She's the death of me!

The Bet

 

Morning came and I gotta go to class again. My life’s pretty boring here. I go to class, go to the library, eat, go home, sleep and go to class again. My parents are just being themselves at home. I got no friends well except Myungsoo, I think?

“Hey.” Someone tapped my back.

“Oh. Myungsoo, you’re my classmate?” I wondered. I haven’t seen him the entire 2 weeks when I got here. Maybe because I’m always late or I just come right in time when everyone’s seated already. To show respect, I always enter the back door.

He nodded. “You’re early today.” He said sitting beside me. “I sit there at the front row.” He pointed.

Oh, so he was the guy Hyorin is flirting with. Uhg. I thought he’s a nice guy and also a guy with good taste. Tch. It would be better if he’s with me. What am I even thinking? I laughed at the thought.

“You knew that I’m always late?” I asked.

“Not really but it’s the first time I see you here. I mean I don’t look back when the teacher’s already here.” He said.

“Mm, you’re right though.”

“Who are you talking to?” Hyorin said flashing his body in front of us. The sight of her really annoys the heck out of me. Why am I even in the same class as her? I hate seeing her so much. She always flirts around boys, from ugly to handsome. I think she thinks she’s the most gorgeous girl which is not true. Aha.

“Ah. She’s Jiyeon, our new classmate.” Myungsoo introduced.

I smiled and offered a hand shake to be polite but she just slapped my hand away while Myungsoo isn’t looking. Scaredy cat. How dare this girl? No one treated me like that in my life before. I have to be patient. Breathe in, breathe out.

“What a nice introduction.” I smiled with sarcasm. “Oh, the professor’s coming.”

Myungsoo waved and smiled at me before proceeding to his seat.

“Don’t you dare talk to him again.” Hyorin whispered to me.

“Why? Are you her mom to stop me from talking to him?” I smiled. “Go back to your seat, Ms. Kim, while I’m still being nice.”

She looked at me judgingly and went back to her seat. Does Myungsoo like that kind of girl? Like, oh my god, she’s really not worth it.

Class finished and I just watched Hyorin flirting with Myungsoo again. Without his hoodie, I can clearly see his facial expressions. He ain’t happy. Aha. You’re nothing to him, Hyorin. I walked out of the hallway wanting to go to the library to do some homework.

“Hi.” A girl waved at me.

“uh.. hi?” I said.

“I’m Hyomin. Park Hyomin.” She introduced. “What’s your name?”

“Jiyeon.” I smiled. She’s pretty and doesn’t look like a local girl. I mean she’s really pretty.

“You’re not a local here, aren’t you?” She asked.

“I came from Seoul.”

“Omg. You’re from Seoul? Me too! I’m new here!”

“Finally, a girl from the city, too!” another girl exclaimed.

“Who is she?” I asked.

“My name’s Lee Areum. Call me Areum.” She smiled.

“Hey, Areum and Hyomin, I guess I found new friends?” I slightly smiled.

“Yes, you did!” Hyomin exclaimed. “You know that girl, Hyorin?”

“What about her?”

“She hates girls from the city.” Areum answered.

“Why?”

“Because we’re prettier than her.” Hyomin snickered. That’s true. I mean, I won’t be humble anymore but that’s really true. I laughed with them.

“Does she always flirt around guys?” I asked.

“Most of the time. I think she’s really good at it.” Areum uttered. “I think she likes Myungsoo the most.”

“Who wouldn’t? He’s handsome, talented, smart, kind and in short, he’s perfect.” Hyomin spoke.

“No one’s…. perfect?” I stated remembering what happened the first time we met. “He’s quite awkward…. In a nice way.”

“You guys talked?” Hyomin went closer to me fueled with curiosity.

I nodded, “we stumbled with each other yesterday when I was out to buy some ice-cream and ended up changing my clothes in their house.”

“You what?” a sudden not-so-nice to hear voice was heard. We turned around only to see Hyorin listening to our conversation. “You changed your clothes in his house? You sl*t.”

“Wait what? Did you just call me a sl*t?” I retorted.

“Yes, I just did.” She confidently responded.

“No one ever called me that way and WOW, you’re the first one. It would be alright to be called that way if it didn’t come from the REAL sl*t.” I emphasized on the real part.

“Are you calling me the real sl*t?” Hyorin angrily walked to me.

“I didn’t say that. You did.” I smirked.

“Hey guys, chill.” Areum and Hyomin calming us down.

This girl really doesn’t know who she is dealing with. Does she even think that she can win over me? No one won from Park Jiyeon. I may not look like it but no one wants to fight with me. Ha.

“What’s going on here?” a guy with golden brown hair approached us. Is this university the home of good-looking guys? Why are they just appearing now? I haven’t seen them for two weeks. OMG. What am I missing here? I think this country side is the paradise for good-looking guys. No wonder there’s a b*tch like Hyorin here. Tch.

“They are bullying me.” Hyorin said clinging on the guy acting like a baby.

“Oh c’mon. Acting like a baby now, huh? Is he one of your boys, too?” I snapped. “You know what? I don’t care whether you own all of the guys here. The question is, do they like you, too? I guess not.”

“See? She’s really a bad girl.” Hyorin fakingly whined. Oh, she’s the death of me. I’m so gonna kill this girl.

“Hey miss, watch what you’re saying. You should stop that.” The guy calmly said.

“Now I’m the one who should stop? She insulted me first without even knowing me. Who cares if she’s the richest here? She should fix her attitude using her money but I think her money isn’t enough.” I retorted grabbing Areum and Hyomin with me. “Let’s go.”

“You were so cool out there!” Areum laughed loudly while we were sitting on a bench on the field.

“She’s irritating. Oh geez.” I said.

“You were the first one to do that to her.” Hyomin tapped my back chuckling.”

“By the way, who was that good-looking guy?” I asked.

“Lee Chanhee better known as Chunji. One of the heartthrobs here along with Myungsoo.” Areum blushed.

“Don’t tell me you like him? Why are you blushing?” I teased.

“Stop it. I don’t.” Areum denied with bright red cheeks.


I added a new character!. Aha. Well, I hope you guys like it.

Guys, remember that if the photo is Jiyeon, it's in Jiyeon's POV, ok? :D

What do you think about this chapter? Comments are highly appreciated. :))