Chapter 32

Not Just Medicine

Kai

I held her hand gently as I led her into a park. My heart was bursting. I felt like I had everything. She was close to me. So close. She was all mine. All mine. 

Glancing at her I grinned. She was chewing on her lower lip and looking all around with big eyes. Her face seemed to glow. She was so beautiful. 

"Kai?" I heard her say and shook my head to clear my thoughts.

She was looking at me with a questioning gaze. 

"Y-yes?" I asked, grinning at how cute she was looking with her little slipper earrings. 

"Why are you staring at me like that?" 

I noticed a blush creeping up her cheeks and instantly leaned forward, planting a kiss on her cheek.

"Y-yah!" she squeaked, "People will see." 

"I love you." I said and she looked up at me with wide eyes. 

Her eyes had permanently assumed that shape. She reminded me of a certain wide eyed friend of mine. 

"I love you too." she said and looked down, trying to hide her grin as I cupped her face and was about to plant her lips on mine when a ball suddenly hit her head and knocked her face out of my hands.

"Ahhh..." she groaned, raising a hand to her temple and bending.

"A-are you okay?!" I asked and she nodded which was when I heard a high pitched voice behind me, "AJUSHI! BALL!"

I turned around to see a little kid with his hands on his hips staring expectantly at me.

Picking up the ball, I tossed it to the kid and saw Panchali straighten and stare at the little kid.

I grinned at her, "Babies are awesome aren't they?"

"I suppose..." she said.

"I want to have an army of babies!" I said, not noticing her awkwardness at first.

"uh... nice!" she said.

"Remember when Dr. Miryo told us that we'd have babies running all over the place?"

She blushed a deep shade of red and didn't respond. That was when I realized what kind of an idiot I was being. She obviously didn't like the idea of babies. 

"I mean! Not like that! I mean! Uh..." I tried to respond but ended up slipping and falling in the sand pit, destroying the sand castle of two kids who instantly started crying, beat me up and ran to their mother. 

That was when I heard Panchali start to laugh and for some reason it made me feel all gooey ad fluffy inside. I stopped trying to fight feeling so helpless around her. I could no longer help it. She was my one and only. And I knew that now. 

I just stared at her, a stupid smile gracing my face as she collapsed into the sand pit beside me and tossed some sand on me. 

"Yah!" I said and tossed some back at her.

We ended up playing in the sand for a long time, building a sannd castle together, making little houses and pretending we were the owners of a village.

Before I knew it, it was evening. Time just flew by with her. 

"Here." I said handing her a can of coffee which she graciously accepted. 

We were sitting on the grass on a hill, staring down at the kids playing, running around each other, their parents chasing them.

"This reminds me of when I was a kid." I chuckled and I turned to glance at her.

To my surprise I noticed a sort of sad but beautiful aura around her. A smile graced her angelic face but her eyes didn't show the same emotion. I could see deep pits of sadness in them. 

"Y'know..." she said and glanced at me once before staring back at the ground, "I never had that. Any of that. My parents were always busy, working. Or so they said. My grandma was the only one who cared for me. They both had so many affairs. And they didn't even care if I caught them. As a kid I just wanted to grow up and get out of my house. I was always forced to pretend it was okay. But it wasn't. I didn't know who to blame. My parents blamed me for their fights. They used to fight. All the time. They would throw stuff at each other. And then my father would come, thrash me up a bit and go away, to another girlfriend's house. My mother would yell. And then she'd leave too. I would just curl up and read. When I was being beaten, or yelled at I would just analyze their mental health. Try to find out what was causing it. That was the only thing that kept me going."

She laughed dryly and looked at me, "Thanks Kai. You gave me the warmth of a family I never had."

"I love you." she said and kissed me softly once. 

Chanyeol

I was making my way back to the bed when I heard a familiar voice, "Dr. Miryo thought this would happen. She gave me a spare keycard."

I spun around to see that girl, Pooja standing in front of me.

She waved a keycard and quickly pocketed it.

"So," she said, "Lets begin." 

"Begin what?"

"Our sessions."

I felt a strange sensation deep within me. I couldn't put a finger on it. I found myself slowly walking towards her. 

She simply stared at me, with a small smile on her face. What was she so happy about?

I wanted nothing more than to wipe that smile off her face somehow.

Walking slowly, I made my way  towards her.

She simply stood there as I edged closer to her and planted my arms firmly on the wall, trapping her between them. 

She glaned at my arms and continued to stare at me sweetly as I bent in close to her, making her take a step back. I leaned in closer, my face inches from hers.

"Don't come close to me." I whispered.

"I think we're close enough." she said with a firm look in her eyes.