I Introduce the Pack

Between the Sun and the Moon

I am a wolf. By birth. Not by choice. And soon you, yes you out there, will know why I begin to regret my beastly side. I am Ok Taecyeon, the Beta Family of the West Wolves to the Den of Jeju Island. And this is my story.

It all started like this, on a cold windy night at Jeju Island.

We were out hunting and setting up camp smack in the middle of the forest. It would serve as a rendezvous point for my pack. We were all skins despite the autumn breeze we were only wearing jean shorts brandishing our full moon tattoos on our left shoulders. Sorry but here we go on an introduce character chapter of my life.

Jay: Okay. This is rendesvous point. Taec take, hehe, take the Cape Silverback with Yong-joo and Yonghwa.

Cape silverback was a cliff diving spot for the pack the overlooked the Han River. I nodded in agreement to Jay. Jaebeom is, well he's a small man. He's our oldest active wolf defaulting him as Alpha hat and last time I checked he challenge Ok Tae Sung, my father, for pack leadership. He has a faux-hawk with tribal shavings on the sides. Pale white skin and piercing hazel eyes. His coat is opposite to his pale complexion. When he transforms he has pure black fur.

Taec: Yonghwa-yah. Where's you sister?

Yonghwa looks around finding his sister.

Yonghwa: apparently she isn't here yet. Hey, I'm not the one who got imprinted on. Why don't you call her with that mind call thingy.

Yonghwa is talking about Yong-joo's imprint on me. Yonghwa is Yong-joo's 1-year younger brother. He has short hair that shows his face clearly but the curls sometimes obscures his eyes. He loves to play the guitar and rap. Odd little puppy. We call him puppy cause his build is the smallest among us all. He has a bit tanned skin and blue eyes. His fur turns a light brown with a streak of black on his right eye when he transforms in contrast to his sister's light brown fur with a white sttreak on her left eye. And speaking of Yong-joo.

She arrived just in time. She wore a cut-off khaki short. And she wore a white tank top without bra. Cause we would be wasting clothes if we wore too much cause they would all rip when we transform. I was about to call her with our telepathy.

She looked at me with those dire-hit eyes that apologized. I came close to her and held her hand. She was the first female wolf after 100 years the last being from her family. The Jungs.

Yong-joo: I'm sorry *through telepathy with Taec* "I'm sorry I was late"

Jay waved her off.

Jay: Woo-young, Junho, Sungmin, Junsu you take the river banks in near Han river. Junsu lead the team.

Wooyoung is a Jang. Son of Jang-Geun Seuk and Park Shin Hye. Park shin hye is Jaebeom's Aunt making Jay and Wooyoung cousins. Woo-young is a serious loner but a very funny comic relief around other people. He has bleach blonde platinum hair and pale white skin. He transforms to a wolf average in size and his fur as platinum blonde as his human hair. And his eyes he got from his dad, Kaleidoscope, rare for wolves. Kaleidescope eyes makes anyone see what color they want to see.

Junsu: Okay. Han river it is. Time to pay a visit to those trolls.

Junsu is a Kim. They say he had a sister or whatever but he's next in line of age to Jaebeom-hyung. Junsu is an only son with a lot of problems. He tries on figuring out if he did have a sister or not back when we were still kids. Everything he asks his mom, Aunt Wonhee, she would just look nervous and wave Junsu off.But he keeps convincing us or asking us if we had a vague young memory of a sister of his. He has a close cropped hair with a small spike up front. He had fair white skin and not that muscular build but with lean muscles that show the figure of a hardworking man. He had black piercing eyes that held the night. He would transform into a chocolate brown wolf.

Junho: Or pay a bridge fine.

We all laughed at Junho's joke. It was a typical hunting night. Jokes all around. But I spoke too soon I guess.

Junho is the eye smile but corny sunshine of the pack with his sweet and caring older brother Sungmin of the Lee family. Children of Lee Minho and Park Minkyung aunt to Jaebeom and Wooyoung which makes them cousins to each other. Junho has spike red dyed hair and transform into a burgundy wolf and dark brown eyes. His brother Sungmin transforms into a blonde wolf with grey streaks that show his age. He is an expert in hand-to-hand combat. Their eyes are of their father's.

Jay waved off our laughter.

Jay: Nichkhun, Chansung and I will take off to the city. Hunt down only the trouble-makers ok?

We were kinda like paranormal police out there.

Nichkhun: Chansung-ah! Stop roasting food and take your shirt off. Skins man, we're all skins tonight. Our clothes will just rip off anyway.

Nichkhun is a Thai-Korean. His father was the human. But this doesn't affect his wolf side. He has this crazy bowl cut but he still looks like a Thai prince. He has porcelain white skin and charcoal eyebrows. He has glossy black eyes and he transforms into  huge grey wolf. His wife Kwon Yuri has a Vampire brother that ran away to the east of Korea where they are not allowed. Despite being of foreign blood he has chosen to bear his family's guardianship.

Chansung: Oh? *drops his piece of meat into the fire* Neh, hyung. *takes off his shirt. revealing his long waisted body*

Jay: did you bring us spare clothes though?

Chansung: ah yeah yeah. Eomma brought us clothes from the city. Oh, Yong-joo noona, I brought you spare clothes and under garments too. *blushes*

Yong-joo: aww. Gomawo Chansung-ah. *smiles at chansung and pinches his cheek. still holding Taec's hand*

Chansung: no problem noona,. *smiles*

Chansung is our little giant puppy. He's our maknae. His mom owns a restaurant cafe near the city where students not of our kind usually hang out. Where we also hang-out. But we would get girly googly eyes from there cause we would arrive topless and without shoes sometimes except Yong-joo who would only wear a hanging white tank top that would reveal her belly button and cut-off jean shorts. Anyway, Chansung is everyon'es little brother. He has short black hair that used to be long but we kept teasing him that his hair would be longer than his tail. He transforms into a huge white wolf with black ears and paws. Cute enormous puppy.

Jay: okay then. let's move-out!

Jay and his team disappeared quickly to the city. From afar I see them transform into wolves.See, we can do that without the moon. The moon uncontrollably turning us into bloodthirsty psychos is just common human misconception and misinterpretation. We don't. We only draw power from the moon. It charges us. But we can transform anytime of the day, any day of the week, any week of the month and.. you get what I'm trying to say right?

Taecyeon: Move-out now Junsu hyung.

Junsu: okay. Take care. Hunt good my brethren.

Yonghwa: we will hyung. you too! anyeong!*As Junsu and his team transform and run to their assigned destination*

Yong-joo: let's go?

Yongjoo looks at me with those loving and provocative eyes.

Yonghwa: I'll go head Yongjoo-yah. *He looks at Taec and nods goodbye*

Taecyeon: meet you there.

I throw a bit of my bottled water to the fire to keep it low.

Yongjoo takes off her top, her face back at me as she slowly looks back. Takes off her shorts fold them into a pile next to the spare clothes Chansung brought with him and crouches on all fours. Her backside looking slender, soft and y. And transforms into her wolf form. She runs after her brother.

But then a minute has passed I hear the distinct high-pitched howl of Yonghwa and I start to get alert. Yongjoo, I see from afar, runs faster towards her brother's direction. I crouch down, smell the earth and take-off toward the siblings' direction. Transforming as I ran. Transforming into a pure silver furred wolf.

Jay: *in wolf telepathy link* what was that? it didn't sound good. we hear it all the way here on top of aa building here in the city.

Taec: *still in telepathy* I don't know. I'll check and I'll get back to you.

Jay:*in telepathy* okay be careful brethren.

I ran dodging trees and shrubs and small animals that roamed the woods that lead me to Cape Silverback.Cape Silverback was named after the Ok Family and the Wes Wolf Pack's founder and my ancestor Ok Taek Hyun.

I ran til I reached a infuriated Yong-joo an unconscious wolf that is Yonghwa and creature with blood red eyes, and bare fangs. It had human remains all around it. It smelled of blood and it's face was full of it. It hissed and looked angry. It also had, to my shock, the face of an angel and the eyes of a doe. The freshness of the moon and the fairness of a white rose. But most of all what shocked me was... its kind... or it.. was not.. supposed... to be.. in our territory.

 

To Be Continued....

Next Chapter: The Hunt is Disrupted

Coming Soon: School Days and a Vampire's Gaze