HURTFUL SEPERATION

I Got You

 

CHAPTER 18 – HURTFUL SEPERATION

 

 

Junhyung paid a surprise visit to his house later that night and he stayed over for dinner. Hyunseung’s mom was the most excited, giving extra attention to Junhyung that made Hyunseung pouted the whole dinner time. His dad was just like any other dad. Smile and a little laugh here and there. And talked like a dad would talk. Very business-like. His hyung was not at home which was rare because Seunghyun loved to be at home too much. But Jiyong had come back so Hyunseung somehow relieved that his brother wasn’t home right now. Because Hyunseung just lost his nerve for the whole night. He felt disturbingly annoyed, mostly at himself. Because he knew he couldn’t just end everything he had with Junhyung when there wasn’t even anything between them to end to.

But he kept the smile on his face the whole time. Eyes lighting up like neon everytime Junhyung leaned closer and whispered something, body trembling in anticipation everytime Junhyung moved and brushed his arm. He thought he was going to faint. And when it was time for Junhyung to head back home, he asked Hyunseung to follow him into the car which he immediately obeyed like a good boy.

“So, who is him?” was the first question Junhyung asked when they both got into the car. Hyunseung turned his head to look at Junhyung, he can’t really see much but he assumed that Junhyung had his signature smirk on his face.

“Who is who?” he replied with a question, clearly didn’t prepared an accurate answer for Junhyung sudden interrogation.

“The one with you this evening. He’s very good looking though” Junhyung supplied some hint. Hyunseung’s eyes furrowed.

What was that? A jealousy? Disappointment?

“Ah! It’s Jiyong, my childhood friend. He lived in New York before but decided to live here with his parents now” Hyunseung smiled. Talking about Jiyong was easy. Hyunseung always loved to talk about his best friend.

“Are you close?”

Hyunseung nodded, clearly oblivious to the change of tone in Junhyung’s voice. “Yes, very close. We’ve known each other since we were small and he always be my best friend. He’s a friend that I can rely on all the time. When I was a kid, Jiyong’s practically my hero” Hyunseung gave a small laugh.

“Really? Then why didn’t you ask him to pretend to be your boyfriend?”

“He—I’m—what?” now he noticed. Junhyung looked pissed, he sounded annoyed. “What do you mean?”

“I asked you, instead of asking me to pretend to be your boyfriend, why didn’t you ask your best friend to be your fake boyfriend? It’s easier that way, right?” Junhyung wasn’t even looking at him.

“But I told you he just came back, right? He wasn’t here before, remember? And you happened to be there” there was a desperation in Hyunseung’s voice.

“Oh, so I happened! Is that what you’re saying? Oh wait! Does that make me your hero too? Because you’re relying on me now? To pretend to be your boyfriend? Am i?” Hyunseung blinked his eyes, fighting not to let the tears that started to from in his eyes to run down on his cheeks. Junhyung was staring at him. He didn’t know. Was that hurt? Was that a mock? Was Junhyung mocking him? They were just fine a while ago. And the dinner was pleasant.

“Why are you like this, Jun?” Hyunseung choked on his own voice. “Did I do something that makes you angry?” He covered his mouth, not trusting himself not to cry in front of Junhyung. But he knew if he waited long enough, he will break down in front of Junhyung. He won’t let that happen, like ever. So he turned around and ready to get out of the car when Junhyung reached and grabbed his arm.

“Hyunseung, wait! Wait!” Junhyung flailed, gripped Hyunseung’s arm with much strength.

“Let me go! I need to get out! Need to—“ Hyunseung was crying. He wiped the tears that fall down heavily with his palm, struggling to get away from Junhyung. “—go. Don’t—no—I have to go”

“Wait! I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to! I’m so sorry” Junhyung was as desperate as Hyunseung as he felt the grip started to loose and half of Hyunseung’s body was already out of the car.

“—call me—no—no more” Hyunseung tugged his arm one last time and he was finally out of the car. He ran without even looking back.

“Oh my God! Sorry. Baby, listen to me! Damn!” Junhyung slumped on his seat hopelessly. “You’re an idiot, Junhyung”

 

* * * * * * * * * *

 

Jiyong woke up to the loud knock on his apartment door. He grunted, eyes not fully opened when he peeked on the clock on the table. 2 am. He made a displeased sound at the back of his throat. Whoever was the in front of this door right now was going to face a death. He forced his body to sit up and slowly got off the bed, headed towards the door. He was ready to yell and beat whoever it was that stood in front of his door when his eyes landed on Hyunseung’s crying face. He blinked twice, making sure that he wasn’t imagining things. Hyunseung practically jumped, enveloped Jiyong in a very tight hug Jiyong thought he couldn’t breathe. It took Jiyong exactly 5 seconds to process the whole thing and his head started to ache. He had Hyunseung crying like crazy in his arms at 2 in the morning; Jiyong was getting dizzy.

“The hell Seung? What happened to you?” he tried to pry Hyunseung away from him, pushing Hyunseung by his shoulders to take a look at the wailing boy, but Hyunseung made it harder for him. He refused to let go, only tighten his grip around Jiyong’s body and shaking his head furiously. His cry was loud, his body was trembling and Jiyong could feel it.

“Seung, it’s okay now. Shhh, don’t cry” he hugged him back, much tighter while kissing Hyunseung’s soft hair continuously. “It’s okay. It’s okay. I got you” he planted more kisses; Hyunseung’s hair, cheeks, the neck, the shoulders, anywhere he could reach. “It’s okay”

Hyunseung fell asleep after 2 hours of crying. He curled in Jiyong’s embrace while Jiyong kept comforting him. Jiyong had his arms protectively wrapped around Hyunseung, hands rubbed up and down Hyunseung’s back until he closed his eyes. There were still occasional hiccups and drop of tears rolling on Hyunseung’s face. Jiyon’s heart swelled at the sight and he pulled Hyunseung closer. Right now, he will do just anything to make Hyunseung feeling better, feeling safe. Anything.

 

 

-TBC-

 

Ohhh please don't hate me for this angst/sad update. We need some conflict here and I realize that i kinda rush with the plot and all, but oh well~ the evil mode is on!