My angel is here.

The Bet

 

When I was a child, I remember seeing a big rainbow over the river. At that time my mother told me, “A rainbow is a door to heaven. When people die, they go to heaven through that door.” When I was a child, my father passed away and my mother went abroad to work which leaves me and my older sister alone. I told my mother to remarry but she doesn’t want to. When my older sister finished college, she went to the city to work leaving me here alone since I wanted to take care of our house here.

That time on the river, I saw a pretty little girl playing with the water. I think she’s in the same age as me. I wanted to play with her but my mom pulled me because we had to go home. It’s quite saddening that I wasn’t able to know her name. I looked at her for the last time and promised to never forget that beautiful angel I saw that day.

My name is Kim Myungsoo. My blood type is O. I am 18 years old. I’ve learned photography since I was seven. And I’m in love with the girl I saw 12 years ago.

As I went out of our door, I saw a girl passing by our house. Wait. Was that the girl from the river? My angel?! I ran to check if it was her but she disappeared so fast. Where did she go? I was waiting for her for a long time. Those pretty eyes and long wavy hair. I will never forget that. Her innocent smile while playing the water, it was so innocent. How I wish I can hug and kiss her, if only I were given a chance…

“Coming through!!” I shouted losing my balance. A girl turned and panicked when she saw me. Oh dear, I’m sorry. She splashed her ice-cream on her shirt. I’m dead.

“Watch where you’re going!” she screamed. I can hear the anger and annoyance in her voice.

“I’m sorry. I’m really sorry.” I pulled out a napkin from my pocket and was about to wipe the ice-cream on my chest and stopped, “I guess you should wipe it yourself?” I can’t touch a girl. That’s ill manners.

“That’s right.”sheI wiped her shirt and returned my napkin.

“I can lend you my sister’s shirt. It’s not nice if you’re going home with a shirt looking like that. Your parents would be mad, I guess?” I said.

“You did THIS to me. But you’re right. I’ll just change in your house, that’s all. Ok?” she answered.

We went to our house and pointed where the bathroom was. I kept on saying sorry but she just smiled and said it was alright. That smile… I’ve seen that somewhere... my angel?! It really is her. I should act cool. Kim Myungsoo, be cool.

We talked about random things. Her life in the city and her life here so far were pretty different. I guess she really loves being in Seoul. I saw her looking outside the window. The setting sun reflected on her eyes. Oh, how pretty that was. I really want to hug her right there and now.

“I have to go.” She finally said. Would this be our last meeting? I want to see her again.

“I’ll walk you home. It’ll be dark sooner.” I said. I hope she’ll agree. At least I know where she lives.

She nodded with a smile on her face and I walked her home. She looked really happy and innocent like the last time I saw her twelve years ago.

“This is my stop.” She said pointing at their house.

“Ah,.. okay. See you!” I said. I think I’m forgetting something. What is it?

I just watched her walk nearer to their house when she stopped and turned around, “I forgot to ask. What’s your name?”

Oh yeah. Her name is what I forgot. How can I be so forgetful? “Kim Myungsoo. Yours?”

“Jiyeon. Park Jiyeon. Bye!” she waved at me and ran to their house ‘til she disappeared from the door.

Jiyeon… what a beautiful name. I hope we see each other again.

I walked home smiling when someone randomly knocked my head, “Ya Kim Myungsoo! I’ve been calling you a thousand times!”

I rubbed my head and looked who it was. “Oh, Chunji.” Lee Chanhee, known as Chunji, is my best friend. We’ve been friends since we’re babies ‘til now.

“What’s with you? You just kept on smiling while walking like a zombie there.” He said.

“I saw my angel…” I said grinning almost making my eyes disappear.

“Your angel? You mean that girl you’ve been telling me?” he asked. Chunji knows about her. He knows how much I wanted to see her again.

I nodded, “She’s still so beautiful.”

Chunji just laughed at me and knocked my head, “Bro, look at yourself on the mirror. You look so funny.”

“I don’t care. At least I know her name.” I grinned walking home.

“What’s her name?” he asked.

“Park Jiyeon. Ya, Lee Chanhee. She’s mine,ok?” I yelled.

“I know I know.” he laughed walking with me. “Is she really that pretty?”

“She is. Once I see her again, I’ll introduce her to you.” I smiled.

“You’re friends with her already?” he doubted.

“I think so. She said I’m the first one she ever talked to here that long.” I nodded.

“Good luck with her then. Don’t forget to introduce me to her! I’ll go now. That Hyorin girl is walking around again. If I were you, I’d run back home now or she’ll never let you go once she catches you.” He laughed and ran away.

Hyorin is here again? Oh geez. I need to go. I don’t want to be caught by her again!

 

Hey guys! here's a little introduction of Myungsoo and a little of Chunji. :3

It has Myungsoo's image so it's in Myungsoo's POV ok? :DDD

I do hope you liked it. ;~~~;

I highly appreciate comments so please keep on commenting. :))