HURTS SO BAD

I Got You

 

CHAPTER 22 – HURTS SO BAD

 

 

Junhyung sighed as he sat on his bed. He was feeling uneasy, like it was telling him that something bad had happened. But he couldn’t figure what. He stood up, walking back and forth in his room but the feeling just won’t go away. His heart was beating fast and he felt like he was going to puke. He sat back on the bed and palmed his face.

What is this feeling?

Then there was a knock on the door and Junhyung looked up. Hara peeked through the door and smiled.

“Ready to go?” she asked and Junhyung nodded before he stood up and walked towards where Hara was standing, failed to notice a flicker on his phone that lied on the table beside the bed.

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

Seunghyun was at project site when he received a call. He answered it but his face went pale in instant. He ended up the call before the other person in the line could say anymore thing.

“I’m sorry but I have to go back now. There’s a family emergency. Can you please handle it for me from this point?” Seunghyun asked one of his engineers and he nodded, promised that he will do his best to accomplish the project. After he believed that they can do it without having him there, he ran towards his car and started the engine before drove off.

Hyunseung, you better be alright.

 Seunghyun spoke in his mind as tears didn’t stop flowing on his cheeks.

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

“So, how did it go?” Kikwang asked when he saw Dongwoon ended up the call. His eyes were full with hope but when Dongwoon shook his head, he slumped down on the chair outside the operation room. Dongwoon hurriedly walked to him and enveloped him in a hug. His eyes were swollen, his lips were trembling, and his face was so pale.

“Don’t worry, we will get through him soon” Dongwoon soothed him as he rubbed his back up and down gently. Kikwang sobbed. This was so not happening. He looked up when G.O approached them.

“Can’t get through Mir or Seungho too. Mir must have left his phone and I can’t even contact Seungho. I’m sorry” Kikwang shook his head. He looked around and spotted Yoseob who was crying hard in Doojoon’s embrace. He saw Jiyong sitting at the other seat; his face was covered with his both hands while his parents were talking with Hyunseung’s parents. Lee Joon was leaning against the wall with closed eyes, no trace of smile on his face. Seunghyun was nowhere to be seen.

“He’s going to be fine, right?” Kikwang asked as he looked at Dongwoon. Dongwoon nodded, he himself didn’t sure who he was trying to sooth; Kikwang or him himself.

“Seungie-hyung is going to be alright, don’t worry. He’s tough and strong. He will fight for his life. Let’s pray for him okay” then he pulled Kikwang even closed and let his shirt being soaked by Kikwang’s tears. G.O sat silently at the other side of Kikwang as he didn’t stop calling his 3 other friends who were having a vacation in Incheon now. They needed to know, Junhyung needed to know about this.

 

* * * * * * * * * * * *

 

Mir was chasing after Seungho, Junhyung and Hara walked behind them and laughed. They just finished a walk along the beach that night. They had a very nice day today. Mir and Seungho didn’t stop entertaining them with their stupid acts and Junhyung was feeling happy. This felt really good. Having a great vacation with Hara and his two best friends, Junhyung couldn’t ask for anything else, though his mind sometimes wandered to Hyunseung and he still had the same uneasy feeling lingered in his heart and body. He wondered what Hyunseung was doing at this moment. He knew Hyunseung refused to talk to him, judging from the way his calls and messages being ignored, so he stop calling on the fourth week.

I’ll try to call him again soon. He decided.

He laughed again along with Hara when Seungho tripped on his foot and fell, having Mir who was chasing from behind ended up falling on top of him. Mir screamed when Seungho tickled him as an effort to make Mir got off him and it worked. Mir shrieked before he stood up and ran as fast as he could towards the hotel they were staying. Seungho panted and Junhyung helped him to stand up.

“I told you, Mir is getting some more weight. He almost crashed my bone” Seungho said, still trying to catch his breath. Hara laughed and Junhyung can only shrug.

They separated when they reached their respective room. Hara bid her goodbye as she was the first to reach her room and saying goodnight. Mir who shared a room with Seungho continued to chase Seungho as he said that he’ll get his revenge after all. Junhyung who watched them with an amazed look can only shook his head while muttering pabo to his two best friends before he entered his own room.

He lay on the bed while putting his left hand on his forehead. He looked up at the ceiling and blinked his eyes repeatedly. The feeling was still there and he had to hold the urge to scream out loud. He clenched at his chest and breathed deeply.

“I should call Hyunseung again. Maybe he will pick up my call this time. I just need to hear his voice” he sat up and reached out his hand to get the phone on the side table. That was when he noticed there were about 50 missed calls and 20 new messages on his phone. He wrinkled. The calls were from Dongwoon, G.O, and 1 unknown number. He felt even confused. He opened the messages; 15 of them were from Dongwoon, 3 from G.O, and 2 messages were from the same unknown number; all of them left him a message to get back to them once he read their message.

What the hell? He cursed in his heart as his fingers started to dial Dongwoon’s number.

“Hello Woon” Junhyung smiled but his expression changed immediately when he heard the other spoke up. “What?” his yell encored the whole room.

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

Hara was getting ready to get her bath when there was an endless loud knock on the door. Nevertheless, she walked towards the door and opened it to see a horror look on Mir’s face. Mir was panting hard. He looked like he just finished a marathon and was flailing his both hands in a weird way. Hara stared at him confusedly.

“Hara…ahn…uhuh…Hara-ssi…ahn…”

“Mir, calm down. Tell me one by one. What happened?” Hara stepped forward and held Mir on his left arm.

“Ahn…Junhyung…hah..he’s…uhm…we’re going back…ahn…to Seoul tonight” Mir nodded his head as he finished talking.

“What? Why? We’re still on a vacation” Hara let go of Mir’s arm and stood still. She looked at Mir with wide eyes. Mir looked much better now. He had gained his breath back.

“I know but we have to. Even if we don’t, Junhyung is still going back to Seoul tonight”

“Why?” Hara asked.

“It’s because Hyunseungie has met with a car accident. Dongwoon told Junhyung that it’s serious. He has been in an operation room for 6 hours now and they still didn’t get any news about his condition” but before Hara could utter a single word to Mir, there was a yell calling for Mir. Both Mir and Hara turned their heard to the where the yell was coming and saw Junhyung with Seungho running towards their direction. Hara looked at Junhyung and noticed he was carrying his luggage with him, so as Seungho.

“Hara, hurry up. Pack all your belongings now and get ready. We’re going back to Seoul right now”

“It’s already late” Hara watched as Junhyung talked to her.

“Yes, it is. That’s why we have to move fast. Go and get ready now” but Hara only stood still. She didn’t even move. Junhyung who noticed it started to get impatient.

“What are you still doing? Go now! We’re waiting for you” but Hara was stubborn, she didn’t move at all. She had her head low, not even spared the three of them a glance. Mir who realized the tense aura around Junhyung nudged at Hara and whispered.

“Hara, yo--”

“I’m not going” she finally spoke up and it shocked not only Mir but also Junhyung and Seungho. Mir moved closer and touched her hand.

“Hara, what are you saying?” Hara looked up and locked her gaze on Junhyung.

“I said I’m not going back to Seoul, not tonight. If you want to, go ahead. I’m staying” she said firmly before turned her body around, went back into her room and closed the door. Mir froze, Seungho blinked, and Junhyung cursed.

“Whatever! I’m going now!” Junhyung said and walked off. Seungho looked at Mir who was still staring at the closed door.

“Mir?”

“You go with Junhyung. I’m staying here with Hara” Mir said, eyes still fixed at the door of Hara’s room.

“Okay” Seungho who seemed to understand it nodded before hurriedly followed Junhyung who was already went inside the elevator.

 

 

 

-TBC-