BITTER DARA

My Promise

Good spoiled brat? Does that even exist? Well, I’ll exempt Dara on that because I know her attitude already. Wait! Dara’s going to lose her temper if she finds out that I replaced her with Sohee knowing that she’s her mortal enemy.  How can I handle two brats at the same time?I don’t like the impression of  Dara, my first and my last love fighting against Sohee, my soon-to-be-girlfriend (though I don’t really like her) in front of me.

Maybe I’m just exaggerating but there’s still a possibility, right? Whose side will I be in? Dara or Sohee? Sohee or Dara? Aish! These problems are giving me a headache.

“Oppa, are you okay?” Sohee asked.

“Neh, don’t worry.”

“Omo! There are some students from our school looking at us! We’re that famous now?” she shrieked and acted as if she’s a star who was approached by a fan who wants an autograph.

“Sohee, are you crazy?” I couldn’t stop my mouth from releasing those words. Mianhe, my mouth has its own brain.

“Yah. I’m not. Why did you ask such a question to me?” she pouted. She’s not even cute when she pouts unlike Dara.

“Sorry, words got out of my mouth.”

“I’ll make that pass for now, oppa. Anyway, I too have some conditions if you become my boyfriend.”

What? Condition again? When will this stop?

“What condition?”

“I don’t want to see you near your friends and Dara,” she smirked.

I got up, shocked from what she said. “Even my friends? Why?”

“Because I know that they like Dara for you and that they hate me.”

“So? If I introduce you to them as my new girlfriend then they’ll accept you!”

“It won’t still change the fact that they hate me.”

“No…I won’t accept that.”

She raised her left eyebrow and took out an envelope. She opened it and pulled some papers from it.

“Then I’m not going to sign this contract.”

“What?”

“I’m not going to sign this contract.”

“You’re not supposed to sign that contract because that only needs your father’s signature.”

“You won’t see any signature of my father unless there’s my signature already.”

“What do you think that paper is? A clearance?”

“Jiyong dear, the life of this silly contract, your family’s company and also your father are on your hands now. So what? Are you going to accept it or not?”

It’s true. Their life depends on me, except of course that silly contract, I don’t care about that silly paper. But I think I can’t do this to my friends. I can’t turn my back on them, and even on Dara.

You just did you idiot!’ my conscience whispered inside me.

“So what? Should I ruin this now?” she raised the paper up for me to see it clearly.

“Wait!”

She looked at me, surprised. Damnit! Think Jiyong, think!

“Okay! I’ll stay away from them. When do I start?”

“TOMORROW!”

“Can you give me time to break this up to them?”

“Okay! The next day then.”

“Deal! Can I go now?”

“We haven’t even ate yet.”

“I’m not hungry.”

I lost I when I saw you’

I slid my hands inside my pocket and started to walk outside. How could I break this to them? Such a problem! I have never expected and experienced this. What in the world did I do for me to deserve these?

I took my keys and went straight to the car. I’ll think about that later.

==++==

SCHOOL TIME

Ugh! I’m not in the mood of going to school today. I don’t want to see a user’s face and a painful expression from Dara today either. But I guess there’s no use of running away from my fears, right? Aish!

I’m now inside our school. Wondering how I could tell my friends about Sohee’s decision.

I was about to take a step on the stairs when someone suddenly hugged me from behind.

“OPPA!”

Argh! The great Ahn Sohee is here.

“What do you need?” I asked.

“Is that how you treat your girlfriend?”

“You’re not my girlfriend! I didn’t court, did I?” What a conceited brat!

“Aish! Whatever! Let’s go now. Hold my hand.”

“Why would I?”

“Because I’m your girlfriend?”

“I told you, YOU’RE NOT MY GIRLFRIEND AND I’M NOT YOUR BOYFRIEND! And also, I’m not interested in holding your hand!”

“Fine! Then I’ll do it!”

She suddenly grabbed my hand and intertwined it. I tried to loosen her grip but she held it tightly. I don’t have a choice now, huh?

“Excuse me…”

A voice came out of nowhere. I looked at my back and saw Dara looking at our hands.

“Oh! , good morning.” Sohee greeted. Oh no! This is not good.

“My morning was great earlier but I saw a monsters face, so it ruined it. It didn’t turn out to be a great morning after all. And one more thing, get your ugly face away from my view.” Her voice was cold.

"Bitter much, huh, Dara?"

"I said get your ugly face away from my view! MOVE!"

Dara looked at Sohee like she’s going to swallow her whole! Then she flickered her eyes from Sohee to me.

 

Sohee and I moved a little, maybe because Dara’s voice was really creepy. Then she walked past us and I heard her say something.
“Would you look at that? Garbage that I had just thrown and a garbage collector, very nice! They will make a great team, and they look good together. Yeah, right! I want to know what hell thinks of that.”
Then she continued walking.
“What’s her problem?” Sohee asked.
“Wanna know what my problem is? You and him!” Oops! Dara heard it; we totally forgot that she’s not yet far. She pointed at Sohee then to me while saying those words.