Chapter 35

Not Just Medicine

Chanyeol's POV

"Hyung! My team won the football tournament!" I said, flopping down on the couch and picking up the TV remote.

Hyung was sitting on the kitchen table, with his notes spread out before him. He was studying something with a lot of concentration. His brow was furrowed and he was chewing on the end of his pencil, a nervous habit.

"Hm?" was his reply to my declaration.

"You seem nervous." I switched off the TV, "Stuff okay?"

"Yeah Yeol. I just have a big surgery tomorrow. Prepping up. That's all. The dinner is in the fridge. Mind heating it up?" 

I pouted. This was only reserved for Hyung, my cuteness. After all a teenage boy can't be seen going around with pouts on his face. 

"I want icecream." I whined.

"Not now Chanyeol."

"But..."

Hyung dropped his pencil and looked up from his work with a sigh, "Tomorrow okay? I promise."

"You'll be late." I muttered.

"I'll come as early as possible. Now quickly. Hyung is hungry Yeol"

I paused for a moment. It all still seemed so fresh in my mind. Like he hadn't ever really left.

Pooja did not say anything. She stared at me calmly, waiting for me to continue as and when I felt like it.

Taking a deep breath, I plunged back into that day.

It was raining heavily. I was slouching on the couch, flipping through my math textbook, not getting a word of what was written. Screw trigonometry. Frustrated, I leaned back on the couch and sighed. Hyung was late. As always. I had bought ice cream on the way back home and it was lying in the fridge, awaiting its demise. This man was too much. I get that he is a doctor but he has to take out time for me too. How is this fair? He better be home quick.

As soon as I had flipped another page in my textbook, the phone rang loudly. I sprang up from my seat and snatched the phone up, "Hyung you better not be doing double shift today. I'm really going to get mad."

There was silence on the line. 

I panicked slightly. Maybe this wasn't Hyung .

"H-Hello...?" I said hesitantly.

"Is that Park Chanyeol? I'm the Director of your brother's hospital." I heard a voice on the line. 

. Hyung was going to kill me. 

"I'm so sorry sir!" I said quickly, "I thought it was my brother. I-"

"Chanyeol." he said grimly and I felt nervous suddenly.

"Y-yes?"

"We need you to come to the hospital quickly. Your brother... he's been in an accident."