Chapter 28

Not Just Medicine

Panchali’s POV

Ruffling my hair, I crashed on the bed. It had been a hell of a long day.

Kai had recovered very fast. He was already back to work.

Suho had shifted out of the dorms to spend the little time he had with Sumin.

Luhan was being his usual quite self though I’d noticed that he had started laughing and smiling a lot more.

But Chanyeol… he’d been acting very weird. He’d get drunk practically every other day.

With no one around I had to be the one to get him from random people’s bedrooms. It was getting a little too much.

Almost three months of my internship had passed. I didn’t even know where the time had gone.

Just having left Chanyeol in his room, I was finally going to get some sleep after having studied the whole day for a new surgery. I really needed to talk to that guy. Only he was always wasted.

I sighed.

I hadn’t even bothered to change out of my clothes. Kicking my shoes off, I curled into the pillow and closed my eyes.

I was half asleep when the phone rang loudly.

Swearing loudly, I reached out to pick it up. Who the hell is it at one in the morning?

My eyes suddenly forgot all sleep upon seeing the caller ID. It was Kai.

“H-Hello?” I picked it up and said uncertainly.

“Panchali!” he said in that deep voice of his.

“Yes?” I asked. For some random reason I could feel my blood pulsing through me. I shot up straight in my bed, my eyes wide.

“Hey. Actually I wanted some ice cream. You want to get some?”

“Kai, its one at night.” I stated.

“I know.” He said simply.

“I’ll be outside your room in 5.” I said, yanking on my boots.

He chuckled, “I’m outside your room idiot. Come out quick.”

I gasped and hung up, quickly pulling the door open.

Sure enough, he was standing there, smiling sweetly. His hair was messy and ruffled and for some strange reason my hand stretched of its own will and the next thing I knew I was sort of it.

He gave me a questioning look and I quickly pretended to shake something off his hair and coughed.

“Wash your hair. Its dirty.” I said making him chuckle.

“Can’t. You wash it for me.” He winked and I blushed.

For some reason he was looking exceptionally good today. I was using all of my self control to not jump at him and hug him tightly. Now I don’t know what I was feeling.

He brushed past me and picked up the coat lying on my bed. Handing it to me he smiled and I felt these very weird sensations somewhere inside.

Dopamine secretions cause these weird sensations don’t they? And dopamine is secreted when you love someone. Did his system secrete dopamine when he saw me?

I looked up at Kai and instantly shook my head to clear my thoughts. Yah Panchali what are you thinking? He doesn’t love you. Don’t be all weird now.

Before I could have a strong debate with my own head, Kai linked his arm through mine and led me through the open doors.

I blushed a very deep shade of red and started blinking nervously. Dopamine, I hate you.

Kai’s POV

“What flavor do you want?” I asked her.

“Chocolate! Erm the biggest helping they have!” She said, enthusiastically as we stood inside the supermarket.

I stared at her as she grinned and I dug deep to find a big cup of chocolate icecream. Taking it out I grabbed myself a small orange bar and led her out.

For some awkward reason the only song going through my mind was Katy Perry’s Teenage Dream.

“Why did you have a craving for icecream so late?” Panchali’s voice pierced my thoughts and I looked at her as she gave me a questioning look, a spoonful of chocolate in .

“No reason.” I grinned as she her lips and started shivering suddenly.

“Everything all right?” I blinked and asked as she closed her eyes and grinned, still shivering.

“Are you cold?” I asked, taking my jacket off.

She was literally standing on one spot, on the balls of her feet and shivering.

“This is my excitement!” she said and grinned, “Its been ages since I had good Belgian chocolate!”

I continued to stare at her with an incredulous expression as she made severely inappropriate noises, shovelling huge spoonfuls of chocolate in .

“Can you stop ?” I muttered, gritting my teeth and hiding my cheeks.

Why the hell was I blushing?!

“Oh, but Kai…” she groaned, “So good….”

I grimaced and turned away, hiding my cheeks the best I could.

We continued to walk down the street with her and me well,  not making any sound at all.

“Yah lets sit. You haven’t even eaten yet.” She said and linked her arms through mine, leading me to an empty bench.

I just continued to blush and went along with her. This was a strange sensation. I had never blushed around girls. I was always the flirt. Right? Then what the hell was this girl doing? Why was she so annoying? So annoying? Was she really annoying. Well kinda sweet too. And she’s brave too. And she cared enough for me to… Yah Kai! What are you thinking.

I don’t like her. I don’t right?

We sat on the bench as I silently opened my orange bar and raised it to my mouth and it. I hated it. Why had I even taken an orange bar?

I threw Panchali a sidelong glance as she continued to shovel the chocolate in huge amounts in .

For some odd reason, I started grinning.

“Hey you want my jacket? You must be cold.” I said and she didn’t even look at me before saying, “Nah. My coat’s warm enough.”

I blinked.

This wasn’t the usual reaction.

“Body warmth then?” I smirked and she looked at me, with full.

She looked like a hamster.

“In your dreams.” She muttered, swallowing the chocolate down in one go.

I laughed and ruffled her hair causing her to push my hand away, whining loudly “Don’t spoil my hair! Meanie!”

Laughing again, unknowingly I wrapped one arm around her shoulder and puller her close.

All of a sudden she turned to face me. Our faces were centimeters away.

Her eyes were wide and unblinking and I stared into them, breathless.

Her lips parted slowly and before I knew it my face was inching closer to hers.

“Panchali…” I whispered, “I think… I like you.”

Having said this I softly pressed my lips against hers. She didn’t react in any way.

We sat there for what felt like a short breathtaking moment before she abruptly broke apart, blushing deeply, as SHINee’s Hello started playing.

I stared at her as she retrieved her phone from an inside pocket and stuck it to her ear after muttering, “Its Suho.”

Panchali’s POV

What just happened? Did Kai just tell me he liked me? Did he just kiss me?

Seriously contemplating on my mental health I stuck the phone to my ear and heard Suho’s hysterical voice.

I instantly asked if everything was alright.

“No oh lord no! Sumin is very sick! And my father just went to jail over a property tiff. My mother is very scared and she has no clue what to do. I have to go there now. Oh Panchali can you PLEASE come here and take care of Sumin?!” he gasped and I blinked and then stuttered,

“B-but Suho I’m kind of…”

“Panchali I have no clue who else to call. Luhan isn’t picking up. Chanyeol is drunk as always. Please Panchali! I wouldn’t ask if it wasn’t important.”

What else could I say?

“Alright Suho… I’ll be right there.” I muttered.

“Thank you so much Panchali. I can’t express how thankful I am.” He said and suddenly I felt my phone being wrenched away from me.

I looked up to see an infuriated Kai with my phone in his hand. His hand was trembling as if he wanted to break my phone then and there.

“K-Kai…” I stammered, understanding what he had thought of the situation.

He got up abruptly and threw the phone in my lap before walking away.

I chased after him, trying to keep up with his fast pace, “Listen Kai! Suho needs help! Come with me! Please! Just listen!” I called out as he raised his arm to flad a cab nearby.

I caught his arm and gave him a pleading look but he shrugged it away quickly and got into the cab, leaving quickly.

I gasped “His father is in trouble. His daughter-“ but I couldn’t complete my sentence before he sped away, leaving me alone on the street, the tub of chocolate still in my hand.

 


How long has it been since I updated? Well I'll update more often now (probably not)