Meeting the Other Parents

The Thing Is, I Think I Love Him

           Hoon woke up to the morning sun shining on his face. He groaned and looked around. He saw Soohyun sitting on the edge of the bed drinking coffee. There was certain calmness about Soohyun. This had to be the most relaxed that Hoon had ever seen Soohyun. Since Soohyun was a Kpop star he was always rushing or working. Then when Soohyun’s parents found out about their relationship that just added more stress to the mix.

            Hoon sat up in the bed. He was topless but that was because that was how he usually slept. He crawled over to Soohyun and hugged him from the back. He wrapped his arms around Soohyun’s shoulders and put his cheek on his back. Soohyun smiled and with one hand held onto one of Hoon’s arms around him.

            “Good morning.” Soohyun said and kissed Hoon’s arm.

            “Morning.” Hoon replied and then kissed Soohyun’s shoulder.

            Soohyun smiled and then took a sip of his coffee. “You know, I have been thinking.” He said.

            “Is that ever a good thing?” Hoon joked.

            Soohyun chucked a bit. “Anyway, I have been thinking that it’s about time that we tell your parents about us.” He explained.

            Hoon’s eyes grew very wide. He pulled away from Soohyun and shook his head. “I don’t think so Soohyun. I don’t want to tell them yet.” He replied.

            Soohyun sighed. “Hoon we have to tell them sometime. If we don’t then isn’t that basically living a lie?” He explained.

            “We are not living a lie Soohyun. I’m just not ready to explain to them about me being gay. Don’t take this the wrong way, I love you, I just don’t know how my parents are going to react. I don’t want the same thing to happen with my parents like it did with yours.” Hoon explained.

            Soohyun turned around and put an arm around Hoon. “It is not going to be like how it was with my parents. My parents have always been strict and they had the pressure of their son being a famous singer. You have parents that love you and aren’t stressed about you.” He explained.

            Hoon put his hands up to his face and sighed. “I don’t know Soohyun. I don’t think that I can do it. What are they going to think?” He asked and then looked at Soohyun with his beautiful brown eyes.

            Soohyun always melted when he saw those eyes. He leaned in and gave Hoon a kiss. “No matter what they think I will always be here for you. You have been there for me when I had a hard time. So let me return the favor.” He said.

            Hoon bit his lip and nodded. “Alright I’ll do it. But you need to do something for me first.” He said.

            Soohyun smiled. “Okay what is that?” He asked.

            “You need to make me breakfast and then dinner.” Hoon said.

            “What about lunch?” Soohyun asked.

            “I want to go eat mandoo for lunch.” Hoon said.

            Soohyun laughed and nodded. “Okay it’s a deal. But first.” He said and then he kissed Hoon again. He pushed Hoon back on the bed and started kissing Hoon countlessly.

            “Soohyun stop it.” Hoon said with a giggle in his voice.

            “Okay I’ll go make you breakfast.” Soohyun said and then got up from the bed and went into the kitchen.

 

<3<3<3

 

            The day that Hoon and Soohyun had to confess about their relationship came faster than Hoon expected. He was extremely nervous but he had to find just the right courage to face his parents. He went over how he thought it was going to go down in his head. He thought of two versions. His parents being okay with it and then his parents throwing a fit and never wanting to see him again. He was seriously hoping that it was the first version.

            Both Soohyun and Hoon were in front of Hoon’s parents house. Hoon just stared at the door while Soohyun sighed and put his hands in his pockets.

            “Well shall we go in?” Soohyun said while starting to walk to the front door. Hoon caught his wrist though.

            “You know, we can just leave now and do this some other time.” Hoon said nervously.

            Soohyun rolled his eyes. “Stop being such a chicken Hoon. The sooner we get this over with the sooner we can go home.” He said.

            “I just want to go home no- wait, did you just call me a chicken?” Hoon asked.

            Soohyun nodded. “Yes I did. That is exactly what you are being right now.” He said.

            “I AM NOT A CHICKEN!!!” Hoon yelled back.

            “Then prove it. Let’s go in and talk to your parents right now.” Soohyun said.

            “Fine, let’s go.” Hoon said and stormed off.

            One of the many things Soohyun learned about Hoon was that when you called him something that wasn’t true and what he believed wasn’t true then he would make it a point to show them that they are wrong. Being called a chicken really motivated him to prove Soohyun wrong. He wandered how long it would take Hoon to find out what Soohyun had just done.

            Hoon walked right up to the door and knocked on it four times. Soohyun slowly followed after Hoon and arrived right at the door when Hoon’s mother opened it. She had on a giant smile as she saw her son.

            “Hoonmin baby, how are you?” She asked and then gave her son a hug.

            “Oh, hi mom.” Hoon said and then returned the hug. He then pulled away and looked at Soohyun. “Mom this is Soohyun. I’m basically his assistant manager while Uncle Minwoo is really in charge of him. We were hanging out and wanted to see if you were home.”

            “Oh it’s very nice to meet you.” Hoon’s mother said.

            “Thank you it’s very nice to meet you too. Is it just you home today?” Soohyun asked.

            “No my husband is home too. Please come inside and I’ll make you two some tea.” Hoon’s mother said.

            Both Soohyun and Hoon walked inside the house and took off their shoes. “Mom you don’t have to make us tea. We won’t be here for long will we Soohyun?” Hoon asked while hinting to Soohyun.

            Soohyun raised an eyebrow and then smiled. He was definitely up to no good. “It’s okay Mrs. Yeo, I would love to have some tea. I could even help you if you want.” He replied.

            Hoon dropped his jaw in shock. He just couldn’t believe Soohyun at the moment. He really wanted to just hit him. “It’s okay hun. You can just sit down in the living room where Hoon’s father is.” Hoon’s mother replied.

            Soohyun nodded and then Hoon’s mother went into the kitchen to prepare the tea. Once she was out of sight Hoon hit Soohyun in the arm. “I can’t believe you. I thought we were just going to get this over with.” Hoon said.

            We are but we can just hang out with your family first. That never hurt anyone.” Soohyun explained.

            “You know, if we really weren’t together I think I might have killed you by now.” Hoon said softly.

            “Well good thing that we are together then.” Soohyun replied seductively. He then went further into the house. Hoon sighed and then followed him.

            As Soohyun walked deeper into the house he finally found Hoon’s father. He walked up to him and introduced himself. “Hello Mr. Yeo, my name is Shin Soohyun and I work with your son.” He said.

            Hoon’s father opened his eyes wide and then smiled. “Ah yes, it’s nice to final meet you. You’re the singer right?” He asked.

            “Yes I am sir.” Soohyun replied.

            “Hoon, you seem to have gotten quite an easy going one. You sure lucked out.” His father said.

            Hoon put on a fake smile. “Trust me dad, everything is not what it seems.” He replied.

            Soohyun looked at him and gave him a bit of a glare. Hoon didn’t really react to it since he was getting his payback now. He sat down on the couch and then Soohyun and his father started talking to each other for quite a while.

 

<3<3<3

 

            About an hour later Hoon was sitting quietly on the couch while Soohyun was talking to his parents about close to everything. There was almost nothing that they didn’t talk about. There was even a point where his mother took out an old photo album of him and showed Soohyun a bunch of pictures. This embarrassed him the most. He just wanted to get it over with.

            “So what is the reason for you two to be visiting us today?” Hoon’s mother asked.

            Soohyun lost his smile and then looked at Hoon. He stood up and walked over to where he was. Soohyun reached out his hand for Hoon’s. Hoon was very hesitant but he grabbed Soohyun’s hand and stood up.

            They both looked at each other and sighed. This was going to be a very interesting moment for both of them. But they both took in a deep breath. They had each other and that was all that was going to matter.

            Hoon turned and then looked at his parents. “Mom, dad, there is actually something that we need to tell you.” He said.

            “What is it son?” Hoon’s father asked.

            “Well, this has been going on for a while and I have been thinking of a way to tell you this. But, Soohyun and I are together. And the thing is, I think I love him. No, I don’t think, I know.” Hoon replied.

            Soohyun was very proud of what Hoon had just done. He knew that it was a lot for him to stand up to his parents and say that he was gay. It was even braver to bring over the boyfriend to the house as well. So he really appreciated what Hoon had done for him.

            His parents on the other hand were extremely shocked. His mother and father had no idea what to say. But because of the shock Hoon’s mother dropped her cup of tea onto the floor. She was just frozen.

            “You two are what?” Hoon’s father asked in a slightly aggressive tone.

            Hoon took in a deep breath and swallowed. This was not the reaction that he was hoping for. It was a reaction that Hoon never saw coming.

 

A/N: Hello everyone! I feel like its been forever even though it hasn't. How is everyone? As you could probably see I made some adjustments in the background and I made my own poster for my story on the foreward. I was bored so I decided to spice this story up a little more. If the background is too much for you just let me know in the comments and I'll take it down. I know its distracting since you see six hot guys constanly in the back but hey, I thought it was nice.

Anyway as you could see this chapter wasn't very serious like most. I thought I would do a fun chapter for once. But of course I need to put my cliff hangers. Muahaha I'm so evil. Jk. Thanks to all you readers and thank you to my subscribers. You guys are awesome. Please leave comments because I love reading them.