ON THE WINGS OF LOVE

I Got You

CHAPTER 8 – ON THE WINGS OF LOVE

 

“Morning” Hyunseung looked up and his gaze met with a smiling Yoseob at the door.

“Morning. Come on in” Hyunseung smiled and gestured Yoseob to come inside his office. Yoseob immediately made his way inside the office and took a sit across Hyunseung. Hyunseung turned back to look at the file on his desk.

“Where’s Kikwang?” Hyunseung asked while his eyes still fixed to the file. Sometimes he wrote something on the paper inside the file.

“Breakfast. What are you doing? Isn’t a bit too early to start working?” Yoseob asked and leaned forward to take a look at what Hyunseung was doing.

“I know but I have to finish this as soon as possible. Then I can focus on the task that I need to get it done in 4 months” Hyunseung replied without looking at Yoseob. But then he stopped writing in sudden and lifted his head to look at Yoseob.

“What?” Yoseob blinked his eyes.

“Did you talk about my love life with Doojoon again?” Hyunseung asked without tearing his eyes away from Yoseob.

“He won’t stop asking about it. You know we used to talk about your single life too” Yoseob backed off a little and leaned against the chair.

“He’s impossible! Why’d you love him anyway?” Yoseob giggled and Hyunseung had to roll his eyes.

“He disturbs my peaceful life with his messages. It’s annoying! He keeps reminding me to take care of my relationship with Junhyung so he doesn’t have to worry about me infecting my single lifestyle to you again. What the heck?” Hyunseung put down the pen and leaned against his chair too.

“I know and I’m sorry okay. Trust me; Kikwang suffers more than you do. I think he keeps sending Kikwang a message every 1 hour. Can you believe that?”

“Whatever. Now please tell your psycho boyfriend to stop intruding my love life. And you, stop providing him with the information. You know it well that Junhyung isn’t really my boyfriend”

“Got it, got it! Oh, everyone starts to come now. I should go back to my work. I’ll see you during lunch okay” Yoseob stood up and walked towards the door.

“Sure, and no Doojoon please. I mean it” Yoseob laughed before he closed the door and out of Hyunseung sight.

 

*******************

 

Junhyung was doing his job in his office when he remembered the non-stop emails he got from Dongwoon since the past one week. Luckily he managed to avoid the younger boy and distracted him from continuing to talk about his boyfriend, Jang Hyunseung. Remembering the said guy, Junhyung stopped doing his job and fall into a big thought. He realized that he didn’t hear anything from that guy for a week now. He himself didn’t make any effort to ask the latter about his well-being. Then he remembered about what Dongwoon said. He was his boyfriend after all, even it wasn’t for real. But he was the one who wanted to involve further in it with Hyunseung. Dongwoon was right. He at least should treat him nice, like a real gentleman. Moreover after he told Hyunseung’s family that he will take a good care of Hyunseung. Even it was just a lie to cover up their act, Junhyung somehow felt responsible for his words and he himself didn’t know why but he had this feeling that he wanted to really take care of the said guy.

Without giving a second thought, he grabbed his phone that lying on his desk. After he found Hyunseung’s number on his contact list, he quickly pressed the dial button.

 

*************************

 

Hyunseung just finished a meeting with his father and the staff when his phone rang. He quickly apologized and bowed to everyone in the meeting room before he dashed out of the room and made his way to his own room. He flipped the phone open and frowned when he looked at the caller id.

Junhyung? he hesitant a bit before finally answered the call.

“Hello Junhyung-ssi” he greeted the guy politely.

“It’s Junnie. Am I interrupting you?” came the answer from the other line and somehow Hyunseung smiled in his heart.

“No, you’re not. We just finished with the meeting” he answered while walking into his big room. He placed all the files and books on his desk and made his way to sit on the couch at the other side of the room.

“Good! So how are you doing?”

“I’m fine, thanks. What about you?” suddenly the situation got a bit awkward. Hyunseung didn’t know what to talk and what to answer. He never had this kind of conversation with the latter before. As far as he remembered, the last time he talked to the phone with Junhyung was a couple hours before the dinner, and it was only for a minute?

“Same here” Junhyung answered, but suddenly stopped because he didn’t know what to say anymore. He blinked his eyes.

“Oh” was the only reply he got from Hyunseung.

“I was thinking” he paused.

“Yes?”

“I wonder if we could have a lunch together today. I mean, as a couple, it’s weird that we have never gone out together you know” Junhyung smirked though he knew Hyunseung won’t be able to see it anyway. But Hyunseung also had a great sense. He can sense the smug and teasing tone in Junhyung’s voice.

 “Sure. At least I have something real to tell my family after this” Hyunseung giggled.

“Great!” Junhyung didn’t know why but he felt happy and relieved that Hyunseung accepted his offer. “So, I’ll see you during lunch”

“Sure” and he hang up. Junhyung put the phone back on his desk and sighed in relief. Yes! he smiled before he picked up his telephone and pressed a number on it.

“Seungho’s speaking, may I help you?” the other answered the call.

“Seung, it’s me Junhyung. I just want to let you know that I can’t have a lunch with you and Mir today”

“Why? You have a meeting with client?”

“No. I have a lunch date with my boyfriend today” Junhyung grinned and he swore he can see Seungho rolled his eyes.

“Have fun then. Say ‘Hi’ to him for me”

“Will do” and Seungho hang up the phone. Junhyung leaned back against the chair and the smile didn’t fade away from his face.

 

****************************