A Moment Like This

I Got You

 

CHAPTER 2

 

“Hey sleepy head, wake up” Yoseob grunted. He grabbed his blanket and pulled it higher to cover his whole body. It was weekend and he so needed this to catch up his lost sleep for this week.

“Wake up. I’m preparing breakfast for you” that was when he realized who was waking him up. He tossed the blanket aside and looked at the person who was sitting on his bed next to him.

“Doo, today is Saturday. What are you doing here early in the morning? How did you get in anyway?” he yawned and rubbed his sleepy eyes. He only had a few hours of sleep. Last night he went out with Hyunseung and Kikwang till 3 in the morning, doing a little sight-seeing around the town after they left the club.

“That’s why I’m here. We are both free and we can spend the weekend together. Isn’t obvious? I want to make a breakfast for y-hey, what kind of question is that?” Doojoon looked at Yoseob who was looking at him innocently. Yoseob just blinked his eyes, expecting Doojoon to answer his question.

“I have a spare key to your house” Doojoon answered after all but it only made Yoseob frowned.

“Why would you have it?”

“Because you gave it to me”

“Oh, I did? Why would I give you the key?” Doojoon looked at Yoseob in horror. He can’t believe his ears. Yoseob really had a bad memory early in the morning.

“Because I’m your boyfriend!” Doojoon was now standing near the bed and looking at Yoseob furiously.

“Oh, right! I have a boyfriend. You’re my boyfriend” Yoseob nodded his head a few times and completely ignored the disbelief look that Doojoon threw at him. He got off the bed and grabbed the towel while Doojoon was eyeing his every move.

“Were you going out with Hyunseung again last night?” Doojoon asked, still standing at the same spot.

“With Kikwang too” Yoseob replied casually.

“I knew it! You should stop hanging out with both of them. They must have infected you too much with their single lifestyle”

“They haven’t found the right one yet”

“But I thought Hyunseung has Lee Joon. What’s wrong with him?”

“That one is real infectious, believe me. Now can you get out of my room? I want to take a shower. I’ll see you for breakfast” Doojoon grunted but obeyed anyway and he left heading straight to the kitchen.

 

**********

 

~ One Week Later ~

 

Hyunseung was arranging his wardrobe when someone knocked on his door this morning.

“Yes?”

“Hyunseung-shi, Mrs. is calling you for breakfast. She asked you to be downstairs quickly and you also have a guest waiting” Hyunseung stopped what he was doing and frowned. He turned around to look at his maid.

“I don’t remember I have any guest on weekend. But never mind, I’ll be there in 5 minutes” and the maid left. Hyunseung continued to think who the guest that has invaded his precious weekend was. Suddenly he terrified.

Don’t tell me it’s him! His eyes opened in widen. While he was climbing down the stairs to go to the dining room, his mind didn’t stop talking, or more convincing to himself that the guest wasn’t him.

Please, please, please. Don’t let it be him, please.

“Good morning Seung” and there was the always-happy-and-delight voice of Joon. He was sitting at the dining table with Hyunseung’s parents and having a breakfast together.

My beautiful weekend has ended. Sighing, he made his way and sat next to his mother.

“Morning” he gave Joon a faint smile.

“Breakfast?” his mother asked (while smiling too) and he nodded. He didn’t have the energy to argue anyway, not with the appearance of Joon early in morning during his weekend.

“What are you doing here, Joon?” he asked while took a sip of his coffee. While asking that, he eyed Joon who was happily munching the food into his mouth through the corner of his eyes.

“That’s not nice, Seung. Joon is here to pay a visit. What’s wrong with that?” his father looked at him with a high level of disapproval and Hyunseung gulped.

“Sorry”

“No, it’s okay. It’s my fault too. I came without telling first” Joon flashed his famous innocent smile again and sometimes Hyunseung hated him for being so honest and innocent.

“Joon is here to make sure that you came back home safely last weekend. He worried about you” his mother took a turn to speak now and Hyunseung almost choked on his drink.

“I’m okay, thank you”

“I feel bad because I have to leave you that night. Then I have no chance to meet you because I went for outstation to Japan for a week the next day. That’s why I’m here today to make sure that everything’s alright. I’m still worried even though I know you’re with your---” Hyunseung cut him in before Joon could even finished his words.

“Friends, yes friends. So don’t worry, I’m fine” Joon looked at him a little bit dumbfounded but chose to ignore it and continue to eat.

“So do you have anywhere to go today?” his mother asked.

“No” he shook his head.

“Good. I want you to accompany me for shopping today. Joon, you can come along if you want to”

“Eh? Nahh, I’m sure Joon----”

“Sure! I would love to. Thank you” and it was his turn now to cut Hyunseung’s words. Joon was beaming happily and Hyunseung was planning of many ways to commit a suicide.

Why don’t I have a boyfriend, really? It could be useful at a time like this.

 

***************