5

What can only be a dream

-YURI'S POV-

I sat on the couch beside Eli, "you dont have somewhere to go at this time?" I asked. He chuckled and shook his head. "Of course not. The only reason I was busy so much was to earn up for getting that for you..." He said and smiled. I smiled and leaned my head on his shoulder. "I love you" I said and he put his arm around me "I love you too"

Kiseop, who was once on the chair and wandered to sit in the kitchen. Away from us completely. I wondered what was bothering him. Were he and Eli git in a fight? Was he mad about earlier? Every other possibility that came to my mind involved him liking me.. Which could only be a dream.

Soohyun and Hoon walked back in the house. They stopped and stared at Eli and me. Looked to the kitchen, staring at Kiseop. "That failed" Hoon said to Soohyun making him sigh. "Yeah.." He mumbled and walked into the kitchen. Hoon following him. "I cant believe we went to the store and bought nothing." Hoon complained, out of sigt. Everyone in the kitchen were out of sight yet completely audible.

I heard the fridge open. "There's no cheese?!" Soohyun shouted. "How am I supposed to cook those cheesy scalloped potatoes?" He said then gaspeed. "Uh.... I wasnt supposed to say that.." He muttered to himself. "Whats wrong with cheesy scalloped potatoes?" Hoon asked. The words echoed in my head. Cheesy scalloped potatoes. Cheesy scalloped potatoes.

To any regular person like Hoon, it was just a dish. To Eli beside me not caring about that sentence with his eyes glued to the TV. It was just a dish. To Kiseop sitting at the table kitchen, I think, I assume he probably is not caring as well. My heart raced remembering earlier when he held my hand. When I looked at him. When I could talk to him. When he smiled towards me for once and didnt ignored me, treat me like a dirt on the floor, or a spider on the wall. Something nobody would noticed unless they're looking for it. Something thats around you all the time but you dont notice.

Then I caught my mind back to the previous topic. Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes. That was my brother's favourite dish. My brother, Park TaeSung

"Soohyun." I spoke. I waited but he kept talking with Hoon about going back to get cheese. He didnt hear me. I sighed and walked over to the phone. I saw a sticky note above it. Many sticky notes. One was hidden underneath them all... Sneaky. I lifted them all up to reveal the hidden one.Cheesy scalloped potatoes for tomorrow evening.

I picked up the phone and went to voicemail. I found one and listened to it. Hello. This is the local jail. Park Tae Sung will be released tomorrow evening. Just a reminder. Please be here to claim him, as his sister- Park HyoEun whom is listed as his only family member. Thank you." ​  Then it clocked, showing they hung up. My brother was finally released.

"Yuri, baby.... I'm sorry but Dongho got home and went in a text rage over about how its my turn to cook and do dishes and all. So I have to go." He spoke, giving me a quick kiss, but a passionate one.

I nodded and smiled after kissing him back. He smiled and went out the door. I took a breath and went onto the kitchen. "Soohyun.." I said, turning the attention of Hoon and Kiseop, as well who I asked attention for Soohyun.

"Is there something you need to tell me?" I asked. Koseop and Hoon looked at me then at Soohyun. He looked down awkwardly. '"Uh.. well..." He said. "Because the giy from the jail told me pretty well.." I said. "You're going to jail?!" Hoon said. Soohyun laughed. "No, of course not!" He said and came to me, wrapping me in a hug.

"Yuri, I'm sorry I didnt tell you. But I dont know how. Your brother is being released from jail tonight. And with Eli and K-" I covered his mouth with my hand. I felt him smile so I pulled away. "And someone else, I figured would make your brother's favourite dish in your place and hold off telling you for a while." He said.

"It's fine, Soohyun. I understand.. Thanks for caring for me" I said and smiled at him, finally hugging him back We pulled away then stood there until Hoon broke the silence. "I dont mean to cause anything.. but.. how did your brother get in jail? I didnt even know you had a brother." He said.

I sighed. "I have a brother. Park TaeSung. And.. I'll tell the story of how it began." I said ,sitting at the table across from Kiseop as everyone else sat down. I looked up and saw Kiseop smile, causing me to look back down blushing.

"It happened about three years back. My parents died then, in a car crash. Later that night, my brother  went to a store to buy something. Outside the store, a man was murdering somebody. The man heard the police, the man in the store must've called them, and he fled. But he didnt flee with everyone else, no. He used his hand, yes, his hands and wiped the blood all over my brother;s white shirt. He pushed him down by the dead body, threw the knife at him, and the police pulled up just as the man turned the corner. My brother of course- was suspected and eventually held in jail. He was completely innocent."

He was always innocent... Kiseop's hand was on my shoulder and now he was beside me. I dont know when that happened. "I'm sorry, Yuri." he said. "I had a bad past at one point too. " He said, and looked down like he was going to cry, but he wiped away whatever tear he had and smiled at me. "I'll always be here for you too. I know you had a lot of people to rely on, and I have never really talk to you before, but I feel like I should be there for you" He spoke.

I looked down blushing like an idiot. "Thanks, Kiseop" If only you knew how much really meant to me...