Chapter 26

Not Just Medicine

 

Panchali’s POV

“Chanyeol I don’t think this is a good idea.” I said as Chanyeol checked out every single girl standing in the crowded bar.

I nagged at the end of his shirt again and he turned to me briefly and said “Shut up.” before turning back to a particular girl standing alone in a corner, nursing a drink in her hands.

Grumbling, I folded my arms and said, “I don’t even know why you brought me here.”

“Because,” he turned to me and took my hands in his “You’re my bro.”

His eyes glistened and I raised my eyebrows.

“Since when?” I chuckled.

“You talk too much.” He said and turned to another girl.

I scoffed and he turned back and dipped his face to meet my eyes, “And if I don’t find another girl you’ll have to give me company the whole night.”

I backed away and he chuckled and straightened again.

“Don’t worry,” he said, running a hand through his hair “I don’t bite.”

“What do you even mean by that?!” I began to say but was cut off when he said

“Much. I don’t bite much.”

My eyes widened.

“CHANYEOL! SHUT UP!”

He chuckled, “I’m sorry I’m sorry. Okay I know which one.” He said and pointed to a rather busty female leaning on the bar.

Her dress was abominably short everywhere and I was wondering why she had even bothered to wear it. She could have saved cloth and not worn anything. If she was already giving guys so much happiness, she could’ve given them a little more.

She had blonde highlights in her hair and was leaning on the bar in what seemed to be a very uncomfortable manner.

“So what do I do?” I asked and looked at him.

“Follow me. And learn. So that you can help me later.” He said and started to walk towards her.

I followed him at a safe distance.

“Hey.” He said to her and smiled seductively.

I almost choked on my mineral water.

“Hey…” she said and I almost puked.

“I just wanted to inform you. If a fat man puts you in a bag at night, don't worry I told Santa I wanted you for Christmas.” He said and smirked.

She stared at him with a disgusted expression for almost three seconds before she turned and left quickly.

I tried hard but I just couldn’t control myself and started laughing like a crazy person, falling everywhere.

“Yeah yeah.” Chanyeol rolled his eyes, “She wasn’t even that hot.”

 I nodded, wiping a tear from my eyes.

“Lets try her.” Chanyeol said and made his way to another female some way away.

She looked much like the other one but she had a little more clothing on her. Stress on ‘a little’.

“If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put U and I together.” he said and I instantly facepalmed.

Sure enough she said “Yeah and I’d put N and O together.” and went away.

Chanyeol came back and I patted his back.

“Dude. Lets just go back.”

“NO! I’ll find someone.”

I sighed and nodded as he went back to more girls.

“If I had a garden I'd put your two lips and my two lips together.”

“You are so sweet you could put Hershey’s out of business.”

“You’re so beautiful you made me forget my pick up line.”

“Could you please step away from the bar? You're melting all the ice!”

“Let's have breakfast together tomorrow; shall I call you or nudge you?”

Two girls walked away.

One threw her drink in his face.

One had a girlfriend.

And one was a guy.

“Chanyeol.” I begged, “Come on? Please?”

He walked over to me, looking quiet defeated.

“I’m useless…” he muttered and I said “Hey no! Okay say what. Let me help you now.”

He just nodded and stood next to the bar, draining his beer in one go.  

I chose a suitable girl who looked like she had some brains and walked up to her.

“Hi!” I said cheerfully and she turned to me with a questioning glance.

“I was just wondering if you found my friend over there cute.” I pointed at Chanyeol.

She looked him up and down and then smiled shyly and said “I do.”

“What a coincidence he finds you cute too! You guys are so similar!” I gasped and ushered her towards Chanyeol whose eyes widened.

‘No pick up lines!’ I mouthed and he nodded and grinned and started talking to the sweet looking girl.

I smiled happily and grabbed an empty booth and just kept staring at Chanyeol laughing happily.

He had a weird coping mechanism but then everyone is different.

Taking out a book from my bag I got engrossed in reading.

“You’re reading in a bar?” I heard a voice after a significant amount of time and looked up to see Chanyeol crashing onto the seat in front of me.

He was smiling happily as he waved a piece of paper.

“Her number~” he sang and I laughed.

“Good job… bro.” I said and patted his shoulder as he grinned, “You’re a good wingman.”

“And your pick up lines are terrible!”

We both laughed but fell into an awkward silence once we were silent.

“Hey which intern do you like out of us all?” he asked suddenly.

I shrugged “You’re all cool.”

“Its Suho isn’t it?” he looked up and grinned mischievously.

I blushed.

“Well he takes care of me but really I don’t know.” I said.

He nodded and swirled his drink before looking up and meeting my eyes, “I think Kai likes you.”

I choked on my mineral water and coughed before laughing and shaking my head.

“I’m serious.” He said and blinked.

I looked up at him, “Dude. Kai’s like a catch and stuff okay? He’s good looking. He’s a nice guy and he’s brainy too. And I’m just… me. I don’t see why he would like me.”

 He was about to say something but I quickly said “Look at the time! Its almost 1am. Lets go back neh?”

He nodded and got up slowly.

“Omo!” I said suddenly, “I had to return Suho’s book. He’ll be at the dorm. I’ll give it to him.”

“Suho moved out.” Chanyeol said suddenly.

“What?” I asked, confused.

Why didn’t he tell me?

“Yeah.” Chanyeol said, looking surprised “he said there were some personal reasons or something. He didn’t tell you…?”

I shook my head, silently.

“Well he said he stays up till like 3 so we could go visit him. His house is very close.”

“I don’t think it’s a very good time.” I said and walked out of the bar with Chanyeol right behind me.

“Its all right. Though I should be getting back to the dorms. I need to do some stuff. I’ll drop you off?”

I didn’t say anything. I did want to go see Suho but he hadn’t even bothered to tell me. He probably didn’t even want me there.

Chanyeol studied me for a second and then grabbed my hand.

“Come on. I don’t bite.” He grinned.

“Much.” He added and I looked at him wide eyed as he chuckled.

                                                         ~~~

I knocked on the door feeling extremely out of place. We were standing in the hallway of a high rise apartment building. Suho lived here.

Chanyeol was standing beside me, looking everywhere.

“Nice place.” He said and both of us turned back to the door just as Suho opened it.

Suho’s eyes grew wide and before I was able to say anything Chanyeol patted my back and said “Okay bro. I’m gonna run. Bye!”

“Ch-Chanyeol!” I tried to stop him but he rushed off and I was left standing alone in the hallway with Suho.

Right then I heard a female voice from inside “Who is it?”

I instantly wanted the floor to open up and swallow me. 


Omo. Who's the girl with Suho at 1 am? O_O