Riverbank Angel

The Bet

 

“Come with me.” Hyorin grabbed Jiyeon’s wrist and started swearing random words while pulling her. “You’re a drama queen, aren’t you? You should audition somewhere to be an actress. I bet you’ll pass.” Hyorin said as soon as they got at the back of the university.

“Uh... What do you mean?”

“You don’t have to keep on acting. Myungsoo isn’t here, Ms. Drama queen.” Hyorin scoffed while crossing her arms. She looked at Jiyeon from head to toe. “You even do dramas just to win this bet? Wow, I didn’t know that you really want to win.”

“Look, I’m not acting and I don’t need to do dramas in front of anyone just to win this ridiculous bet.”

“Oh really now. After I saw you and Myungsoo hugging and crying at the park two days ago, you’re saying that you’re not acting? C’mon, Jiyeon. Myungsoo became so close to you after that.” Hyorin raised her eyebrow and clapped annoyingly, “I bet you’re rejoicing now.”

                “I don’t have time for this.”

“Why? Are you going to meet Myungsoo again? You’ll never win, Jiyeon. I’ll get Myungsoo. He’s mine. He’s only mine.” Hyorin kept on pointing to herself emphasizing the word mine. Jiyeon just looked at Hyorin wondering why she wants Myungsoo too much. Is she obsessed of him or what?

                “I feel sad for you.”

“Why?” Hyorin crossed her arms and twirled her hair acting all bossy again. “You don’t have to feel sad for me because you’ll end up as the sad one when I win.”

“Oh my God, Hyorin. You should hear what you’re saying. Do you think a guy would like you when you keep on acting like this?”

Jiyeon shook her head and left Hyorin who was staring at her in anger. “Everyone liked me until you came!” She screamed in annoyance and scoffed. Jiyeon just shrug her off and kept on walking away. “I’d do anything just to make Myungsoo realize that you’re not right for him. Be ready, Jiyeon.”

The whole day went on and Hyorin just stared at Jiyeon. If stares can kill, Jiyeon would be dead by now. Every time Myungsoo comes closer to Jiyeon, Hyorin would start on gritting her teeth like she’s a tiger waiting for her prey to be eaten. Myungsoo kind of noticed it but he didn’t mind her since all he wants to do is to be with Jiyeon. Anytime. Anywhere.

“I’ll send you home?” Myungsoo said as they were dismissed. Jiyeon was fixing her things and was ready to go home and looked at him. She nodded and gave him a big smile. Myungsoo grinned and mumbled a soft ‘yes’ when Jiyeon agreed.

“Are you guys dating?” Chunji suddenly popped out when he saw Jiyeon and Myungsoo walking home together. Both of them looked at him with surprised and confused looks. “Did I surprise you?”

Jiyeon nodded and chuckled, “About your first question, we’re not dating or anything.” She looked at Myungsoo with inquiring looks and said, “Right, Myungsoo?” Myungsoo nodded.

“We’re just trying to get closer to each other. You know, get to know each other more.” Myungsoo looked at his best friend who was looking at them with curiosity. “Why are you asking us anyway?”

“Well, these past few days, you’re always together and don’t even hang out with us.” Chunji sighed and scratched his head. “I kind of miss Ji— I mean I miss hanging out with you guys.” He looked at Jiyeon who gave him a warm smile and started chuckling.

“You guys were always busy so we thought that we’re disturbing you if we hang out. I seldom see you guys. I miss Areum and Hyomin, too.” Jiyeon sighed and poked Chunji’s nose. “I miss your dorkiness, too.”

Chunji rubbed his nape and lowered his head, “Well, we can hang out now if you want to.” Chunji coughed a little and continued, “We can go by the riverbank. It’s your favorite place, right, Myungsoo?”

“It’s your favorite place? Why so?” Jiyeon looked at Myungsoo who was smiling awkwardly as he remembered how he first saw Jiyeon when they were still children. “Let’s go there! I miss seeing the waters. All I see is field.”

“Yeah, it is. I first met someone important there.” Myungsoo smiled and looked at Jiyeon. She just pressed her lips together and nodded. The three of them went to the riverbank and also called Areum and Hyomin to join them. The two girls told them that they will come after finishing their projects.

“It’s beautiful here.” Jiyeon smiled as she looked around. The sunset can be reflected by the river that made the river’s color orangey. There are small trees around the bank and flowers were blossoming on the ground. It looked like a paradise for Jiyeon. She sat down on the grass and felt the softness of the grass that was rubbing against his soft palm. “I wonder who you met here, Myungsoo.”

“He met his angel here.” Chunji said and chuckled. “His angel who he can’t forget since we were a child. His first love.” Jiyeon looked at Chunji and clasped her hands together waiting for Chunji to tell her about Myungsoo’s first love.

“Yah, Lee Chanhee! Who told you to tell her that?” Myungsoo hurriedly shouted while his cheeks were obviously blushing. “I’ll tell you soon about it, Jiyeon, but now now.” He nervously chuckled and gave Chunji a glare.

“Hm, you really should because you know about mine.”

Myungsoo looked at Jiyeon who was smiling at herself while watching the river. The river was reflecting on her eyes that made her especially more beautiful in his eyes. “How was I able to meet this beautiful angel again? I really am lucky.” He whispered at himself.

Whilst, Chunji was looking at the both of them with envy in his eyes and thought, “Can’t you just look at me? Can’t you choose me over him, Jiyeon? Can’t you?”

Hi guys! I updated again. xD

Can you guys help me gain more karma by subscribing/commenting/up-voting my story? I want to change my username for the last time. ;~~~~~; Help me dearies, please? ;~~~~;

And I hoped you enjoyed this chapter..... xD

Watch my MyungYeon fanvid, too! Thank youuuuuuu~ :*