Revelation

The Bet

 

“You must follow the plan, Dasom.” Hyorin whispered. Throwing sneaky looks at Jiyeon, Dasom nodded and did an ‘okay’ sign. Hyorin approached Jiyeon who was sitting by herself and Myungsoo was nowhere in sight. “Hey, drama queen, let’s talk.”

“I’m not in the mood to talk. Go and find someone else.” Jiyeon spoke not even giving Hyorin a look.

“What if I tell Myungsoo about our bet, are you going to be in the mood to talk?” Hyorin flashed a fake smile and batted her eyelashes at her. Jiyeon looked at her with surprised eyes and not even uttering a word. “You’re still not in the mood? I’d go and tell Myungsoo now then.”

“Hyorin, wait!” Hyorin looked at her and impatiently waited for her to talk. “What do you want to talk about?”

“I want to talk about our bet, y’know, I want to know who’s winning already… but not here. Let’s talk at the back of the university again.” By that, Hyorin walked off and Jiyeon followed.  Minutes after, Myungsoo arrived in the room bringing food for Jiyeon.

“Myungsoo!” Dasom called out and made him look at her. “Jiyeon told me that she’s going to tell you something.” She smiled and fixed her hair. “She said she’ll be waiting for you at the back of the university, so yeah.”

“Ah really? Why meet there? Is it a secret or something?”

“I don’t know. Find out yourself.” Dasom shrugged and continued on doodling on her notebook. When Myungsoo walked off to follow Jiyeon, she thought, “I’m just doing this for my friend. I’m sorry.”

“I wonder what she will tell me. Will she confess that she likes me too? I feel so excited.” Myungsoo sheepishly grinned and tried fixing his clothes and hair. When he was near at the back of their university, he read two girls talking at each other.

                “Are you crazy?!”

                “Why? Are you afraid that he’ll be mad at you if he knows about it, huh?”

He heard it. He was sure it was Jiyeon and Hyorin who were talking in hush tones. Before approaching Jiyeon, he chose to hid behind the wall and hear what the two girls were talking about.

                “It’s not that. Just… not now!”

                “But you’re already winning, Jiyeon. We should just tell him already.”

                “It would hurt him. Just give me time.”

                “Well the time is now. Let’s just reveal the bet.”

“Reveal the bet?” Myungsoo whispered at himself. “They were betting at something?”

                “You just pushed me to do this bet, Hyorin.”

                “It’s your idea anyway. Having a bet and Myungsoo as a prize.”

 

As soon as he heard what Hyorin, Myungsoo started walking towards the two ladies that made them surprised. “M-Myungsoo… how long was you there?”

“Enough time to hear the truth.” Myungsoo touched his temples as if thinking about something. “How long were you playing with my feelings?”

“I think it’s been a month or two already?” Hyorin answered for Jiyeon who can’t even utter a word in front of angered Myungsoo. Hyorin was just making things worse because of her answers.

“Myungsoo, let me ex—”

“You did all of those things to make me fall in your trap. Tch. Do you think I’m that stupid?”Myungsoo looked at her with anger in his eyes while clenching his knuckles. “Why me, Jiyeon? Why?”

                “I did it for you, Myungsoo.”

“For me?” Myungsoo scoffed. “Is betting for a person’s heart good for someone? Is playing with someone’s emotions good, Jiyeon? How can you do this to me?”

“I never meant to hurt you.”

“Sure. Make me believe in your lies.” Myungsoo bit his lips and gave Jiyeon a last look. “An angel can really turn to a devil, too.” He then ran off not even looking back even though Jiyeon was screaming his name a lot of times.

“Ah, .” Myungsoo said as he reached the riverbank.

It’s all a bet.Myungsoo as a prize.

Everything just kept on repeating in his mind. Haunting every corner of your brain. Little did he know, tears started rolling down his cheeks. And he started sobbing as if he’s a child who lost his favorite toy.

“Why me, Jiyeon? Did you do all of those just to win this bet? Do I look so naïve for you? I gave you my time and love. Why did my angel do this to me? Do I deserve this? All I did is to love her since the first da I saw her. Is that wrong? Why?”

I updated again! XD I know this is pretty short but.... yeah. orz My next update will be the last chapter and I hope you will support me until the end! ^^

And of course, I already have a new story after The Bet! *clap clap* XD

I hope you would continue on supporting me!

Prophecy of the Midnight Sun