Chapter 16

Not Just Medicine

Panchali’s POV

I yelled loudly and stumbled off the bed, dragging the blanket with me.

The stupid thing got all tangled in my feet and I crashed on the floor.

“Mmh…” I heard some noise from the bed.

I stood up instantly and backed away.

I could see Kai rise slowly and rub his eyes.

He yawned and looked around the room.

Then he looked at me.

He frowned and squinted then ruffled his hair.

He got off the bed and came towards me.

“YAH YOU! What did you do?!” I said and backed away against a wall.

He just kept coming closer, not fully opening his eyes.

“Hey stop!” I said and backed away more.

He put one hand on the wall beside me and I closed my eyes, preparing to hit him where it would hurt most.

“Who are you?” he mumbled and yawned.

“WHAT?!” I yelled and punched him across the face.

My face had turned the colour of a baboon’s .

He fell on the floor with a loud “Ow!” and rubbed his cheek.

That seemed to shake his hangover a little.

“Panchali?! What are you doing in my room?!” He gasped, still rubbing his cheek.

“That’s what I want to know!”

Both of us were silent for a moment.

I looked at my crumpled and crushed dress, haphazard hair and smeared lip gloss. My belt was nowhere to be found. One strap of the dress had fallen.

He had equally messed up hair, his shirt was nowhere to be found, the top button of his pants was open.

“Did you..” I began “Did I… did we…”

“Have ?” he completed for me.

Both of us looked away.

“What will I tell my grammy!” I said and sat on the bed.

“Why don’t I remember?” Kai said sitting on the floor staring outside the window.

“I only wanted to do it after marriage…”

“Why don’t I remember?”

“I’m ruined…”

“Why don’t I remember?”

“It was my first time… Robbed away from me…”

“Why don’t I remember?”

“YAH SHUT UP WOULD YOU!” I yelled smacking him on the head.

“Ouch! Sorry!” he said, clearly annoyed.

“Okay okay.” I breathed, “Calm down Panchali… calm okay? We’re going to be calm and sort stuff out calmly okay? Calm calm calm… WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF SOMETHING HAPPENS?!”

“Sheesh woman. Calm down. You’re like 23. Chill. And how did you get so drunk? I thought it was your first time drinking…”

“N-no. I’ve had soju before. Lots of it.”

“Then how did you forget?” He said getting off the floor, clutching his head.

“Okay! No one needs to know about this! This never happened!” I said quickly leaping off the bed.

My belt and clutch were tangled in the sheets and I grabbed them.

“W-Wait!” I heard Kai say as I rushed out of the door.

Before he could grab my hand I ran to my room and quickly closed the door after me.

I stopped for a minute to catch my breath and leaned against the door.

Next thing I knew, I has sunk to my knees.

“How could you let this happen you idiot, weirdo, dumb BIMBO!” I yelled out loud.

A wave of nausea passed over me and I rushed to the bathroom.

I was lying on the bathroom in a heap when I heard a knock on the door.

“Panchali?” I heard someone call it.

I think its Suho…

I picked myself up and opened the door.

Sure enough, Suho was standing there, smiling that charming smile of his.

His face made a 180 degree turn upon seeing me.

My shoulders were hunched and my eyes half closed. My hair was messy and half of it had frizzed and was standing up. And of course my dress.

“Wh-What happened?!” he said and blinked.

“Alcohol is what happened…” I said and motioned for him to come in.

“Hey umm…” he said scratching the back of his neck “The thing is Dr. Komal has asked all of us to be in the hospital in half an hour. There are a bunch of complicated cases.”

“Oh man.” I groaned and scratched my head.

“Should I tell her you can’t come?”

“No no you guys go. I’ll be there.”

“Need any help?”

I smiled at him and shook my head.

“I’ll manage.”

“Okay! Later then!” he said and I closed the door.

I sobbed silently as I crashed on the bed.

What have I gone and done?

Panchali, you dork.

You dumb dork.

You dumb bimbo dork.

Why do you always end up in trouble?

I should get ready now…

Forcing myself off the bed, I silently put on the surgical clothes. God help me.

Kai’s POV

I was waiting with Chanyeol and Luhan impatiently in the interns room.

Chanyeol was leaning against his locker, chewing on a chocolate bar.

Luhan was sitting in a corner reading a book very seriously. He didn’t look like he wanted to be disturbed.

“So dude? Had fun last night?” Chanyeol grinned.

“What?” I asked narrowing my eyes at him.

“I didn’t know your alcohol tolerance was so low.” He said and I buried my head in my hands.

“How could you let me do that to her?! It was her first time!” I yelled at him.

“What are you talking about?” he asked, giving me a quizzical look.

“We… Panchali and I… We did it…” I said in a small voice and he was silent for all of five seconds before he burst out laughing.

I looked at him with an incredulous expression as he sank to his knees and rolled on the floor, clutching his stomach.

Luhan glared at us but didn’t say anything.

“Whats so funny?!” I demanded.

“You-“ He began but started laughing again “You… think… you had with her?!” He said finally, wiping tears from his eyes.

I nodded.

“Oh Kai… How was it bro?” He asked.

“What were you laughing about?”

“You don’t remember?” He asked.

“Well no.”

“Mmhmm…” he said and regaled me as to what I had done the previous night. By the time he had finished I was red in the face.

 “Firstly you guys got drunk and then you started kissing…” He began, “I was still dancing and I was wondering why the hell you were kissing her so intensely when you both fell to the floor and you took off your shirt. That’s when I intervened and pulled you off of her. She was giggling like a maniac. You’d smeared all her makeup anyways. Then while I was trying to put your shirt on she ran on the stage and started dancing. I couldn’t get to your buttons because so many guys had started to make their way towards her. So I had to grab her and by the time I got back, you were taking your pants off. You and clothes seriously! So I drag both of you out and then you jump into a fountain and start singing to the mermaid. Then while I try to get you out she starts doing Sorry Sorry in the middle of the road. So I drag you out all wet and then I leave you both for one second to get my car and the next thing I know you’re sitting on the street and singing nursery rhymes! Then I drag you into the car and both of you start calling me appa and giggling like maniacs! You threw your shirt at an by the way. And then you want ice cream and I get you icecream because both of you are wailing and when I come back the car is empty! And you’re in a flock of trees nearby, trying to climb them, saying you want the moon for her and she’s sitting on the ground crying. And then you come down and both of you start off again. So I left you in the back, making out. And then when I reach you’re both asleep so I was dumped both of you in your room. Now if you had after that then I don’t know but it was like 4 so I presume you just slept. Oh my god it was so funny. I made a video too. I’ll upload it.”

We heard a snicker to our side and turned our heads to see Luhan laughing. He was literally rolling on the floor.

Our eyes grew wide and suddenly Suho and Panchali entered.

Her hair was open and her cheeks were rosy. Her lips parted slightly and I noticed they were slightly bruised. She noticed my gaze and looked away, blushing like a rose.

Why am I looking at her lips anyway?

Dr. Komal ran in and exclaimed “Okay people I need all hands on deck. We have multiple traumas. There's been a blast."