A shattered world and an old best friend

Lying eyes...

(Jaeseop POV)

“Jaeseop… Are you… Are you breaking up with me?”

“Kevin… Please sit” I said, gesturing to the bench that was to the side of the lockers.

No doubt this was going to be one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do. Kevin was one of the only things in this world that could make me happier than anything… until now. Now he only made me hurt and until he figured out what he wanted… I couldn’t do this anymore.

The fish did as I instructed and sat on the bench… “Jaeseop… what’s going on..”

“Why did you do it Kevin? Why did you kiss him?” I asked, trying to stay strong.

“I don’t know” He whispered. And for some reason that only made me angry. He didn’t know? He just ruined our entire relationship and he didn’t know why?! He kissed another guy – a guy who already had someone – and he didn’t know why?!

“You don’t know?! Are you kidding me Kevin?! We literally had that morning but you couldn’t wait to go off and kiss Eli, but you don’t know why you did it? Oh you just felt like it did you? Was I not good enough for you? Was I that much of a ing burden that you had to go up not only our relationship but someone else’s too?! Don’t give me all that about you not knowing why Kevin because there must have been some reason you betrayed me!” I ranted… okay maybe that was a little harsh, I didn’t want to upset him… I really didn’t but I just felt so hurt that it was like I couldn’t control my tongue. I could tell that I might have said too much when the tears started to fall from his eyes.

It was wrong. It was all wrong. Wasn’t I the one that was meant to be upset and hurt? After all he was the one who betrayed my trust, not the other way around. And yet he was the one sat there crying.

Alright, he had been through a lot too, what with Kiseop flipping out on him like that, he didn’t deserve that… right? No, of course not. But still…

“I’m… I’m so s-sorry Jaeseop, I never meant for any of this to happen. It was never my intention to hurt you… I just, I don’t know what I was thinking… I wasn’t thinking. I know what I did was wrong but… I think I love him.. but I love you at the same time… so I don’t know what to do” he sobbed.

“Kevin, you can’t love two people at once. Not fully. You can only love one of us fully and I think I have a good idea as to who that is..” I sighed “This isn’t working Kevin. I’m sorry but I don’t think I can do this anymore. You may feel something towards me, but it isn’t enough anymore. I love you so much. And you have no idea how much it is killing me to have to say all of this to you. Because believe me, I would love for nothing more than to work it all out and be happy with you, but you aren’t happy with me Kevin, I can see that and I can’t stand to be the reason that you are unhappy… So I’m… I’m sorry Kevin… But, it’s… it’s over between us” I said, sobbing at this point. I couldn’t believe that I had done it. It felt like someone had stabbed me repeatedly in the chest as I saw the look of devastation on his face at my words…

“jaeseop… please don’t do this. I do love you, I swear.. I just… urgh, you aren’t the one making me unhappy. You are the only thing good I have left in my life…” he sobbed… and then whispered “Please don’t leave me… I can’t handle you leaving me too”

“Kevin. I’m sorry, I can’t.. I just can’t okay, please don’t make this harder than it already is. You and I both know that this will never work out so long as you are in love with someone else. I’m not leaving you Kevin, we will still be friends and I will still always be here for you no matter what, but I just can’t be with you like that if you are going to be thinking about what it’s like to be with someone else. Do you know how it makes me feel when I have to realise that whenever we kissed, you would imagine kissing him? Or when we made love…. Was that just to make him jealous? Kevin, please don’t try to make me take you back right now because it is tearing me apart to even say any of this to you. But until you figure out what you want… I can’t be with you. I’m not going to be some… toy, that you can just use when ever you feel lonely. I love you Kevin, but you don’t realise how much I do. You just don’t care about how what you are doing is making me feel. And I can’t deal with this anymore. So please, don’t do that. Don’t make it as though you are the one that is hurting here, because I have done NOTHING to hurt you. Nothing! And yet, hurt it all I get when I am with you.

 “I can’t keep lying to myself Kevin. I can’t keep pretending that I’m happy just to please you. I want to be with you. I really do, but right now, that isn’t what is best for either of us. Like I said, I will still be your friend. But I can’t be your lover anymore. It’s done Kevin, we are no longer together” I sobbed.

He looked so broken down, I wanted to take it all back, tell him to forget everything I just said, tell him that I didn’t care how much it hurt, so long as he was mine. But I knew that was wrong, and I couldn’t lie to myself and keep playing happy families anymore. It was over. I had to accept that fact.

“I am so sorry. I didn’t realise how much I had put you through. You deserve so much more than this. So much more. I won’t bother you anymore.. I’m sorry” he said before running into the bathroom.

I sighed, I couldn’t go after him. Not right now. I was too lost in my own thoughts to even focus on anything else. I hated hurting him. But what other choice did I have? He brought it on himself… didn’t he? Or was I too harsh on him? Oh why did life have to be so hard? Did I really mess something up that bad that I had this coming? I didn’t even know.

I shrunk down to the floor, leaning back against the lockers. “Why me?” I whispered through the tears. That was when I heard the door open, I didn’t even bother trying to fix myself. I didn’t even care anymore. I just wanted to cry and let everything out.

“Jaeseop hyung?” A voice said, it was unmistakably the voice of our maknae. I sighed, Dongho may have been young and a lot of the time ignorant. But he wasn’t stupid, he always knew what was going on with all of us. I didn’t even know how he managed to find out all of the information.

“ne? What is it maknae?” I said, trying to calm myself. Wiping away my tears that refused to stop falling.

“Hyung! Omo, what happened?!” He half yelled, worry plastered onto his face.

“Nothing, nothing, I’m fine Dongho, don’t worry about me” I tried to smile.

It was clear he knew I was lying, I mean the tears and my self-destructiveness was evident of that. Without another word he walked over to me and sat down beside me, pulling me into a hug.  It amazed me sometimes, just how sensitive and mature the maknae could be. No matter what, he always seemed to be here for everyone, poor kid had enough on his plate as it were.

“Hyung, I know it seems rough now, I know, but trust me, you and Kevin hyung need this break. I can’t say for certain that you and he will ever mend your broken relationship but it will get better hyung. I know these things.. Kevin will see the error of his ways soon enough. And he knows what he did was wrong. He never intended for you to get hurt. I’m not defending him though, because the stupid fish should have known better. But never the less, things will get  better, I promise you they will. So you let it all out. You cry as much as you like because once it is all out of your system you will learn to smile again. You will learn to be happy once more. And we will ALL help you, every step of that way. Okay?” He cooed, rocking us both back and forth as though I was a new born child.

“T-Thank you so much Dongho-ah. You don’t know how much that means to me. I j-just… it’s hard y-y-you know? I love h-him s-s-so much and the f-fact that he would-d just k-kiss-ss another person, i-it really hurts-s-s” I sobbed. I knew that this was stupid, I shouldn’t be letting the maknae comfort me, but yet here we were. He began to rub circles on my back and softly sing to me.. and to my surprise, I found myself calming down.

Once I was all cried out I pulled away from the maknae with a shy smile on my face “We should get back to practise” I smiled, completely forgetting about Kevin, who was still locked in the bathroom.

“Ne, we should, come on hyung” He smiled, pulling us both to our feet. He took my hand and lead us back into the practice room where everyone apart from the fish stood, all with a worried look etched on their face.

“Where’s Kevin?” Soohyun asked carefully

“Oh , he locked himself in the bathroom” I cussed, “I’ll go get him” I went to walk back out but a hand on my shoulder stopped me.

“I’ll go” Kiseop said

“Kiseop, I don’t know if that’s a good idea” Said Eli who was hugging the ulzzang from behind.

“Yeah, I don’t really want you hitting him again” Soohyun chimed in

“Aniyo, I won’t do anything rash. And I need to apologise for that anyway, Kevin and I used to be like best friends. Just trust me.. please” Kiseop said. Soohyun nodded and the pigeon reluctantly let go of his ulzzang.

Kiseop smiled sadly before walking out of the room to go and find the fish.

 

(Kevin POV)

He’d finally done it. He’d finally left me, not that I blamed him. I had it coming. I was so stupid. And I’d ed everything up, good and proper.

I could hear the maknae comforting Jaeseop, who was sobbing. Before long they left the locker room. I sighed, tears still pouring down my face. I had to go face them all sooner or later… I chose later.

Then I heard footsteps coming towards where I was hiding. I assumed it was Jaeseop, coming to make me feel worse than I already I’d about what I had done to him.  Or worse, someone else coming to yell at me for making Jaeseop cry. Urgh, this day could not get any worse.

“Kevin?” Tell a lie, it could get worse. Great, so it was Kiseop, coming back to beat the crap out of me again.

I tried to keep quiet so that he would just leave me and go back to the others but it was no use. His footsteps grew louder as the boy in question got closer and closer to the stall in which I was hidden.  

“Aigoo. Kevin, I’m not leaving so you may as well come out and face me. I’m not going to hit you again, I promise. I just want to talk to you. Please Kevin.” He said, and I could by his voice he was being sincere.

I sighed through my tears and stood up before unlocking the door to the cubicle I was in and stepping out to face the ulzzang.

“Good. Now, come and sit down so we can talk. Umkay?” Kiseop said, patting the space beside him. What was he going to do? I guess I didn’t have any other choice. I walked over and sat on the bench, making as much distance between us as possible.

“W-What is it?” I asked, half scared, half not really in the mood to put up with another scolding.

“Yah, is that anyway to address your hyung? Aish. Kevin. Look, I’m sorry about hitting you like I did, it was uncalled for and I shouldn’t have done that. I was just really mad at you.” He sighed.

“Y-you were? You mean you’re not anymore?” I asked

“Aniyo. I am still very mad. But that doesn’t mean I don’t care for you Kevin. Do you remember when I first joined? We used to be like best friends. Then you turned cold to me one day for no reason, and yet, I still considered you my best friend. Then we were in contest for Eli’s heart, even then. You were my best friend. I always thought he would choose you, I mean, you are so much more than I could ever be. You’re the whole package. Then Eli chose me. And you became bitter towards me, even then I saw you as my best friend. You always have been… until you decided to kiss him" he sighed. “What happened to you Kevin? You used to be one of the most amazingly kind people I knew. And now… what made you like this?”

“I don’t even know how to answer that question” I whispered

“Kevin-ah” He said in a soft tone. “I am very disappointed in you.  Do you realise what you have put people through lately? Huh? Aniyo, but that isn’t why I came in here. I didn’t come in here to make you feel worse, I came in here to tell you that you need to stop this. You need to stop wallowing in self-pity when there are others out there that have it way worse than you do. I understand that you are hurt and that it’s hard because you and Jaeseop broke up-”

“Did.. did he tell you all then?” I cut him off

“Aniyo, but it isn’t hard to figure out Kevin. He is a right mess” He sighed and shook his head “you need to make this right, but being like this, moping around and only thinking of yourself isn’t going to do that. It will take time, but you know full well that Jaeseop-ah won’t hold this against you. He isn’t capable of staying mad at you and you need to show him that you are sorry, and you also need to apologise to Eli. Because of what you did, he is blaming himself for all this hardship that is happening, he thinks that Jaeseop hates him now. You have a lot to make up for Kevin Woo…. But…”

“But?”

“But, even though you have been nothing but a no-good selfish , I am still going to help you. Because nobody needs to be feeling the way you are feeling. I know how alone you feel right now, and I know that maybe you should be feeling like this, as it will do you some good. But I think you realise that what you did was wrong and I think you know that you need this time alone to reflect on how you really feel. Don’t get me wrong, I am still very furious and very disappointed in you, but it pains me to see one of my best friends so hurt. So I will help you. Kevin, I will help you get through this okay?” he said, before pulling me into a hug.

Why did he have to be so nice? Why couldn’t he yell at me and tell me I should go jump off a cliff or that I don’t belong in U-Kiss or something, that would have hurt less than this. I didn’t deserve his kindness, and I sure as hell didn’t deserve his help, nor his friendship.

No wonder Eli fell for him. He was perfection in human form. Lee Kiseop. I am so sorry for everything I did to you. I will make it up to you. I swear.

“Thank you, I know I don’t deserve any of your kindness” I said as I hugged him back.

“Let’s hear no more of it okay? Come on, we need to go practice” he said, standing up and pulling me up with him. He took my hand in his and lead me into the practise room, as soon as I walked in my eyes locked with Jaeseop’s. This was not going to be easy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: well here it is boys and girls.

Jaeseop and Kevin... Are no more... Will they end up back together in the end? Will Kevin make up for his pitiful ways? Who can say. Never the less i hope you enjoyed this chapter, and Who would have thought that Kiseoppie would be the one to offer Kevin help in his time of need?

Shocking?! Haha, i don't know, i felt like being all dramatic! I'm in a weird mood.... Don't ask :L

Annnnnnnnyyyyway~

Comment and let me know what you think and don't forget to subscribe!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! Like seriously, I'm really really conscious of my writing, but you guys always make me feel good about it and put a smile on my face with your wonderful comments! So thank you *Bows*

Oh and thank you to all my silent readers too, Love you guys also~

And My subbiesss~<33333

Anywho, i shall bore you no longer with my long A/N.... Sooooo.... Hope you enjoyed~

Much love

Until we meet again my lovelies~

<3