Are We Okay?

The Thing Is, I Think I Love Him

            A few weeks had passed since the incident that Hoon and Soohyun had. After talking things through and using Hoon’s uncle as a therapist they worked things out. Hoon now understood what would happen now whenever Soohyun would be promoting a song or an album. Soohyun also agreed to try and spend time with Hoon after he was done with his promotions instead of partying. It was a very neutral agreement.

            They were now back at the record label taking care of some more personal work. Hoon had some paper work that he had to take care of while Soohyun was busy meeting with Hoon’s uncle to discuss what his schedule was going to look like for the next few months. It was a relatively normal day for the two of them. Except towards the end of the day when most people had gone home.

            Hoon had just filed a bunch of paperwork when he felt hands land on his shoulders. He was surprised but then he was turned around and then pushed to the wall. It hurt Hoon a little at first but when he saw who it was that pushed him against the wall he smiled. Soohyun grabbed Hoon’s wrists and pinned him against the wall.

            “Hey babe.” Soohyun said and then started to kiss and on Hoon’s neck. “Did you miss me?”

            Hoon took in a deep breath. “You know that I always miss you. But aren’t you supposed to be working?” He asked.

            Soohyun now moved up to Hoon’s lips and kissed him passionately. “I am, but I am currently on a break. I wanted to see how you were doing.” He replied seductively.

            Hoon only laughed. “Well as you can see I’m fine. I get off in two hours and then I’ll come and get you and we can go home.” He tried to reason with Soohyun.

            “That’s nice. I just needed to see you in order to survive these next few hours. Minwoo hyung is really grumpy today and he is pushing me to do this variety show that I really don’t want to do.” Soohyun said with a pout.

            Hoon sighed and kissed him again. “Maybe you should just do it. Which one is it?” He asked.

            “It’s a show called Running Man. It’s a good show but it just takes so long to film and all I want to do is go home and rest and cuddle with you all the time.” Soohyun said and he put his head on Hoon’s shoulder.

            “You know for a grown man who is famous and has to keep a good image, you can be kind of a baby.” Hoon said.

            “I’m only this way when I’m around you. It’s because I know that you baby too.” Soohyun joked and then gave Hoon one more kiss.

            “Well maybe I should stop babying you and should just let you fend for yourself again. I’ll just come home and make food for myself and take care of myself and then you can do the same for yourself.” Hoon said.

            Soohyun laughed and shook his head. “I don’t know if that would work. I might fall apart.”

            Hoon rolled his eyes and pushed Soohyun off of him. “I guess you have a point there. But as of right now I need to get back to work and you need to go talk to my uncle.” He said.

            “Fine. I’ll go back to Minwoo hyung. I’ll meet you at your desk when it’s time to go.” Soohyun replied.

            “That sounds good to me. I’ll see you later.” Hoon said.

            Soohyun smiled and then gave his love a kiss on the cheek. He then left to go back to work. Hoon could only shake his head and head out of the same room. He had a lot of work to do and there was very little time to do it. So quickly he got out of the room and went back to his desk in the main room.

            An hour later Hoon’s uncle came out and groaned in frustration. He went over to Hoon’s desk and sat down on a chair that was on the left of the desk. “I really need to ask a favor of you. If you do this for me then I will do anything for you. If you ask and you remind me of this favor I will do it.” He explained.

            Hoon thought about the offer and smiled. “Okay I think that we can make a deal with that. What is it that you want me to do? It has to be important if you need me to help you.” He said.

            His uncle sighed and ran his hand through his hair. “I need you to really persuade Soohyun to go on Running Man. I think that if he does this show then his popularity will increase tremendously. As you know he is already very popular but I think this show would increase popularity. I don’t know why he is so against it though.” He said.

            After letting out a long sigh, Hoon sat back in his chair. “You know how stubborn Soohyun is. If he doesn’t want to do it then he probably won’t.” He said.

            “Yes but your opinion means a lot to him. I mean, he ask you to marry him so you would figure that you really do mean a lot to him” His uncle added.

            When he heard his uncle’s words a groan escaped Hoon’s mouth. “The only reason why he said that we should get married was to try and make things right. It wasn’t sincere.” He said.

            Hoon’s uncle sat there for a minute and tapped his finger on Hoon’s desk. “Are things with you two okay? I mean, since the whole incident you two seem just a little distant.” He said.

            “Honestly we have been a little distant but we’re okay. At least, I think we’re okay. He hasn’t said anything so, I guess everything’s good.” Hoon explained.

            “Well as long as you two are happy. But I am going to just give you a little heads up. If Soohyun loves you as much as I think he does, he’ll be sincere about that question sometime soon.” His uncle explained.

            “Well if it happens I’m sure that you will be the first one to know Uncle Minwoo. Besides, I feel like he tells you almost everything. Well when it comes to me anyway.” Hoon said.

            His uncle laughed and then stood up from his chair. “He tells me a lot but he doesn’t tell me everything. I already told him that I rather not know.” He said.

            “Oh, well thank god for that. I really think that it’d be weird to have you know basically my whole personal life.” Hoon explained.

            “Minwoo Hyung! There is someone looking for you! Plus we need to talk more about my upcoming schedule.” Soohyun yelled from far away.

            Hoon’s uncle sighed and shook his head. “Well I guess that means my break is over. The sooner you can talk to him the better. Remember that he really cares about your opinion He’ll listen to you.” He said and then walked away.

            As his uncle stood up he walked away Hoon sighed. He did know that Soohyun and he had a relationship where they were very honest with each other and respected each other. But there were times when they were both extremely stubborn and they knew what they wanted. The fact that Soohyun was basically set on not doing the show really made Hoon nervous. He was really going to have to do something special in order to make Soohyun even think about accepting to go on the show.

           

<3<3<3

 

            When Soohyun and Hoon finished work the two seemed to be a bit quiet. It almost seemed like Soohyun was upset about something. Hoon didn’t want to pry so there was no way that he was going to ask him about it because he knew that Soohyun could possibly take it out on him. It was safer for the both of them if Hoon just didn’t bring it up.

            It usually was about a twenty minute commute from the headquarters to their apartment but today there just happened to be a lot of traffic. After turning on the radio they found out that there was a car accident and that was why the traffic was so bad. By the way it was also sounding, it seemed like they were going to be sitting there for about ten more minutes.

            Since they were just sitting there, Hoon decided to bring up a conversation. “So, I was thinking.” He started.

            Soohyun sighed and looked at Hoon. To him it was a bit nerve wracking to hear those words. Usually he really lies what Hoon has to say, or he absolutely hates it. It’s one or the other. There is no in between. “What have you been thinking about?” He asked.

            Hoon swallowed. This was something that he actually wanted to wait to talk about. In fact he was going to wait another month but now seemed like a good time. At least to just get it off his chest anyway. “I know that you’ve had your apartment for a while but I was wondering, do you maybe, want to move?” He asked hesitantly.

            It was clear that Soohyun was not overly fond of the idea. The second that Hoon finished the sentence he grinded his teeth a bit. “Why would you want to move?” Soohyun asked with a very small hint of anger.

            Hoon shrugged his shoulders and then bit his lip. “I don’t know. I just feel like we should start fresh. We’ve been in that apartment for a while and I know that you’ve been living there for a very long time, but I just feel like we need a new start.” He explained.

            “What makes you think that we need a new start Hoon? The only reason why you would probably feel like you need a new start is if you don’t feel comfortable.” Soohyun started. Hoon looked a little nervous when he spoke and then a thought popped into Soohyun’s head. “Are you still upset about what happened when I was promoting my song and album?”

            Immediately Hoon shook his head. He tried his hardest to try and forget about that time and really move on from it. In a way though he still felt hurt from it. Every time it was mentioned his heart would hurt a little and he felt so pained. It was definitely something that he really didn’t want to talk about.

            “I am not upset about that. I just feel like we need to start new and fresh.” Hoon said now a bit irritated.

            Soohyun shook his head and looked forward at the road again since there was a small movement. “Hoon if you are still upset about it then I want us to talk about it. I really thought that we were okay.” He said irritated.

            “We are okay Soohyun! There is nothing wrong!” Hoon yelled in reply.

            “Are we Hoon! Are we really okay! Ever since we talked things out after my promotions you have been acting weird. We are not the same as before. We used to be happy with each other and never wanted to really be apart. Now I feel like you are just a little less than satisfied and you can’t wait to get away from me. You don’t really talk to me anymore Hoon.” Soohyun argued.

            Hoon held back from arguing with Soohyun. This was not an argument that he really wanted to get into. “Soohyun, I really don’t want to talk about this anymore.” He said.

            “We are talking about this Hoon. You are trying to get out of talking about this and it’s not going to work. We really need to talk about this so that we can really move and when we do then we can talk more about moving.” Soohyun explained.

            Hoon closed his eyes and took in a deep breath. “Okay Soohyun. I admit that my heart still hurts a little. I’m scared. I am scared to go through that again. I am afraid that one day you are going to realize that you are more into your job and you rather hang out with people from your job and go out with them than come home and be with me. I don’t want to feel like I am just something to do on your off time. I understand that when you promote your songs and your albums that it take up a lot of time and energy. But when you don’t even come home or you forget about me, it hurts. Soohyun, I am scared that you will leave me behind.” He explained. A small tear started to fall down his cheek.

            Soohyun sighed and moved his hand to wipe away the tear. “Hoon I am sorry that I made you feel that way. I honestly never meant to hurt you or make you feel that way. I would never choose my job over you. Hoon, I love you so much. Losing you is something that scares me every day too. There are days where I wonder if you’ll find someone else who has a more normal life. Someone who wouldn’t have to hide the fact that they are gay to the world and someone who can give you all their attention every day of the year for many years to come. Someone else who can make you happy.” He said as his voice started to crack while trying to hold back his own tears.

            “That’ll never happen Soohyun. I have never loved anyone as much as I love you. Yes now I have been distant and haven’t really been talking to you but I was just afraid. All day I can’t think of anyone else that I would want to be with. I always want to come home with you and then spend all my time with you. I want to go to bed have you next to me. When we go to sleep I want to be in your arms and then wake up to see your beautiful face. It’s you I want more than anyone.” Hoon explained.

            Soohyun smiled and turned Hoon’s head towards him. “I want you more than anyone too. Let’s not argue anymore.” He said and looked deep into Hoon’s eyes.

            Hearing that gave Hoon such an ease of mind. He wanted to let all his emotions to take over but he was still in public. If he was going to have to let out his emotions he was going to wait until they got home. However, Soohyun wasn’t going to wait to kiss Hoon. He pulled Hoon in and then he clashed his lips onto his. Even though they were in the car they shared the passionate kiss. It was a very emotional kiss as well. The two were both trying not to cry. They were so in love with each other that they were both afraid of losing each other. It took them this long to entirely realize that and know that they loved each other this much.

            The kiss grew hotter and hotter when their tongues started to slip into each other’s mouths. The traffic started moving again and they didn’t even notice. A car behind them had to honk their horn in order for them to really notice. They pulled away slowly and then looked each other in the eyes again.

            “Let’s get home and relax.” Soohyun said. Hoon nodded and then Soohyun started to drive the car home to his apartment.

 

<3<3<3

 

            It was a good three hours after the couple got home and they seemed to be way more relaxed and the tension in the air was completely gone. Soohyun had already taken his shower and now he was now in bed waiting for Hoon to get out of the shower. He had grabbed a magazine and started to read it while he was waiting. There was nothing special about the magazine but it did help to pass time.

            The second Hoon walked out of the bathroom Soohyun was a bit disappointed. He wanted Hoon to come out with just a towel around his waist but this time he wasn’t so lucky. Already, Hoon had put on all his sleep clothes and he had his towel on his head. Soohyun put down his magazine and watched as Hoon walked around the room while putting things away and getting ready for bed.

            Eventually Hoon noticed that Soohyun was watching his every move. “What? Why are you looking at me like that?” He asked.

            Soohyun smiled and then tapped the space next to him on the bed. Hoon sighed and then put his towel around his shoulders. After that he sat down on the bed where Soohyun had tapped his hand. Soohyun then wrapped his arms around Hoon. “I just miss being like this all the time. Now that we have everything worked out I feel like everything can go back to the way it was before.” He explained.

            Hoon smiled and then let out a sigh. “Well there is actually something that I need to ask you. Uncle Minwoo really wants you to go on that variety show. He even came to me today saying that he really wanted you to do the show. And knowing him, he’s going to keep bothering me and asking me to get you to do it.” He explained.

            Soohyun groaned and then put his head on Hoon’s shoulder. “I really don’t want to do it though. I know that usually it’s a lot of fun but in general it takes forever to film the show. Even then that means that I am not going to be able to spend a lot of time with you because I might be filming all day.” He explained.

Hoon just laughed and shook his head. “You are forgetting that I am your assistant manager. I can easily ask my uncle if I can come along with you guys. It’s not that hard.” He replied.

            Soohyun sighed again and kissed Hoon’s cheek. “I guess you are right. Well I guess I can do it. But you need to do something for me in order for me to go on the show.” He said a bit seductively.

            “Really now? And what is it that I am supposed to do for you?” Hoon asked with a tease in his voice.

            “Well I think it starts with you taking off your clothes and then it ends with us and full of satisfaction.” Soohyun explained.

            Before Hoon could respond Soohyun pushed him down into the bed. He then clashed his lips onto Hoon’s. At first they were short sweet kisses but then they turned into passionate loving ones. When Soohyun slipped his tongue into Hoon’s mouth it became even more heated. Soohyun loved how Hoon’s mouth was so familiar to him and how accepting it was.

            Hoon pulled away and then looked into Soohyun’s eyes. “Aren’t I supposed to be taking off my clothes?” He asked.

            “It’ll be soon. You don’t need to rush.” Soohyun now teased. The rest of the night then went as Soohyun had hoped. They made love and things seemed to have gone back to the way it was before.

           

<3<3<3

 

            Two weeks had passed since Soohyun had agreed to go on the variety show. Just like Hoon expected, all he had to do was ask his uncle if he could come. There was also a little persuasion on Soohyun’s part but it wasn’t too needed. They ended up at the film site and the second Soohyun got out of the car he sighed.

            “You guys really want me to do this show?” Soohyun asked.

            “Yes we do. Besides you can’t back down now. They are going to pay you and they have announced that you are going to be on the show. So if you back out you will have a lot of depressed fans and you’d have to give back the money they paid you.” Hoon’s uncle explained.

            “It won’t be as bad as you think it’ll be I’m sure of it. Just try and have fun and don’t worry about anything.” Hoon said to try and reassure Soohyun.

            Soohyun sighed and then smiled at Hoon. “Thanks babe. That actually really makes me feel better about this whole thing.” He said and then gave him a very quick kiss on the cheek.

            A few seconds after that a crew worker came up to Soohyun and looked a little panicked. “Thank God that you have gotten here. We were starting to wonder whether you really were going to show up. So we have your outfit and everything all picked out already. You can go out to the tent and change in there. We start filming in about half an hour.” He explained and then walked away.

            “He looks like he needs to drink five cans of Red Bull.” Hoon’s uncle said as he watched the crew worker leave.

            “He probably already has. He just needs around ten more and then he’ll be perfectly fine.” Hoon said jokingly.

            His uncle laughed at the comment. “You know I really wouldn’t be surprised if that was true. These guys work way too hard and take their jobs way too seriously.” He explained.

            Soohyun and Hoon both rolled their eyes. “That sounds just like someone else we know.” Soohyun replied.

            “Hey, all I do is for you to have a successful career and to live happily. It’s actually now for the two of you. I schedule you for many things so you can get money, and then I hired you so that you could make money and have something to do for a living.” Hoon’s uncle explained to the two of them.

            “I know Minwoo Hyung. Well I need to go change now so I’ll catch up with you guys after that.” Soohyun said and then left to go change into the uniform.

            Hoon’s uncle watched him leave and then he looked at Hoon. “You know, I’m glad that you two have really gotten back to the way you were. Of course the lovey-dovey stuff can get a little weird sometimes.” He joked.

            “Whatever Uncle Minwoo. I think that you are just a little jealous. What ever happened to that woman you were going out with?” Hoon asked.

            “She said that I was too involved with my job and I will never be able to love anyone else. When I thought about it I was about to agree with her but then I realized that she as just addicted to attention and affection so there was no way I was going to agree with her. In the end I dumped her.” Minwoo explained.

            Hoon nodded and then let out a laugh. “You know my mom wanted to try and hook you up with someone at her work place. I don’t think that she ever convinced her to go out with you though. I heard that she’s really stubborn.” He explained.

            Minwoo’s eyebrows raised. “Really? That actually sounds like my kind of woman. Stubborn but knows what she wants.” He explained.

            Hoon hit his uncle’s back and then laughed. “We should probably talk to the producer to see what their plans are right now.We may have to make sure that Soohyun is okay with everything.”

            “That’s a good idea. Soon you’ll be able to take care of Soohyun as a manager by yourself.” His Uncle said.

            Hoon laughed as they started to walk towards the producer’s tent. “Why are you planning on retiring soon?” He asked jokingly.

            His uncle smiled but then he sighed. “Well I’m not getting any younger and Soohyun seems like he’s going to have a lot more years left in him. Years I don’t think I have. So I think that from now on I’m going to train you to be his official manager. And being his official manager you and him will have to be together all the time. In fact, you’ll probably be attached at the hip.” He explained.

            In his mind, Hoon liked the sound of that. The fact of his uncle actually retiring though just didn’t sound right at all. “How much longer do you think you have before you retire and leave me in charge?” He asked seriously now.

            “It’ll be a while still. I will train you until I feel like you have everything under control. Then when I think that you are ready I will hand over the reins to you.” His uncle explained.

            Hoon didn’t know what to say about that. He liked the idea but he really didn’t want to see his uncle leave the job that he really loved. Plus, this job was making them become very close again. They weren’t that close before but this whole thing has really opened up his eyes as to why his uncle never really came around and was always busy. This job can really get to you and you lose track of time very fast.

            His uncle saw the worry on his face and then tried to keep his own smile. “Don’t worry about it kid. It was going to happen sooner or later. Besides, there are so many things that I wanted to do that I can’t with this job. Plus some buddies of mine are planning on retiring soon so we’ll all hang out together a lot. Also I will be checking up on you constantly. So I will always be busy.” He explained.

            Hoon smiled and then they finally got to the producer and started to talk to him about the show and what the plan was. Everything sounded like it would be fine and the cast had a very good line-up and the contents seemed pretty straight forward. If Soohyun didn’t enjoy himself during this recording then Hoon and his uncle were going to lose all hope for him. They were never going to be able to get him to do another show again.

            After half an hour of waiting to start the production team was all set up and ready to film. The cast was all in the uniforms and they were waiting to start the events. Hoon sighed and looked at his uncle. His uncle was looking on his phone at the schedule for the next coming weeks. It was one of the few things you really could do since all there really was to do was stand around and space out until they started recording.

            Finally they started the show and was recording. Hoon watched it and started to laugh since the usual cast was so funny and they really learned how to include everyone in the show. There was one part that surprised Hoon the most. One that he actually didn’t see coming.

            “So Soohyun this is your first time on Running Man isn’t it?” One of the main cast asked.

            “Yeah, I actually was very hesitant to go on this show for quite a while.” Soohyun replied.

            One of the other members of the cast pretended to get offended. “What? Why? You think you better than us huh? Just because we aren’t famous singers doesn’t mean that we can’t hang out with you.” He said. The whole cast and Soohyun started to laugh.

            “But really it’s nice to have you here Soohyun. I’m sure we will have a lot of fun torturing you during the show.” The first one said.

            “Thank you. Actually since that this is my first time here I would like to make it special and do something that I think will really help your show get some more views.” Soohyun explained.

            “Oh really. Well please do it.” One of the other cast members said.

            Soohyun smiled and then looked at the camera. Both Hoon and his uncle looked at him in confusion. When Hoon made eye contact with Soohyun he immediately knew what he was going to do. “Oh God.”

            “I would like to let all of my fans know that I love them and that they mean the world to me. But I have something to admit.” Soohyun started.

            That second his manager caught onto what he was going to do. “Is he going to,” He started before Hoon cut him off.

            “He is.” Hoon said.

            “I am in a relationship with my assistance manager and we have been in a relationship for quite some time. For those of you who don’t know, my assistant manager is another man. A man that I have fallen so in love with. So, I hope you all understand. But Hoon, there is something that I need to ask you. I have already asked you this before but you didn’t take it seriously. Hoon, would you please make me the happiest man on earth and marry me?” Soohyun said.

            Everyone’s jaw dropped except Hoon’s. He just had his eyes wide in shock. There was no way that he could have even known that he was going to do that. They talked about coming out to everyone but they were just going to wait until it was the perfect time. Apparently this was the perfect time and Hoon just didn’t know about it.

            One of the people guest starring on the show smiled and then looked at Soohyun. “Well I guess that’s why you always tell me that I’m handsome huh? Well I guess you can’t deny this face.” He joked.

            The cast started laughing again and the atmosphere was back to the way it was. “Hey you are handsome but you just aren’t my type.” Soohyun replied.

            “So I guess you’re not as handsome as you think you are.” Another cast member explained.

            “One thing is for sure, I would go see what your assistant manager says to your proposal while we wait here and talk about something that deals with the world.” The guest star said.

            Soohyun nodded and made his way over to Hoon and his manager. He looked Hoon right in the eye and knew immediately what he was thinking. “I know that this is all a shock but-.” Before he could finish Hoon slapped Soohyun on the left cheek. Soohyun sighed and then looked back at Hoon. Then Hoon pulled him in for a passionate kiss.

            “Don’t you ever do something like that before telling me about it.” Hoon said.

            Soohyun smiled and then nodded. “So what’s your answer?” He asked.

            “My answer is yes.” Hoon said softly. Soohyun then kissed him again and held Hoon tightly. When they pulled apart they looked at each other in the eyes again. “Go on with the show. You need it.”

            Soohyun nodded and then ran back to the rest of the cast. “Oh Soohyun, we were just talking about how brave it was for you to come out and openly propose to your partner on television. What did he say by the way?” The cast member asked.

            “He actually said yes. So now I am an engaged man.” Soohyun explained.

            “That’s great. But now we have to get to more important things than your personal life.” One of the cast members joked again.

            For the rest of the time filming it looked like Soohyun really was having a good time. They were all making fun of each other and when it came to teams Soohyun’s team both won a few and then lost one round. He did really enjoy himself and he told Hoon and his manager that he would really like to do the show again.

 

<3<3<3

 

            The second that they got home Soohyun and Hoon started to make out with each other. Since they were so close but they couldn’t really be together it drove them a bit crazy to be so close but not able to hang out. Especially when Soohyun proposed that very day.

            When they were finished making out Hoon decided that he wanted to make some plans. “So what kind of wedding do you want? We could have a big fancy wedding or we could have a small wedding with some close friends and relatives.” He said.

            “Yeah that’s true. But right now I think that we really need to talk about the fact that people aren’t going to be happy about us being together. There are going to be some crazy fans who are going to try and break us up. I want you to know that no matter what I will protect you. But I can’t always watch over you so you need to be cautious as well. You need to be aware.” Soohyun explained.

            “It’s really going to be that big of a deal? Well I actually knew that but I didn’t think that people are really going to take it that far. I guess that you and I are going to really have to try and be aware.” Hoon explained.

            “That we are. I don’t want anything bad to happen to you. If you got hurt then I would never be able to forgive myself. You are the love of my life.” Soohyun explained.

            “That goes for you too. If you got hurt there would be no way that I could move on and I don’t know what I would do without you.” Hoon added.

            Soohyun then kissed Hoon on the forehead. “We have each other and we just have to be extra careful from this point. We have to stick together and also we have to be with Minwoo hyung a lot too. There is a possibility that he could get hurt too.” He explained.

            “That’s true. I’ll talk to him about it more in the morning. He probably is out with his friends right now drinking and partying.” Hoon explained.

            Soohyun was a bit confused. “Minwoo hyung goes out and parties after work?” He asked.

            “Of course he does. Just because he’s older than us doesn’t mean that he can’t have some fun himself.” Hoon replied.

            “Is that so? How about we go into the bedroom and have a little bit of a party of our own? We can celebrate our engagement tonight.” Soohyun suggested.

            Hoon thought about it for a second and the nodded. “Okay. Let’s go.” He said. The two got up and then rushed into the bedroom to start their festivities of becoming one with each other once again and showing each other how much in love they were. 

 

A/N: Okay my cubs I know it's been a very long time but here is the next chapter. In my head I see maybe about four more chapters to this story. They may come sooner than you think so just be aware of it. But oh how I missed all of you. Wasn't this a very....interesting chapter? At least they super duper love each other now. Anyway love you all my cubs. Stay safe and remember to upvote and subscribe and comment. Karabear loves you!