Sarang

Sarang is the strongest word

Fall, in Seoul South Korea was perfect, but today the weather was horrid. The sky was black with rain clouds as Lighting lit the city and thunder rolled. Rain pelted down upon the citizens with unrelenting force as wind made using umbrella’s nearly impossible. For Lee Sungmin, this day was one of pure misery. His job had a big layoff making him one of the many employees to go home early, dinner tonight would be late, and it was cold and rainy.

“I really miss the summer on days like this.” He whimpered before rushing to an alley that led to a short cut home. Sungmin knew martial arts, so he never worried when he used these short cuts, though his boyfriend Cho Kyuhyun worried nonstop when he knew about it.

His feet carried him down the alley by themselves, but soon he paused when the sound of a crying baby mixed in with the thunder.

“Omo?” Sungmin questioned as he began searching around for the noise. He got closer to some trash bins, and froze when he discovered the source of the cries.

A small baby, no bigger than a newborn laid covered in one of the bins making Sungmin’s motherly instincts shoot into action. As he examined the still crying child for wounds, he noticed the umbilical cord still attached to the child. Someone must have birthed the child and left it. Hatred filled the small man as he thought of the act and cradled the child closer to his body as he rushed to find a taxi to take him to the hospital.

“What a pretty little girl,” Sungmin cooed as he located a taxi and made his way to the hospital. The baby was still shrieking as Sungmin tried singing and cooing the baby.

“Sarang, please appa is here don’t worry.” Sungmin whispered as the car pulled up to the hospital entrance. He quickly paid before rushing into the hospital and screaming for help. Nurses surrounded him as they took the baby from his arms.

“Will she be okay?” Sungmin asked worried.

“We don’t know, can you explain why she’s upset?” a doctor asked as they went into a back room.

“I don’t really know, I found her in a trash bin down an alley.” Sungmin explained as he twisted the bottom of his shirt in worry. The poor baby must be so scared.

“I see, so it was abandoned.” The doctor muttered before writing something on his clipboard.

“SHE was abandoned yes.” Sungmin replied not liking how the man had called his ahgi an it.

“I see, well thank you for bringing her, I’m sure we will find a wonderful home for her.” the man bowed before trying to leave.

“Wait!” Sungmin called stopping the doctor.

“C-can I have her, if she has no one else I would like to have her.” he announced making the doctor sigh.

“You will have to talk with the adoption people.” He explained before walking off and leaving Sungmin to locate said people and his new baby.

SUJU-SUJU-SUJU-SUJU

“Sungmin hyung, Kyuhyun is going to hate you.” Ryeowook replied as he tickled the baby’s stomach.

“No he isn’t, you worry too much.” Sungmin chuckled.

“Is that way you and Sarang are hiding out at my house?” Ryeowook asked his hyung with a smirk.

“No, it’s just, Kyu’s been busy lately and I’m not sure introducing Sarang to him at the moment is wise.” Sungmin replied as he held his baby closer to his chest and cooed in her ear.

“Right, you know Yesung hyung isn’t going to stay on business forever right. He comes back tomorrow.” Ryeowook replied as he eyed his lover’s pet turtle as it crawled around in its cage.

“I know, but Sarang has been abandoned already, if Kyu hates her, I won’t be able to give her up. Wook-ah, I’m attached to her.” Sungmin whimpered before kissing the now gurgling infant in his arms making her giggle. Ryeowook smiled at the action before standing up and grabbing his coat.

“I’ll go for moral support hyung, but don’t come running to me when you and Kyu decide you had enough of diapers and things.” Ryeowook replied as Sungmin’s eyes lit up. The two friends made their way to Ryeowook’s car and began their trip to Sungmin and Kyuhyun’s shared town home.

“Now remember Sarang, Kyu appa is scary but nice so don’t cry if he does something bad, just hit him with the puke like you did the mean doctor today okay.” Sungmin beamed as Ryeowook took the turn onto the street.

“I’m scared,” Sungmin whimpered as he held Sarang closer to him.

“Why hyung?” Ryeowook asked curiously.

“What if Kyu hates her?” the older man asked.

“Then threaten him or something, you know martial arts use it.” Ryeowook replied as he parked and turned off the car.

“I’ll get her things we bought, and then we can go in.” the makanae smiled. Sungmin nodded as he placed the baby blanket over his new daughters head to shield her from the rain.

“I guess this is now or never,” Sungmin whispered before kissing his baby’s lips and marching forward.