SPEAKING OF LOVE

I Got You

CHAPTER 9 – SPEAKING OF LOVE  

 

Hyunseung was late for their lunch and Junhyung was already there waiting when he arrived at the scheduled restaurant. Junhyung waved his hand when he saw Hyunseung at the front door and smiled. Quickly, Hyunseung made his way to the table and bowed deeply.

“Sorry. I thought I could make it on time”

“No, you don’t have to. I just arrived about 5 minutes ago, so no need to worry. Please, have a seat” Hyunseung sighed in relief and took a seat in front of Junhyung.

“Thank you” and Junhyung nodded.They had a very pleasant lunch that day. Surprisingly, both of them felt very comfortable with each other’s presence. Though this was their first date, not that Hyunseung regarded this as a date, both of them didn’t feel awkward around each other. It was just like they have known each other for a quite long time.  

“Hey, can I ask you something?” Hyunseung asked and looked intently at Junhyung.

“Do you really have to ask me that after you threw more than 5 questions to me already?” Junhyung teased and Hyunseung pouted.

“I know you told me that you don’t have a girlfriend yet, but what about a crush?” Junhyung almost choked on his drink.

“What?!” Junhyung’s jaw almost dropped to the floor and he looked at Hyunseung with widen eyes.

“Oh come on. Don’t give me a look that you don’t know what I’m talking about” and it was Hyunseung’s turn to smirk now. Junhyung frowned upon seeing the mocking look on Hyunseung’s face.

“But how?” he finally said and Hyunseung smiled in victory.

“I thought so! Well, our love story that night, remember? The one that you told my parents. Somehow I feel that it was a real story except for the finally together part of course” and Junhyung can only blink his eyes, can’t even utter a single word. Hyunseung took this as a sign for him to continue.

“I can see it clearly in your eyes and the look on your face when you were telling the story. You were glowing and how to put this, blessed? I knew the person, either girl or guy in the story is real and it wasn’t me, of course because we never had such an encounter. So maybe you should tell me so we didn’t cross the border too far” Hyunseung smiled in assurance and somehow Junhyung felt something bubbling inside him when he saw that smile. It was so content and calm. He composed himself back and straightened his body.

“You were right, satisfied?” Junhyung rolled his eyes and returned to his lunch. Hyunseung beamed happily. He leaned forward and that startled Junhyung a bit.

“Sooo, tell me about your unrequited love” he was smiling widely.

“Why would I?” Junhyung asked, pretending to get annoyed.

“You’re mean” Hyunseung pouted. “I thought we were friends already” and Junhyung had to laugh upon seeing the cute face he made.  

"Okay okay, I’ll tell you. Just don’t make that cute face anymore. You make me want to kiss you” Hyunseung was stunned and Junhyung abruptly stopped. He covered his mouth with his right hand and blinked his eyes. Junhyung can’t even believe himself that he was able of saying something like that. It was slipped away from his mouth just because he thought Hyunseung was so damn cute pouting like that.  

Maybe I did think about it. Dammit! Junhyung cursed silently in his heart for creating the awkward moment between them.    Hyunseung was blushing madly and he was looking everywhere but Junhyung. He was so shocked to give any reaction toward it. Junhyung cleared his throat but Hyunseung refused to meet his eyes.

“Urm, maybe we should talk about this some other time ne” Junhyung finally said, nervously and Hyunseung abruptly turned around to look at Junhyung.

“No! No! I want to hear it. I think I can have a long lunch today” he grinned and Junhyung rubbed the back of his back shyly.

“Me too. About what I said---” Hyunseung who seemed to understand what he wanted to say quickly cut him in.

“Let’s forget it shall we?  You’ll pretend that you didn’t say it and I’ll pretend that I didn’t hear it” Junhyung was silent for a while and finally nodded.

“Sure. So the story huh” and Hyunseung nodded eagerly.  

 

*******************  

 

I want to meet this Hara girl. Junhyung seems so in love with her. She must be a very beautiful girl ne.  Hyunseung smiled as he sat on his bed that night. Junhyung told him everything about his first love. He still remembered an embarrass face of Junhyung when he talked about Hara and Hyunseung loved to every time he told him about his date with Hara. Not that Hyunseung wanted to call it a date since Hara and Junhyung weren’t officially dating each other, but Junhyung will send him a death glare every time he told Junhyung that he couldn’t call it a date. Hyunseung also knew that Junhyung was working in the same company as Hara and of course it will give Junhyung more advantages to capture Hara’s heart.

Still he couldn’t make Hara loves him back even after 2 years. Pabo Junhyung.  Hyunseung chuckled but suddenly he looked up to look and fixed his gaze on the ceiling above. Where is Junhyung working by the way? Geez, he talked a lot about his job but I didn’t even ask him where. Stupid Junhyung! He didn’t even mention where he works.  

Suddenly his phone rang and he was surprised when he saw the caller id. Does he know that I am thinking about him now?  But he answered it nevertheless with a cheerful voice.  

“Hel--”

"If Dongwoon calls you, it got nothing to do with me. Just pretend that you don’t remember him. Oh oh, better tell him that he got a wrong number” and before Hyunseung could say a single word, Junhyung already hung up on him.

“What the--” but he was shocked and almost threw the phone to the floor when it rang again. He looked at the screen and debated with himself whether to answer the call or not since it was a call from an unknown number. But his finger moved faster than his brain as he already placed the phone to his ear.

“……”

“Hello” a male voice reached his ear.

“Yes”

“May I speak to Hyunseung-hyung, please?” Hyunseung’s heart was beating fast. Could it be--?

“May I know who this is?”

“Son Dongwoon here!! I’m Junhyung’s friend. Remember me?” the voice was too cheerful for a male adult. Hyunseung pondered for a moment either he should do what Junhyung told him to do or just telling the truth. In the end, he decided to tell the truth.

“Yes, Hyunseung here. Good evening Dongwoon-shi”

“Yess! So I’m calling the right number. Hyung is mean. He told me this isn’t your number” Hyunseung smiled. This Dongwoon guy was indeed an interesting guy. He wondered why Junhyung asked him to lie about his number to Dongwoon.

“By the way, I’m just calling you to confirm that this is your number. I really hope that we can be good friends in future”

“Sure. I’m sure we can be good friends”

“Thank you. Oh, since we’re friends now, no need to be so formal with me. You can call me Woonie. Urm, may I call you Seungie-hyung?”

“Yes, please. Woonie”  

“Thank you, thank you so much” Dongwoon was beaming happily and it clearly showed in his voice. “If that the case, I’m going to hang up now. Bye Seungie-hyung~” and the line went dead. Hyunseung stared at the phone with a smiling face. Sorry Junhyung. Woonie is so cute, I couldn’t say no.

 

 

 

A/N: sorry for the super late and not so interesting & organize update. my lappy has officially dead, i mean really dead even the guys can't even bring back it's life when i sent my lappy to be fixed. *cries hard* so u basically know what it means; all my stories are gone just because i'm so stupid not to save them somewhere as a backup. and i'm updating this thru my phone and i have to say i'm not at the very least happy with this whole chapter. see u on the next update.