GOOD BYE AND HELLO

My Promise

 

“Ji, hurry up, you said you wanted to talk!” I heard Dara called. She’s already at the entrance to the library.

“Okay! Wait up!”

I hurried my pace and reached Dara in just a few seconds.

We went to the place where we had all the promises and sooner, it will be called the place where I broke all of my promises.

“What are we going to talk about?” she asked.

“Remember those promises we exchanged yesterday?” my voice is still tense but I managed to control it.

“Yes, those promises are the best among the rest of your promises. Why?”

Damn. Why is she making it hard for me to break up? I can do this. I can do this.

“I don’t think I can be your strength, anymore. I don’t think I can be there to catch you, to wipe away those tears, to stand for you when you need me,” I breathed in, hoping that she won’t burst out on tears.

She sniffed a little. “Wh…what are you saying? Are you really doing this to me?”

“I’m sorry, but I guess our roads changed.

“Your’s only but not mine. All these time, I thought we are perfect. All these time, I thought we are going straight! All these time, I thought you were the one…but I guess all these time, I was only imagining, I was only dreaming,” she broke down to tears.

I attempted to hold her hand but she removed it right away. “Tell me, is this the reason why you’re acting strange? The reason you’re…you’re saying sorry? The reason you…” she broke again to tears but this time, I can feel the pain and the agony.” you made those promises?”

I nodded. “This is the only way, Dara. I can’t be with you knowing that I can’t… I can’t…”

I stopped. I don’t know what to say anymore. I don’t want her to know the truth, to know that I’m destined to marry another girl. I guess this lie will make her hate me more than I hate myself.

“You can’t what, Jiyong? You can’t what?” she said loudly making all the students look at us.

“Dara, please calm down. Let’s go outside where no one is going to be disturbed,” I grabbed her hand, avoiding the question.

“No! I don’t care if I disturb them! Answer my question first! You can’t what?” she removed my hand.

I again grabbed it and led her outside. She followed me patiently; I led her to a hidden place at the school campus.

“There! We’re outside now! We can’t disturb anyone except ourselves, so why don’t you answer my question now?” she asked while stepping backwards.

“I can’t…” I can’t continue what I want to say.

She closed her eyes and I got the impression that she already knows what it is. “You can’t love me anymore? Is that it? You want to break up with me because you can’t love me anymore, right? Answer, please,” her voice was starting to fade while saying those last two words.

“I’m sorry, Dara,” that’s all I can say to her.

“Why exchange promises if you want to break it a day after it’s made? I guess you’re not needed here anymore,’ she said while slowly removing her ring.

I stopped her. “Wait! You’re still leaving right? Even if I don’t break up with you? So what’s the point of having this relationship if you’re leaving?”

She looked at me. “Did you know that I’m willing to study harder just to make them agree on me staying here? Did you know that? I’m willing to study harder, Jiyong, so that I’ll be here for you, for our relationship. But I guess now that the relationship I had been fighting for is over, there’s no point for me staying. There’s no point for me to study because I can’t take it…seeing your face…after what happened today,” she pulled the ring and handed it to me. “You said this ring is the witness, this will prove our love for each other, and that while we’re wearing this, we’ll never be separated, right? Well, here it is, it doesn’t mean anything to me anymore.”

I took the ring and placed it in my palms.

“This is it, Kwon Jiyong. Goodbye, thank you for everything. I just have to finish this last semester, then I’m out of here. You’ll never see me again.”

She turned her back before wiping her tears and she slowly walked away. I wanted to stop her but I can’t move from where I was standing. It seems like I have been frozen and time wants me to see dara leave. This is the time I have been afraid of, the time where I’ll lose her and the time where she’ll hate me.

I closed my eyes and just waited for her to truly leave.

==++==

Me: Yeoboseyo?

Investor: Where are you? Your classes are over; my daughter is already waiting for you. She has the contract with her.

Me: I’m on my way, sir. I just got a problem at school.

Investor: Don’t forget, she has the contract with her. If you dump her, she will ruin that contract.

Me: I understand. I’m already here.

Investor: Good luck!

I put my phone down and placed it inside my bag. I parked my car outside and decided to enter the restaurant before I change my mind. But what’s the use of running away? Dara’s not there when I come back.

I searched for her. I still don’t know her and I still don’t know her face. I looked around to see if there’s anyone waving at me or looking at me the I noticed a familiar looking girl smile at me when she saw me, she waved her hand.

I went near her and got shocked to see who it is.

“Ahn Sohee?”

She smiled brightly. “Oppa, why are you so surprised? You didn’t expect me to be the girl? How sad.”

“You’re her? You’re the girl?”

“Yes! Did you read the contract? My name was written on it, and not to mention it was fully capitalized.”

“I didn’t read it and I didn’t expect you to be the girl I have to meet.”

She frowned and pouted at the same time. “You’re not just going to meet me, oppa. We are going to start dating and eventually, we’ll be married. Isn’t that great?”

No, it’s not. I don’t like you. “ Aish! Another brat as my girl? Seriously?”

“Oppa, what did you say? I’m spoiled, yes, but I’m a good spoiled brat,” she smiled, eyes disappearing.

I wish those eyes should really disappear so that she won’t see me anymore. I have a feeling she’s going to be irritating. 

 

 

-----AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey! It's the break up! Sorry, if I have to break these two couples up, I have plans for them. Don't kill Sohee yet, she's still needed her. Thank you, by the way, to the subcribers and the viewers and of course to those who are commenting. Wow! There are already comments, I didn't expect you guys to comment so i'm very very ,much thankful to all of you. You inspire me to finish this story. :)

 

All smiles to all of you.

 

Keep subscribing and commenting cause I really appreciate it. :)

 

-Thisisme14