ENCOUNTER

I Got You

 

So, I managed to post 2 chapters for today~ I kinda proud of myself LOL. thanks for reading dearies <3

 

 

CHAPTER 17 – ENCOUNTER

 

 

“Junnie?” Junhyung turned around and gaped. In front of him, there were Hyunseung. Junhyung gulped.

God, not this way! Not when I’m with Hara.

He stared, not uttering any words. He was shocked. That was the perfect word to describe his current state. Out of everyone he knew, he never thought of bumping Hyunseung in this park when he was out with Hara. And on top of that was when Hyunseung was out with another guy, a very attractive guy.

“Goo Hara-ssi?” Hyunseung smiled but he can feel a sting of jealousy and hurt lingered in his heart. Hara nodded with a smile too.

“Hi, I’m Hara. Have we met before?” Hara asked cautiously, very aware of the way the pretty guy with beautiful doe eyes addressed Junhyung.

I never heard any of his friends call him Junnie.

“No, we haven’t” Hyunseung shook his head. “But Junnie never talk about any other girl than Goo Hara. Seeing you two go out together like this, you must be Hara. I’m Jang Hyunseung, Junnie’s friend. And this is my friend, Kwon Jiyong” both Hara and Jiyong exchanged smile before bowed to each other. Hara was blushing madly and Junhyung had to turn his head away feeling suddenly embarrassed upon hearing the introduction. Hara looked up to look at Hyunseung.

So this is Hyunseung, the one that Mir and Dongwoon call Seungie. So Junhyung told him about me huh.

“What are you doing here?” Junhyung suddenly spoke up and all the attention now turned to him.

“We’re out to take a walk. We always come here since we were a child” Hyunseung answered calmly though he didn’t like the tone that Junhyung was using when he asked him that question. Junhyung sounded a bit annoyed and Hyunseung didn’t understand why.

“Oh” but that was the only reply from Junhyung. Hara can’t help but feeling curious. Junhyung seemed distracted again but it was different this time. Hyunseung who seemed to notice the tense aura around them bounced happily towards Hara and grinned. Jiyong eyed him carefully.

“I’m so happy to finally meet you. All this while, I only came to know your name. But today, I meet you though Junnie here doesn’t do any good in introducing us to each other neh” Hara nodded.

“Yes. But don’t worry. That’s so likely of Junhyung. He always fails in that kind of thing” Hara chuckled as Junhyung glared at her in a very cute way. Hyunseung who noticed the silent communication between those two can’t help but feeling miserable. Jiyong bit his lower lip.

“Well then. We should be going now. We don’t want to disturb them neh, Ji” Hyunseung was quickly turned back to his bubbly attitude and Jiyong smiled in agreement. “Have fun on your date”

“It’s not a date!” came a quick reply from Junhyung but Hyunseung only responded with a smug face before he dragged Jiyong away from Junhyung and Hara. Junhyung groaned in frustration and Hara looked at Junhyung with a wistful eye. But Junhyung was too occupied to notice the sudden change on Hara’s face as he was busying with the thought of Hyunseung and Jiyong.

 

******************

 

“You okay?” Hyunseung looked up to see Jiyong towering over him, 2 cups of coffee in his hand. Hyunseung gave a weak smile that made Jiyong sighed heavily.

He sat beside Hyunseung on the bench and handed him on of the cup. Hyunsueng took it reluctantly, gripping the cup between his hands and looked down.

“Not really, I think?” he said slowly. “I mean, I should be okay right. Since he’s my friend and I should be happy for him, right?” Hyunseung lifted his head. There were still a lot of people at the park.

“When a person you love is in love with someone else, it’s okay to feel the hurt. Because if you don’t, it means that you don’t love the person enough to claim you are” Jiyong shifted close, their knees bumping. “Don’t blame yourself for falling in love with him, Seung. We don’t choose whom we want to fall in love with. Our heart does. That’s why it hurts”

“But it hurts a lot”

“It is. That’s why you have to be strong. Whatever decision you’re going to make later, you always have my back ‘kay? Pull yourself together. I hate seeing crying Seung. It makes my heart aches”

Hyunseung laughed, slapped Jiyong not so hard on his thigh. “Yahh, since when you’ve become like this?”

Jiyong grinned. “Like what, Seung?”

“I don’t know” Hyunseung shrugged. “Like you’re the master of love all of sudden. Why Ji~ are you in love too?” Hyunseung teased, eyes beaming with pure excitement.

Jiyong can’t help but pinched Hyunseung’s nose. “Yes. But it’s one sided love, so who cares?” Hyunseung blinked his eyes. “Hey, it’s alright. That’s why I told you that you have to be strong. At some point, you have to make the decision. Either it will favour you or not, you still have to face it”

“What do you mean?”

“Look Seung. This thing between you and Junhyung is already messed up since the very beginning. And it has reached the point that you need to stop. Make up your mind Seung. If you think you can win the battle, fight for it. If not, put an end to it. Tell him this has to stop, whatever thing between you. You know what I mean right?”

Hyunseung swallowed hard. Of course he knew. But he didn’t know that along the way he will fall in love with Junhyung.

“And tell my family that we broke up?”

“It’s a better option, you know that too. If they found out about the lies, it’s going to be horrible”

Hyunseung closed his eyes for a moment. Of course Jiyong was right. But can he really do it? Did Junhyung want to do it?

“Yahh, this is all your fault you know? How come you only here now? You should come back before I started this mess” he punched Jiyong’s arm playfully, earning a mischievous grin from the latter.

“Whyyy~ you want me to be your boyfriend Seung baby? Ahhh, you’re right. This is my fault. I should come back early and be your boyfriend. Not the fake boyfriend of course” Jiyong leaned over, acting like he was trying to kiss Hyunseung. The pretty boy yelped in surprise, cupping Jiyong’s face with both hands while laughing hard.

“Yahh, you wish! Who said anything about being my boyfriend?” Jiyong smiled. At least Hyunseung didn’t look that miserable anymore. He reached out his hand and draped an arm over Hyunseung’s shoulders before pulling him close.

“It’s going to be alright, Seung. Everything’s going to be alright. But I need you to remember this. Like I said before, no matter what decision you make, no matter what path you take, I’ll always be beside you. Okay?”

“Okay, Ji. If you say so”

 

 

-TBC-