Chapter Thirty Three

Misunderstood, The
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong sat in Nana’s office just a little while before lunch time. They had been steadily drifting apart, but she still needed him. He was still the brains of the business and the financial manager. Sure maybe she didn’t need what was in his pants anymore, but she did need what was in his head and he was more than willing to offer his services no matter what form they are requested in. He had came across Nana’s deal with Yixing a few weeks back. She wanted an Asian man to dote on her? Jaejoong guessed his Korean heritage didn’t play into the fantasy Nana had running around in her brain.

He shrugged his shoulders noncommittally, this was business, and Yixing was just handling business.

The boy had become her day shadow. Certain hours of the day, he was there. Early in the morning, he would be at her door ready for whatever she threw at him, accepting and delivering graciously.

During lunch, he would be waiting in her office, ready to her to whatever venue she wanted to eat at. He would be ready to feed her, section off her plate, count her calories, anything for her.

Right before he had to leave to entertain other clients for the evening, he would give her a tireless kiss. One that was too intense to pass for work, but lacking anything extra for it to mean more…

Nearly everyday, Jaejoong would witness this. Though not all at once, over a few weeks period, he has been able to see them at different times of the day. Only twice did he mistakenly witness their morning ritual before he got the clue not to go to her room before 9:00 a.m. During lunch is when he mostly saw their actions take place since he did have to meet with her to discuss any business related topics. And few times in the evening, he would see such acts, such kisses, being exchanged. As Yixing would leave, he never would make eye contact with Jaejoong. Always opting to keep his head down, but Jaejoong never missed the look in Nana’s eyes. She always stared at the young man’s back as he exited; her lips as if he left his taste behind and she had to get as much as possible before it vanished into thin air. Only after he would clear his throat, would Nana snap her eyes to attention, realizing that Jaejoong was in the room.

He rubbed at his eyes tiredly. Nana would never truly stop with her games, but this time, this thing with Yixing…it didn’t seem to be a game.

Her ambitious attitude is what laid her into Kris’s brain and her ual attraction to the taller brooding male, into his arms.

The same thing could be said about him. Her idea, her ambition to see it to life, is what laid her to Jaejoong. So she may use his knowledge to achieve her goal. Along the way, using each other’s bodies became a given, but somewhere amongst the building and achievements, Jaejoong became confused. To Nana, their original arrangements seem to have stood as is. To Jaejoong, he wanted to change, to only have her have him and no one else.

He sighed, his thoughts becoming a burden to him as of late. He laid back into the leather chair listening to Nana’s heels tapping generously across the floor with another pair of footsteps following closely behind…Yixing.

"Glad you are here Jae," Nana smiled out. "Yixing take a seat for me, will you?"

Jaejoong held back a grunt noticing the tone of voice she used with Yixing. Completely different from any other tone she spoke in. The quiet boy bowed his head slightly in acknowledgement of him before taking the seat next to his.

"I just had some things to go over before I leave for lunch," she chattered, making brief eye contact with her second in command. "The promotions will be released at the end of this week. The commercial will be coming out first on select television stations, have you sent out the checks to them yet?"

"Yes Nana. I mailed them yesterday and emailed their individual payroll to be expecting an early payment."

"Very good, next will be the posters. I want a portrait hanging in the lobby of this building, right behind the receptionist desk. I also want ads in any glamour magazine and any adult venues. I need you to get me a rough draft of assets from the accounting firm we are working with. Also, I want you to take Kris along with you on your bank runs. Show him the ropes of depositing our business funds, but do not give him any withdrawal pass codes, understood?"

Jaejoong only shook his head moderately. Why would she want Kris handling Agit’s money at all? Some things he would never understand, but they would be done if that is what she requested.

He stood from his seat, finding not many words he wanted to say to her. Taking a quick glance at Yixing, who seemed to disappear amongst the business environment, he left out the door in search for Kris.

"Ready for lunch?" Nana asked the silent Yixing.

"Only if you are," came his softer reply. She smiled at his answers as she did every time she asked him a view point question and he managed to answer with whatever would appease her.

"I would really like to know if you are hungry or not," Nana tried again.

Yixing seemed to consider his answer for a moment, his eyes cascading down to her lips before dragging them back up to her face, "yes, I am."

"And what would you like to eat?" she eyed him.

"I never pay for the meals, so I shouldn’t be the one to decide," he replied, leaning forward in the chair, nervously dragging his nails against his dark blue pant’s leg.

"Very well," she shrugged her shoulders, "I was just asking because I noticed you liked sweets, so I wanted to make sure we go somewhere good dessert is served."

He only nodded his head choosing not to speak, though he had many things to say, questions to ask. He opted to keep his mouth shut if not directly spoken too. Nana was…nice…and sometimes he didn’t know what to make of it…her amiability.

Just glancing once at her small frame one would think

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter