Chapter Fifty Six

Misunderstood, The
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To Yixing, life wasn't fair.

It was something that he came to accept years ago after his father left, but now he was reminded in a completely different way of just how unfair life could be to someone like him. He didn't have to suffer the way he did. He could run away. But where in sense did that make all of his life's wrongs, right?

It didn't.

He had told Tao that he would leave Agit. The young, Chinese male, thought that would be the safest route to take. As soon as he was done servicing Nana he would leave. The feelings of guilt because of his thoughts regarding his family simply ate away at him. He had come to terms that he wasn't perfect, of course he wasn't. But he was understanding to an extent and he refused to understand his own feelings beyond what was necessary.

Leaving Agit was the only way to escape his incessant desire to please Nana.

She was the one that had dug her always manicured nails into his flesh and refused to let go. She was the one that made him think of freedom apart from his mother and siblings. She was the one that tormented him on the nights when all he wanted was to feel her.

Leaving Agit was like leaving Nana.

If he sat down and thought about what all he had accomplished he would feel a sense of joy knowing that it was him that made ends meet time after time. But for once in his life he wasn't quite sure if he wanted to meet this end. Selfishly, he wanted constant exposure like an addict to a drug.

There had to be a way to get the best of both worlds surely. It's so funny how he found himself even thinking that. Was it Nana that he wanted to keep around, or was it just that fact that she was a women and being such she had what he needed? Couldn't he just replace her with someone else? Of course he could, but why didn't he want to?

The young man buried his face into his hands, rubbing at his tired eyes while letting out a soul whispering sigh. He only had a week left with the woman, why couldn't he just figure out his affairs and stop being such a weakling? If he acknowledged his feelings, came to terms about what it was that he wanted exactly, then he could leave in peace.

He would leave in peace.

There had to be a way to just ask. To find out, if at all possible, if Nana would...stay in touch. Even after he left.

There could be no harm if he had a woman but managed his at home affairs in person. All he wanted was to be able to see his family on a regular, not just when his boss allowed him to. If he could lose her as a boss but keep her as a woman, then wouldn't that solve his problem?

He would have the best of both worlds then, right? All he had to do was ask her at their next meeting. Points were already in her favor since she so willingly gave his little sister gifts. The little one would be excited to know the lady that had provided her with so many pretty things. And if his mother got to know the Nana he got to know, then he was sure she would approve. As far as his little brothers, he didn't know. But they couldn't hate her, they wouldn't.

His heart increased speed at the thought of bringing Nana or any girl around. Even the fact that he had to ask her if she wanted to come around made him nervous. This wasn't like what he was engaged in with her now. They had a business deal at the moment, but once that was over, would she so willingly spend time with him. Someone who was quitting his job working under her?

He hadn't thought of that yet. What if she refused because he was quitting. He would be causing her business to lose money if he did so, so why would she want to willingly see him?

Another sigh left his mouth.

It wouldn't hurt to try.

So he would.


~~~~~~~~~


“I want you to meet Addi Jones, she is our Public Relations officer,” Jaejoong pointed out to Kris who stood to shake the woman's hand.

His eyes initially widened upon sight of her. She was tall, 5'll if he subtracted the five inches off her heels that made her his height. Her hair was a simple mocha brown that curled in fullness around her smiling face which held dimples that could compete with Yixing's.

She was attractive.

“I want you to work with her for a while,” Jaejoong continued. “Since it seems we will be losing quite a few of your room mates. The public has taken so well to our Exotic Men campaign. Now it seems we won't be having Asians as the rep. Since they are your team, I believe you should have some say with our lovely PR here about how we will go about retracting the main Asian focus from the campaign.”

Addi smiled again at Kris, before looking to Jaejoong, “I believe that will be pretty simple to  handle without this business

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter