If only I met you first

The Bet

 

“Jiyeonnie~ How was your date with our university’s heartthrob?” Hyomin cheerfully asked. “We’re sorry we weren’t able to eat lunch with you.” They were on their way home and decided to walk for a while to catch up.

“It’s alright,Hyominnie. There’s nothing to be sorry about.” Jiyeon smiled. “About the date, it went fine. We had some fun. We rode the carousel.”

“Woah~ Really? I envy you so much. >.<” Areum said enviously. “I wish I can ride that too with —”

“Chunji!” Hyomin surprisingly screamed, cutting off Areum, as she saw Chunji approaching them. Areum became shy again and quiet hiding behind Jiyeon.

“Chunji wouldn’t be attracted at you if you keep on being like this Areummie.” Jiyeon whispered at Areum. Areum just sighed and nodded at Jiyeon.

“So what’s going on here?” Chunji grinned at the girls. “Hey Ji, can you come with me? I have to ask you something about my project in Arts. You’re the best in arts.” He rubbed his nape shyly and looked at Jiyeon.

“Ah, sure.” Jiyeon nodded. “Do you girls want to help out, too? Areum?”

“N-no... I have to do something later. I’m sorry…” Areum said looking down while scratching her nape. “I’ll help next time… if I can.”

“Ah, it’s alright. Thanks anyway.” Chunji smiled and patted Areum’s head making her cheeks blush.

“How about you, Hyominnie?” Jiyeon then shifted her look to her other friend.

Hyomin politely shook her head and stood beside Areum, “I can’t. I have some projects to do later, too.”

“Hm, it’ll be just the two of us then.” Chunji said smiling at Jiyeon.

“Yeah, I think so too.” Jiyeon laughed.

Jiyeon then bid her goodbye to the girls first and walked with Chunji. They went together to the one and only mall in their place and proceeded to the arts section. “So what’s the project for?”

“My professor caught me not listening so she said that I have to design the bulletin board in our room. She’s treating me like a middle school student. Uhg.” Jiyeon laughed as frustration and cuteness painted all over Chunji’s face.

“Do you know that you kind of look cute when you’re frustrated?” Chunji just stared at Jiyeon surprised on her statement and finally left out a chuckle.

“Really? Should I be frustrated a lot then?” Chunji then acted cute in front of Jiyeon.

“OMG Stop it.” Jiyeon laughed. “If you keep on doing that I might fall for you.” She said jokingly.

“How I wish.” Chunji whispered.

“What did you say?” Jiyeon tried hearing what Chunji just said but he just shook his head and pulled Jiyeon. “Where are we going?”

“I’m hungry. Let’s buy something to eat first before buying what we need.” Chunji pouted and rubbed his tummy.

“But we’re already here at the arts section.” Jiyeon said stopping on their tracks. Chunji sighed and just proceeded on buying the things they needed. After buying, they proceeded on a pizza parlor.

“This’ll be my treat because you will help me with this designing stuff.” Chunji grinned and placed the pizza on the table.

“Well, thank you. I’ve wanted to eat pizza for some time.” Jiyeon chuckled and got one slice. “Next time, listen to your professor and stop thinking too much! You’ve been spacing out recently.”

“I’m a man with things to think of, you know.” Chunji said as he took a bite of the pizza. “Mm! I remember. What were you guys doing at the back of our university?”

“Ah, that was nothing. I was just thanking him for the date.” Jiyeon said not looking at Chunji.

Chunji nodded and leaned on the table, “but you guys looked like you were talking about something serious. Did something happen there?”

Jiyeon shook her head and smiled. “Nothing happened.”

“So what are you guys doing here?” A familiar figure walked closely to them. “Having a date with Myungsoo’s best friend because your date failed with him, huh?”

Jiyeon heaved a sigh and looked at Hyorin. “We were just eating because we’re hungry.”

“Oh, you can eat at home. Why here?” Hyorin said playing with her hair.

Chunji coughed and showed Hyorin the things they bought, “We bought these because Jiyeon will help me design the bulletin board in our room. Stop assuming things.”

“Tch. Chunji, if you like her, just take her away so I can have Myungsoo by myself.” Hyorin said flipping her hair and walked off.

“She is really something.” Jiyeon said chuckling. “She even thinks that you like me.”

“Y-yeah... She’s something.” Chunji sipped his drinks and looked outside the pizza parlor.

Suddenly, Jiyeon’s phone rang and it was Myungsoo who was calling. “Excuse me, I’ll just answer the call.” Jiyeon stood up and walked a bit far from Chunji.

“Hello? Myungsoo?”

“Yeonnie, can you meet me up? I want to give you something.”

“What is it?”

“You’ll know when we meet.”

“Now?”

“Can you?”

“But I’m out with Chunji…”

“Date?”

“No! I was just helping him out with something.”

“Something?”

“Yeah, something about arts.”

“Oh. Then after? Let’s meet at the park.”

“Um. Sure. I’ll just text you.”

“Okay. Be sure to text me. I’ll go now.”

“Um. Bye~”

“Bye~”

“Who was it?” Chunji asked as he took the last bite of his pizza.

“Myungsoo. He wants me to meet him up.” Jiyeon said as she sat down again in front of Chunji.

“Then meet him already. We can do the bulletin tomorrow.” Chunji said smiling at Jiyeon.

Jiyeon looked at Chunji, “You sure? I told him I’ll just text him after we finish.”

Chunji nodded and stood up pulling Jiyeon’s hand. “You can go now. We can do it tomorrow.” He grinned and patted Jiyeon’s hand. Thanking him, Jiyeon then went out to meet Myungsoo. “If only I met you first…” 

OMG finally I updated! ;~;

Enjoy! :D