Even if you are just a friend. I need you in my life

Lying eyes...

(Soohyun POV)

As soon as Kevin walked into the room I knew that he and Jaeseop were over. And by the looks of it… It was for good.

“Okay… Let’s get to dancing shall we guys!” I said, trying my best to distract from the awkward tension in the room right now.

Nobody said anything, they just got into their places as I pressed play on the CD player, that held a copy of our latest song.

We must have practised for at least four hours straight, no one wanting to voice their worries and feelings verbally, but instead blowing off steam in the most constructive way they knew possible. Dance.

“Guys, I think we need to take a break.” I said, sweating heavily. “We’ll meet back in an hour to continue okay? I mean, we can all stay here and order food, or you can go off however and do what you wish for the hour”

“I vote we go off on our own…” Dongho said, throwing me a worried glance then looking at Kevin, then at Jaeseop.

The others quickly nodded in agreement “Okay, well I’m staying here, if anyone else wishes to join me. It’s up to you guys” I shrugged and plonked myself down next to my bag.

Everyone left then, bar one. Kevin. He walked over to me and sat down beside me, with a sad little smile on his face.

“Hey hyung” He said, looking as though he would burst into tears at any second

“Hey Kevin… How are you?” I asked. Aish, what a stupid question. Obviously he isn’t alright.

“Ah, you know… Not so well, but I’ll live, yourself?” he sighed.

“Kevin.. If you need to talk…” I said. He sighed slightly… but then he began to talk

“Hyung.. Have you ever heard the song ‘leave out all the rest’ by Linkin Park?” He said sadly…

“Ani. Wae?” I asked, slightly confused.

“Look up the lyrics…You will understand how I feel” He said, before standing up and leaving the room, so that it was just me sitting in there on my own.

I sighed and pulled out my phone and went on to the internet. Searching the song that Kevin had said and looking for the translated lyrics.

Two sections stuck out in particular to me… They went as follows;

“Don't be afraid

 I've taken my beating

 I've shared what I've made

 I'm strong on the surface

 Not all the way through

 I've never been perfect

 But neither have you”

And then the other went as such;

“Forgetting all the hurt inside

 You've learned to hide so well

 Pretending someone else can come

 And save me from myself

 I can't be who you are”

 

It was clear that Kevin knew that he had done wrong, and it was clear that he loved Jaeseop, the only trouble was that he was confused about Eli. It was clear that the fish had a few problems of his own he had to deal with… But it was obvious that he needed to get to the place he was now. Rock bottom. In order to be able to rise once more into the brightness that allowed him to be the person he used to be.

 

(Kevin POV)

I needed Jaeseop, even though now I couldn’t have him in the way I wanted, I still needed him to be my friend and he did say to me that he would always be there for me. So to start making this up to him, I thought I would… ease the tension a little, just to let him know that I wasn’t upset with him for what he did and that I completely understood why he had to do it.

I pulled out my phone and sighed as I began to text.

TO: Jaeseoppie Cat.

Jaeseop-ah. I need to talk with you.

Can you meet me in the practise room at 7pm.

It’s important. But nothing to worry about

Please come.

Your Kevin.

I sent the message and put my phone away in my pocket. A few seconds later it buzzed, indicating I had a message.

FROM: Jaeseoppie Cat.

I will come. See you then, well not including in practise.

-Jae.

I smiled slightly, and thought to myself, Kim Jaeseop, you won’t regret this, I promise.

 

*6.55pm*

I stood there waiting anxiously, holding the microphone in my clammy hand. I jumped slightly when the door opened and Jaeseop walked in.

“You wanted to meet with me?” He asked, his voice void of all emotion. This is what he did when he was hurting. Oh Kitty, I am so sorry for all I have done to you…

“Ne. Please sit. I have prepared something for you. Just to show you that I will, until the world ends, never forgive myself for how I treated you. So please, take a seat and… enjoy?” I said, smiling a little unsurely.

Once he had sat, Hoon came into the light of the room, which I had made dimly lit, for atmosphere. He went and sat at the piano and began to play the melody which I intended to sing to.

I took a deep breath and began then song;

How the hell'd we wind up like this?
Why weren't we able
To see the signs that we missed
Try and turn the tables?
I wish you'd unclench your fists
And unpack your suitcase
Lately there's been too much of this
But don't think it's too late

Nothing's wrong just as long as you know that someday I will

Someday, somehow
I'm gonna make it alright but not right now
I know you're wondering when
(You're the only one who knows that)
Someday, somehow
I'm gonna make it alright but not right now
I know you're wondering when

Well, I'd hope that since we're here anyway
We could end up saying
Things we always needed to say
So we could end up staying
Now the story's played out like this
Just like a paperback novel
Let's rewrite an ending that fits
Instead of a Hollywood horror

Nothing's wrong just as long as you know that someday I will

Someday, somehow
I'm gonna make it alright but not right now
I know you're wondering when
(You're the only one who knows that)
Someday, somehow
I'm gonna make it alright but not right now
I know you're wondering when
(You're the only one who knows that)

How the hell'd we wind up like this?
Why weren't we able
To see the signs that we missed
Try and turn the tables?
Now the story's played out like this
Just like a paperback novel
Let's rewrite an ending that fits
Instead of a Hollywood horror

Nothing's wrong just as long as you know that someday I will

Someday, somehow
I'm gonna make it alright but not right now
I know you're wondering when
(You're the only one who knows that)
Someday, somehow
I'm gonna make it alright but not right now
I know you're wondering when
(You're the only one who knows that)

I know you're wondering when
(You're the only one who knows that)
I know you're wondering when”

I set down the mic and thanked Hoon for his help before he left, then turned back to Jaeseop.

“Jaeseop-ah. I hope this will help you to know that I will keep my promise to make up for the hurt that I have caused you. I am sorry and I hope that one day in the future, we can work though his mishap. And I do hope until then, we can remain friends.” I said, trying not to show how truly upset I was. After all, it was not within my right to be upset right now. It was his.

I could see the tears forming in his eyes.

“Thank you so much for this Kevin. It means a lot. Of course we can remain friends. I am not that harsh.” He smiled half-heartedly, then we shared an awkward hug before heading back to the dorm.

I would make this up to him if it was the last thing I did.

But I suppose that it is better for me to be alone for a while. So that I can figure it all out. But right now, all I could focus on was not letting it get to that point where Jaeseop hated me. I would not be able to live through that pain.

Jaeseop-ah… I need you to know that I am truly sorry. And I do truly love you.

One day… I will get you back and prove to you that I am able to love you and only you.

I just need to work on me before I can be in the right state of mind to be good enough for you…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

So this chapter isn’t one of my best I know, I am very sorry, I have just been extremely busy lately so I am trying to update on a regular basis and it’s harder than it looks sometimes, I tell you, haha.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it and you know the drill, please comment and let me know what you think, I would be highly appreciative, and don’t forget to subscribe.

Also the place i get my pics from/edit pics on isn't working for me at the minute so sorry if the picture doesn't match the chapter~

Love you guys~

Until next time ^3^

<3