Be composed

The Bet

 “So how was your date?” Jiyeon asked Hyorin. Hyorin was quietly smiling at herself while combing her hair. Jiyeon never saw Hyorin this… happy?

“It went marvelous! We had fun and I’m sure he likes me.” Hyorin bragged at Jiyeon looking outside the window. Jiyeon just shrugged at Hyorin not wanting to ruin Hyorin’s mood since every time she’s in a bad mood, she pours it out to JIyeon. How unlucky, right?

Jiyeon just sat on his chair and went on browsing her books. “So when’s our date?” A familiar voice asked. Jiyeon turned to the guy and smiled as she saw Myungsoo.

“It’s up to you. I’m free this weekend.” Jiyeon smiled sweetly at Myungsoo. She saw Hyorin at the sides of her eyes giving her a disgusted look at how Jiyeon was acting towards Myungsoo. “You can also decide where we are going.”

Myungsoo sat on a chair beside Jiyeon and leaned on the table. “Why don’t we go to Seoul? It’s just 2 hours away.” Myungsoo grinned widely at the surprised and excited Jiyeon.

“OMG. Really?! Are you for real?! I’ve always wanted to go to Seoul again.” JIyeon instantly held Myungsoo’s hands tightly. JIyeon can’t hide her excitement and just kept on shaking Myungsoo’s hand. “I can show you the way around Seoul. We can also go to Lotte World! I missed going there. I’m sure you’ll have fun!”

Myungsoo laughed at the excited Jiyeon and he kept on enjoying how Jiyeon was tightly holding his hands. “Yes. We can go there. Everything is on me. I’ll make sure you’d have fun, too.”

Jiyeon quickly hugged Myungsoo thanking him nonstop. Hyorin who was watching them from behind became too irritated and can’t stop herself from ruining the moment Jiyeon and Myungsoo was making. “Do you really have to hug him?” Hyorin said almost yelling at Jiyeon.

Jiyeon was too caught up at the moment and didn’t know that she was already hugging the smiling Myungsoo. She looked down to hide her burning cheeks and rubbed her nape. “I’m sorry. I was just too overwhelmed.”

Myungsoo just shook his head and patted Jiyeon’s head. “ It’s alright. You can hug me any time you want.” He laughed. Hyorin rolled her eyes annoyed on how Myungsoo is too sweet towards Jiyeon.

“He was too cold at me last night and didn’t even try striking a conversation throughout our date and now here he is planning his date with Jiyeon. He’s too unfair.” Hyorin thought and crossed her arms.

“Thanks, Myungsoo. I really miss Seoul so much. “ Jiyeon touched Myungsoo’s hands again.

“Just for you, Yeon.”

The whole class went to their seats when the professor arrived. They went on listening to the new lessons their professors arrived while Myungsoo was taking glances at the still smiling Jiyeon. “She looks so pretty when she smiles like that.”

After the class, Hyomin and Areum were waiting for Jiyeon outside of their room. “Hey, why didn’t you tell us you’re going to have a date with Myungsoo, huh?” Hyomin nudged Jiyeon.

“Oh, I forgot to tell you, guys. The happenings were just too fast.” Jiyeon smiled at her friends. “Anyway, Myungsoo and I are going for a date in Seoul!” She excitedly proclaimed.

“Really? I miss Seoul so much. You’re so lucky!” Areum exclaimed. “But, how did you guys ended up dating?”

“Uhm… It’s hard to explain…” As Jiyeon was about to start to explain it, Chunji walked by to them making Areum too embarrassed to talk. “Thank you, Chunji.” Jiyeon thought.

“Hey guys! Since I’m in a good mood, I’m going to treat you for icecream!” Chunji announced happily. Unknowingly, Chunji wrapped his arm around Areum’s shoulders making the girl’s cheeks flush in red.

“Why so sudden?” Hyomin stated taking glances at the blushing Areum.

“I just want to. Like what I’ve said, I’m in a good mood.” Chunji laughed and looked at Areum. “Why aren’t you happy? Don’t you like icecreams?”

Areum tried looking at Chunji and quickly looked away. “O-of course I’d like to be t-treated by you.” Areum nervously chuckled.

“What’s happening here?” A smiling Myungsoo greeted his friends. “Are you guys planning something without me?”

“Nah, Chunji just want to treat us for ice-cream.” Jiyeon explained. Chunji went closer to Myungsoo making Areum breathe since Chunji stopped from wrapping his arm on her shoulders.

“I was really planning to treat just the girls but since you’re here, why don’t you go with us?” chunji laughed.

“Now that you have girl friends, you don’t want to treat your best friend?” Myungsoo jokingly stated. “Do you guys know that this is the first time Chunji will be treating girls?”

“Really? Why?” Jiyeon asked curiously looking at Chunji.

“I just want to. That’s all.” Chunji said scratching his head.

Jiyeon and the gang met up outside the university after their dismissal and went to the famous ice-cream store in their province.

“This is where we first met, right Myungsoo?” Jiyeon smiled remembering what happened during that time. “It was an awkward meeting.” JIyeon laughed.

Myungsoo nodded and just looked at the laughing Jiyeon.

“Oh yeah, Jiyeon told us about what happened. It was an epic first meeting. Considering that Jiyeon doesn’t like having dirt her shirt.” Hyomin laughed.

“Myungsoo told me about it, too.” Chunji seconded. “Anyway, let me buy your ice-creams now.”

After Chunji bought the ice-creams, he gave each of them one. “You guys are different from all the girls here.” Chunji uttered. “…Especially, you, Jiyeon.”

Jiyeon looked at Chunji while smiling, “Well, thanks for the compliment? Haha What’s so different about us anyway?”

“Some girls here are just too shy or just too confident like Hyorin.” Chunji chortled. “This Myungsoo is so unlucky to be liked by that girl.”

“That’s mean!” Jiyeon laughed slightly hitting Chunji’s shoulder.

“But he’s right though. You guys are really different.” Myungsoo simply stated. “You guys always smile and have an easy go lucky personality.”

“Hey, Areum. Why aren’t you talking?” Chunji nudged the quiet and nervous Areum.

“Ah… Thanks for thinking that w-we’re different.” Areum grinned.

“Don’t mind this girl. She always has weird moments.” Hyomin laughed and slightly pinched Areum. “Be composed.” Hyomin whispered.