The Way You Look Tonight

I Got You

Character(s): Hyunseung, Yoseob, Kikwang, and Lee Joon (friendship)

 

CHAPTER 1

 

Hyunseung took his glass on the counter and sipped the drink. He looked around the club and smiled. The club was lively tonight. A loud music was playing as a background and so many people were dancing on the dancing floor. He turned around to look at his friend.

“Thanks for the invitation. I so need this” his friend, Kikwang smiled in return.

“No problem. I know you need this. You’ve been working too much. You don’t even have time to chill out with us anymore, right?” Kikwang turned to look at the other guy who sat beside him. Their other friend, Yoseob also nodded.

“Yes. That’s why I asked Kikwang to invite you. Oh by the way, what happen to your not-so-secret-admire?” both Kikwang and Yoseob laughed. Hyunseung pouted. He can sense the mock in Yoseob’s question.

“Can we not talk about it tonight? I thought you asked me out to ease my messy mind” Hyunseung rolled his eyes to his both best friends.

“Is he stalking you now?” Kikwang suddenly asked. Hyunseung gave him a confused look but Kikwang wasn’t looking at him right now. His eyes were fixed to some place behind Hyunseung.

“Because I can see him at the front door now” Hyunseung’s eyes widen. He looked at Kikwang in horror. Kikwang smirked and signalled it with his eyes. Yoseob put his glass on the counter and turned to look at the direction that Kikwang was showing just now.

“He’s really here. You can start saving your life now” Hyunseung immediately stood up. Kikwang and Yoseob were trying hard not to burst out into a loud laugh. Without wasting time, he started to walk. He didn’t exactly know where he wanted to go. All he knew that he needed to save his life. Anywhere was fine, as long as he was safe.

“Hyunseung!” he continued to walk, ignoring the call. He didn’t need to turn around to look at who was calling him. He already knew who he was. Then he spotted an empty seat at the other side of the counter and without saying anything, he sat there and order a drink.

“Seung!” he turned around and faked a smile when his shoulder has been tapped by someone from behind.

“Ah Joon. It’s you” he looked up to look at the grinning man. He was smiling widely.

“I’ve been calling you but you didn’t hear me. You are such in a rush” Joon pouted and Hyunseung held the urge to tell him that he looked ugly pouting like that but instead of saying that, Hyunseung can only smile. It wasn’t like he didn’t like Joon. Lee Joon was a kind man. He was polite, humble, and reliable. But he made stupid jokes and he was kind of clinging sometimes.

“I’m sorry. It must be because of the music. It’s so loud that I didn’t hear your call” he titled his head to the left and saw a few young men were sitting, drinking, and chatting with each other next to him. He then turned to look back at Joon who was trying to find any empty seat nearby. Hyunseung was glad that the entire seat near him was already occupied.

“What are you doing here anyway? Your friends are sitting over there” Joon pointed to the direction where Kikwang and Yoseob were sitting. Hyunseung looked at them and he saw Kikwang showed his two thumbs up and Yoseob was grinning at him in not-so-innocent way. He bit his lips hard. You’re mocking me huh. Just wait.

“I- I’m- be-because-” he looked around him, desperately looking for some help.

“Because I’m with my boyfriend!” he grabbed the right arm of the man who was sitting next to him at the counter and smiled widely at Joon. “Yeah, my boyfriend”

“Your boyfriend?” Joon asked, a little disbelief. Hyunseung nodded and tugged lightly at the guy’s arm asking him to cooperate. That guy looked at him, clearly confused with the whole situation but turned around to face Joon nevertheless with a smile plastered on his handsome face. Hyunseung was now holding his left arm and didn’t even let it go.

“Yes, I’m his boyfriend. And you are?” he extended his right hand to Joon, still smiling. Joon took his hand and shook it lightly.

“Lee Joon, his colleague” he looked back and forth at the both smiling couple in front of him. At the same time, Joon’s phone was beeping indicating that he got a new message. He took out the phone from his pocket and read it. Hyunseung was still holding the guy’s arm and smiling widely. That guy also had the same smile on his face.

“I’m sorry but I have to go now. I’m so sorry too for disturbing you both tonight” Joon spoke up but it sounded a little more disappointed than sorry. Hyunseung shook his head.

“No, you’re not disturbing us at all. It’s okay, we understand that” and the guy nodded his head, agreed with whatever things that Hyunseung said.

“So I’m going now. Have a nice night” he bowed a little and walked away. Both Hyunseung and the guy looked at Joon until he was out of the club.

“Ah, you can let go of my arm now” and his voice brought Hyunseung back to his current state and immediately he let go of the latter’s arm. He stood up in instant and bowed.

“Sorry, I’m so sorry. And thank you so much for the help” he turned around, walked away without even looking at the guy and leaving the stunned man behind.

“Un, it’s okay. And don’t worry about the drink. I’ll pay for it” he finally spoke up even he was very sure that the other guy won’t hear it because he and his two friends were already on their way out of the club.

“Okay. What was that?” one of his friends poked him on the cheek. He just shrugged and drank his orange juice like nothing was happening.

“Mou~ but you told that tall guy that you’re his boyfriend. I didn’t know you swing that way now. I thought you like girls? Damn, he’s gorgeous!” the other guy whined and that earned him a smack from him.

“Pabo” he muttered, ignoring a curious look and a whining from his two friends.

 

**********

 

 

I know I should finish with my other story but oh well, I need to get this idea out before it’s gone! LOL. So, it’s JunSeung this time. Enjoy~