Chapter Seven | Over Time

Misunderstood, The
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yixing had always been an early riser, so there was no surprise that he was the first one up in the little kitchenette, playing around with the oven.

 

He wasn’t used to being able to bake desserts successfully with one try. What he was used to was his patched up oven at home that only really got hot on one side. Everything he baked in it came out half done, with one side cooked correctly and the other half either burned or still raw.

 

He was, currently, in baking heaven and had been since he began living in the suite. Especially since it took his mind off of his siblings for a while. Some days he would be able to go home in the morning and see them off for school, then he would bring out his baked dessert for his mom to enjoy, before having to come back to the dorms.

 

 

 

Xiumin, on the other hand, was hardly at the dorm for most mornings and afternoons. He had early classes; therefore the majority of his mornings were spent at the university. Most days, he would tip toe in his lecture halls, thinking that everyone knew he was willingly selling his body to pay his college funds. Joonmyeon was the only one that really knew what he was up to, but the fact that everyone could find out, made his bones ache with nervousness.

 

He looked left and right every morning, completely paranoid. Did people notice his change of wardrobe? Surely they could see that the clothes he wore now were far out of his price range. Maybe the dean would notice and question him, reasoning, if he could afford the clothes he was wearing than he could surely afford student fees, right?

 

Wrong.

 

He grumbled to himself quietly as he looked down at his brand new boots. The genuine leather felt nice against his skin and even the socks made with a comfortable texture. Agit Night truly provided every piece of artifact one could need. From the top of an employee's head to the bottom of there feet, they were to be provided for, that was one thing he did appreciate, despite his embarrasment of the overall situation he found himself in.

 

 

 

Kris awoke shortly after he heard the door to the bathroom shut. It was the last door in the hall, and even though he was nowhere near a light sleeper, he still wasn’t as comfortable in such a place as he would have preferred to be.

 

Maybe if he would have found out about such work earlier, he might have been able to invest more money into taking care of his mother. That was always his greatest regret - not being able to provide for her the way she needed.

 

He knew he did the best he could for her, he knew that she would be very proud of him, but he always felt guilty for not being the best in his own eyes. If he could only do one great thing, if he could become someone important, then he would feel for once, that he was somebody worth remembering.

 

At Agit, he had a chance.

 

He didn’t move so fast through the brief system because he liked what he did, because he had a special control over his hips, or because he had talented appendages, no, he moved fast because he wanted recognition.

 

He wanted to belong somewhere, he wanted stability, he wanted a home, and he was willing to work through every embarrassment, every weird request, and every woman until he received that recognition. It was almost second nature to want that now that he had nothin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter