Chapter Thirteen

Misunderstood, The
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Everyone stood to congratulate the boys of room 1950. Many of the other Entertainers were shocked at the turn of events, but none more than Tao.

True, he had been getting use to the constant attention afforded him through Yixing, and his clients, but this?

All of these people, cheering for him?

There was a swell in his chest as the faces of all the attendees blurred together to make one familiar face, smiling and saying "congratulations son…I am so proud of you…"

Tears came to his eyes that he hurriedly tried to hide.

Kris looked over to the youngest and second tallest, seeing how affected the boy was. In his own mind he began to smile, not for the sake of Tao, but rather for the sake of himself. It seemed finally he had a chance at becoming somebody.

The crowd of esteemed clients rushed upon them, all wanting a clearer look to see who they would like to request first. Nana smiled at the sight. She recognized that the Asian man seemed to be getting more and more popular nowadays, and what way to promote better, than to have six beautiful Asian boys, with the whole package, promoting her business?

It was brilliant.

Jaejoong's eyes found hers from the audience; he was smiling at Nana, proud of her speech and her idea.

Yes, he knew what she had planned, but for once, he was not the one to make it happen like he was all the other times. He was so use to her needing him to supplement for her lack of knowledge in the business world. He was the one that brought her dreams to life when it came to finance, budgets, business partners, bank loans, and even past promotions. True, he came from nothing, much like her, but his education was better.

Imagine the genuine swell of his heart when she showed him what she was capable of doing alone. She hadn’t needed him so much for this endeavor.

She made it happen all on her own.

Nana bowed her head in acknowledgement of his eyes on her frame, a smirk tinting her lips. Jaejoong tilted his head to the side, squinting his eyes slightly at the sight of her beauty. She was his, at least in his mind. And tonight, he was intent on showing her.

He turned his head from her sight to focus on a more comedic sight - Xiumin completely frozen as hands reached for his frame.

Xiumin had no idea if he heard Nana correctly or not.

But she did say she would use him as a promotional clip, right?

An advertisement to tell other people about her business? Meaning that people he was hiding his line of work from would soon find out?

Is that what she meant by promotional clip?

Even with the clients surrounding him and asking his name, he still couldn’t get over the fact that the very possibility of his whole university finding out would eventually lead to him being ran over with taunts and disgusting looks.

There was no way that he would be able to deal with that, it’s not possible.

"You should eat something, you look thin," came a confident voice, and warm air surrounding his ear.

He turned to face the personal space intruder, just to come face to face with her - Miss Dinner Time.

She smiled at the widening of his cat like eyes, "I knew you were talented, but I didn’t know you were talented enough to be used by miss toothpick over there," she teased, nodding towards Nana still on stage, talking to some business investors.

He gave a nervous laugh at her taunt before dropping his head. He didn’t know he was talented enough either.

"So, I already made you my permanent D.E, I was invited to this event because of my hefty donations," she spoke lowly, emphasizing the word "hefty", causing Xiumin to gulp. "But as I was making my way here, I kept thinking about all the men I requested in the past, none of them fulfilling me quite like you do. So, I decided to make you permanent, three times out of the week I want to dine with you," she leaned forward, her full brushing against the outer making of his suit as her perfectly outlined lips leaned closer to his ear, "You don’t mind, do you?"

Xiumin was never one to initiate physical contact, but he found himself wishing that she had requested more than to simply dine with him at the moment.

"I’ll do anything," he found the words slipping effortlessly from his mouth before he could think about them, "to be your permanent."

She leaned back, giving him a full look at her well made up face. Dark eyebrows arched, cute button nose powdered just right, and full lips adorned with a spice red lipstick. Her darkly outlined eyes squinted ily at him before she mouthed a simple, "Good".

He watched her walk away with a well dressed man following behind her. Xiumin assumed him to be her butler or something of the like until he recognized him as a fellow Agit . He carried her plates as she filled them with the food from the tables lined up on the outer wall. Not minding one bit that she wanted to make him her permanent made Xiumin suddenly wonder, why?

Luhan, who had seen the whole thing take place, only laughed slightly since he was stuck in the same predicament.

A female he remembered escorting sometime ago was standing before him, Cece, was her name. She was congratulating him on his achievement, though he didn’t know what he did to deserve it.

He didn’t mind however. This particular young lady was inheritably wealthy, and if at all she wanted to request him again as an and then a little more later on in the night, he of course, didn’t mind.

In order to get his parents, brother, and that girl off his back, he would do anything. Besides, the more nights spent with Cece could only bring him up in brief level, and satisfy his own desires as well.

Really, there wasn't any room to complain.

Xiumin walked over to him, smiling broadly, "Can you believe this?"

"No, I didn’t expect it in the slightest," Luhan laughed. "But what about you? I saw you with that lady, is she your client?"

"Yes, she is. She wants to make me her permanent."

Luhan studied Xiumin’s suddenly nervous face, "Aren’t you happy?

"Yeah I am, it’s just - I don’t know why?" he mumbled. "Besides, I can’t focus on that too much, what about my university finding out what I do, just to pay them? What if the dean kicks me out?"

Luhan laughed again, "So what? They can’t kick you out for that. You are a straight A student. You’re just broke. They should be glad you are even trying to pay them!"

Xiumin laughed at that, slightly feeling his worries leave. He looked around them, seeing his roommates surrounded by people. His eyes fell on Jongdae and Yixing together, whispering amongst themselves.

It wasn’t that Jongdae wasn’t happy with the turn of events, he was just slightly worried. He had every reason to be anyway.

He never did too well with sudden and unexpected change.

But he had been expecting this, right?

Yixing was only making it worse. Worrying over his increase in clients, how his night's would only become longer, how his energy to see his family would slowly leave him if more people requested him.

Jongdae just rolled his eyes at Yixing’s inexperie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter