Kid's First Love

The Bet

 

“I have to do something, Dasom. I have to.” Hyorin started on walking in front of Dasom back and forth while massaging her temples. Whenever she sees how close Jiyeon and Myungsoo were, her blood just boils of anger and she felt like the love of her life was taken away from her. “I won’t let her snatch Myungsoo away.”

“But honestly speaking, I think Myungsoo is really into her already, Hyorin. We can’t do anything about that.” Dasom sighed and felt sorry for her friend. She knows why Hyorin is acting this way around Myungsoo. She knows why Hyorin doesn’t want anyone to ‘snatch’ Myungsoo away from her. Myungsoo is her first love and she’s hoping him to be her last.

“No!” She looked at Dasom with anger in her eyes but her sight became blurry when tears started forming. “He promised to marry me when we were still a child. I remember that clearly. He has always been mine, Dasom, not until that ‘angel’ and Jiyeon came.” Hyorin didn’t know that the ‘angel’ she was talking about and Jiyeon is just one person.

The 5-year old Hyorin was alone playing at the park when she saw a boy her age playing with his mom. The boy caught her attention and she was watching him intently. Who would have known that a 5-year old girl can feel attracted to another kid when she’s still that young? The little boy was playing happily with his mom and Hyorin felt a little envious because the boy looked so happy. She has never experienced such thing with her own mother.

“Hyorin! Go home now!”

She heard her mom shouting from their house. Their home was just beside the park. As soon as she heard her mom, she got up quickly because she was afraid that her mom would spank her again. She ran but she lost her balance because of panic. She tripped and got her knee wounded. She felt the pain coming from her wound and started crying. Little did she know, the boy came running and approached her.

“Are you okay?”She looked up and saw the boy’s hand was extended to help her stand up. “Don’t cry. The wound will heal soon. Stand up.” He smiled and started helping her to get up. “You just have to wash the wound. My mom always does that for me when I have wound.”

“T-thank you.” She muttered.

“You’re welcome! What’s your name?” The boy grinned at her. His eyes were smiling too and were very sincere-looking. “My name’s Myungsoo.”

“H-hyorin.”

“Hyorin? Nice meeting you! You should go home now and wash your knee. My mom and I will accompany you home.” Myungsoo helped her walk and Hyorin just pointed where her house is and went home safely.

Since that day, the two kids spent their days playing together and became really close friends. One day, when they were playing at the hill, Hyorin saw a four-leaf clover and showed it to Myungsoo.

“What did you wish for?” Myungsoo asked smiling at her.

“I wish that I can live with Myungsoo forever and ever!” Hyorin grinned and touched the clover. Myungsoo nodded and chuckled agreeing with her wish.

“We should marry each other too like my parents! We will live together forever!” He chuckled and patted Hyorin’s head. She looked at him in awe and admired her friend.

A year had passed and the most heart-breaking news reached Myungsoo, his father died when he was seven. Hyorin tried comforting her friend and to let him forget that his father died even just for a day.

But one day, she saw Myungsoo who looked so brighter than ever who was running to her. Did she succeed on comforting him? “Hyorin, I saw an angel!” She was puzzled on what he was telling her. “I saw a beautiful angel at the other side of the river.” He grinned while catching his breaths.

“An angel?” She asked.

“Um!” Myungsoo nodded happily. “She’s so beautiful. I hope I’ll see her again. Anyway, I’m going! Bye!” Myungsoo ran off and went home.

Hyorin was left shocked and not moving an inch. How can a little girl face a situation like this in such a young age? Starting that day, she seldom see Myungsoo because according to his mom, he met another friend which is his best friend now, Chunji. She felt alone and unwanted and resulted on how she was acting now. But since then, she still loves Myungsoo as much as she can.

“You know that I love him so much, Dasom. I’ve tried everything just to make him see me but he’s busy admiring his angel and now, Jiyeon. Doesn’t he see me? Am I not good enough?” Hyorin sighed and sat on the floor while hugging her knees. “What’s wrong with me? Am I ugly?”

Dasom shook her head and sat down in front of her friend, “You’re not ugly. It’s just that, maybe, Myungsoo is really not meant for you. There are a lot of guys out there, Hyorin. You should just give yourself a chance, hm?” Dasom felt sad for her friend. She seldom sees Hyorin depressed and troubled but when it’s about Myungsoo this side of her shows up.

“But, he’s the one I want. I don’t want anyone else.” Hyorin pouted and dug her face on her knees. Her shoulders started to shake, a sign that she is crying. “I want to be with him forever. No one else.”

“Hyorin… You know that what you want is really close to impossible to happen.” Dasom caressed Hyorin’s arms trying to comfort her friend. She doesn’t like seeing her friend make herself bad just for a guy.

“No, I have to do something.” Hyorin wiped her tears and glared at Dasom. Dasom really doesn’t like what will happen when Hyorin looks at her that way. “I’ll think of something to make them avoid each other. If I have to reveal everything, I will.”

“You’ll just make yourself look bad in front of him too, Hyorin.”

Hyorin stood up and looked down at Dasom, “Who told you so? I’d make that girl look bad in front of him. If you don’t want to help me, I’d do it myself.”

Thank you guys! I reached the karma points needed xD I'l change my username when I introduce my next story! ^^

Thank you guys and I hope you enjoy this update! ♥