Chapter Fourteen

Misunderstood, The
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You know, I thought you would stay in your own room last night," Nana says, turning over onto her side.

"I was, but I decided not to pass up the invitation."

Nana watched as he stared up at the ceiling, not bothering to look at her. She was highly pleased, especially since last night was unlike any other she had experienced in a long time. She smiled, unbeknownst to herself, as she allowed her mind to wander back to the dirty details.

"Glad you had a good time," he smirked. "Just what I wanted," his chocolate brown eyes focused in on her face. He looked at her as if he was seeing her for the first time. In a sense, he was, especially since this time he had something to prove and to show off.

"I should be getting back before they start to wonder where I am," sitting up in bed, he reached over to his clothes and hurriedly put them on, opting for a shower once he returned to his room.

Nana sat up with the sheets covering her indecency. She looked over his well built frame, it surely was different since she last seen it, "Why don’t we do this again sometime, hmm?"

He smiled at her suggestion, "of course."

 

~~~~~~~

 

Kris opened the door to the shared suite, hoping no one was awake yet. Far shot, especially since he could hear Yixing in the kitchen humming a tune. He shut the door quietly, thinking that he could sneak down the hallway without the other noticing. He took a few steps, almost to the hallway, but coincidently, so was Yixing.

"Oh Kris? What are you doing up so early?" he questioned, shocked by the appearance of the slightly disheveled looking blonde.

Kris’s mouth was dry suddenly. It wasn’t some huge secret that he should keep regarding what he did last night, but somewhere in his brain recesses, he wasn’t too keen on sharing that piece of information either.

"I, um, I just got up for some water," he covered quickly. Mentally, he slapped himself for even feeling like he had to lie. Sleeping with people was what he got paid for, even if those people happen to be his boss.

"Ok, well the kitchen is, um, that way," Yixing smiled cutely, pointing toward the opposite direction they were facing, to which Kris simply nodded his head and took off in the other direction.

He grabbed himself a glass cup before filling it with cold water, and quickly he gulped down the liquids, aching for more.

Why did he lie?

Taking another gulp, he finished the water as Tao made his way into the kitchen.

"Kris, where did you go last night?" Tao questioned, sleep still in his voice. The grip Kris had on the glass cup tightened slightly.

How dis Tao even know he left? He was sure everyone was sleep by time he got up.

"Um, I just couldn’t sleep," he mumbled.

There he went, lying again.

Tao stared at the side of his face with his intense eyes. Though he was sure the boy didn’t mean to look so serious, the effects of his deadly stare still held the same potency as if he was doing it on purpose.

"I hate when people lie to me. I am not some ignorant child," his tone matched his stare. Maybe he was doing it on purpose.

Kris neck began to itch at Tao’s tone. Who did he think he was talking to?

"Who is to say I am lying?" Kris questioned. "I said I couldn’t sleep and I meant it, why are you even curious about my business?" his tone was sharp and equaling Tao’s eyes.

"I am not curious about your business. But you didn’t have to lie to hide the reason you went out. Just saying it’s none of my concern would have been good enough," Tao snapped. The younger boy was certainly getting braver as of late - too bad Kris despised disrespectful people.

"Look, Tao, don’t go sticking your nose where it doesn’t belong, and watch your tone when talking to me," Kris grounded out. His fists were balled at his sides as he took deep breaths to calm down.

Tao was coming up with a retort, when Yixing came in to ask what the younger wanted for breakfast. However, the dark hair boy kept his eyes on Kris as he mumbled out a ‘whatever YiYi wants.’

Kris smirked at the younger before exiting the kitchen. The thoughts from earlier still running through his mind. Why doesn’t he want anyone to know where he was last night?

Better yet, why is he even getting irritated at the fact that Tao asked a simple question and could see through his lie?

The straight line of his shoulders immediately drooped at the way he handled the matter in the kitchen. Tao was right, he didn’t have to lie, maybe he should apologize?

He continued in his thoughts until Jongdae stepped out of his room to walk to the bathroom, "Jongdae," he called to the boy walking with his eyes still closed.

"Don’t talk to me until I have talked to myself," the boy grumbled, slamming the bathroom door shut. Kris just looked at the door, he still didn't know why Jongdae was behaving the way he was, and what did he mean by talk to him self? Whatever the slender boy meant, Kris was sure to find out soon enough.

 

~~~~~~~

 

Luhan slowly made his way into the neighborhood he grew up in. His parents were very vague when they requested him to come to their home for a "talk". He was sure they would yell more than actually talk, maybe even pass a few blows, but they definitely were not going to simply, talk.

He still hadn’t told them exactly what he was doing for money yet and he wasn’t sure he was ever going to. None of them deserved to know anything about his personal life anymore. He exited the taxi on the corner before walking the rest of the distance to the house.

Maybe he should have felt slightly nervous, but he felt nothing. No emotion at all. In a few minutes however, he was positive he would be feeling angry, spiteful, and an acute irritation that was native to him whenever he had to deal with his family asking him personal questions.

He tugged on his black jacket before knocking on the door. It didn’t take long for someone familiar to open it - his mother. Out of everyone in the house, he would say she was the most understanding. But, what he meant by understanding, was that she would at least show courtesy in greetings and ask cordial questions before attacking him verbally.

"Luhan, I am so glad you could make it, come in," she said, stepping aside.

He walked in, not moving too far from the front door. Even though he grew up there, he felt as if the place was just a house and not his home. He felt like a stranger, when he should already be plopped up on the couch comfortably.

"Why don’t you have a seat? Let me call the others," his mother said while pointing at the folding chair that was sitting alone, away from the rest of the furniture.

Sitting down in the hard chair and picturing where everyone else would sit, made this feel more like an interrogation than anything else.

His mother yelled up the steps about Luhan being there before offering him a glass of water to which he kindly declined.

He crossed his arms before waiting for the rest of his family and that girl to enter the room. His father came in first, shooting him a look before ploppi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter