care of me. My grandparents died over the course of the seven years and they were my parents for the mean time. They beliebved that my parents would come back. For a reason they can't explain just yet.

Junho and Hyoyeon walked in with the others. Over the seven year time nothing much has changed. I can't say everyone aged a bit cause we were all frozen in time at our ages. Not that I don't want it. I want it, Yong-joo and all. But wouldn't everything be better if my parents were here too?

Chansung: Sup Taec Jr?

Wooyoung: Sup buddy?

Jr.: Not much just playing the waiting game again..

Junho: C'mon man don't be like that.. 

Jr.: Why can't I? Don't I have all the reasons to be like this? All the right in the world to be like this?

Sungmin: Jr..

Jr.: No samchon. Anniyo!

Yong-joo stood up and rested her hands on my shoulders. She hugged me from the back. And I sank into her arms. She looked at them and nodded. Signaling that I wasn't in the mood. Well again. She was my savior and solace and light in every darkness I have. She was the one who would be there when I would have nightmares. She would run from downstairs and up to my room to hug me to sleep. It was a good feeling, but wouldn't it be beter if umma and appa did that?

I held the doorknob, it was cold. Like arctic cold. Or the coldness my parents have left me in for seven years without their warmth.

It was time now. For us to check on them. We laid them in their room. We all walked up and I opened the door.

Jay: Be strong buddy.

He placed his hand on my shoulder despite the commotion we had downstairs. 

They were there. Wearing the same tattered clothing they were in when the war started. The war I was the reason it started. Junho hyung and Chansung hyung gave me a look that was expectant.

We've had happy times, we've even had parties as I grew up with them. But at the end of the day I would end up in my room thinking of my parents.

They were breathing as if they were in heavy sleep. They look like the same. Beautiful. We just looked at them. Every year was like this. We would wait til the next day.

Yong-joo: Jin Young-ah..

I clenched my fists. It was just about time I give up on this..

Jr.: Why do we even bother?

Sooyoung: Jin young it's the seventh year.. We could wait.. It's just..

I looked at Sooyoung noona with eyes of a wolf in the color of a vampire's gaze. 

Jr.: Just what? Another time delay caused by that stupid sword? I give up okay? I'll never see them again. Let alone talk to them. It's all my fault.

Yong-joo put her hand on my shoulder again. I just shrugged it off. The pack was in disarray since our alpha is "out of commission."

Jay: Jin young.

Jr.: No!

I was getting red with rage. Angry. Mad. Crazy. I would have these tantrums sometimes. But I am fully aware of it though I can't control it. Sometimes I would even hurt Yong-joo and cry when I regain control of myself. Maybe this is the side the Alliance was going after. My destructive side. To raze the world and burn it down to the core and raise a new one from the ashes..

My eyes started to turn red. My claws started to unshethe from my fingers. My fangs started to dig into my gums. Chansung and Junho hyung held my hands from both sides. Yonghwa hyung held me by the neck. I shrugged them off as easy as one would shrug off dandruff from theior shoulders. 

Then Yong-joo went in fron of me. Blocked my path. Then I regained control of myself. I looked at the pack members shocked look they gave me everytime this happened. I'm not supposed to be here right?

I opened the door and slammed it. I opened the door to the front of our house. And I ran. Ran to the beach side. I ran till my feat don't touch the ground and lay down on the sand. And let the waves crash on me. The sound of the waves receeding back to the sea was like the sound of something important disappearing forever.

I was lying on the beach. I give up. For seven years. I've waited till this day. Hoping that maybe today they would wake up. Stabbed around 1:43 pm in the afternoon. It was 4:56  now. I've waited so long for this. And now it's time to give it a break.

Then I sat up and as I sat I saw the sand drift beside me. Four small tornadoes were whirling to life and forming the shape of four women. They looked beautiful in their sundresses.

I jumped back from where I sat and transformed into a hybrid werewolf-vampire. If you haven't seen one. I look like a normal wolf except without the snout. And fur. I stand on tow legs with a wolf tail. And my eyes are my mother's. Blood red.

I stood there my knuckles buried on the sand. The four women took a few steps closer. One was even reaching her hand out to me. She looked like she was the leader or the eldest sister. Either way they looked like they mean no harm.

The leader spoke up. She was tall and looked like she was really confident.

Gyuri: Jin Young..

She smiled at me.

I growled at them. When I transform into this form though, I can still talk. I just wasn't in the mood to talk. But the sound of the voice of one of them really sounded familiar. Like she knew me for a long time already. Then another woman spoke up.

Seunggyeon: Aigoo.. You've grown so well..

Weird. How could she know m name? How could they know my name? The second one spoke to me almost motherly. I don't even know what they are yet they seem to have known me for a long time. What the ? Then another one spoke up. She was beautiful. The most beautiful of the four.

Hara: Jin young ah come here..

She opened her arms wide open expecting for me to come in closer to her and hug her. I looked at them and my looke softened a second but I averted my gaze from them. I said.

Jr.: What do you want from me? Leave now.. This is wolf territory.

Jiyoung: He doesn't seem to remember us unnie.

The youngest looking one talked. Then the eldest one took a step closer to me again. She was looking me straight in the eyes.

Gyuri: We're nymphs Jin Young.. Jr. Do you not remember us? Haven't your parents told you about us?

I transformed back into a human.

Jr.: Don't talk about them.. You don't know them.

Seunggyeon: Oh but they do Jin young.

Jr.: Stop caling me that. You don't know me.

Then one nymph, the third one who spoke came closer to me again. She held my head. Then one by one all did the same.

In my head I saw visions of them giving birth to a woman and a man beside the pregnant woman. They were also healing a woman they kept calling moon child. It was Yong-joo and the couple, could they be? They also showed me a vision of them healing my parents and helping them hunt and feed in the forest.

I opened my eyes as the visions stopped and looked at them. I looked at them with a questioning look.

Jr.: You're.. You're my godmothers?

The eldest one spoke up as she hugged me. She introduced them again. Well so I would know their name.

Gyuri: Aigoo Jin young ah.. You've grown up so well now. 

She pulled away and the other three nymphs hugged me.

Seunggyeon: Where are your parents Jin Young ah? How are they? I heard you won! I'm sorry we only visited now. We were..

Hara: Jin young ah?

She said with a curious look cause my face saddened as Seunggyeon asked about my parents.

Gyuri: Jin young ah..Son come here.. let's talk.. Tell us..

I told them everything up to now. And They told me that their creek was now guarded by another group of nymphs, and the four of them are now nymphs of the sea. And they lived here near the beach. I told them the sword had got them. And apparently the time they were gone and not able to visit they were sleeping too. The Sword of Seven had got to them too.

Gyuri: Then they should wake up now!

Jr; No. They can't be. They were stabbed around noon. It's evening now.

Seunggyeon: Jin young ah.. We were stabbed yesterday seven years ago.

Hara: Yet we woke up just now.

We ran to our house. All the lights were on. On the fornt porch sat Yong-joo, Yonghwa, Seohyun, Sooyoung, Chansung, Junho, Hyoyeon, Sungmin and Sunny.

Yong-joo: Jin young where have yo-

Her sentence was cut.

Yong-joo; Gyuri!

She hugged my godmother.

Yong-joo: Hara, Seunggyeon, Jiyoung! Where have you been.

Jiyoung; With Jin Young here..

They chatted for a while. Then I spoke up and asked Sungmin.

Jr: Why are you all out here?

Jay and Jessica walked outside.

Jessica: Jin young ah.. We have..

She smiled.

Jay: Let him see it for himself..

Sungmin: Junior.. They're back..

I walked inside rushed upstairs. Outside the door Junsu and Tiffany were waiting with Nichkhun and Yuri and Baifern and Jinwoon. Jinwoon was carrying Baifern was holding hands with Jinwoon. Yuri and Nichkhun smiled at me as I reached the last step on our grand stairs.

Junsu: Junior come here.

He hugged me.

TIffany: Aigoo.. Put a smile on kid. They've come back.

She hugged me too. She rubbed my back and I started to tear up. Were they really? Are they? Could this be?

Yuri: Jin young ah.. 

She hugged me too.

Yuri: All the nightmares are going away now.

Baifern: JR get in already.

Jinwoon: Yeah buddy..

He put his arms around Baifern.

Jinwoon: They're waiting.

Nichkhun dropped his arms from Yuri's shoulders and walked over to me and draped his arms around my shoulders.

Nichkhun: They've waited for seven years Jr. Don't keep them waiting anymore.

Was this real?Everything that's happening is so surreal. Like I'm dreaming. I looked at Baifern, she was my bestfriend well being the almost in the same situation.

Jr.: I'm not dreamin right Fern?

She laughed at me and nodded from left to right. She smiled and looked at me again.

Baifern: No Young-ah! You're not.

I faced the double doors to my parents' room. I held the cold silver of the door. I twisted it to open. I was looking at the mahogany floorboards as I bowed my head.

Is this really it? Seven years of questions and finally the answer to it all? Were they really here? I walked in slow motion. I didn't want to look up first. What would I say to them? What would they say? Have the others told them how bad a perosn I've been? I've hurt Yong-joo physically sometimes with my tantrums. I've even fought with the padck members even the older pack members. Have they told them that I wasn't what they expected me to be. Oh gods.. What the hell..

As I contemplated on this, I hastened my walk. I didn't know what to do. I reached the window where tow figures stood. A muscular man and a slender woman. I walked faster than I thought and bumped into a muscular chest. I looked up and saw a man that looked like me if his face mized with that of the woman beside him.

I haven't really looked at them. But now that they were in front of me I realized I realy do look like them. I started to cry. And the door behind me opened. Footsteps creaked to the wooden floor as everybody entered.

The man looked at me. And so did the woman. They had smiles on their faces. And the warmth of a father and a mother's look. They hugged me me. And I melted in their arms.

Taecyeon: I'm sorry

He said first and all I did in response was cry harder. There was nothing to be sory about. There was nothing to be mad about. I don't even know why I had tantrums now.

Taecyeon: We're back son..

Yoona: And we're never leaving you again.

 

To Be Continued :)

 

Next Chapter: Both Sides of the Story