The Acceptance

The Thing Is, I Think I Love Him

           Hoon was so worried. There was no telling what his parents were going to do. There were times when his father could be very unpredictable. His mother looked like she was just in too much shock to say or do anything.

            “Dad, Soohyun and I are together. I know that you probably can’t understand what I am feeling but I just ask that you respect my choices. You don’t have to accept them but for you to respect them is all I ask.” Hoon explained.

            Hoon’s father just stared at him and then at Soohyun. There was a hint of anger in his eyes. Hoon put a hand on Soohyun’s wrist. He was getting ready to run just in case his father lost his cool and went after them.

            “Honey, what do you think about this?” Hoon’s father asked calmly to his mother.

            Hoon’s mother shook her head and then looked at her husband. “Honestly dear, I kind of saw this coming.” She said.

            The words that Hoon heard left him in a bit of shock. “Wait, what?” He asked.

            “Just think about it Hoonmin. You have only brought home a girl once and you didn’t even show any affection towards her. It was bound to happen.” She explained.

            “We were trying to be polite in front of you two. We didn’t want to seem disrespectful towards you two by holding hands and kissing.” Hoon said trying to defend himself.

            “I really don’t think so. Right now it seems like you are showing a bit of affection towards Soohyun by holding onto him.” His mother added.

            “That’s because I was getting ready to make a run for it! If dad was going to burst then I was going to just run as fast as I can along with Soohyun.” Hoon said.

            “Oh please. Your father wouldn’t have done anything. Right honey?” Hoon’s mother turned to her husband.

            Hoon’s father looked as if he was trying to calm down. He was taking deep breaths and closing his eyes so that he could concentrate. “Yes, I am totally fine.” He said with a bit of restraint in his voice.

            “See he wouldn’t have done anything.” Hoon’s mother said. She then had a thought and looked right at Hoon. “Come to think of it, honey is that fact that you are gay the reason why you couldn’t keep a job?”

            Hoon’s eyes went wide. “MOM! Why would you think that?” He yelled.

            “Well every single one of the jobs you had basically was working with men. Was it the fact that you couldn’t concentrate the reason as to why they thought that you were insubordinate?” She asked.

            “No mom. I got fired because the way they were doing things were stupid and I didn’t like the jobs in general. Besides, one of the places I worked for closed down because they didn’t listen to what I said. If they just made that one simple change then they would have saved more money and they would still be in business.” Hoon explained.

            “That isn’t how I see it at all. You basically worked with a bunch of men the whole time and since you are gay it must have been a little hard for you.” His mother said.

            Hoon covered his face with one hand. “I didn’t know that I was gay back then mom. This just happened.” He explained.

            Hoon’s father then had a thought. “That makes me think. Hoon, how long have you two been together and why have you only told us now?” He asked.

            Hoon’s eyes grew wide. Once his father heard how long he and Soohyun were together he knew that he was going to have a fit. There was no way that he was going to get out of this one. His father was going to murder and slaughter him.

            As he was thinking of a plan of action Soohyun decided to take matters into his own hands. “Sir, we have actually been together for a few months now. Please don’t be upset that we didn’t tell you right away. We were actually having a really hard time dealing with my parents at the time and then my father died. So I hope that you understand why we were so resistant to tell you.” He explained.

            The look on Hoon’s parents faces were those of sympathy. “Oh, I am so sorry for your loss. Please if there is anything that we can do to help you let us know.” Hoon’s mother said.

            Soohyun smiled and then grabbed Hoon’s hand. “I think your son has really helped me throughout this process. He has always been by my side and he showed me love when I needed it the most. So please don’t be mad at him.” He explained.

            Hoon’s father let out a sigh. “I guess with the situation that you have endured I can understand why you two took so long to come to us.” He said.

            “Yes I am sorry for keeping it from you both for so long.” Soohyun said.

            Hoon’s mother smiled and then picked up the tea cup that she had dropped in the first place. “Well as long as you told us and didn’t continue to keep it from us I think we can be happy. Now, is anyone hungry? I think I’ll start making dinner.” She said.

            “Please Mrs. Yeo let me help you.” Soohyun said and then stood up from the couch.

            Hoon looked at Soohyun and shook his head slightly. He didn’t want to be alone with his father. But of course Soohyun didn’t catch it. “Thank you Soohyun. That is very kind of you. The kitchen is this way.” His mother said and then the two left to go into the kitchen.

            Once the two were out of the room Hoon’s father looked at him. “So, how did you finally find out that you were gay?” He asked.

            There was nothing but a sigh from Hoon. “It honestly just happened dad. It was just something that presented itself to me. I had no control over it.” He explained.

            There was a blank expression on his father’s face. That was usually a bad sign. An angry expression was almost a better expression than nothing at all. There was just way too much mystery in his dad’s mind. Anything could happen at any time.

            When Hoon was about to change the subject there was a voice that came from the door. “I’m here! Sorry I’m late everybody.” Hoon’s uncle said as he walked through the door.

            “We are in the living room Minwoo.” Hoon’s father replied.

            Hoon’s uncle walked into the room with a huge smile on his face. He had seemed to be having a very good day. But all of that changed when he saw the intensity on Hoon’s father’s face and then he looked at Hoon. He put back his smile and walked over to sit by Hoon on the couch.

            “So something tells me that you two got into a bit of an argument.” His uncle said in a soft whisper.

            Hoon rolled his eyes and then looked at him. “Really? What made you think that? Was it the fact that my father is emotionless and that we don’t know what he is thinking or is it the fact that we both look like we are irritated with each other and there is a strange aura in the room?” He asked sarcastically also in a soft whisper.

            Hoon’s uncle shrugged. “It’s a bit of both actually both. What did you two end up fighting about? It must have been big since you two really don’t fight that much.” He said.

            “I told mom and dad about Soohyun and I. Dad isn’t taking it well. Mom on the other hand is a bit too overjoyed by the whole thing. She thinks that the reason why I couldn’t keep a job was because all the guys were distracting me.” Hoon explained.

            His uncle just nodded his head. “Yeah that seems like my sister to assume something like that. Did you bring Soohyun with you?” He asked.

            Hoon nodded. “He’s in the kitchen with mom.” He replied.

            “I see. Well at least I don’t have to hide the fact that I know that you and Soohyun are together now to your parents. That was getting a little too hard.” His uncle said.

            “Well don’t tell them that you have known for a while. I’m pretty sure that dad will explode if he hears that.” Hoon explained.

            “That is a very good point. He actually looks like he is going to explode any second. Did you bring a car here today?” His uncle asked.

            Hoon’s eyes widened in shock and then the groaned. “We took the bus because it was more convenient today. Why didn’t I think about that?” He asked himself.

            “Then you are completely screwed here. Sorry to admit that to you. But someone in this family needs to give you the cold hard facts. I’m just the unfortunate soul that has to do it.” His uncle explained.

            Hoon looked up and glared. “I guess that’s why you’re my favorite uncle.” He said sarcastically again.

           

<3<3<3

 

            In the kitchen Soohyun was helping Hoon’s mother cook. Before he became the famous idol he was, he would always cook with his mother since she believed that if he knew how to cook then he would surely find a girl and get married. It was quite obvious now that that wasn’t the case.

            “I really appreciate you coming and helping me cook dinner Soohyun. It’s very kind of you.” Hoon’s mother said.

            “It’s really no problem. My mother had the theory that if a man knows how to cook, then he will surely get married in no time. But when she said that I’m sure she had a girl in mind.” Soohyun said jokingly.

            Hoon’s mother giggled and then started to cut up some vegetables. Then she really started to think. “How is your mother? Is she okay now since your father passed away?” She asked.

            Soohyun nodded and smiled. “She’s fine. Of course she still mourns him and it’s only natural. There are times when she really misses him. But she still has my sister and me so I think that she’ll be fine.” He explained.

            Hoon’s mother nodded and smiled. “Well you can tell her that if she ever wants to talk or needs some company that she can call me. I know that we don’t know each other but since our sons are involved with each other that she and I can really get to know each other over that.” She explained.

            Soohyun looked at her and nodded. “I really think that she would like that. She needs to talk to someone who is going through the same thing as her. Having a gay son really must not be that easy.” He joked a little while knowing that it was the truth.

            “Honestly I really didn’t see this coming. But it all made sense when you two told us the truth. For the past couple months he really seemed to be acting weird around us. At least now I know why he has been acting strange.” She explained.

            “Well I’m glad that you are taking it so well.” Soohyun said.

            “To be honest with you, I’ve always wanted a son-in-law. I thought that it would be cute to watch him take care of my daughter and see her happy. I basically got what I wanted only my son was the one who got to be happy with another man.” She explained.

            Soohyun sighed and then crossed his arms. “For some reason I feel like your husband is a little more hesitant than you though. He really is opposed to Hoon and I being together isn’t he?” He asked.

            Hoon’s mother finished cutting the vegetables and started to cook them. “You have to understand that my husband is a very traditional man. He wants everything to be the way it’s supposed to be. If it is not then he gets a little crazy and starts to freak out.” She explained.

            That made sense to Soohyun. “I guess I would get that way too if I were a traditional type of person.” He explained.

            “Probably. But let’s not focus on that right now. Let’s get cooking so that everyone can eat.” Hoon’s mother said.

            “I think that’s a good idea.” Soohyun said and continued to help Hoon’s mother cook the dinner.

 

<3<3<3

 

            When the dinner was ready the family sat at the dining table and started to eat. The table was very quiet at first. Hoon and his father really didn’t say much while his mother, his uncle, and Soohyun got into a deep conversation about work.

            By the end of the night everyone said their goodbyes and left the house. “See you later mom.” Hoon said.

            “I’ll talk to you later sweetie. Bye Soohyun.” She said.

            “Bye Mrs. Yeo.” Soohyun replied and bowed.

            They started to walk off when Hoon’s uncle walked up behind them. “Why don’t I give you boys a ride home?” He offered.

            Soohyun and Hoon looked at each other and nodded. “That would be great Minwoo Hyung. You can just drop us off at my apartment.” Soohyun said.

            “Sounds good to me. Get to my car and I will drive you home.” Hoon’s uncle said.

            Hoon and Soohyun sat in the back seat together and started to whisper to each other. “Well it went better than you thought it would.” Soohyun said trying to get Hoon to lighten up.

            “I know. But I really think that my dad is mad at me. He’s probably going to ignore me for a while.” Hoon explained.

            “He’s not used to having a gay son. It’s not something that you can just understand. He needs time to process it.” Soohyun explained.

            Hoon sighed and then nodded. “I know.” He said.

            Soohyun smiled and put an arm around Hoon’s shoulders and pulled him closer. Hoon rested his head Soohyun’s shoulder and took in a deep breath. Soohyun looked at Hoon and gave him a kiss on the head. The hard part was over and now they just had to wait to see what would happen in the future.

 

A/N: Wow it has been a long time since I have updated. I'm sorry guise. I've just been so busy lately. Plus I was also working on another fanfic. I promise that I won't abandon this one. I think I haven't touched it in a while too because I am in denial that it might be ending soon :'( Up next is....well....you're gonna have to wait and see ;). Thanks for reading. Thanks to my subscribers. I love you all! Also leave comments. I love reading them :) See you guise soon.